Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 11:33 AM   #61  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning ladies

I have decided to give WW a try. I've prepared myself and got my tools and journal and all that jazz, plus, I've talked about it for years with my sister and I've just never went with it.

But today is a new day and I'm going to give it a try. I will keep you updated on how I do. I already see myself struggling with my water intake, but I am going to work on that!

I have a great uncle who does WW, and he lives in Iowa so I had no idea he was on the plan. He and his family visit my grandpa every once in awhile, well the last time he came to visit......he was sitting in the living room visiting and I didn't even recognize him!! He was well over 300 lbs and had lost over 100! He looked great!! That was a couple years ago, my Aunt tells me he's doing going strong and has lost even more!!

So......I'm going to see how I do!

Hope all is well w/you and that you're all having weather you can enjoy. It's sunshiney here in Oregon, makes for great mornings out on the patio to read a newspaper and have a cup of coffee!

I'm going to get ready for work....I have a three day weekend coming up to spend w/DD and so this is a short week!

WhooHoo.

Have a good one girls.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:47 PM   #62  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

popping in again.....it is rainy here, and the famous Detroit riverfront fireworks are tonight.....and the only one that seems to have taken a nap today was Marissa. so she will get to watch the fireworks if she is still awake!

this weekend is full of fireworks! tonight we are watching some on tv....then our towns fireworks are on Thursday, then a city over has their fireworks on Friday.....then the next ones we are going to after that are all up in the air!
Old 06-23-2008, 10:58 PM   #63  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hey all,,,
a quick hello....
PAt,,,better to stay in the same spot then gain. But I know what you mean about just wanting the scale to move.

Mindee,,,so what is teh special occasion for the fireworks?

Marti,,,that is awesome about your uncle...good on him. And WW is a tried and true weightloss program... I would have the same challenge as you of water intake.

Jane,,,what is wrong with your internet? Storms?

Well, I had a busy weekend,,,went to a rodeo. Love them...got to see some chucks...which is exciting.
Went shopping with a friend from work,,,her daughter is getting married in Sept and needed my input on her outfit. We bought two! We figured one for rehearsal,,,and we got some sales that were hard to pass up.

I just got back from getting my hair trimmed and desparkled...(haha I call my grey/silver hair sparkles) Not sure if she thinned it enough,,,such thick hair that I suffer in the heat...

Anywho better get to bed,,,am working the 12 hr days for awhile...*sigh
Old 06-24-2008, 12:14 AM   #64  

we had a great time watching the fireworks here at home.......I was right.....the only one that was still awake to watch them was Marissa. She had more fun playing with me and her favorite ball, then the fireworks. But if somebody would clap on tv, she would clap.

Angie~ The city of Detroit always does a big shindig for the 4th of July.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:22 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hello Ladies,

Just thought I would check in real quick and say Hi and I'm still here, but not much going on. I'm staying OP and doing my exercise and drinking my water so that is good. This week I'm working on putting more fiber into my diet each day which is turning out good. I have a little more energy which is nice.

Sue - You are in my prayers and I hope you get good news on the biopsy and that you Mom is doing well.

Pat - I hope things are going better for you these days.

Mindee - How are you and the kiddos doing? Are y'all enjoying the s
summer?

I hope everyone is having a good day. I will check in again when I can.

Trish
Old 06-24-2008, 09:43 PM   #66  
Give me strength

ha Mindee...forgot about the holiday coming up. Can you say been a bit bogged down in work. The kids have been telling me all the latest news...
I even went so far is to turn the radio off at work and listening to a positive cd. *sigh trying to keep me in the right frame of mind.

Sue,,,when will you know the results?
Old 06-24-2008, 11:33 PM   #67  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Nothing much going on here right now, finally. I have been resting quite a bit. Also trying to ride the bike and walk every day. Not much, but the ticker is moving. Eating has been going well.

I haven't had the call from the Dr. yet about my biopsy. Talk about "pins and needles."
Mom got her call and will have her procedure on the 10th of July. She goes to her heart Dr. before that, so we can discuss.....

