Old 05-13-2008, 08:40 AM   #16  
Web Nana

Good Morning Magnolias!
I've got a minute to post and have been reading all the other posts. We will see what I remember.

Jean: Yeah School is almost over...how wonderful is that! You will have to have a celebration party when that happens. Hope your summer is all that you want it to be and that mil doesn't impact too much on it.

Maggie: You are back and that is just great. We always have to hear what is going on on the left coast! You seem to lead such a laid back life and that is wonderful...you deserve it.

Susan: I send our deepest sympathies to you on your loss. You are a very strong woman.

Faye: So glad you are progressing to better health. When you see the Dr. I hope he will give you meds that don't produce those awful results. One day at a time is the way to go. You have been through a lot and deserve that Vegas vacation. With that to look forward to you can get through most anything. Good luck!

Nannax: welcome: It is alway good to have another voice in our group. Perserverance (sp) is the name of the game. One step at a time is the best way to achieve your goal.

Now, I am the only one here that doesn't check in every day but I do read more often than I post. I am the oldest in the group and have been retired for 10 years. We have 4 grown children and 9 grandchildren from 24 to 6. This means we are usually quite busy with one thing or another. This month we have a Confirmation for the 16 yr old which has taken up 2 Sundays and 1Saturday what with rehearsals and then the ceremony. We have also had a First Communion last Sunday but were unable to attend as we had a conflict with the Confirmation. Two of the grandkids, 14 yr old cousins, were in a school play on Friday. It was called "Bugsy Malone, Jr." a musical. Cam played one of the gangsters who had to 'shoot' it out with string guns....the kind that shoot long lines of 'string'. The victim just stood there after being 'shot' and someone from the crew came across the stage and carried him off...it was hilarious. Kerrie was in the chorus and did a great job...she is just so tall and beautiful, if I must say so myself. We saw the Friday performance and they had 2 more on Saturday. This is the third and last school musical for them as they will be going on to high school next year.

Our son who lives in NC has announced that they will be on a 2 week vacation to LA to visit his SIL and then off on a trip through the Southwest via Az, Grand Canyon, Death Valley, Las Vegas, Reno, San Francisco and back to LA. They are flying out and then will rent a car. The kids are 12 and 6 so they will really appreciate the trip. I told Nick, 12, that he had to keep a journal so I could 'see' what he saw even if it is only a couple of sentences each night.

Well, Jack is home now so I will be off. Hope you all have a great balance of the week.

Gloria
nanacas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:31 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 210/205/150

Height: 5'2"

Thank you all for the welcome, it is good to have a change to the daily grind and will be nice to just check in and chat with others from time to time. If I don't get an immediate answer that's okay, I'll just know it will be along eventually.
"Gma" - I hope the doctor gives you some good news, maybe he'll leave you off the antibiotic, or at least change it to something less bothersome. You have a very cute grandson there.

I have 2 grandsons- Jake 2 & 3/4 and ALex 1 & 1/2 and a granddaughter - Annie 6 months. I'm very lucky because they live close enough that I can see them and even get to keep them on the weekends if there isn't anything else scheduled. I went with Jake to an appointment today, he was diagnosed with a urinary tract infection last month and so he had to go have an ultrasound of his kidneys and a VCG I think it was called (they put in a catheter, put a liquid with dye in it into his bladder and did xrays to see if it backed up into his kidneys) he was not a happy camper I can guarantee. The xrays looked okay and I know they found both kidneys on the ultrasound but other than that we have to wait for the docs to give us the final report.

Maggie, I'm going to try your soup it sounds really good and if it's only a point per cup I guess I could probably fill up and still not have too many points in me.

Hope you all have a bright day!
NannaX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:23 AM   #18  

Good morning to you all! Good report from the dr and no more meds for now. He said to call him if the fevers come back or I get to feeling worse. I don't have to see him again for 3 weeks. I am now itching like crazy at the surgical sites from a combo of tape and healing. My stoma hole is almost healed up and the incision site is coming along really well he said. I had a good day yesterday and ate all meals with no sick feeling so I hope I am on my way. Still poops me out to walk great distances. I was exhausted by the time I went to the dr and back.

Gloria: Sounds like the grandkids have been busy. Kelly and Tom are taking Thomas to Costa Rica this year on vacation and they are doing the whole jungle experience. Scares me a little, but Americans are well liked there Jack says and he is pretty excited about going out of the country. We are going to just take a mini vacation of a few days to Houston in Sept to see the Cubs play Houston so that should be enjoyable I think. Yes, planning next year is always fun for me.

Nanna: I have two children and two grandchildren. My dd and her dh live here in Memphis with my soon to be 8 year old grandson, Thomas and my son and his wife live in South Bend, IN with my grandson Jackson. I only get to see Jackson 3 times a year or so, but I enjoy every minute of it. I don't see Thomas much either because he has one busy life, Cub Scouts, piano and violin lessons, runs 5K's, does a lot of traveling with his parents, and lots of other things. I just enjoy him when I see him.

I guess I should get up and get me some breakfast. I just paid the bills so we are now "legal" for awhile. I do love being able to pay everything online.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!
Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:45 AM   #19  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Hi!

I haven't posted in...months...years?! A few may remember me...maybe...maybe not. Anyway, here I am again...losing weight again. I'd love to join in again posting here. So much in my life has changed since I've posted here at 3FC.

