Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 08:06 AM   #76  

ok - four days - but each one a tad less stellar. Must try to tighten it up a bit today. Did a little yard work yesterday again - stressing little. No walk though so that sounds good for today - between expected raindrops. But fairly warm again - will drop tomorrow.

Waiting for decision from DD about whether I go to Princessville today - would return after watching P. 11s Irish Dance troup march in a St. Pat's Parade.

One BIL to be discharged from hospital today - other went into ER last night again and I'm waiting for word. Sis got her staples out yesterday - family discount anywhere? And I feel like "communication central" - which is ok because that's always been my role and I'd been given a lot of slack since to much of the communication for a while had been about me or my family.

OK, Winsome Women of Willowy Wealth and Wisdom - IT'S FRIDAY! A gala long weekend of mirth and merriment to ye.

kat, hope your first week went well. Phew!
Old 03-14-2008, 08:32 AM   #77  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Morning! I am off for a supply shift, so this is short and well, short.

Congrats on the days in a row Anagram...some are 'way better than none.

Hi and bye !

Be back later..........
Old 03-14-2008, 10:22 AM   #78  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Fly-by I've got to get some work done and then I've got a ghost story interview at lunch. Hope to get back in later for a good visit! Happy Friday, y'all!
Old 03-15-2008, 12:04 AM   #79  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Spring Break!

Really quick check in...it is Spring Break, so the girls and I are home for an entire week! Wahoo! We also have our very first real house guest, one of my sisters, so we'll be entertaining her until Monday afternoon. I am so happy she is here; I've been missing my family desperately. Of course, entertaining means I'll be more scarce here than usual on the weekends. Just wanted you all to know I hadn't fallen off the face of the earth, plus, I figured checking in might keep me a lot more mindful about my eating as we are out and about. Thank goodness my size 6 sister is working on quitting smoking, so she is also watching what she eats.
Got to get some sleep. 4:30 a.m. was a long time ago.
Have a great weekend!

Andria
Old 03-15-2008, 07:58 AM   #80  
the sword bearer

Thumbs up

Wow! That week flew by! I'm not scheduled to work but I could get a call....so I need to be quick and get off line!

Didn't manage a walk yesterday, and I had at least 3 beers....so I should go for a long one to wear some of that off. I did shovel ditches so they'll run today, so I did get rid of some of it!

Plans for the day...eat properly, walk, get the dogs out, do some grooming, and then we have a block St Patty's Day party tonight!

Maybe I'll even do a bit of tidying!

Old 03-15-2008, 12:07 PM   #81  
wsw

still sticking with the dainty portions, which i am pleased about. also staying consistent with exercise. hope everyone has a good weekend. take care, all.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:01 AM   #82  
a work in progress...

Talking I survived!

Wow...what a busy week it was! This is my first chance to actually sit down at the computer....read up on what I've been missing...and reply!

My new job is going quite well. The people are all very friendly and welcoming and the job itself hasn't sent me into fits...yet. It's very quiet in my new area, which actually takes some getting used to! They assure me that it's really not quiet, but I don't think too many of them have spent too many Saturday nights working in the ER. I am coding ER charts, so it's fun to see names that I'm familiar with; "frequent fliers" we call them, and it's interesting to go through the process of what's done for each patient without hearing the screaming, cursing, moaning, whathaveyou, that sometimes accompanies the ER visit!

I just read that back and it seems somewhat callous and I mean no disrespect to any patient (well, most patients, anyway) that come to the ER, but you do develop a thick skin after a while, with no small amount of jaded cynicism! We get a LOT of obnoxious drunks and drug addicts it seems, and my sympathies are generally reserved for those who are truly sick and need/want help, not just a place to sleep it off or to score some good pain meds.

See? I told you I was jaded! I AM better off in my quiet cubicle!

Eating well has been pretty easy this week. For the most part. I've been trying to have a bowl of oatmeal in the morning before work, yogurt at my break and a salad with tuna fish at lunch. On the days I haven't had breakfast, I'm RAVENOUS when I get home and eat whatever's not nailed down. Thank goodness I don't keep snacky type things around here or I'd be in serious trouble!

My first two days of work actually began with me getting outside and walking the dog for about 25 minutes before I hit the shower. What a wonderful way to start the day. Then... not sure what, but I seemed to be struggling to get up early enough to do that. Will try again this week. Preparing my outfits and getting my food together ahead of time will help. (kind of pricey to buy lunch each day, but I DO love someone else making my salad for me!)

