Height: 5'9"

Where are we going in April??
Old 03-25-2008, 12:26 PM   #332  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
Sorry to hear about the co-worker. Be careful

Ruth
I'd clean house at my mom's but I would never touch the sewing room. She had her own method of organizing in there.

I'm still a little concerned about my sister's coming down from Missouri tomorrow. There's still a bunch of flood water out there.

I'm home today. Vacation time for me but it will be spent in preparation for my sister. Can't wait to see them. I need to plan a menu and then go grocery shopping.

Have a good day. Everyone stay on plan. I did better yesterday but not 100%.

Last edited by ceejay52; 03-25-2008 at 12:27 PM.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:53 PM   #333  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Suggestion for where to go in April....How about Antigua ? Or Athens ?
Old 03-25-2008, 01:57 PM   #334  
Creating a Healthier Me

Annie - Thanks for your nice compliment. Please don't be jealous of me. Up until my diagnosis of diabetes, I was a total couch potato and SO good at coming up with excuses not to lose weight or exercise. The diabetes just scared me into getting serious. I'm far from having abs, arms, buns or really anything of steel....well, except my resolve. I would say I definitely have a steel resolve/commitment. While I try to achieve perfection each day....(okay, I am guilty of being a perfectionist), I'm happy if I can just achieve progress with the choices I make.

Well, lunch break is over. Had a very yummy vegetarian vegetable soup that our cafeteria made. Mmmmmm.

Hope everyone is having a great afternoon!
Old 03-25-2008, 02:59 PM   #335  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

di
His dad has a machine too. They all would make fun of us that it was star wars zone at our camping site lol.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:44 PM   #336  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Where are we going in April?

Well we could be Active in Arkansas, Alert in Alabama, Afraid in Afghanistan (no perhaps not!) Athens is nice this time of year or maybe we could tip toe through the tulips in Amsterdam. Don't really fancy changing one tropical island for another just yet.

This is just a quick pop in before I go off to the gym. I'm going early because I have much to do today in the house. Doesn't open for another 30 odd minutes. Gym I mean, not the housework.

Happy - sorry to hear you are so busy right now. Don't forget to take a little time out for yourself in the midst of all this hustle and bustle. Can't have our Happy being stressed and screaming. Glad to hear you are still on the road to success and little hiccups along that road don't mean that you have to start over, just that you have to find a way around the hiccup and learn from it. Catch up again soon.

Annie, be careful out there. Muggers come and go everwhere and once they have a taste of success they will return. I hope the lady is okay and recovering well. Also I hope that all of the ill health in the family disappears soon. Good to hear the son is doing well with the knee.

Michelle - Don't forget to sweat is a saying I borrowed from LindaT on the Journals. She is always on about it.

Ceejay - have a wonderful family vacation. It's always good to catch up with close family.

And that for the time being is that. I'd better go and get emotionally prepared to kick 500 calories goodbye on my cardio routine. I need it, must have eaten something very salty yesterday as the weight is well up today. Since it is impossible to put on a kilo overnight, it has to be fluid. Time to go get rid of some of it lurking in the thighs and butt.

I'll be back.

Last edited by Shad; 03-25-2008 at 03:46 PM.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:35 PM   #337  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY RECKON YA BETTER KEEP THE OLD LASSO HANDY IN CASE ONE OF US GETS A BIT FRISKY IN THE SUPERMARKET AISLES!! I LOVED THAT SMILIE!! TOO CUTE. I STILL HAVE E-MAILS TO READ!!!!
AND A CCONFESSION TO MAKE IN A MOMENT TOO!

CARLA~ GLAD HAPPY WAS HERE TO ROPE YOU BACK INTO THE FOLD. IN A MINUTE SHE CAN PUT THE LASSO AROUND MY NECK! ...AS SOON AS I SPILL MY GUTS! SENDING THE "TROTS" FED EX!!! ENJOY!!

CEEJAY~ HAVE A GREAT TIME WITH YOUR SISTER AND I HOPE SHE DIDN'T RUN INTO TOO MANY FLOODING PROBLEMS. IT LOOKS SO AWFUL ON THE TV!!!!!!!!!!

