Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 03:42 PM   #31  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Canadian is a new derogatory slang word for black person
Wow, I'm having a hard time getting my head around that one. Does that mean we need a new name for Canadians?

I am wasting my whole day on the computer, it seems. I keep forgetting what I'm doing, getting distracted by something else. I think I need a lobotomy. So far I have been reading up on the election, enjoying a travel article about Iran, trying to input my food list on Fitday, filling in calendar dates regarding DD's school calendar, looking up balloon bouquets, researching study abroad deadlines and costs and trying to update my defragger program. And I don't mean that's what I've done, I mean that's what I have open now. No wonder I'm confused.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:23 PM   #32  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Happy Valentine's Day!

So where are you all? Making valentines for your honeys?

I took some pictures! of pretty crystallized trees! We are all ice around here. Had a foot of snow the other night, although the top half of it was all sleet. Then it rained and rained on top of it, we lost our power for 12 hours or thereabouts. I don't actually know how long because now we have a generator and I got to have lights, heat, water and even TV! I turned it off when I went to bed, and when DH got up this morning, the lights were on. Now everything is glittery outside. I will put some photos up on facebook and send you the link.

Old 02-14-2008, 03:02 PM   #33  
fatter than U

Talking

Happy Valentine's Day, cowies! Love you all. :

All valentined out. Still no mojo. Tomorrow will be better.

Last edited by SugP; 02-14-2008 at 03:03 PM.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:12 AM   #34  
loves kleenex box art

hi children. I can't get into my email. I am hereish. I am going to get my hair cut but I want it longer and I want the coloring to grow out but I hate the real color and I wish it curled. So I don't know what to do.

Valentine's Day was spent at work selling flowers, candy and cards all day. My fav was the guy who bought a standing rib roast and artichokes. He was making dinner including bernaise sauce for the chokes.

Someone entertain me. All I have to say is b*tchy stuff.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:28 PM   #35  
loves kleenex box art

i AM BACK into my email thanks to ds. During the process, he learned his material gf's middle name.

I am wondering about Shots. Why does she come and go? Well, why does she go? I was in a bad mood yesterday and bought Bailey mint chocolate. Hmmm. And I bought a cork screwer removal thing just in case. I would be in a better mood if people would post.

Sugar should be back any minute. I will sit here and wait.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:52 PM   #36  
fatter than U

Cool

Here I is. Nothing to say. My iPod is acting funny. I though it was broken but then I read the effin' manual and brought it back to life. I think it just has a low battery. Like me.

Another campus shooting. How awful.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:18 PM   #37  
loves kleenex box art

You fixed it by reading the manual? Marvelous. Talk about the following:
1. Fav movie not in English.
2. Last day it rained and what did you do?
3. Where do you think the satellite will land?
Old 02-15-2008, 09:11 PM   #38  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

we just watched " two days in paris" i think it was called---it was a 'relationship' movie----mostly french,dubbed in english----kind of, dorky------the girl who was a photographer, liked taking pics of her lovers with helium balloons tied to their wingdings. i was looking for Parisian Romance----only found thirtysomething party people who were too trendy for me-----the last time it rained,i was here in the house complaining about the rain----freezing rain that has now turned to ice everywhere---- i think the satellite will land in the pacific ocean,and i also think the starwars type of people will blast it if they can,because they can---and just to show off that they can----i have to work tomorrow so i think i will go to bed-----dd number two turns 22 on monday---how did i get this effin old---dd number one will be 24 in may------fly fly fly away time time time-----------------and no i have not been DRINKING!!! see yas tamara!!

Last edited by Bagzz; 02-15-2008 at 09:12 PM.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:11 PM   #39  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
Since I am not paying attention to the satellite, and when it rains here I look out the window and worry about when it will freeze, I am going to answer question #1 three times:
  1. Amelie
  2. A Pain in the *
  3. Ana

Isn't it odd that they all start with A? Everyone should see Amelie, it is such a lovely little quirky movie. The 2nd one is an old French one, slapstick, the reason I like it is that by the end of the movie you can't help saying "Oh my god what a pain in the *" The 3rd one is a Spanish movie I saw decades ago and can't find again. Maybe I remember the title wrong because when I look it up, it doesn't seem to be the one I want to see. It was about a beautiful little dark-eyed child and it was just wonderful and I don't remember anything else.

Can I trade in for that guy with the artichokes? Here's what I got for Valentine's Day:
zip
nada
nothing but a hard time
Old 02-16-2008, 04:08 PM   #40  
fatter than U

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
Talk about the following:

1. None of the movies here are in English. Which one should I choose?
2. Ummm...Tuesday. I put up my umbrella and kept on walking.
3. Germany. Heard it on the news today. Will take pictures if it lands in our back yard.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:00 PM   #41  
loves kleenex box art

Here's what I am mad about today: I lived in this house on this highway for over four years. I have a bad cat who will not use the cat box and who goes outdoors daily. For the First Time in my knowledge, he crossed the damn highway today. When I got home, he came running across the road, not from the neighbors yard like always. He will be killed soon and I feel angry and helpless about it.

Well, are there good movies in Germany? Name one. I dare you.

I think I heard of the one where the person ties helium balloons to wingdings and photographs them. A tad too creative for me.

I had this local customer today throw a tantrum because she hates snowbirds. She was on her way to her boat house, whatever that is, to meet her children who were coming from out-of-town and some snowbird had told her the local economy depends on them. She pointed a finger at my face and said, "Who do you think they build these highrises for?" She went on-and-on and ended by saying that the snowbirds are not even of the quality we used to have as now we get "FACTORY WORKERS." I was very embarrassed just listening to her.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:04 AM   #42  
loves kleenex box art

They were talking about quantum physics this morning and I realized I'm in the wrong universe. I am going to go look for the one with the thin, neat, smart me right now.

I am here all day. Please post a lot.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:56 AM   #43  
loves kleenex box art

I am still here. I am gathering up stuff that I would've used in the little kids classroom and getting it ready to give to a young woman whom I like very much and who is going to school to be a teacher. Right now, she's teaching a home schooled six-year-old to read. I always thought that kids who were home schooled were taught by the parents. Anyway, I am getting rid of stuff and Bagz told me once that it's only way to clean. I can't bring myself to give up the books though.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:45 AM   #44  
loves kleenex box art

Someone tell me what to do with children's CDs? Just hand them over, right? It's just that I remember paying for them but wouldn't it be nice to get rid of the clutter. Bagz!1 Tell me.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:35 PM   #45  
Member w/ messiest house

Where was I yesterday? Sorry I missed your onlineness, Peachie. I suppose you are right about getting rid of stuff. Think of it this way, if you don't have someone you can give them to who will use them, then you can donate them to Goodwill or whatever and somebody will find a treasure trove of good stuff and be thrilled. Our library takes donations of any books and cds in decent shape -- if they don't want it their catalog, they sell it at their annual book sale. Or you could try Freecycle.

Speaking of old stuff, the director of the high school show choir asked me the other day if I had anything good for costumes for their show -- they are doing The Wedding Singer, set in the 80s I guess. The only thing I could think of were old bridesmaids dresses. I guess I'll go look through them, I think I had 3, but one was a red velvet gown that, well, would look better on a fainting couch than a person. I would be more inclined to lend these if DD was still in it, but they are fairly organized about costumes, so I assume I'll see them again. He will be some surprised when he realizes that they are size 10s or so.

I have not been doing very well on the food logging lately. I've got to get on the stick, because, true to form, when I don't write it down I eat twice as much. Last night I ate an entire bag microwave popcorn. At least I didn't add butter...

Later gators
Closed Thread