Old 02-12-2008, 06:59 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

L- are you sure you don't want to go to your meeting today? Even if you are up a bit then you can get bck on track and go every wednesday so you can see your pals!

I added a few new goals. I joined the summer challenge and tried to make these goals very attainable! I am still trying for my v-day goal I'm down to about 203 so I woudl need to lose more than a lb a day oh dear! I guess I'm not going to make it!

T= I"m sorry you hate your new job but what do they have you doing exactly? How is it different from the last place?

That is a great deal on the aquadoodle! I am also a clearance shopper!! I have a coset in my basement filled with toys and stuff that I get on clearance so when b-days come around I just take them out and wrap them up!

I also worked out yesterday I did a post natal video but it was more strength training than cardio. Today I'm going back to Kathy smith's fatburning workout.

I'm up for making doing some mini goals together! T do any of my dates work for you? If so maybe we could make a mini goal for april 19th?
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:24 AM   #32  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

T~ that sucks sorry to hear that Are you going to stick it out to see if it gets better? What about Diego for the theme? That is pretty easy to find just about anywhere. My three year old nephew loves him...maybe way to much
I'm up for the mini goals too...What were you thinking?

B~ Your really close to making it....maybe you never know. I know I will not make mine. No I can't go when I'm up in weight cause that gives me more room to slack. I need to go in there 235 or less so that next week I will make sure I don't go above that. I've been stuck at 236 each weigh in. Once I hit a 20 pound loss (231) I want to be with my normal meeting. They do little rewards and thats my next one. Maybe if I kick it up I can make my tuesday meeting on the 26th and be at 231 or below. Okay thats my new mini goal 231 by the 26th of this month. That shouldn't be to hard to do if I really put myself into it and stop being a slacker

I love clearance shopping too...only it's hard to do that for my daughter cause shes at the age where she has to be into the NEW thing. Usually way more money than I would like to spend to
Losing4another is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:52 PM   #33  

B- greast goal idea 231 by the end of the month you can for sure do!!

Everyone tells me the preteen years are when they get really picky about clothes and stuff! There is soem chance I may make the v-day goal especially since I really gave myself until friday cause that is my official weigh in day but the chances are slim. Also I went to the dentist today and my mouth is sore and I hardly drank any water. By this time I usually have a 1.5 litre bottle finished and I have barely started it!! Better get drinking!
Old 02-12-2008, 11:30 PM   #34  
Day 1 back on plan...

B~ Well I think your so close goal to the V-day goal I would give yourself a pat on the back even if you don't make it. Yes, preteens are picky. You never know what they just got to have because of this friend or that just can't stop talking about it. I remember back when a barbie doll made her top list of gifts. Shes a good kid though so I can't complain. Shes never in trouble at school and makes good grades...hopefully the teen years will be more of the same This summer she will have her friend from the age of 3 for the entire summer ...then I will probably be doing some complaining....Two 12 year olds all summer long
Did you get the water down? I got my down What do you drink a day?
Dh is going to take me out to dinner this weekend since he will be gone for V-day...he wants me to pick the place...So what do you all think ...my favorite place or one with healthy choices?
Old 02-13-2008, 06:04 AM   #35  

L- is DD's friend coming to "live" with you for the summer?
I did okay on the water I drank more than 2 litres but not quite 3. I aim for 3 litres (12 8 oz glasses) a day. But if I get 2 I am happy. How about you what do you drink?

As for v-day what is your fav place? If therir are no healthy choices at all then i say go somewhere else because int he long run you need a new fav restaurant with better choices.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:14 AM   #36  
Day 1 back on plan...