MICHELLE~ ANYTIME YOU FEEL LIKE YOU NEED TO "TALK" ABOUT THE BOOK SEND A PM. WE'RE ALL HERE TO SUPPORT EACH OTHER.

RENNIE~ GLAD TO HEAR YOU GOT AWAY FROM THE MACHINE. HOPE IT STAYS THAT WAY. MY DR WANTED TO SEND ME TO A SLEEP CLINIC IN NYC...I SAID I JUST NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT AND I DID! PROBLEM SOLVED THANK GOD!

SHAD~ NOW I NEED TO RUN SUNDAY TO THE GROUND CHASING AFTER HER? I THINK IT MIGHT BE A TAD EASIER TO WRING A BIRDS NECK!! AND FAR LESS DANGEROUS!!! YOU ARE THE OF MULTI TASKING MY FRIEND!!!

ELLEN~ I HATE LAUNDRY TOO SO WHATCHA SAY WE TOSS IT ALL OUT AND GO SHOPPING!!

ANNIE~ OMG!!!!!!!! THE POOR CO-WORKER
THIS WORLD IS EVER CHANGING AND WITH ALL THE RECESSION GOING ON.,...WE ALL NEED TO BE MORE AWARE OF OUR "SURROUNDINGS". LOTS OF DESPERATE PEOPLE OUT THERE NOW. JUST WISH THEY WOULD TAKE THE MONEY WITHOUT THE VIOLENCE! NOW GO AND MAKE SOME SPANISH RICE WITH THE HAM BITS AND I WILL COME BY FOR LUNCH TOMORROW

I MULTI-TASKED MYSELF TODAY. FOOD SHOPPING, OFFICE, MAINTENANCE AND GOOD DEEDS ALL IN ABOUT 9 HOURS. THAT WAS THE GOOD PART...THE BAD STUFF WAS I ATE ITALIAN BREAD WITH GOBS OF BUTTER ON IT AND WASHED IT DOWN WITH.....YOU GUESSED IT :cofdate; NEED I SAY MORE? TALK ABOUT A TAKING A WIDER ROAD WITH MY "DIET" PLAN. I THINK I WAS TRYING TO GET MY 8 LANE HIGHWAY TO MEET CARLA'S 1/2 WAY IN THE MIDDLE!!!
TONITE WE BETTER ALL READ OUR BOOKS AND CUT THE CRAP NOW I WISH I HAD SOME BUNNY EARS TO EAT AGAIN AND SEE IF I COULD GET RID OF THIS BREAD! GONNA TAKE A LOT OF DULCOLAX TO MOVE THIS LOT OTHER THAN THAT, THE DAY WENT WELL. VERY BUSY BUT GOOD NONETHELESS. EVERYONE SEEMS TO LOOK FOR ME ON TUESDAY NOW....THEY KNOW I COME OUT OF HIDING FOR FOOD SHOPPING.
JEN AND RICHIE ARTE FEELING BETTER BUT WENT TO STAY WITH DAD. HE IS NOT DOING SO WELL. I COULD ALMOST FEEL SORRY FOR HIM BUT I DON'T. BUT I DON'T WANT RICHIE TO EXPERIENCE LOSING BOTH PARENTS IN ONE YEAR I'M NOT SURE I COULD TAKE IT!!!
THE WEATHER IS GLORIOUS AND I SAT WITH SAL FOR AWILE BS'ING. BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE WE COULD DO THAT. I AM SURE I'LL SLEEP WELL TONITE!
WISHING EVERYONE A GREAT NIGHT AND A HAPPY WEDNESDAY TOMORROW....OR IN SHADDIE'S CASE TODAY!!
Old 03-25-2008, 11:45 PM   #338  

Got up this morning with a crashing headache, which I have a feeling was a ju-jube hangover. That'll learn me. It was well into the afternoon (and a couple of nice doses of codeine later) that it finally lifted. AND the weight was a full 2.5 lbs up! Not possible that it was a real increase, but sobering nonetheless. When I get bad headaches, of course, I crave sweets, but fortunately didn't have time to drop in for to pick up a few more of those sale-priced Easter goodies. And I had very carefully emptied the remaining jujubes (it was a very, very large bag...) into some used kitty litter, so they were too grotty even for this sweet tooth.

