Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 02:51 AM   #1  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Valentines for Bovines

Okay, that's a reach, but it's February and we might as well find something cheery to say about it!

I think I need new reading glasses for the computer -- I find myself leaning all over the place trying to read the screen these days. It's exhausting!
Old 02-01-2008, 12:28 PM   #2  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

whew!!! glad the january thread is over!!! WABBY--i looked at the computer ,saw a list,and immediately thought Lettie had stopped by!!! i don't think even HER lists were that long---That would have been about a MONTH's worth for me at the speed i have been operating!!!---i was instantly jealous when you said YOUR DAFFYDOWNDILLYS WERE UP!!!!! and then you mentioned the GARDEN show!!!! swoon!!!!-----you are right about Peachers===thank heavens she hasn't been talking about all the fresh strawberries and tomatoes!!!!----i do remember Painty posting a pic of pansies growing last year at a greenhouse in her area---i still look at it!!!!! well,we are expecting an ice storm this evening---PEI hasn't had power since Monday because of the storm at the beginning of the week-----never mind---i think i will listen to music,like wabbs and maybe i will get something accomplished! party on cows~

Last edited by Bagzz; 02-01-2008 at 12:31 PM.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:38 PM   #3  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

just a pic of my darling lilacs on the dining room table in spring...............
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lilacs and poppies 087 (Small).jpg (36.5 KB, 7 views)
Old 02-01-2008, 06:10 PM   #4  
Member w/ messiest house

Oh, that's gorgeous. Like a whiff of spring. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

It's snowing again here. I don't know what the forecast is, I'm hiding my head in the sand.

DD's birthday is next weekend, and she is planning to come home. How shall we celebrate, without inviting more than 2 or 3 people into our house? Honestly this place is getting worse and worse -- now on top of having half a kitchen floor, and the ceiling falling down, the bathroom floor is rotting out. God I hate my house.

What was I saying? I'd like to plan a nice restaurant meal out. I know I will be over-ruled on it though. DD will want me to cook something she likes, and/or make one of her favorite desserts, and DH's family will insist we go there on Sunday, so brunch is out. maybe I'll just take myself out to dinner and celebrate 20 years of fatness.

Oops, didn't mean to unload that on you guys. Love you
Old 02-02-2008, 09:53 AM   #5  

Unload away, Kiwi.

Ok. I think I'm coming down off my burst of energy. I'm feeling back to my lethargic self. I think the cold and damp is really contributing to my achiness. I just realized that maybe it's not normal to hurt all over and I think I may have inherited the arthritis that runs in my family.

My Kaydy is here this morning. She's still snoozing. She's beginning to put words together into sentences. They're still in Kaydy language, so I have a hard time understanding, but the changes since I've seen her are amazing. My name is Naama. I bought some valentine window clings at the dollar store and she was so excited to put them up I thought she might hyperventilate.

Bagzie, when we first looked at this place the lilacs were blooming. It's what made me want to buy it in the first place. I absolutely love them. The daffs are up, but not blooming yet.

Kiwi, why don't you talk DD into a family birthday dinner at home one night, and then a restaurant big blow out the next? I think you should all go bowling again. Just remember, all DD sees when she walks in the door is home. And honestly, who cares what anyone else may think? I would absolutely love to come sit at your kitchen table and have a cuppa joe. If the roof leaked I'd just find a bucket and have another cookie.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:30 AM   #6  
Member w/ messiest house

Oh that age is so cute, isn't it, Wab? DH's nephew's little boy is the same age as Kaydy, and we saw him today at my SIL's house. He has changed so much since I saw him at Christmas time -- talking up a storm, everything you say he has to try out, it's so adorable. How about a photo of Kaydy?

I have given DH the word about next Sunday -- it is the day of the Democratic Caucus here in Maine, and DD and I are both planning to go. It will directly interfere with any Sunday family dinner, and the in-laws will certainly not understand that we find it important, so DH will have to explain to his family why we are not available. Perhaps this will also make going out to brunch beforehand a possibility.

Super Bowl was sort of exciting, eh? I almost didn't watch, not really caring that much even though the "local" (yeah, only 300 miles away) team was playing. All came down to the last couple minutes, which was a bit of a nailbiter. Did anyone see the eTrade commercials with the baby on the computer? They were the best. There were 2 of them. Funny as H***

Kiwi
Old 02-04-2008, 09:05 AM   #7  
loves kleenex box art

It's hard to know what kids see when they go home. DS has gone to his dad's condo again for another fencing tourney. Dad lives in a gigantic condo complex with a guard at the gate and all. Both visits the dad has told the guard to let DS in and both times the guards have refused. They have to talk to the dad on the phone and the dad has been at work. So .. when DS goes to dad's house, he sees himself stuck outside in the weather, tired from a long drive, hungry, and unwelcome.

When he comes here, he sees a mess.

For the past several months, I've been too much aware of my heart beat. I dread night time because I hear it and what I hear, at night, is that every fourth beat is not here. In the morning, it's better but still some are missing. I took magnesium and it helped but last week I could not stand it any more and went to a doc who put me on beta blockers and it's much better now. Was supposed to see him this morning but they called to reschedule to tomorrow.I see on Wikipedia that beta blockers are not the best drug available but they're something I can afford.

It worked in my behalf that the doc is actually a P.A. and had just got back from a weeklong conference about women's health. I fit right into his new info and was sweet and caring. I have cut out caffeine, chocolate and am eating more veggie things. He also thinks red wine is a good idea. Hmmm.