Sleeping for 6-8 hours in a row has also been an adjustment for this tired ol' hag. I was waking up every two hours, looking at the clock, thanking God I didn't have to get up, and going back to sleep!

I do run into some of my night shift co-workers as I'm hustling in which is nice, but there's no time to chat, as I'm trying to not be late, since I now have to park out in the boondocks! My mini workout, twice a day, is my long walk to and from (from and to?) my car.

I am going to rethink my Sunday a.m. WW meetings. I am not getting up that early if I don't have to anymore! I slept "in" today til 8, my meeting starts at 8:30. Also have to get back on some sort of gym schedule...

ANYWAY...enough about me.

Ceara! So good to see so much of you lately! I think digging ditches more than qualifies as exercise. Can I come to your block party?

wsw...If I had a nickel for every time I uttered these very words:
Quote:
tomorrow is my regular yearly physical. i wish somehow i could lose a ton of weight by tomorrow
I'd be a very rich woman! I'm sure your doc was pleased with your progress though!

Andria...I hope you have a wonderful week off with your sis and the girls! What's on the agenda?

anagram...Looks like a great day for a parade tomorrow! (Sunshine predicted 'round these parts) I love St Paddy's Day parades! Love the bagpipes and the step dancers. Came I come over? After I get home from ceara's party? Oh, that's right. I'm working days now...never mind!

Arabella...I love the feeling of a fresh day with no mistakes in it...yet! Must strive to keep today just that! You are a stronger woman that I'm am to resisit the strong magnetic forces of the baklava... I actually had some last night. <hangs head in shame> Hub and I went out for greek food. My intention was to have a wonderful greek salad and a bit of spinach pie. I split the spinach pie appetizer with dh... but ordered a gyro instead of the salad. HOWEVER! I did not finish it. WHICH! compelled me to have the delightful dessert with my oh so wonderful greek coffee. I didn't share. (he got his own dessert) So...about that fresh day? Here I am!

Well, I've rambled on long enough and the sun actually seems to be trying to peek through the grayness, so I'm going to get dressed and get outside for a walk. I might even get a wee bit of yard clean up started...mostly picking up the branches that blew all over the place last week. Whatever gets you huffing and puffing, right?

Thanks bunches to all for the good wishes for me and my new job! They really helped!

Here's wishing every one a Happy St Pat's, a wonderful Spring Break, a blessed Holy Week, and a victorious Vernal Equinox! (still a few days left to lose a lb or two before Spring!)

Last edited by katrinabgood; 03-16-2008 at 11:06 AM.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:03 AM   #83  
a work in progress...

Default For anyone who's still awake:

Good grief, that was a long post...
Old 03-16-2008, 01:29 PM   #84  
wsw

hi kat. so glad new job is going well! it certainly is well-deserved!

anagram-did you go to princessville?

andria-have fun with your sister in town!

hi ceara!

greetings arabella!

and hello to kaylets, and all who dwelleth in spring royal palace!

it wasn't until after i got home from my physical that i realized i had lost 8 lbs. since last year--not gained. ---and every tiny bit helps!
i am also making healthier food choices, and also pleased about that.

well, before heavy storms yesterday, i was able to get out for a little while. of course, i did get caught in storm on my way home, and i did look a bit like a skinned rat by the time i got inside, but was glad i was able to enjoy my brief outing before that. well, i hope everyone has a good remainder of their weekend. take care.

Last edited by wsw; 03-16-2008 at 01:31 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:49 PM   #85  

Still running to catch up! I was out walking around the harbour at 9:30 Friday evening to make sure I got my steps in. Yesterday I had choir practice in the morning and then was having my family in for a dinner party in the evening. Afterwards four of us -- sisters -- put on old music and danced all night. Seriously! It was so much fun. I had a bit over 10k steps in at 6 p.m. and almost 19k by 11:30.

Now I've got to get some work done for tomorrow and then hie me out to the airport to pick up DH. Looking forward to a sensible bedtime tonight!

Oh, sorry for the me-me-me-ness. Love ya!
Old 03-17-2008, 08:36 AM   #86  

Thumbs up Fresh Start Monday!

And boy, do I need it! I haven't been way off track, for the most part, but it sure all adds up. Yesterday afternoon found me plunked at the kitchen table eating scads of crackers with spinach dip.

Wheat + fat + salt = TGIFSM I hope I can get below ticker by Thursday But if I don't... well, I'll know why.