It's been a long day, woke up early and groggy, raced around, and then spent a total of 10 hours in transit to get to Victoria where it's considerably warmer than at home and the grass is already green... So once again, no personals, I'm just too beat. And tomorrow will be a demanding day at work - yoi'd think my showing up would be enough, but no, they actually expect me to perform. The nerve! At least I'll have a nice 3 days with no chance to weigh in...

Anyway, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 03-25-2008, 11:47 PM   #339  

By the way, I like the idea of Athens, it's a grat city and will have wonderful weather right now. How about Worldly Chicks Adamantly Abstaining in Athens?
Old 03-25-2008, 11:50 PM   #340  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Melody
I knew I had to lose weight but that wasn't much of an option at first. It got so bad I wasn't asleep but a few min and I would stop breathing. The machine was really a life saver. One has to breath lol. I am so glad to be rid of it.

Carla
So sorry about the headache. Sometimes nothing seems to get rid of them. Hope it goes and is gone for good.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:05 AM   #341  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi chicks,

Work is just bleeding the life out of me. Coming home late. Wasting groceries because I get home too late to cook and DH doesn't want to eat anything heavy at 8pm. I do find myself vegging out in front of the tv with little energy to do more than 1 or 2 small tasks on the list. I'm hoping things will calm down by the end of the week but I don't know. Sure don't want to keep this pace up as it is really cramping my style on things here at home that I want/need to get done. My 14 hour days of living for the company are long over with.

DH made a nice supper of scrambled eggs with chopped ham, onions, green peppers. I made some raisin toast to go with it. It was quite tasty. I let him eat the cranberry oatmeal cookies and I had some sliced fresh strawberries with a glob of chocolate Cool Whip. Oh boy was that good. And it's a low point guilt free WW dessert I can enjoy.

DH and I have agreed we are tired of eating ham. However I did find 2 WW recipes that looked decent.

Ham and Cranberry Salad
1/2 cup cooked lean ham chopped finely
1/2 medium apple of your choice - diced up
3 tablespoons canned whole berry cranberry sauce
1 medium chopped scallion (green onion)
4 slices of whole grain/whole meal bread
4 slices of lettuce - romaine, raddicchio

Combine all ingredients except for the bread and lettuce. Put the lettuce on the bread, slap on the ham salad, put the other piece of bread on it and eat. Each sandwich - 5 points.

I would probably do a half sandwich and combine it with a cup of vegetable soup and some fresh fruit and a cup of green tea.

Drink lots of water afterwards as that's probably quite a bit of salt!

There's also a nice ham and vegetable frittata recipe but DH's scrambled eggs, ham and veggies comes close - tho I would add more vegetables like red and orange bell peppers, mushrooms, asparagus, tomatoes and some broccoli if I was doing it for just me. I told him I could see saving some leftovers and wrapping it in a whole wheat tortilla shell for a breakfast wrap too.

On to personals...

Rennie - you must have way better campgrounds in Ohio than we did in Wisconsin and Illinois because all the places I've been too and our tent too - would not accomodate the CPAP machine. Unless of course you have a camper type deal. Glad you are off the machine now. I hear the good fitting masks are quite expensive and of course the insurance doesn't want to cover them.

Carla - I haven't seen Ju-jubes in years. Eating them would probably cost me $900 per tooth now because I just HAD to bite down on the darn things really hard and then see how long it took to pull my mouth open. I'm sure I'd do that again if I had the little suckers around. Now don't you go trying that LOVED the idea of mixing the leftovers in the kitty litter. What did kitty think of it? I am jealous you are in Victoria. It's so pretty there. Even if it is still kind of cold now. I'm sorry you're not feeling well, I hear there are no chocolate bunnies in BC so you will be safe

Mel - we just have to put our heads together and find something for you that will substitute for the coffee. DH used to drink something call Postum - probably better known as Yuckum if you was really wanting coffee I could not save you from the Italian Bread other than to race you to the loaf and scarf it down before you got another piece Consider this - you had your treat, now get back on the high road with us.

Shad - thank you. I don't understand why it's so crazy at work - my life usually parallels yours. Are you working a job and not telling us? Don't care where we go in April. It's a special month for you so pick a place you'd like to travel to. We will rename it with an A if we have to Good job at the gym.