Kiwidd is going to be 20????? I am so alarmed by all this growing up stuff.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:09 PM   #8  
Member w/ messiest house

Wow, that sucks for DS. I'm sure it is entirely up to his dad to make sure that he is allowed in; the guards most likely are only following what they've been told, i.e. his dad maybe never really made the arrangements Well, every kid has to learn that his/her parents have their limitations. I think I'll go clean my house...

I'm glad the PA is right on top of things. Hey! I thought chocolate was good for your heart! You know, a little bit?
Old 02-04-2008, 06:05 PM   #9  
loves kleenex box art

I want to be thin like Bagz. *click hells* *click* *click*

Didn't work.

I have nada to say as I have no life. I've heard that chocolate is good for you, too. He was concerned about slowing down the beat and caffeine is found in choco, I guess. Anyway, who could eat a little?

The Capital Steps will be here in a couple of weeks. I'd love to go but have no one to go with. I need a life coach. I choose you all. Coach me.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:19 PM   #10  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

well,first tell me what the captial steps are and i will tell you to go alone and maybe meet some interesting people,OR,trip in front of a handsome man and make it look like it's his fault and use his arm to limp into the event? we were in halifax all weekend at a wholesale show so i am not up to snuff on the activites in the pasture---i will peruse and get up to date---the superbowl was crazy last night--i was glad new york won,it made it more exciting,and i didn't really care either way----it's just fun to watch the big final sports events!!!====OH MY GOODNESS .speaking of events,we are all excited about SUPER FAT TUESDAY!!!!===it's the super tuesday primarys AND PANCAKE DAY TOO!!!! AND THE INSANE WIVES OF ORANGE COUNTY STARTS A NEW SEASON!!! _-- have any of you seen those chicks?? they are UNbelievable!!!!-----ok,i read the other posts-----kiwi darling--your baby is not a teenager any more----my dd's seemed 'wierded out' by being TWENTY----is your darling having angst leaving the teens or is she cool with it???? it's crazy to be the mother to TWENTY-SOMETHINGS!!!-----wabby has the best of babies----i would love to see a new photo of the darling K-baby-----if you don't want to put it up here,how about an email????----peach----i got your email about the fencing----i am going to access it on the good computer---this family dinosaur doesn't have any applications that are up to date anymore!!!---that's nuts about the dad and his guards=----they should have a better set up than that---poor kid----where is this place????the same state as you guys????----well,i have to go finish the dishes====late supper=---i made zero point carrot/cauliflower soup and IT WAS LOVELY!!!! i love carrot soup { i pureed it} see yas lata.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:43 PM   #11  
Member w/ messiest house

Clicking heels will never get you to lose weight unless you jump up and down and wave your arms at the same time. And do it for an hour.

I watched the fencing. Cool!

Okay, I didn't CARE about the Super Bowl, but I didn't want the Giants to win. So apparently I did care. Just not very much.

DD can't be turning 20. She's still a child. One of her friends wrote on dd's facebook "does this mean we have to stop acting like we're 6?"

I just finished watching a documentary about Celtic music. It was 10 years old. Mostly about Cape Breton. Had Loreena McKennit. And Natalie MacMasters -- do you know her, Bagz? She is performing in Bangor soon and DH wants to get tickets.

Took Jetski out for an amble today. A very strenuous amble. Snowshoeing up and down hills, it was exhausting. I get extra credit.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:27 PM   #12  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

fantastic workout kiwonkers!!----sounds fresh!!----i LOVE natalie mcmaster---she is sooooooooo cute====of course i adore loreena {saw her last fall in town at the imperial}----if you like fiddle music,and celtic music you will love natalie---she is adorable----a real Caper {as they call them} ---sort of a lilting irish-like accent. one of my friends from cape breton knows all the mc master clan----some of natalies relatives have been to parties in town and they all play the fiddle!!!-------------okay--bedtime---night night
Old 02-05-2008, 01:13 AM   #13  
Member w/ messiest house

Do you (anyone) know what is meant by the phrase "evening cameo"? I just read this in a blog and I can't figure it out. I would think it meant an appearance in the evening or something, but that doesn't make sense in context.

Natalie McM was dancing while fiddling in a cut from some concert footage in that documentary. Looks like it might be a fun concert.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:15 AM   #14  
loves kleenex box art

I tried to look it up and found a clutch purse. Maybe we need the context.

I just to the doc and am much better. Pulse was 54 down from 80-something and he suggested a little caffeine and a little less medicine. Great relief. Mailed five postcards today .. two to foreign nations. I am mailing one to lcp and would like to mail her something else she needs but she hasn't responded to me in a few days. Her blog is very depressed. She misses the U.S. and doesn't sound like she's fitting in there yet. She's been told she sneezes too loudly and her violin playing is too sad. Then the viiolin broke.

Started watching, on DVD, The Riches and think it's wonderful. So funny and so unlike ordinary tv. For example, New Christine going on and on about "I'm not coming home til I have sex" just doesn't make me laugh. It makes me bored.

Why did Shots, of all people, toss us away again? Can't trust anyone I guess.

Ta.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:55 PM   #15  
Member w/ messiest house

Hold on, I will find the context. I've seen the phrase used in sports stories, mostly cricket, so I think it's a British thing, but it seemed to mean an appearance.Do you suppose it means "moonlighting"?

We are having more snow today. I took Jet and drove into town to get the car inspected earlier. Then I had to take her out of the car so they could do the inspection, so I was wandering outside with her for 15 minutes. The snow was the weirdest stuff I've ever seen: it was in little 1/4" sticks instead of flakes! Very odd. When I got back in the car and drove home it started to sleet, but I think it is back to snowing sticks now. Strange days.
Closed Thread