I think I stopped posting two years ago when I was promoted to a position where I worked that took so much of my time, and quite frankly, so much out of me, that I ended up having to retire after six months into the job. I went through a huge transition during my first year of retirement! Whew! I love retirement now but really second-guessed my decision (not for that promotion but working in general) and went through a whole guilt-trip thing for awhile. I now have three grandchildren (8 years (gd), 4 years (gd), and 1 year (gs)).

Faye, I believe at that time you and I emailed each other once or twice about knitting. I'm still knitting--it has saved my sanity on more than one occasion. I've only been lurking for a few days and if I'm understanding correctly you have been in the hospital. Did you have a colostomy? (re: stoma healing?) If that is too much info, please excuse me. (When I was in my 20's I had to have a temporary colostomy--what an experience!) Are you still knitting? I have now learned how to knit socks!

Susan, I'm sorry about your husband passing away. My prayers go out to you.

Jean, I see that you are still working at the school! Nothing has changed there it seems but look on the bright side--summer is almost here!

Maggie, you have been away for a while also? We last spoke about about 18 months ago and at that time, things really looked bleak for my husband where he works. Even though his plant is still scheduled to close, it's been pushed back another year (June 2010). Who knows--he may still be able to retire from that plant on schedule. Anyway, things don't look so bleak right now--we have prepared ourselves as much as anyone can (paying bills off, looking at alternative jobs, etc.). BTW, right after I spoke with you I found out I had broke my right wrist in two places! From falling down bowling!!

Gloria, glad to "see" you again--hope you remember me!

Nannax3, I'm from Va. Beach. My family and I moved to Delaware over 20 years ago. My parents, fil, and other assorted relatives and friends are still in Va. Beach and Norfolk. In fact, I was supposed to drive down that way yesterday but I've been fighting a sinus infection and did not go. I'm down that way quite frequently especially now that I'm retired. I'm looking forward to the boardwalk art show next month.

Well...I hope everyone is agreeable to me posting. I'd love to get more involved sharing weight-loss tips, recipes, hobbies, etc.

Last edited by GailR; 05-14-2008 at 08:50 AM.
GailR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 01:39 PM   #20  
Thin Within

Arrow Good Morning On Wednesday

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAY MAGNOLIAS

Not much new in this area but we do need to go to town later this day. I need to pick up some items from the art store.

FAYE I am so glad for you that you are now off meds. The healing will progress and you will be back to exact in no time. Your youngest grand baby is a little cutie. I just wanted to hug that little guy in the pictue.

GLORIA You know, Gloria, everytime I see your post that song G~L~O~R~I~A runs across my mind. You are one busy lady ~ keeps you young. I always loved going to those school programs. What fun.

NANAX I certainly do hope that your hubbys tests come out good. Men on the general don't like those envasive type tests. In fact women don't eigher ~ shudder.

GAIL I speak for myself but I am sure all the others that post here are glad to see you once again. It is so nice to have you back. I think of you often and was wondering the other day if Wayne had to change jobs yet. Hopefully he will be able to stay where he is until retirement. OUCH, with that wrist broken. Made it hard to type, I can imagine or do much of anything else. Yes, I was gone about a year from here ~ no phone line here so no internet connection through it. When we found out about Hughes and it's satelite connection we got hooked up. I am fixin' to PM you with my e-mail address. I would like yours and if you could send me an e-mail or PM me yours I would be so very happy. Old friends, they sit on the parkbench like bookends ~ Did I just call us bookends?
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:26 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 210/205/150

Height: 5'2"

Hey everyone! I was going to say good morning but then looked up and realized it's 2:15 already :l where has the day gone?
Gma - I'm really glad you're doing so well, just be sure to pay attention to your body so you don't end up in a relapse, healing takes time. I know what you mean about hte kids being busy, Jake is only 2 &1/2 and my husband and I have had to come up with a calendar to keep up with his dance performances. He and I take a "mommy and me" dance class, we aree doing clogging. We (he) has a show at this weekend and 2 next weekend. He seems bored at class but sure is cute when he has a performance and gets up on the stage.

Maggie - it wasn't my husband having the procedure it was my oldest GS, from what I could tell looking at the xrays, I think things are okay but I'm only a nurse and not a nephrologist or Urologist so I guess I have to wait until the reports are all back to know for sure.

Gail - if you make it down this way maybe we could get together for a cup of coffee, or tea for me.

Some other news about me - so you all can get to know me - I have 2 kids, a son who is 28 and a daughter who is 24. I have been married to the same man for 28 years and hope to have him a while yet, although he frustrates me greatly some days. My husband and I belong to a "camping" club (I put camping in " " because we all have motor homes) and a camping resort and that keeps our weekends not busy with the Gkids pretty full. I am hoping to retire eventually from work so I can spend more time with the Gkids but ANdy says I have to give up some toys if I do and I'm not quite ready for that so I guess I'll keep working - pooh.
NannaX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 06:50 PM   #22  

Good evening, ladies!

Faye, glad you are on the mend and off meds. That's always a good sign.

Jean, thank you so much for the sympathy card. It was nice to be thought of. I hope your computer is working!

Nannax3, I'm not far from you - in Yorktown. Clogging sounds like a lot of fun and great exercise!

Gloria, hope you are having a good day!

Gail, it's great to have you back! Maybe Nannax3 and I could get together with you sometime for lunch or a cup of coffee.

I went to Quilt Guild last night. One of my friends picked me up. And I won a whole lot of fabric for a scrappy quilt.

I haven't been sleeping well, even with medication, and I really am fatigued. But I did make it to Curves tonight and that will help, I'm sure.

Have a good evening and a great day tomorrow.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote