Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2002, 01:41 PM   #31  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hi a quick post from what feels like ****!
On Thursday Ted and I were up all night being sick, so the next day Imissed my anniversary day out. then DH got it. Now Leo has the runs.
AND after a day of not eating and a night of throwing up guess what? The scales didn't move.
More when we are all a bit better.
Gen
Old 03-24-2002, 02:33 AM   #32  

AAAARRGGGGGGGGGGHHH! I have seen the worlds worst nappy!
I feel like I will NEVER be clean again. EEEEWWW.
I should have listened more at school, I could have been a nun by now!
Old 03-24-2002, 09:33 AM   #33  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Well Geneve you can say that you have been up to your eyeballs in you know what. I haven't seen the world's worst nappy but I think I have smelled it!

Things are going okay here. The diet is okay, exercise is good, even the water intake is coming along. I started walking/jogging yesterday. I would walk a few minutes then jog for about a minute then walk again. I'm going to buy a jogging stroller. The stroller I have is too old and rickety to be trying to run with. I realized that I only have 5 months left til I have to go back to work (unless the hubby gets fired from his job which he makes it sound like is going to happen any minute) and I want to lose as much weight as possible and so far I'm not doing very well. I thought if I kicked up my exercise that might help.

How is everyone doing? It's been kind of quiet in here.
Old 03-24-2002, 09:49 AM   #34  
bc

Aw come on Geneve, if you became a nun you would be missing out on other fun things. You could have still been changing diapers.

My following any eating plan has been blown to bits! I either have to recommitt.......or decide to be HUGE forever!

Thinking on this.

Isabelle is now 10 months old and unlike her brothers she gets very board with food. She doesn't want to eat the same food and she wants to eat ANYTHING she sees us eat. Needless to say she is growing up quicker than her brothers in the food department. That child is aquiring sophisticated tastes. I just hope she keeps them I will have to treasure this for when she is four and won't try ANYTHING.

I hope you are all doing well. Coffee(lots of it) and Precor are in my plans.

Barb
Old 03-24-2002, 10:25 AM   #35  

Oh I didn't tell you. i went to see my doctor aboutmy horrible periods and PMT and also plucked up the courage to tell her I really thought I should be losing weight. I know I sounds like someone on deth row saying 'i didn't do it, honest' but I really do try with the healthy eating, i get LOADS of exercise and I have seen people much worse lose weight much faster. She is sending my for thyroid disfunction tests. My grandmother had an underactive thyroid, in the days when they could do little about it, she sat in her chair most of the day with her little daschund on her lap,it was funny she had what I guess you would call a maidservant and she used to ring a little bell and Mrs Petch would come and she would say 'I don't have enough spit to cover a sixpence' which would mean she wanted a cup of tea!!!!!Poor Mrs Petch was about 100 as I remember it and terribly slow herself. My Grandmother was large but apparently consumed nothing but tea and biscuits,although I could be wrong, maybe she and Mrs Petch opened the wine and chocolates once we went home!
Anyway, odd as it may sound I am hoping the thyroid IS a problem as it can now be treated and the weight will of course drop off. It would also explain the periods. On the otherhand, if I can't put it down to health problems then I simply cannot think of what else to do, apart from reconcile myself to being fat...and if I could...save myself all this heartache.
DH ahs taken the kids out. they all hate me and rightly so, i have been a dragon today but I have only had a few hours sleep since wednesday. I feel fine writing this but the minute I see him i want to explode with rage. HHHmmmmm.
Barb I read in yesterdays Times that girls are much smarter than boys (tell me something I didn't know) from birth and that a new born girl is the equivilant of a 6 week old boy. I wouldn't know, only having had the blue flavour ones BUT it did make me broody for a pink one again.DH quoted 'malclom in the Middle' for me where the husband says to his wife in a similar situation 'but we've already got you outnumbered 5 to 1 and you're still winning', which made me laugh.Probaly the only time today!!!!
Both my kids seem to eat anything (bar curry, my favourite) but then they'd have to to survive here, believe me, I'm no chef!
Look at me wittering on. I should be asleep, oh well.
Bye for now, geneve
Old 03-24-2002, 11:38 AM   #36  
bc

Geneve, I have the thyroid dysfunction......and apparently my meds are at the correct level........still the weight isn't dropping off. I wonder if that has anything to do with my offers to eat my kids pepperoni from pizza? Or my insatiable appetite? Lately I have been really HUNGRY but I think that is pms. It should pass. I find the eat everything stage of the month is followed by the hardly eating stage and it all balances out (I think!).

There is some hope for kids. My nine year old loves curry, the spicier the better, however he won't eat the chicken nor the vegetables in the curry. He only wants the sauce soaked up by bread.

You know we were on the fence on a third child for years (6 to be exact) and I really was happy with my two boys. Very happy. We never planned to have another it just kind of happened and she is a wonderful addition so it worked out too.

Amazing how these children can just insert themselves into our lives and although we can look back and remember how it was..... we wouldn't give them up either.