B~ Are you 202 this morning? Way to go I drink 2 liters or 64 ozs. If i want more I drink more ...and sometimes I do want more. I just don't count after the 64oz.
Yep, This isn't the first time though...DD's friend has came for every summer for the last 2 years this year will be number 3...The kids met when they were three...We were neighbors. When they moved to TN a few years ago we try to make sure they did at least the summer's together.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:15 AM   #37  

wEll ladies, I am still here, work is terrible, but there is a snow day today so YAYAY!!!!! I am waiting it out now, as there is a chance I may get my old slot back soon. If I dont I may start job hunting.
2b2 I love your goals theya re great, but I wnat something closer, like by March 1st I want to be 210lbs. Then I can go from there.
l, I was thinking of something animals, Diego is on the list, I just try to avoid the same as everyone else, so I would need to really mix it up a bit. Maybe do an animal theme and accent with diego rather than all diego, that would actually work with the cake, I always have a hard time getting the cake that goes with the theme!!!
Tara
bgbrwnys101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:26 PM   #38  
Day 1 back on plan...

T~ Sorry about the job...that really sucks. I hope it gets better
When I did the b-day theme i would find the cake then plan the theme around that. I found that works better then finding everything but the cake ...which is the most important part of the party or I think so anyway
You could do 5 pounds by the first. We can do this
Old 02-14-2008, 05:14 AM   #39  

Default Happy Valentines Day Ladies!!!!

You wouold think I would learn that...but here I am and dh voted for the farm animals pack, surely I can find a cake with that theme...
all right that is my first goal
what are yours?
bgbrwnys101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:10 AM   #40  

L- Yup I have been 202 for 2 days!! I'm excited abotu it! I have been working out every day this week and doing my crunches (135)
When you have the friend for the summer do you find it's more work? How do you deal with discipline? What do you do with them all summer? Do they send her with money? How do you deal with that side of things? I'm asking because I was thinking abotu having a friends daughter coem spend the summer with us either this year or next but I"m not sure how to work out all the logistics. Unfortunately I can't afford to financially support another child. Anyways any insight you can offer woudl be appreciated.

T- I'm up for a march 1st challenge!! So I'll say 4 lbs because that seems to be what I can do in a month so I want to be 198 by march 1 st!

What about a jubngle theme like jungle cats opr something cause doesn't diego have a pet that's a cat or something? I have no idea. I don't hve a TV or a son!! So I'm clued out to diego!!
Old 02-14-2008, 09:45 AM   #41  
Day 1 back on plan...

T~ Well if you can't happen to find a cake with the farm amimals you could always buy a cake with green frosting and buy that little pack of farm animals and put those on the cake. Humm I think my goal will be 230 by the 1st.

B~ Good for you getting so close to onederland. You will be there before you know it.
As for having a friend for the summer....It is somewhat more work. You will have another kid in the house so more laundry and food. However the friend and your daughter are going to be stick at the hip for a long time so it's kinda like a 2 for one in that department. Where one is the other isn't far behind. Discipline isn't a problem for me since I have known this friend for a long time and had to discipline her before. I just give her the same rules that my daughter lives by. If she really starts being a pain all I have to say is ...if you don't start behaving we will cut the summmer short and you will go home. That works all the time. That will even have your daughter behaving better when you give her the same speech Her parents never send money with her. But if you can do that it would help. I did bring her to disney world with us one year... that was the only time I had wished she would of had her own money. We don't do that every year...Well maybe if we could afford it We mostly do movies, parks, bowling nothing really pricey. I don't have a problem with them wanting to go out they usually can't wait to get home so they can do what ever kids do for hours in their rooms and in the yard...oh and riding bikes they do that for hours and hours. The first 3 weeks are a breeze really ...kids are stuck to each other like glue. I get more done when shes here during the summer than if shes not. Do you know the child well that will be staying with you? If not.... You will have to spend some time getting to know her. Which could be a good thing with discipline cause shes going to be scared for a while. Food is sometimes an issue. You would be surprised at how different families eat. Things I would think she would like she doesn't ...but if I stick to the basic kid stuff I'm usually okay. Her parents have a very plain diet thats my biggest problem with food. Make rules with the food right away....or you will be buying snacks all the time. I've made that mistake before. Treat her just like you treat your own kids. That will be hard at first but will help in the long run. Try not to baby her and have your daughter tell her what she should be doing....I see that a lot with other parents...... then you have a kid that doesn't respect you. If shes comfy you will be comfy. Maybe a good choice for you would be to not take the child for the entire summer. Try a couple weeks and see what your getting yourself into before going for an entire summer. I know the friend that will be staying with my daughter very well. Shes like my niece...actually most of the time I call her that. I know her better than my blood nieces. I hope I didn't scare you into not letting her stay...Think of it as a long sleepover...have ever you deal with those is what your getting into.... Good luck

