Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 12:57 PM   #31  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

UTGirl - okay, we might have an issue when it comes to schools...but we can be friends otherwise Ha! Go Gators! I'm sorry that you have a horrible memory of someone calling you names regarding your weight in high school. I too have a memory of a male friend (small school, we were all friends) asking about my saddle bags...and when I say asking...I mean yelling it across the hallway.....at that point I was probably 130lbs (and I'm 5'8")...my history was always being in shape, active in life and even anorexic during my first 2 years of high school.....but I went from one extreme to the next (I have quite the addictive personality) and went from my lowest of 108lbs, to probably 160lbs when I graduated high school...that's a lot of weight gain in about 2 years time....ugh.....so anywas, off to college, free gym, work out-aholic...5-6 nights a week, down to probably 140, but very fit and toned.....then comes DBF, he eats like crap, we move off campus, no more gym, just junky eating....well, it's like 6 years later, I gained up to 227 at my highest, joined my local gym a year ago, working out 2 nights a week to start, lost a whole 3lbs, then began my lifestyle change at the end of Sept. 2007 - eating right, incorporating Slim Fast into my life, and visiting 3FC multiple times each day to get hints, tricks, and motivation...I worked hard until Mid-March 2008 when I'd gotten down to 167...then took a bit of a break until just about now (scale finally moved today to 166-yipee!!!)...so needless to say, I don't feel I ever got off track, but just took a break, I maintained since Mid-March swaying between 167-169lbs and continued to work out 5 nights/week....however I did not strictly count my calories as I had been, went out to eat when asked, drank a bit too much a few times, etc....but I promised myself to plan this week out very nicely, and have already managed to get the scale to move because of that.

2Bthin - you are too kind to me!!! I come here for all of your support as well, as I'd not be here if I didn't get it back. I hope you try out the recipe, it is just yummy!!!

Well, scale is down to 166 today - first movement since Mid-March...but I'm actually trying this week....worked out really hard on the elliptical last night - did a full hour instead of my normal 45 minutes - also switched up resistance and incline levels...so that made it more difficult...not sure if that helped with the change in weight finally....but hope to keep it moving over the next few weeks and actually hit my goal in a month or so...but no timelines for me....

Last edited by SunshineRunner; 04-29-2008 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:03 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 275/222/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Bthinagain View Post
Forgot to post that the Wii did make me move quite a bit. I beat my husband in boxing!!! And when I played tennis, I was moving a bit, in fact today my upper arms are a little sore and so is my back!
Sounds funny to say I got my work out from a Wii, but it's something huh?
LOL. The Wii may be a video game system, but it does get you moving. I love the Wii, because you can feel you get a workout from it. So today I ran 2 miles and plan on running 2 later on tonight. I have finals this week, but I am not going to let that be an excuse for not being active. My sister gave me a tae bo DVD and a biggest loser dvd that sparked her 45 lb weight loss so I am also going to try to find time for that. I am going to the beach in July and would like to weigh less than 200 by them. If I keep at it, which I know I will, I know I can do it!
Old 04-30-2008, 08:49 AM   #33  
is baaaad to the bone!

Well...it is definitely official - my 2 months slump of no weight loss seems to be over....still at 166lbs this morning! yay! Can't wait to keep the scale a moving, it's been awhile since I have seen a change, and amazingly, that 1lb makes such a difference in how my tummy feels...it truly feels smaller Did another 60 minutes on the elliptical last night....hoping that will keep me moving down (instead of the normal 45 minutes I was doing).....
Old 04-30-2008, 01:51 PM   #34  
I can do it !!!!

Amanda - congrats on the scale moving finally! I'm not getting on for a while, since I saw that 3 pound gain for no reason.
I am also running low on slim fast. Haven't tried the recipe yet but it's on my list!
UTGirl
what is the biggest loser DVD like?

I just went for a short walk with my 4 yr old...he rode his bike and I walked fast along side him, not much but I'm counting that as exercise. I'm still sore from playing the Wii 2 days ago! Just in my arms and chest really.

When I posted before I was going to try weight watchers, I'm still doing SF for breakfast - which I heard is 4 pts, then I'm going to count pts the rest of the day.
Still praying for 200 by Memorial Day but not holding my breath.
What is ONEderland like ? Is it as fabulous as I remember?????
Old 04-30-2008, 02:13 PM   #35  
is baaaad to the bone!

onederland is absolutely amazing and one of the first best feelings i had on this journey.....followed by no longer being obese...now I'm just 4lbs away from no longer being overweight....i just can't wait!!!
Old 04-30-2008, 06:08 PM   #36  
I can do it !!!!

