Old 03-12-2008, 09:25 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

T- wouldn' it be fun if we were all pregnant together!! Then we could have a thread about that!1 and get those cute tickers that show how bi gthe baby is!! I can't wait! BTW did you little boy have his b-day? I was in the cake decorating store ysterday and I saw all kinds of animal things and it reminded me of him!

That is starange abotu the weight gain after TOM but truthfully anything can happen with TOM. Have you noticed this more than once? The only thing I can suggest is drinking more water and watching you salt intake or if you are up to it you can try my leek detox?

I'm also curious to see how fat smash is going to affect TOM. I'll keep you posted!

Fat smash is basically a 4 phase diet. Phase 1 is detox you eat veggies, fruit, brown rie oameal and yogurt and soy products. phase 2 you add meat and cereal and then phase 3 desserts yum!1 and phase 4 is basically everything in moderation!
Phase 1 is amazing it lasts 9 days and ppl lose a tonne. I have been losing about 1lb a day! I personally think everyoen shoudl try it at least when you plateu or if you just eed motivation! It has really helped me!! At first I was only going to do phase 1 to shake my body up cause I was stuck going up and down between 199 and 201 and now that I have been doing it I am planning to do the next phase 2.

How is Atkins going?
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 05:24 PM   #107  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

Hmmm I don't know how you would not gain any weight at all. The baby weighs 5-9 pounds and then the water...is at least 15 pounds. I would think you would have to lose something in the beginning not to gain anything.

How much different is brown rice from the white? I don't like oatmeal wet. I can eat it dry on cookies or other baked stuff. It reminds me of throw up ... every since my daughter was little and I've had to clean it up burf I just can't eat it. Isn't that weird? I like the flavor just not the texture.

It's so hard for me to do other diets because there is so much i don't like. I've thought about doing atkins for a week or two thats about as far as i can take it and when i stop losing weight. Then I thought do my own thing and eat everything but sugar. Meats fruits and all veggies ...thats low carb right?
Losing4another is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 06:13 PM   #108  

I don't get the not gaining thing either but I read alot about it on the internet! I'll see when I get there but ideally I'd like to lose!! you know like those skinny girls! A girl at my work weighed about 115lbs b4 getting pregnant and she went down to like 103 in her first trimester and I don';t think she ever made it back up!! That would NEVER happen to me! Did I mention she was like 5'9!!!

Brown rice is more oatmeally, that is the best way I can describe it. It has the whole healthy multigrain texture & taste going on if you know what I mean. You could never fool anyone!! Unlike whole wheat pasta if you cover it with enough sauce and cheese you can barely tell the differenc...brown rice is not like that but it is not bad. I may actually switch over permanently especially since it is the same price unlike the wholewheat pasta which is usually expensive!!

You don't have to eat the oatmeal wet you can eat it anyway you like. In fact I made oatmeal cookies and had those a few times and you are allowed a cup a day which made about 8 cookies!! I didn't eat them all in one day even! I also made brown rice pudding it was pretty good. You can have splenda so you can make anything taste good with that!! If you like some veggies you can do this. I pretty much eat the same stuff all the time. I'm having sweet potato fries again!! I love them I could eat them daily! I also have smoothies almost every day. Also you could just do the 9 day detox and then go back to WW or try atkins or whatever. 9 days isn't that long and most people lose between 5-10 lbs so it is worth it!! I'm averaging a pound a day!

I was also doing my own thing before like what you are describing but technically it is not low carb because if you eat fruits and veggies with sugar they are high carb foods. But I lost the first 18-20 pounds that way.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:30 PM   #109  
Day 1 back on plan...

Well lucky her I hate skinny people anyway My sister in law was really thin ..actually under weight. She was home from boot camp before going back for some other training and found out she was pregnant. So not only was she skinny but she was fit too. She still gained a lot of weight. I guess it just depends on the person. If they don't have a problem with weigh before pregnancy they probably will not have it afterward.

I decided to do my own thing .....Just going to cut out the sugar. No candy! I've been living off of those 100 calorie packs and I know thats the problem. I just want to snack all day. So I'm going back to fruits and veggies...meats too. I had a smoothie this morning and it kept me fuller than those cereal bars do.
I have to get back to making dinner. A lean roast and veggies
Old 03-13-2008, 07:33 PM   #110  

Well here's hoping that we will all get pregnant and gain minimally and then lose it in the first 6 weeks post partum!!

So does that mean you aren't doing WW anymore?

smoothies are great ..what did you put in yours?

Maybe you coudl limit yourself to 1 100 calorie pack a day? I've never tried them because I'm afraid I won't stop at one pack!
Old 03-14-2008, 06:27 AM   #111  

You guys are soo funny!!!!!
I am not doing atkins and have switched to WW again. I missed fruit and veggies...
Fat smash sounds hard, can you dip the veggies at all? how did you make cookies, a regular oatmeal cookie recipe? with raisins?
Sounds like your friend at work was borderlline healthy, how big was her baby?
Those 100 calorie packs are great, I actually really like the 90 calorie packs of mini chocolate drizzle rice cakes.
Spencers b-day party is next month, I have ordered the cake and its a little people farm cake, with actual toys on it. Its very cute!!! I set the date for his party before i knew the date of the march of dimes walk here and its the same day, so I have to fit in the walk in the late morning and then scramble to get ready for the party!!!!!
I have no idea what the scale says today, am trying to avoid it. I hope I make goal, but it doesnt look good.
have a great day you 2 I will try to kick dh off the pc later and check in...
Tara
bgbrwnys101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 06:50 AM   #112  

T good luck with WW. I hear you about the fruit and veggies. It's hard to be without any food group for a long time!