Walking's been good. Only one day in a month that I didn't hit my 10k. My average for March should be well above. I'm hoping for 11k average, at least, and then I'm going to aim for 12.5k which is, apparently, considered very active. My feet have been better since I got some arch supports for my no-support boots and have been trying to remember to wear shoes around the house instead of moccasins. I'm going to get myself a pair of Birkies, I think. DH has a pair and they seem to support everything.

WSW, that's great that you had a nice loss since last time! And I so admire you for those dainty portions. I find, when I cut back portions, that I'm usually satisfied -- but it takes a strong woman not to load up. Kudos!

Kat, I don't think you could possibly escape being a little jaded and cynical after working in ER for so long. My BIL used to go out there thinking he was having a heart attack on a regular basis. And seeing people "working the system" for meds or whatever wouldn't help.

Sounds like you're adjusting to your new job. I think it's great that you can sleep anyway -- very hard to shift your schedule, even if it's an improvement.

Anagram, your yard work sounds good (actually, going back to bed sounds good, but in theory...). It's really cold here, not supposed to get up to freezing this week until Friday, when it's supposed to rain. That's the day of our performance Hope my voice is all the way back by then.

Oh, how sweet to see P 11 in the parade. Parades just slay me anyway. I find them almost unbearably touching, all those people out there representing. I'd be in tears for sure!

Qsilver, have a lovely break with your girlies!

Ceara, that's very brave of you to stay off the line so they can call you and make you go to work. I'd be tempted to stay online all day

Happy St. Paddy's Day, all!

Let's make it a good one!

Last edited by Arabella; 03-17-2008 at 08:41 AM.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:48 AM   #87  
wsw

happy st. patrick's day, dear royals!!!
Old 03-17-2008, 11:57 PM   #88  
a work in progress...

Yes, I'm still up...I'm just putting the finishing touches on a couple of cds that I burned for work. I'm going to politely ask the nice guy who has a cd player filled with every bad pop song from the '70s if he minds a few new tunes. I played it safe with the Beatles, thinking that, since he appears to be firmly lodged in the past, they might pass muster. And they don't make me want to put a gun to my head after the 11th time I hear "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" ...as opposed to "The Night Chicago Died."

Other than that, things are going very well. I'm starting to "get it" and the pieces are falling into place.

Must get my beauty rest now. Gym bag is packed, I'm heading over there right after work. I need to get moving again!

Hi and hugs to all...Hope St Patrick was good to everyone!

Old 03-18-2008, 07:45 AM   #89  

Oooh - happy mornin' aft St. Pat's. I had a goodish one - but didn't go to P'ville. As wsw might say - "tech diff" but RA - also sore shoulder from the mite of yard work I was doing. Guess rotator cuff not fully healed yet, after all. Young man to come help Wed but guess when it's scheduled to be raining.

but the leaves are off the tulips, hyacinths, daffs so they are poised to bring Royal Joy. The forced forsythia are blooming merrily in family room and are a delight. Maybe should start a few more sticks so they'll be ready to take over.

Lots, lots, lots of steps there, Arabella. And glad the dancing sisters night worked out so well. DH back already? Good night for an early bedtime

Happy the job is working so well, kat. Hope your CD ploy works.

ceara, me too. I'd be tempted to stay online forwever. Glad you're made of sterner stuff. And it shows in your ticker.

wsw. you drenched rat, you, glad you got out - it does make a difference and so does 8 pounds. Hooray!

Well, plotting day. RA not happy so am being slightly gentle with me lately. We'll be having more rain but hope to get out (at least in the car) for a little bit before it gets bad. But first the usual to be done. Big Deal for the day is taking down my paltry St. Pat's decs and getting out the bunnies. Don't like having to shift so quickly but the calendar dictates.

So, meds, shower, music - here I come. Blithe springlike days are on the way..........

Last edited by anagram; 03-18-2008 at 07:50 AM.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:30 AM   #90  
the sword bearer

Thumbs up

Anagram! I loved those marching bunnies so much that I had to go advanced and load up the icons to do them!

I did work a few hours last Saturday...12:30-5. Someone was sick...so I picked up 8 extra hours for the week....over the week that is.

This week-end is Easter...amazing. We are having rain the next couple days and then it is supposed to be nice for the week-end. Yeah! I will be in doors most of the time...it is our local show and I work it.

So things are plugging along. I have to look for a new team in the far away land....the one I went over to has migrated again and it is lonely in that palace. Not that I'm here because of that only...I do like this palace. I don't like the slowness of dial-up and have to make choices all the time!

So I must be off and get the dogs out between raindrops. I am feeling more inspired to do some yard work after reading about those gardens in PA, but until the snowbanks melt I am restricted.

Closed Thread