Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 08:03 PM   #151  
Want to be thinner again.

S/C/G: 188/Ticker/130

Height: 5'0

I'm feeling Phat today! lol that's because I have a AF coming in the next week. '

but on the good side is I Did my First YOGA class last night and it was Great
Next I want to try a Class Next !!
Getting a LiftStyle Memebership next week.

Aww Trudy it's funny to you they said to say Stop wearing your jeans in, Like I do now . truly a better way to weight your self !

Will update WI &MM tomorrow !~!
Old 04-09-2008, 12:11 AM   #152  
sandy

S/C/G: 218/204/160

Height: 5' 7" aprox

Hi Ladies!! Welcome to all the newcomers. it is really nice to see so many new people joining the thread. I think it is great that everyone is showing good number but don't forget it not only about the number! Little things like drinking your water or getting in all the veggies are also great successes. So enough of the lecturing....LOL I will be honest you will probably only hear from me once or twice a week at the most as I work on a computer all day at work the last thing I want to do is sit on it at home too!!

I weighed in On Monday and I was down .8 for a total of 8.8. I have been walking my dog and I started back at curve again today. So I am hoping to see some good numbers in the next month.

Popcorn is my savior on the weekend. I crave salt something awful so I will have micro popcorn (I know the salt) but i think it is way better than eating a bag of chips on my own. I actually joined with a friend of mine but she really has not been back since the first week. It is such an awesome program and I find it quite easy to follow most of the time.

I find if I keep it simple then it is not crazy to try and plan everything. Cereal for breakkie and wrap for lunch, or a chicken salad etc..... and my family eats what I eat...I tell them I do not run a restauant!

Regarding the vegetarian diet--my councellor is a vegan as she has food issues (not sure of details yet) and can not eat an animal products I guess she was very ill and almost died and she does the tofu thing pretty much all the time lots of scrambles...she says it fits in nicely so I guess it is possible.

Well ladies have an awesome week and I will try and get back on Friday to catch up with everyone---I am hoping she will measure me this week-I don't know if it is a monthly or a weekly thing getting measured??? anyone know?

Have a good one!!

Sandy
Old 04-09-2008, 07:33 AM   #153  
Gain Control/Release LBS

S/C/G: 338/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

I know that there is no exercise built into the plan. But I have been working on walking, 15 min workout for dumbies, and Richard Simmons. But I have committed to a min 30 min per day. I would love to join a gym. But they don't have child care services when I need them. Oh well just one more yer until my last one is in school full time.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:23 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Smile

Thank you for all the welcomes all!!! I've hit my own little milestone today -- I'm under the "180" mark at 179.4 lb for a total loss of 5 lb since Thursday when I started. Clothes are starting to fit just a little looser. I took the idea of no exercise needed and threw it out the window. I figure that it definately doesn't hurt to put in that 30 min a day so why not? I want to feel good on the inside and that'll just tighten everything up all the faster on the outside. It's an excellent feeling! Got some treadmill action going and Billy Blanks Bootcamp at the moment.
Yesterday was a MAJOR battle of will. Had two meetings that took up the whole day and my goodness food was just getting thrown at me! (Not literally - that would be rude) BUT with all the timbits, bagels, gourmet cookies, full lunches, fruit, and cheese & crackers being in front of me all day I just kept on going back for more water and feeling proud that I wasn't going to buckle under pressure. Did I mention they topped it off with free cocktails after everything was over?! I'm telling ya, it was like a kick in the teeth. LOL
I just made sure I saved my free extra for a 4oz glass of red wine in the hot tub after dinner - and it was absolutely marvelous!

I was wondering about the measurements too -- are they once a week?
Old 04-09-2008, 10:37 AM   #155  
Gain Control/Release LBS

I asked that question yesterday. Apparently they measure every wed at my centre. Don't know if it is different at other locations.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:27 PM   #156  
Gain Control/Release LBS

Ok WI today was awesome! A total of 11.5 lbs gone and with that 8 inches!
Old 04-09-2008, 02:45 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 265/219/200

Height: 6'

Wow you guys are doing great!!!

Its so nice to see all these wonderful losses. I think I might need to add exercise to my day.. THese pounds are just coming off VERY slow.