Did laundry, bathrooms and grocery shopping yesterday. Cleaned the kitchen and dining room plus all the floors today.

We have our windows open and the house is getting a good airing. I love not having to use the A/C and wish we could get by all summer like this. I think we are getting a heat wave in the next few days...so the A/C will be in use.

Marti- Good luck on WW. You will have to talk to Jane, she makes it sound like a good program. (I started to say, easy, but I know it is not easy. Is any program?)

Angelia- I certainly hope the Dr. calls tomorrow. Thurs. is the 2 week deadline, so I will call them if I don't hear. They said 1 to 2 weeks. Sounds like you have been very busy. The shopping trip was probably a good relaxer. I love rodeos on t.v. but have never been to a "real" one. Fun!

Mindee- Cute about our little Marissa clapping. At least the fireworks didn't scare her. Someone has been setting them off around us and mom's little Baby gets so scared. She shakes and runs under the bed. Or else to my walk-in closet. She found that dark spot when mom was gone and it stormed. Poor little thing.

Trish- Glad to see you...Thanks for the prayers. I feel the need. Mom is feeling pretty good considering all her troubles. Her feet are still a big worry, and then the kidney procedure. We will get through it, I am sure, with lots of prayers and good wishes from our friends and the good ladies at 3fc's.

Pat- The scale will move...but boy, isn't it maddening when it doesn't for awhile? I am the queen of slow losers, let me tell you. I rejoice when the scale decides to move. I hope all your plants and garden are doing well.

Ellen- Hope you get your strength back soon. I hope your little ones don't wear you out too badly now that summer break is here.

Jane- Hope your computer will co-operate so we can hear more from you. Are you still watching the girls for Mary? Staying busy I bet.

Sassy- Hi chickie. Hope things are good over your way!

I know I am missing the new ladies...and I don't intend to slight anyone, just need to get my rear in gear here for bedtime. So ya'll have a Happy Hump Day tomorrow.

Last edited by suetalks; 06-24-2008 at 11:34 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:33 AM   #68  

well, for good things Tommy still has a job......but on a down side, his hours got cut. he is now working from 7am to 3pm. he says that he foresees the shop pushing layoffs soon. So, I mentioned to him to talk to the lady that called him from the other staff agency about a job closer to home.

Trish~ The kiddos are doing great! they are actually all healthy, knock on wood, right now. we are working on getting their insurance back into affect, which I am hoping will go back into affect on July 1st. and then we can get Brandon into the ENT.....and now I am wondering if we should get all three of them checked just to be safe.

Angie~ I understand that! I try to avoid watching the news if I can.....but with the weather lately and the kids wanting to go swimming I use it as background noise until I hear the weather.

Sue~ You are doing great on your walking!! The fireworks were on tv.....this Thursday and Friday we are going to fireworks in person, so we shall see how she does. we took her to fireworks this time last year and she did great! in fact, she slept through them! Our dog Cheyenne, that we had, used to be afraid of fireworks too.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:24 AM   #69  
GmaTo8

Hello ladies,

My computer server seems ok now. We'll see.

Ellen - how are you feeling? When is your due date? I know you must have mentioned it, but I forgot.

Sassy - nope, you haven't lost your mind, lol. I sometimes dream of people I haven't thought of in years, and wonder why. Speaking of ex's moms, my exdh's mom is in the nursing home again, after breaking her hip. She is such a sweetie, and I hate to see her suffer.

Marti - I think you'll like WW. It's very doable for anyone in the right frame of mind. It's an eyeopener, though, to see those points add up, isn't it??

Angie - "desparkled" - hahaha, you crack me up! What are chucks? My DD Katie wears shoes she calls chucks. And I know what ground chuck is. Even know a few guys named Chuck, but what is a rodeo chuck?

Trish - I've been kind of low on energy, too. Wonder if it's the heat? How's Tony doing?