Ceejay - are you off the entire week? When is your sister coming?

Michelle - you are doing so well on program, I'm very proud of you. It's a bummer with the diabetes but you can minimize the issues if one takes it seriously as you do. Keep up the good work - you are an inspiration!

Annie - that is scary about the co-worker. I agree with you about being watchful all the time and with Mel about the dirty rotten who aren't happy just enough to take your money but they have to hurt you too. They even warn us out here not to yell at people on the road because someone might shoot you or ram your car. The world is getting very scary.

Ellen - the potato salad is yours for the having. What kind of blanket are you knitting?

Shad - please send me a pic of the orchids too. And remind me not to put dill on your salmon when we grill it up. No dill, no pineapple, was it no cucumbers either?

Ruth - I do personals because I believe in them, even if it does keep me up too late at night Hope the knee is doing well.

Hello - Shaker, Painter, Holly. I'm off to sleep - going to be another busy one tomorrow. 'night all.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:29 AM   #342  
Happy September

CARLA~ SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE HEADACHE AND CODEINE STUPOR. I KNOW THE NEXT DAY'S FEELING WELL. BUT IT DOES GIVE ONE A FEELING LIKE WHO TF CARES HAPPY VACATION FROM THE SCALE!! HOPE THE JOB GOES WELL!

RENNIE~IF I LOSE ANOTHER POUND...ONE OF THOSE PEEPS ARE MINE!! NICE TICKER!!!

HAPPY~ SCREW THE COMPANY AND TELL THEM YOU NEED TO TAKE VACATION TIME!! THAT'LL LARN 'EM FOR TAKIN' EDVANTAGE OF OUR LIL GAL!
THE FRITATTA SOUNDED DELISH. NEVER THOUGHT OF USING LEFTOVER HAM. JEN ALWAYS MADE SPANISH RICE. I LOOKED FOR THE RECIPE YESTERDAY BUT IT'S GONE TO THAT BLACK HOLE SHE CALLS AN APARTMENT

BTW...HAPPY, YOU AND I FEEL THE SAME WAY ABOUT PERSONALS. IT'S THE BACKBONE OF OUR FRIENDSHIPS AND THE GLUE THAT HOLDS THE CHICKS TOGETHER.
IF I WANTED TO JOURNAL OR READ SOMEONE'S JOURNAL I WOULD HAVE STAYED IN THE JOURNAL SECTION. AFTER AWHILE, I FELT IT WAS JUST BECOMING A DUMPING GROUND FOR THE "ME, ME ME" STUFF.
IT'S ALL ABOUT WOMEN TAKING THE TIME OUT OF A BUSY DAY TO SUPPORT EACH OTHER.

I AM TAKING A BREAK TODAY AND WILL HELP OUT TOMORROW. THE BOSS IS ON A CRUISE AND WON'T BE BACK TILL MONDAY. WE HAVE TO OPPOSITE PROBLEMS THAT HAPPY HAS AT HER JOB....HERE NO ONE IS WILLING TO OR DOES ANY WORK !!
SOME RAINY DAYS AHEAD...I BETTER FIND STUFF TO DO. I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF MAKING CLEANING EASIER NOW. A FRIEND SHARED SOME PICS OF HIS APARTMENT AND I LOOOOVED HOW SIMPLE IT WAS. HE HAS A PLACE FOR EVERYTHING!! SUCH A NEATNIK HE IS!! WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE JUST LIKE HIM!!
HAPPY WEDNESDAY EVERYONE!!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 03-26-2008 at 08:31 AM.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:59 AM   #343  
Creating a Healthier Me

Good morning ladies -

DH and I went for a nice walk last night. Because of his knee, DH can't walk very far or fast so we took a short route at his pace and then he stopped off at home and I walked for a bit longer. It was about 48 - which felt a bit chilly because of the wind - but not too bad. We're supposed to get 1 to 3" of snow tomorrow - which is much better than the 6 to 7" they were originally predicting.