Shout out to LUCKY - where are you??????????????????????
How is it going? Good week, bad week? Check in with us !!!
Personally my week isn't going to so well, but I'm hangin' in.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:34 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 239/230/163

Height: 5'11"

Congratulations, Amanda on the weight loss. I know that has to be great motivation for you. You are so close to your goal...and you are so far into onderland, that is awesome. I can't wait to join you there! this week hasn't been too bad, especially with AF on her way and the scale still has gone down and i'm just a pound away until i get out the 230s
Old 05-01-2008, 01:50 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 275/222/140

Amanda- yeah the school thing might be an issue. GRRR.JK There is actually a guy from my hometime who played basketball for florida up until he graduated last year (he is actually the cousin of my jerk of an ex- boyfriend). He showed my one of his national champ rings. Grrr. Still a Vol fan though. But since he went there, there were many people I know who actually followed suit and went there too. Your weight loss story so far is very inspirational. Good for you to get that scale moving again! 4 more lbs till you are no longer overweight. I am rooting for you!(even if you are a Gator fan)

2Bthin- 4 year olds can defininitly be a workout. I was playing with my 4 year old niece outside flying kites the other day, and it was not very windy. To get the kite in the air, we had to run across the yard. As soon as we stopped running, it fluttered to the ground, so we kept having to do it over and over again. Then she wanted to race across the yard back and forth, and ring around the rosie in several different versions. When we came in after an hour or so, I was beat. But she said to me, " Aunt Jenny, you wear me out." It made me laugh out loud. The biggest loser DVD I have is very nice. The whole idea of the video is to keep your heart rate at the same level throughout. It is challenging, yet doable. I really liked it, and will continue to work out to it.

I weigh in on Friday. My goal is 212. I did the biggest loser dvd today and jogged 2 miles. Tomorrow I would like to go to a spinning class, a tae bo tape, and jog 2 miles. I have one final tomorrow, but do not have to work, so I do not have an excuse to not do all 3.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:24 AM   #39  
is baaaad to the bone!

Good Morning Ladies - more good news - scale reads 165 this morning!!! I really am back on track! Sweet! I weigh daily to keep track of my weight, I have never been a weekly weigher or have one specific day of the week to count....I actually enjoy watching my body fluctuate and it's really great for me personally because I can practically guess where the scale is going to be depending on what I ate the day before and what exercise I did. I know a lot of people are not good with this...they find it scale obsessive, but honestly, I have never had a problem getting depressed because the scale didn't move...I could always contribute it to something I had or had not done that previous day.

Well, I have today off so hopefully I actually clean the stinking bathrooms in my home ....if you hang around long enough, you will hear me complain of this task quite regularly....yes, I know that nobody loves to do it....but I have the worst tile in the world, and every single hair that drops off my head shows up on it and glares back at me all day long....which is enough to drive me crazy....on a side note, I do keep a relatively clean house at all times, those damn bathrooms just drive me up a wall...when I've been able to stash some money away, I'm ripping that tile out! Grrrrr!

2BThin - why isn't your week going so well? I hope it gets better nonetheless....I hate those kind of weeks...I actually woke up Monday thinking it would be an awful week, but it has actually been quite the opposite.

Overit - you will work hard and keep checking in with us here and you will find your way into onederland in no time...I came here to lose 72lbs, you are here to lose 74lbs, I lost my first 60lbs from end of September 2007 to mid March 2008....YOU CAN DO IT TOO!!! Keep on keepin on!!! That's the best way to get ahead in this game. When you aren't in onederland...it will drive you nuts, but once you get there, your body just feels wonderful and different and you can see the amazing work you have done...I don't know why the 1lb difference between 200 and 199 is such a big deal, but it truly is and was my first milestone moment that I actually shouted from the rooftops...ahhhhhhh....it does feel good and brings a smile to my face even today! Once I hit 199, I recall that I dropped fairly rapidly out of the 190's...basically I was so motivated to not see 200 creep up on the scale that I was running like fire to get away from it!

UTGirl - yes...our little rivalry should be fun - actually, I have a friend who went to UT as well, she went on swimming scholarship and was actually a Scholar Athlete while there....I only know this cause I have seen a photo of her with some shrine they have to scholar athletes....but all in all...GO GATORS!!! How is your week going? What do you eat on plan? I like to hear what others are putting into their mouths daily so that I can come up with some new ideas

Well...still debating cleaning the bathrooms....adios!
~A
Old 05-01-2008, 03:07 PM   #40  
I can do it !!!!

My week isn't going well just because I'd gained that 3 lbs, and looking at my history any time I see something like that I lean toward the "I give up" side, and I don't keep working as hard. My husband tried to tell me not to get on the scale each day. So I'm trying to ignore it until May 31st..almost impossible.
Still working out with the Wii and going on walks with my kids when they ride their bikes. Still depressed about being in the 200's. I will get out of my funk soon I hope.
Meanwhile I'm going to a school function tonight -- with about 400 size 2 moms. That ought to be great for my self esteem huh?
Old 05-01-2008, 05:11 PM   #41  
is baaaad to the bone!