Pat - if you were able to carry your nephew w/o a problem, walk up 3 flights of stairs w/o gasping for air, and riding the horse the way you did, well then, you aren't as big as you think. I admire you, though, for wanting to get the weight off before it becomes a bigger problem.

Sue - yes, I'm still babysitting. 4 on, then 4 off. Thankfully, Neal is a big help. Have you been plagued by the biting bugs that look like big gnats? They are all over Indiana, I've been told, in huge swarms. Someone told us to dab vanilla on ourselves, so they won't bite. I did that, then started thinking of my homemade frosting! Let us know what the doc says, ok?

Mindee - glad to know Tommy still has his job. I think you're right, it would be a good idea to have the kids checked out when the insurance kicks in. Our town has some fireworks on the 4th. We can sit on the edge of our watermelon field and see most of them.

Before I forget, if any others of you are thinking of trying Weight Watchers, join us in the Health-Focused Friends thread in the Clubs and Groups section at WW here at 3FC, in addition to posting here with the Jaded Ladies.

Ah, I've got so much to catch up on, now that my computer is back to normal. It's sad to think how much I depend on it, lol. Then I plan to tidy up my closet before it gets totally out of hand. I tend to be a slob, lol.

Have a good one!
Old 06-25-2008, 11:11 AM   #70  

Height: 5'1"

Morning Ladies...

I'm aching due to the sciatica! It had been awhile since it has bothered me and now....going on day 3. It's eased up some so by the weekend I'm hoping to feel better.

Just wanted to pop in quickly and say hello.

I'll check in again soon.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:26 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Good Morning Ladies~Today started out with a bang literally. I woke up to major thunder claps. It stormed and stormed about 9:30am. Poured down rain. Good for the garden and flower beds, but the weeds love it too. My purple Clematis is still blooming, it is sooooooooooooo pretty.

Angie~I asked yesterday what a rodeo chuck is. Inquiring minds need to know these things My post got wiped out when the puter got nervous (major trembles) and lost everything. Then shut its self down I lost a lot of stuff when that happened. I just had a thought are you talking about a chuck wagon where the cooks fixed the beans?

Jane~Thank you for the kind and encouraging words. I feel huge. Lately my knees ache all the time. I chalked it up to being so over weight. Your words cause me to rethink some things over. Thank you for your support.~~Did you get storms this morning? The sun is trying to come out. Some of the wetness is starting to dry up. I might be able to mow the yard this afternoon. I watered my container plants last night. Jane~I have spaghetti squash and cantaloupe in bloom.

Mindee~Glad to know that Tommy still has a job. It is rough when they cut back on hours and or benefits. I am going job hunting this week. I think Marissa is so cute clapping her hands at the fireworks. Pictures please!

Sue~boopus dang!! I hope they call you soon with your results. The waiting and not knowing makes it worse. Please let us know when you hear from them.

Ellen~When is your bundle of joy due? I know you must have posted it, but I missed it. We have a great nephew due 8-9. Can't wait to get my hands on him and give him a great big kiss on his little cheek.

Trish~How are you today? I hope things are better.

I called my lawyers office yesterday to see if we can get the ball rolling for a court date to get the settlement over and done with. I had to go to my ex's house to pick up a few things I needed. The high light was my beautiful black Lab remembered me. We sat down on the sofa, I gave him a good back scratching. I will for ever and always miss him (dog). He is my soul mate. He is 80+pounds of muscle. Too big for me now. I wish I could see him more often. Is there such a thing as dog visitation rights in a divorce?

I have some house work to get done. I will catch ya all later. Everyone have a wonderful good afternoon. Pat

Last edited by Dixiemae; 06-25-2008 at 11:29 AM.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:58 PM   #72  

just popping in while I have a chance......our bathroom floor by the tub is getting worse. so I told the office manager, and she is going to have one of the guys come over tomorrow to check it out. he says that more then likely he will have to replace the floor and tiles. (something that should have been done before!)

