Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 04:50 PM   #31  

Default Poor baby Jake :(

Got his 4-month vaccinations yesterday. Man, I hate those dr's visits!

He's in perfect health. His dr. said he's a very happy baby (again ) and that she can tell that we talk to him a lot.

She said that I don't need to be in any hurry to give him baby food (MIL and momma are both pushing HARD) especially since he still reflexively tries to push out anything you put in his mouth. She said at this age he's still too young to work the food to the back of his mouth properly and could choke! I'm so glad mom was with me to hear that.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:11 PM   #32  
Losing it!

Cheryl, I started slow with my kids, just giving them a little cereal mixed into their milk by bottle. I always cut the nipple hole just a tiny bit bigger. He will let you know on his own when he needs more food. Jake will seem restless and will want to eat more often. If he is happy, I would say leave well enough alone. I knew a girl that from the third day home from the hospital, her mother was trying to feed the baby "people" food!
Old 06-13-2008, 06:27 PM   #33  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Listen to the doctor Cheryl! There's really no need to give a baby any kind solid food until they start getting teeth. I'm glad that Jake is doing so well!

It was a long day here. The girls were here all day. My oldest granddaughter has pneumonia, so required some extra attention. Why is it that when one is sick that everyone else decides that they want to be clingy too? I'm one tired mama tonight!
Old 06-14-2008, 10:06 AM   #34  

Suzy bless your little one. I hope that she recovers soon. Take care of mama too.

Cheryl I am happy to hear that your visit went well. Your little Jake is a smart guy. Even the doctor noticed.

Gayle I have been hearing about the rough weather you are having. I am glad that you are safe. There was a sighting of a tornado a few minles from here yesterday but it didn't touch down. I can't believe that I turned on the heat for a few hours and we are dealing with tornados. There is something that isn't natural about that.

Today we have a weddingto go to. It is at a very fancy hotel. They are friends of Desiree's. It is close to home so we will cab back tonight. I hope that we won't be dodging rain clouds.

Enjoy your day.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:29 AM   #35  
Losing it...again!

The weekend that I have been dreading is here. This is the first Father's Day without my daddy and I'm missing him so much. I know there are several of us here who are missing our father's this weekend and I'm sending hugs to you all and if you are lucky enough to still have your father here with you make sure to give him a big hug tomorrow!
Old 06-14-2008, 06:21 PM   #36  

I hear you Suzy, I hear you. Take care and remember the good times.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:20 AM   #37  
Losing it...again!

It looks like they have changed the forums. It is one click closer, but the forum list is a lot longer now. We are all going to have to post on a regular basis or the Floozies will be lost in the back pages.

Today we are putting a new top on our jeep (the old one has been hanging on by a thread and a prayer) and then going out for a ride and out to dinner. I hope everyone has a great day today!
Old 06-15-2008, 03:33 PM   #38  
Losing it!

FINALLY found you guys after the move! Have a great weekend.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:49 AM   #39  

Had problems finding this thread. I thought it was going to be on the main support forum. Anyway, thank goodness we are still here.

Hope everyone had a nice day yesterday, either remembering dads, celebrating with dads or just being with hubbys.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:15 AM   #40  
Janice

Cheryl - I never did get my photo of Little Jake. I wonder what happened.
The weather here this weekend was beautiful, we had a BBQ for fathers day. I have two ducks living in my swimming pool. I thought when the winter cover came off they would move on, but they love that nice clean pool. I named them Quackerjack and Molly.
I have good and bad days trying to stay on program these days. Being an emotional eater says it all.
Hope everyone had a nice weekend and hugged your dads!
Old 06-16-2008, 08:18 AM   #41  
Losing it...again!

I was thinking about what our "dieting project" should be this week and Janice just gave me an idea. Last week we posted ideas for what we could do instead of stress/emotional eating, so this week let's put it into action! Everytime you do something instead of eating when you are stressed or bored come her and post about and tell us what you did!
Old 06-16-2008, 12:07 PM   #42  

Janice, that would be my fault this time Sorry. You'll get it.....eventually......I promise!
Old 06-16-2008, 11:29 PM   #43  
Losing it!

Pulling up, we were getting lost in the list.

Suzy, great idea!! I am STARVING now, so guess who is on the computer? Looking for support, motivation and a huge zipper to sew to my mouth. LOL!
Old 06-16-2008, 11:57 PM   #44  

I am lost..........I just found you through the section recents posts. I don't know where to find you gals. Help!

Cheryl I didn't get my picture either.....

Janice aww, that is a cute ducky story!

Gayle good to see you came here instead of eating. Sorry I wasn't here for you, but I am the lost sheep.

Shelley I see that you are inundated with kids today. It kept you out of trouble.

Ok hopefully I will be here tomorrow.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:37 AM   #45  

Dee-I saw you got Elton John tickets! I am envious. Where will he be performing?

I am heading to Tampa tomorrow afternoon for Patty's USF orientation and will return Friday afternoon. I won't have access to a computer. Oh, we just ordered Patty a pink Dell laptop for school.
Closed Thread