Jen, I am in such admiration about your getting out and walking/jogging. I really do need to get out and do something. Ok that is it I WILL hop on the Precor and do something. After all I have a pile of fitness magazines on it that I can read and reinspire myself with. I hope things go ok with your husband's job. My husband is entertaining thoughts of quiting his job and becoming a construction worker......... Please he has three kids!

barb
Old 03-24-2002, 09:02 PM   #37  
Jen

Geneve - let us know what happens with your thyroid. I've had mine checked every time I have bloodwork done and it is always normal. I still think with all the gym work that you are doing that you are building a lot of muscle and that is why the scale isn't budging. I've given up the scale for now, I think I'm going to weigh in once a month or so that way I'm not driving myself insane by it. DO NOT reconcile yourself to being fat!!!! Even if you never lose all the weight you want to lose you will be a healthier person for exercising and trying to eat better.

Barb - It must be rough trying to fit in exercise with 3 kids. Can you schedule it into your day like you would a doctor's appt? Just say to yourself, okay everyday at 2:15 to 2:45 I am exercising, nobody interrupt me unless the house is on fire.

Take care all.
Old 03-25-2002, 03:01 PM   #38  

Hi everyone,
It's odd making time for yourself and something I could NEVER do, in fact I'm still fairly lousy BUT I do try. Making time to go to the gym is one of the most worthwhile things I have ever done, not just for the physical element, but also because having some time for me makes me feel like I'm worth it (as they say in the commercials). No one has complained because I make sure I tell people I'm going to do it and when, rather than asking if it's OK with everyone else first.
And to be hinest I don't think i could recocile myself to being fat. As I'm sure I said before I'm always shocked when i look in the mirror and see a fat person looking back. I'll probably give myself a heart attack if I don't cahnge it before I see a fat OLD person looking back
Jen, is Tim Hortons still big out there? If I lived that close to endless coffee and doughnuts of that quality I'd be the size of a cow.
Blood test tomorrow, also dentist, and slim fast. There's a day to look forward too!
Hope you both have a great day,
Gen
Old 03-26-2002, 09:08 AM   #39  
Jen

Gen, I live in Hamilton which is the home of Tim Horton's and has the most # of Timmy's in the world. I would safely say that not a week goes by that we don't get something from there. Usually just a snack pack of Timbits (donut holes). I can eat a couple of those and not feel like I have blown my diet. The coffee I don't drink anyway so that isn't a problem.

I know what you mean about being surprised to see a fat person when you look in the mirror.

Bought my jogging stroller yesterday morning but of course today we are going to get a snow storm!! Figures.

Have a nice day everyone.
Old 03-26-2002, 10:20 AM   #40  
bc

I am the one thinking of getting in tune with my fat and accepting it. At least I can try to look good, despite my size. I have had way too many years getting use to this look, and while I am larger than I was before and frustrated by it, I am also not having much luck.

I read an article a neighbor gave me from Prevention magazine. In it they talk about the body blues. Apparently this is different from depression. and according to the article can be combated with three things. Getting natural light, exercise everyday for 20-30 minutes, and vitamins. Since these are things I should be doing anyway I thought I would give them a try.

You know I went to look for a link for this article and I got on on a tangent surfing........... so no link to the article but you can look under http://www.prevention.com/cda/web/1,4435,2824,00.html
Now you too can get caught up surfing.

With coffee in me I feel all things are possible.

Barb
Old 03-26-2002, 10:21 AM   #41  
bc

Oh sure just after I click to send that I find a link!

http://www.prevention.com/cda/featur...4,2647,00.html

Enjoy!

barb
Old 03-26-2002, 01:01 PM   #42  
Jen

There is nothing wrong with wanting to look good. Just because we are overweight doesn't mean we can't have nice clothes and get our hair done etc etc.

Whenever I hear somebody say that they are going to accept that they are fat makes me think that they are going to give up trying to improve their health. I know that is not what you mean. I think that Prevention article hit it right on.
Old 03-29-2002, 04:18 PM   #43  

Hi, I keep thinking I'll post when I have read the body blues thing, then not getting round to it! A fair analogy for the way i spend most of my time!
I can't believe you are having snow storms, it's LOVELY here. I went for a 6 mile walk yesterday (into the next town and back along the sea front) and I have a sunburnt face. Disaster for me as I am covered in freckles...worse every year and the first blast of sun does it. I didn't have my UV on as I didn't expect it.
I'm sure it's getting warmer here, they have planted palm trees on the front and it's looking very mediterranian.
I have a Tim Hortons ceramic mug...I MADE them give it to me instead of selling me one of the plastic ones because of my good custom during my holidays...and guess what? they are made in England!! Good job they don't make the donuts here too.Toujours frais...
Diet right off the rails, it's Easter weeknd and I have PMT. No chocolate is safe. To date only one person has dared buy me an egg BUT they buy them for the baby who obviously isn't going to eat them. I keep trying to tell people jewellery is THE ONLY present but no one is listening.
Oh well, happy holidays to you girls and as easter is here and I'm still not even a warmie I'm going to start a new thread.
Closed Thread