2BThin - use the size 2 mom's as an awful form of motivation - seriously, the do suck - I can't stand those girls when I'm at the gym...the ones that are clearly anorexic and run a gazillion miles on the treadmill at full speed and probably only drink tea and eat a few shreds of lettuce each day...ugh...I do despise them...clearly I'm being a little too judgemental as well In any case, size 2 mom's should be there to motivate you - not that I ever want to be a size 2, and I doubt many of us do....I'll be happy as a (insert funny thing here) once I get to a size 8....bottom line...keep your chin up and keep working at this....find your motivation, within yourself....that is one of the things that has kept me going...me and my desire to feel good about myself again!
Old 05-03-2008, 09:40 AM   #42  
is baaaad to the bone!

Hi Ladies - just checking in with you all to see how everyone is doing. Hope we are all staying on track and eating right and exercising. I did not make it to the gym on Friday night - a rarity, but decided to hang out with some friends...I'll survive - and the scale is still staying at 165 - which is great news that basically means this losing 2lbs this past week was not a fluke! Yay! That is definitely exciting. Somedays I just can't believe I have lost as much weight as I have....the sad part is that I can't believe that I put on that much weight that I actually had to work at losing it - I can't wait to take off the last 10lbs (although I may eventually get down to 145 instead)....it is amazing to feel like I have finally done something good and right for myself - something I haven't felt in a very long time.

Well, I hope y'all have a great weekend!
~Amanda
Old 05-04-2008, 07:36 PM   #43  
I can do it !!!!

Hi Amanda!
I'm glad you really did drop those 2 pounds, you deserve a Friday night off from the gym. I know it must be hard to believe you lost so much, I can't wait until I'm in your shoes.
I also know what you mean about it's hard to believe you ever gained it to begin with. When I was thin (yeah, back in the day...before kids).....anyway, I never understood how anybody got fat. I thought once you gain 10 pounds, can't you tell? Can't you stop it, and diet a few weeks until it's gone? Then 10 turns into 20, and then 30 and so on.
Still not getting on the scale.
This weekend we had lots of rain and a little sunshine. Tried to help our son learn to ride a bike, but I wasn't much help, could only run along side him bent over for a short period of time.
Played the Wii a little more...not sore anymore from it.

As for the size 2's...now my brother in law called - haven't seen him in over a year or longer....he and another brother in law are coming to visit this summer with who?? With their friggin size 2 girlfriends! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

The good thing about how these skinny chicks act -- I know when I drop the weight and they look at me differently and might POSSIBLY include me or invite me to something --- I'll have to decline...because obviously they've judged based on appearance already.

Have a great week everyone!!!
Old 05-05-2008, 07:07 PM   #44  
is baaaad to the bone!

I'm sorry you had such a rough week last week 2BThin - I just really hope that this week is 100X better and you get to kick butt on getting back on track. It's always awful to not be able to do something physically and I really hope that will motivate you to get back on the ball and get your diet going full speed. I know it must be tough with kids around though. I don't have them, but fully realize that their needs come first and foremost....but you will need to plan out some you time for exercise and meal planning or else you will have less time to spend with them in the future.....I hope that doesn't sound harsh... Damn skinny chicks - I'm sorry you have to deal with 2 size 2 girlfriends - I have a bunch of those type of girls around my small home town and they honestly drive me nuts - the "hee hee" is all I picture when I see them - just giggling and leading their perfect lives - okay - I know that was really a bad case of stereotyping and is just not true for the most part, but hey, we don't have a bunch of skinny girls in our forum, so I don't feel that bad being a skinny-basher j/k...a little bit.

Ahhhh....well, I hope to lose just 1 little pound this week...we shall see how that goes...didn't eat real great today - not over my calories, but my lunch seems to be hanging on to me - which drives me nuts....because it was a healthy lunch....but hey, you never know, right...sometimes our bodies do weird things.

Well, off to the gym shortly...have a great week everyone and check back often!
~A
Old 05-06-2008, 01:15 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 239/230/163

Height: 5'11"

Things are going okay here. I'm not going to gripe here about the scale not dropping as fast as I want it to. I feel and notice a difference in my legs and abdominal area.

2Bthin and Amanda, I can totally relate to not believing I allowed myself to put on this much weight to begin with. I was pretty much where I am now when I got pregnant with my first, so I really can't blame it on pregnancy weight. I remember being so upset when I had to find pants at Lane Bryant, why didn't i just stop then and realize what was happening? I am looking at size 2 mom's (or size 10) as inspiration, that is what I want to be some day! Instead of being jealous.

Oh, well, I better run and get something done. Hope everyone has a great and successful week.
Closed Thread