Jane~ it is good to hear that your server is back up and running! I think I am going to get them all checked, that way we won't have to make repeat trips in the future. the city fireworks here, we can somewhat make out by our complex. (meaning.....we can hear them and sometimes see them!) but a friend of ours lives on the water and said that we could come over to her place to watch them. good thing for that! bad part........all the fish flies that will be out!

Marti~ I hope your sciatica goes away soon! my got really bad when I was pregnant with all three......especially Logan. but every now and again it acts up on me.

Pat~ I will take the camera with us when we go and watch the fireworks tomorrow night. And then again when we go on Friday! I am thinking more and more about taking some photography classes since I love taking so many pictures!
Old 06-25-2008, 11:33 PM   #73  
Give me strength

Pat you are close,,,chucks is chuckwagons...think small ones that have 4 horses...and they raise. They first do a circle eight,,,then ride! It does get a bit scary at first. I really don't know what my favorite is in rodeos,,,broncs,,,bulls or mutton busten.

We are getting into Stampede time...check out www.calgarystampede.com
think crazy city pretty much closing down for a rodeo.
I try to make it to the grounds once to the Coca Cola stage to see a concert...saw the Mavericks once,,,mmmmmm and Terry Clark once,,,the Trews. Yup love it all.

So today I had one of those embarrassing moments,,,sad tho,,,for you ladies who have been here along time,,,this isn't the first time for me,,,*sigh or will be the last.

So we hiring another salesman for our LTL division. (truck talk) I knew that the guys were going for lunch right before the last interviewee was to show...
so I went for my lunch,,,come back Brandon had relieved me. And he has written a note for me from Keith (sales guy) its says. * Keith and Barry will be late,,,the guy will be here,,,entertain him* sticky note attached.
I hear he likes Tigers and Fire.
So Im left,,,there. Guy comes in his name is Carlos. I explain whats happening that Keith is a bit late,,,traffic. (lying) I go back to data entering,,,Im super late with a report. I ignored this guy for 10 minutes. So feeling bad make small talk,,,ask him SOOOO Tigers and Fire eh? Hes like,,,ok. awkward moment,,,I prevail. So you like Tigers and Fire?
He says,,,sure...awkward moment again... I push again,,,(geesh will this guy just talk already,,,if he likes Tigers and Fire,,,tell me about it !!)
Me...so tell me about Tigers and Fire....
the look of horror on this guys face tipped me off!!!
Brandon had played a joke on me! I called him,,,asking him Tigers and Fire?
He is laughing so hard,,,and loud we could here from my desk!
So I told Carlos everything,,,how in this business you have to have a sense of humour. ha . all day instead of swearing everyone kept saying for Tigers and Fire! ok I did laugh too... but I will get even....mooohaha

And how was your day?
Old 06-26-2008, 12:33 AM   #74  

man it has gotten so hot and humid all of a sudden! I went from being nice and comfortable to now being sweaty and sticky.

as for our walk, it wasn't a full two hour walk, we actually sat down and talked with the office manager and her daughter, but the kids were playing and one of us was up going after Logan mainly for trying to climb the monkey bars.

oh yeah, they are FINALLY sending someone over to fix the bathroom floor! I talked to the office manager on Wednesday and told her that the floor was getting softer. she called one of the guys and he said that he will come over in the morning to look at it, but more then likely he will have to rip up the old flooring and put down new flooring and tiling!

and on top of that, once they are done with the other remodels, we were given the go ahead to rip up the carpet in the dining room and to put down tile. which, I have to see if the guy coming over in the morning would be willing to help since the office manager said to ask him. but it would probably take me making him lunch for a week. but at the earliest that we would be able to do that is in August.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:33 AM   #75  

Height: 5'5"

Morning ladies! I am still here, my energy is a little better, but hoping I get a little more. Been busy planning our trip next week...will be gone from sun to sat.

For all who asked I am due 12-29...have to run, our tent got rained on, and I have to get it down b4 more rain today.
Closed Thread