Fat Smash sounds harder than it is!! You can have yogurt and any spices so you coudl make a dip out of yogurt ..also keep in mind this is only for 9 days!! Also you can use olive il. I don't like salads but you can have salad dressing also. I mostly have grilled veggies with EVOO and various spices.

The cookies are made with oats. egg whites splenda and cut up banana or you coudl use another fruit bot not raisins cause dried fruit is not allowed. They tasted pretty good. And the recipe was for 1 cup of oats whish is your allotment for the day and it made 8-10 cookies.

Good luck with the party keep us posted!! My husbands' b-day is today and I made a huge cake and I"m not having any until I hit 194 lbs or finish p1 of Fat smash.

Good luck with your goal!
Old 03-14-2008, 09:00 AM   #113  
Day 1 back on plan...

Sounds like a plan We just have to keep moving and eating right in pregnancy. I'm not to worried about gaining weight after I'm pregnant it's the before I'm fighting with
No I'm not going to stop the WW meetings. They keep me somewhat honest. Knowing I have to weigh in in front of someone keeps me from totally going off the deep end and stopping any diet. I just want to get the sugar/ white flour out of my diet for a while....then I will go back to counting points. I'm Only cutting out sugar, bread and pasta. Trying to keep the sugar out as long as I can. I still have tons of those calorie packs all sugar (cookies, candy and cereal bars). My husband will eat them when his own snacks are gone probably this weekend. Hmmm I think it was just a weekend or so ago I was yelling at him for eating a whole box of them. Now I'm hoping he will hurry up and do it
In yesterday's smoothie I put frozen berries, yogurt (I don't always add this) milk 2% and a chocolate smoothie mix that weight watchers sells. When I don't have that I add pudding and jello mixes....sometimes I use V8 fruit juice instead of milk. What about you.... what do you put in yours? I would ask you what kind of cake you made for your dh's birthday but then again never mind I don't want to know It will only make me want cake and I'm only on day 2 of being sugar free
Old 03-14-2008, 03:43 PM   #114  

Will you eat wholewheat bread and pasta or none at all? I know what you mean I hate when DH eats something that I have bought for my diet specifically and then leaves something else behind that I can't have!!

Wow your smoothie sounds so exotic!! mine are pretty boring!!
I either have strawberry banana which is strawberry banana soy milk, strawberry banana yogurt and some fresh strawberries and a banana.

I have chocolate with chocolate almond milk and vanilla yogurt

or chocolate soy milk or almond milk with a banana. Thats about it. Last week I made one with vanilla almond milk mango, strawberries and pears.

I could never be sugar free!! I mean I guess technically I have been for the past 8 days but I also have 3 cookies in the frezer waiting to be eaten!! I also had a bite of DH's cake. I won't say anymore about it!
Old 03-15-2008, 09:27 AM   #115  

B you are selling me on the fat smash diet, can you get me the recipe for the cookies? And can you eat any yogurt or does it have to be plain, I hate plain...
WW is going pretty well, I woke up hungry last night and so I made up a Slim Fast shake and had that, better than a sandwich!!!
Lorra, you are the queen of the smoothie that sounds yummy!!!!
Great day you two!!
Tara
Old 03-16-2008, 07:12 AM   #116  

212 this am, back on carbs, so probably not meeting my 207 goal for tomorrow!!!I am plateaued and frustrated, help!!!!
tara
Old 03-16-2008, 07:19 AM   #117  

T try the fat smash...I'm not trying to be pushy but if you are stuck anyway you may as well try it. Just commit yourself to the 9 days and then at the end do whatever you want!! I just finished the 9 days and lost 7 lbs. Now 2 of those I think were water and I am retaining again. TOM came on Friday!! Normally I go up the week before but with FS I didn't!

go check out the Fat smash section of this board and in the sub section there are recipes and you will find the oatmeal recipe there. Also it will give you a better idea of what you can eat.

You can eat any yogurt it should be low fat though.

I am so happy with Fat smash that I am continuing with it. Originally my plan was only to do the detox and then go back to doing my own thing but now that I have lost all this weight I feel great and am going to continue on to phase 2.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:03 AM   #118  

OK, So for the first 9 days I can eat fruit, veggies, yogurt, brown rice, egg whites, veggie burgers, plain popcorn all unlimited?
salad (with fat free dressing?), and oatmeal? Aslo 2 cups of tea (decaf) a day with minimal sweetener, 2 pickles, ICBINButter spray (minimally)forget the soy, I hate that stuff...
But theres a calorie limit? 1300 calories?
I looked on the fs board yesterday, also made the cookies, they were not bad, would love to put raisins in them, though...
How far off track am I?
Tara
Old 03-16-2008, 04:58 PM   #119  

fruits and veggies are unlimited no white potatoes and no avacado! , yogurt is 2 6 oz cups a day. brown rice 2 cups a day. You shoudl try to have good protein from beans , lentils tofu etc. 2 cups milk oatmeal 1 cup, 4 egg whites,

Also you must exercise 30 min a day 5 x a week. Don't bother doing more (IMHO) because with each phase you increase by 10 and then 25 %. There is no calorie limit.

you are not supposed to have any dried fruit but truthfully I doubt a handful of raisins is going to kill you!

So are you fat smashing? Can we call this your official day 1?

I feel a bit like how Christian missionaries must feel when they convince someone to accept Jesus!! I'm so excited!! I love Fat smash!!
Old 03-17-2008, 06:07 AM   #120  

B no, not yet, I had just shopped for ww stuff and wont shop again for a couple of days. I am thinking of starting this weekend. So you can do baked beans? How do you prepare them? No salt pork...
I hate the scale, I gained a pound. Am now 6 pounds off todays goal....RRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH
Lorra, where are you???
Tara