Last edited by Losing4another; 02-14-2008 at 09:50 AM.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:18 AM   #42  

l-m thanks for the info. I am not sure what I am going to do the friend is 11 an my daughter is 7 so0 they wouldn't really be playmates. I was more taking her to give my friend a break for the summer. She is going through alot right now and I thought it might help. But the truth is it might bne better for me to take her when she is a bit older because at this age she can't go many places on her own and I don't knwo anyoen her age etc. I'll have to see what is best.

I am having a good day today I found these rice krispie treats that are so yummy. They are 100 cals and made from organic brown rice but actually taste good!! I just finished my workout and am dripping sweat!! I'm going to have portobello mushrooms for lunch again!!
Old 02-14-2008, 08:50 PM   #43  
Day 1 back on plan...

Okay so I ate way to much chocolate today. After having a good day yesterday I was depressed with V-day here and not doing anything. So I went and bought Dd & I some v-day chocolates . We had a little party of our own. It's over though and if I have more they will be counted into my points. I'm scared of what the scale will say tomorrow

I think your DD and the 11 year old should get along fine. Thats only 4 years. I'm sure she is still into to barbies and things like that....somewhat at least. My daughter is 12 and she will play barbies, dolls with her 6 year old cousin. She stays over for sleep overs sometimes too. Dd still likes the disney movies ...Oh yea didn't you say you DIDN'T have a TV??? REALLY??? Hats off to you...I would miss mine. i don't watch it everyday but somedays I like to sit there to just relax in front of the tube Although I'm not sure why we pay for cable when we only watch it a couple times a week. During the summer when DD's friend is here blockbuster is our best friend The girls love to rent scary movies to scare themselves silly. Me to though I will sit there and watch with them sometimes. Maybe offer your friend a couple weeks then if it works out keep her longer. Then your not stuck if it doesn't work out.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:51 AM   #44  

Don't worry Lorra you can get right back on the wagon!!

DH also bought me chocolates but I only had one and plan to for every day for the next 10 days!! Yay! I figure it's like having a 100 calorie pack only way better!

Ya we don't have a tv and I"m glad although it's soemtimes funny that my kids don't know certain things!! Like they know who Dora is because she is everywhere but they can't always remember the name of sesame street characters!! So if we are at the store they might say oh look mom that yellow bird!!! Also when their birthdays come around they don't ask for anything because they aren't exposed to tv ads so they don;t really want anything!! That makes it hard to no what to buy!!

As for my friends daughter I have to talk to her about it again but I think i will wait until next summer because we will be hopefully moving into a bigger house by then. Also the other issue is she is coming from overseas so it isn't so easy.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:53 PM   #45  
Day 1 back on plan...

Ohh yea wayyyy better

Have you two tried the fruit H20 with vitamins? Zero calories/sugar too. I bought some today..I've tried the regular fruit h20 hopefully it's as good.

Wow lucky you. Do you take them to movies? I don't know how I could have got thru the early years without barney and blues clues. They probaly still ask for new dolls, bikes and stuff like that though right? Now that my daughter is older it's her friends she gets all her ideas from...so watch out those years are coming Cell phones, laptops, ipods and video games/systems so it's not cheap anymore either

Yeah thats pretty far away to send her down/over just for a couple weeks. If your not sure about.. do wait until you are. Weve been waiting to buy a bigger house for years if I would have waited for that DD would never have friends over We do plan to do home improvements this year though so were hoping to be able to sell for more when we actually do sell