I weighed in today and I am down 1lb.. I was hoping for 3 this week since my last couple of weeks there was nothing. Anyhoo my 2 month weigh in is tomorrow so maybe I can drop another by then. I was hoping to get to 20lbs by 2 months.

I only get measured once per month and I have to ask to get it done. Not sure about everyone else. I think once a month is ok though since the measurements are very small changes.

Well, hope everyone has a "lots of pounds off week"
Old 04-09-2008, 02:53 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 265/219/200

Height: 6'

Christina - Belly dancing?? Wow.. You are braver than me.. Sounds like fun.

Preppingbride - Good for you for turning down all those yummy treats. Hopefully the scale will treat you for it.

Julia - Your weigh in was wonderful. Keep on doin' what your doin'

Hiya Sandy from Edmonton.. Good to seeya dropping in.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:17 PM   #159  
Gain Control/Release LBS

Trudy a 1 lb loss is great! That is a good reason to paint your toes. And you still have the other 1/2 of the week to drop 1 more! Keep taking your water and watch those labels for sodium. I noticed that the frozen chicken breasts I bought are high in sodium which is why I did not lose much for a bit last week. I never imagined that they would put that much in just to freeze them.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:24 AM   #160  
sandy

S/C/G: 218/204/160

Height: 5' 7" aprox

HI everyone well after saying I won't be on till friday or saturday here I am. I am excited! I wi today and was down 2.0 since monday!!! Wed is measure day (not sure why I have not been done yet but...) 10 1/2 " since March 17.

I found some old films that I had developed from about 3-4 yrs ago and there is one pic of me and omg I look about 5' tall and 5' wide...no one that saw if thought it was me....yup never wearing that outfit EVER EVER again!!

keep up the good work-any loss is a good loss....
Old 04-10-2008, 11:27 AM   #161  

That's a good point about the sodium. I think I'll have to read into my labels just a little bit more. I'm eating all fresh food on the most part so it shouldn't be so bad but I should look at the seasonings that I'm using on chicken and whatnot. And maybe I should switch up my free extra to something other than SmartPop popcorn. *le sigh*

As for measurements, I'm looking forward to see what kind of effects have happened this past week. When the weight loss starts slowing down a bit - which I'm sure it will - then I'd likely be happy to measure maybe once every couple weeks to once a month.

Sehh: Oh ya I've had those moments with pictures. That's where you go to your closet, take that outfit out right now and put it in the goodwill bag. Because it doesn't matter how much weight comes off if you don't feel good in what you're wearing. On another note, 2lb in just 2 days is amazing!
Old 04-10-2008, 11:42 AM   #162  

Oh! I was enlightened yesterday on how to eat certain foods without using a starch serving for them. This may be common knowledge but I suggest that anyone who hasn't tried it yet, give it a go.

Turkey wrap: take a few leaves of iceburg lettuce (or other suitable lettuce) that you believe equate to 1/2 a cup (1/2 serving of veggies), stack them on themselves, put a tsp of mayonnaise (1 fat) in a line, place 3 turkey slices (1/2 protein) on line, roll lettuce up around turkey. I hardly missed the tortilla wrap that I normally use. In fact, I'm doing it again today.
Taco salad: I had skipped the starch at lunch specifically so I could have a taco at night but found that I had 1/2 serving of protein and 1 veggie left so I combined lettuce, tomato, and the left over meat and ate it like a salad. It was great! (btw, I use ground chicken rather than ground beef. by far the best taco maker ever)

Like I said, this may be common knowledge but I thought I'd mention it anyway. I've heard of similar before but never actually tried it until now.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:49 AM   #163  

S/C/G: 339/ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Great job ladies!! At my center we do measurements every Wednesday. So the platoria I am on seems to be working!! we'll see what the scale says when I go weigh in today (they don't open until 10am). I just can't wait to see a one on the scale. I don't think I have been under 200lbs since middle school! Plus once I hit 200lbs that will be 130lbs GONE! can you believe it?!?! I'll let you ladies know how it goes!!!
Old 04-10-2008, 01:33 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 339/ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Guess what ladies?!?!?! The scale said 200lbs!!!! WOO HOO! one more lb until ONDERLAND!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2008, 02:10 PM   #165  

Cool

Congratulations Jenn!!!! That's amazing news! You've done an excellent job!

I raise my glass of water to you!
Closed Thread