Mel - Thanks for the suggestion about PMing. I hope I didn't make anyone mad by my long posts. Good for you for losing weight so you didn't have to go to the sleep clinic!! Sounds like you did a great job multi-tasking yesterday. And although you slipped onto the wider road, I'm sure you'll be back on the narrow road today. It is rough losing both parents in one year. My dad passed in October 2003, my mom passed on January 2004 and my good friend passed in August 2004. That year totally sucked for me. I hope for Richie's sake that dad's health improves. When I grow up I want to be just like your friend too! I'd love to have a clean, organized home. I'm working on it but it takes so long! Just like the weight...the clutter didn't happen overnight, it won't be gone overnight. I wish I had a magic wand or a or a right about now. So many things I could fix!

Carla - Hope you're having a better day today! I really like Worldly Chicks Adamantly Abstaining in Athens!

Happy - So sorry that the work hours are so rough. I had hoped you left the long hours behind in Chicago, but it looks like they followed you. I totally understand what you are feeling...as my work hours/life was very similar when I was in IT. The team I was on didn't understand work life balance....so I found a new team. And working 40 to 45 hours per week is SO wonderful! Good luck on getting things back in balance. I know it's rough. Sounds like you had a very nice healthy dinner anyway. Yay! The Ham and Cranberry Salad recipe sounds really, really yummy! Thank you so much for the nice compliment. I should be thanking you and the rest of the Worldlies. Knowing you ladies are here to support and encourage me really helps me stay on track! Thank you all so much!!

BTW Happy and Mel, I totally agree with you about personals. And I really do apologize if my posts are too long.

A big hello, thank you and to Shad, Ruth, Ellen, Ceejay, Shaker, Rennie, Annie, Painter, Holly and anyone else I may have missed.

Wishing us all a great rest of the day!

Big hugs to all,
Old 03-26-2008, 09:06 AM   #344  

Good Morning Everyone, So the 100 day book some of you are reading do you like it? Is it helpful to have some concepts placed in front you for the day the week to attain? I was just wondering since I have seen it mentioned here a time or two.
I can actually see some of my yard today. The sun is helping but the cold wind is keeping me from my walking at night afterwork..... it is almost better to walk when it is just cold but no wind.
I am looking forward to some company this week...will see if it turns out to be a positive visit..... my oldest son and his girlfriend and her little girl are coming to stay for a few days.
May I just say that I do admire all of you for being so good about posting personal replies for everyone.... and I agree with Mel that this is a very safe and comforting place to come and share and to learn more about each other.
My intention would never be to hurt or offend anyone on this site by not posting many personals........ I do hope that isn't a problem. I have been on this journey for a while on this thread and enjoy it very much.
Hope all is well with everyone,
Blessings & Peace,
Nae
Old 03-26-2008, 09:12 AM   #345  
Happy September

MICHELLE...WHY WOULD YOU THINK YOUR POSTS ARE TOO LONG OR ANYONE WOULD BE OFFENDED?!?! THERE IS NO SIZE LIMIT HERE. SOME DAYS ARE MUCH MORE "CHATTIER" THAN OTHERS. PLEASE...NO APOLOGIES NEEDED HERE IN THE CHICK WORLD. BESIDES, DON'T YOU KNOW LOVE IS NEVER HAVING TO SAY YOU'RE SORRY! MAYBE YOU MISUNDERSTOOD MY THOUGHTS OF THE PM? I JUST MEANT IF YOU WANTED OR NEEDED TO BE MORE PERSONAL OR IN DEPTH ABOUT THE BOOK. SOME OF US USE E-MAILS AND PM'S FOR THINGS LIKE THAT BUT TALKING HERE IS FINE. I MYSELF AM A RATHER OPEN PERSON AND GENERALLY SPILL IT OUT HERE FOR THE WORLD TO SEE I AM GLAD WE ARE GETTING OUT OF THE "SUPPORT" OART OF THE BOOK NOW. I REALLY DON'T HAVE AN ATHOME SUPPORT THING GOING ON HERE....JUST MY DAUGHTER REALLY. SO I WILL BE GLAD WHEN WE HIT THE NEXT 10 DAYS! CAN YOU BELIEVE HOW THE TIME WILL FLY???

CARLA....CAME BACK HERE TO SAY I AM STILL LAUGHING ABOUT ABSTAINING IN ATHENS! DOES THAT MEAN WE HAVE TO LEAVE IGOR BEHIND?????
Closed Thread