Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 10:16 PM   #31  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Good Evening Ladies!!

Just a quick drop in because Bro & Sis is a re-run. Just spent the past 3 hrs watching Extreme Home Makeover which was done in our state. The local news did a one hr pre-show of the making of the makeover which was really interesting. Earlier in the day, dh and I starting clearing out our library/office to get it ready for painting. Decided on a deep green color and I have a painter coming to give us an estimate on Wed. My usual painter is a guy that paints for the hospital that I work, but he has been out on a medical leave and I'm not sure when he will be available. If this painter price is too high, we will just tackle it ourselves. We have always done our own painting but once you get someone to do it for you, you get spoiled. Painting for me is a 3 day job, one to clear it out and prep, another to paint and another to put it all back together. The painters get it done in 1/2 day!!!

Only other news is that I lost 1 lb today when I weighed in at WW!! I was very pleased. Made a big pot of chicken corn soup (3 pts on WW) and some chicken salad (haven't figured out the points on that yet), tackled the laundry and ironed uniforms for the next two days of work. I'll try to catch up with indies when I'm off on Wed & Thurs. The temps are going down to about 6 degrees tonight so I'm heading up to bed and dive under my down comforter!! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!!
Old 01-20-2008, 10:29 PM   #32  

Height: 5'5"

Today was so busy too, Friends just got their adoption finalized and the boys got baptized today. It was a ton of fun, and hope to have pics soon. I will share a pic from the party it is DH and me...I fell like I look so huge, but I am really tired and worn out, so I will just move on. Will try to get indies done tomorrow. ((hugs)) to all

Edit: Link won't work, will post pic later

Last edited by upswife; 01-22-2008 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:47 PM   #33  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Oh my,,,what a crazy couple of weeks. Tanner is in the midst of the Camelot run,,,its such a long show,,,goes right till 11 pm each night. His stage manager got sick and so I stepped in to help. Scary since I had no idea of what was going on. Will do indivisuals later...
just playing catch up
ttfn
Old 01-21-2008, 01:55 AM   #34  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

well, we all decided to sleep in on Sunday. Brandon was still looking pale, but was able to hold down chicken noodle soup, so we thought we were on the upswing......until he threw up at 1pm on Sunday! After getting every body ready, we were off to prompt care. The doctor took a look at him and said that he is pretty much healthy.....except for the stomach flu. And that the only thing that we can do is just let it runs it's course. She told me to keep him on a bland diet, i.e. the B.R.A.T. diet. So, Tommy had to go to the laundry mat to wash our bedding since that is what he threw up on, so he bought him some applesauce and some bananas.

He got mad though because Tommy made a ham, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, and stuffing for dinner. Brandon got so mad because we had to tell him that he couldn't have any. We did give him some stuffing to try and he stole ham off his brother's plate. He kept every thing down....and his appetite came back in full force!

Our furnace doesn't sound as sickly as it did on Saturday night/Sunday morning. We got in touch with the office manager and she said to keep an eye on it, and to let her know if it goes out.

Francie~ That does sound so childish! I had my share of childish stuff around the time that me and Tommy got married.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:51 AM   #35  
I work with germs!!

Ok Jane...I updated my bio and had to change my age to that dreaded 50!!! At work today so just sneaking in to lurk a bit. Have a wonderful day ladies!!
Old 01-21-2008, 12:44 PM   #36  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Franice...lots of hugs to you missy. You know, I think Trish said it perfectly! Sometimes we just gotta let things go and move on no matter how it hurts. Some people just love the drama and you can't change them. I think posting a message or sending a message on myspace shows that.

Trish...I am going to have to write that down for sure! Smart man that hubby of yours. WTG on the bike!

Jules...I know you are lovin' being a grandma, and I can see why! Nick is a cutie pie for sure! I want one!

Ellen...the picture didn't come up for me, said I wasn't authorized to see it/do that or something like that. Now I am curious, lol. I saw your profile pic and meant to say something sooner, you guys are a nice looking family for sure!

Tammy...I have a painter too...his name is husband, lol. I love green and am sure your office will be nice! WTG on the pound gone!

Mindee...maybe you should have them check the heater anyway, just to be safe. If it was making a noise or doing something out of the ord, something must be wrong with it...better safe than sorry, right? You wouldn't want to wake in the middle of night with no heat and no one to get there till the next day...it's too stinking cold to now have heat, brrrrr! Glad Brandon is feeling a little better. The ham dinner sounded delicious!

Sassy...good to see you lady. Hoping all is going well for you and hubby.

Have a good day!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 01-21-2008 at 12:48 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:53 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Good Afternoon Lades

I had a really good OP yesterday and having a good one today.

Ellen - I forgot how good it is for me to have "to do" lists. I learned to do that years ago and don't know why or when I stopped. Thanks for inspiring me to do start it again. Last night I made one for today and have most of it done already. I even put on it things like "ride 1/2 mile on stationary bike", "do weights exercises" and "stay OP". Even put on it to drink (3) 32oz jugs of water today. Originally planned to do weights 3x a week and decided to go ahead and do it 6 the same with my 6 day bike riding each week. It is surprising how you will work to have a check mark next to it on that list to show that you accomplished that today.

Jane - I got an idea from reading this months issue of WW magazine yesterday. Caught my eye because of you. Did you read the article on scrapbooking? I think I'm going to start me a WW Scrapbook start with my before picture and put pictures in it as I lose wegiht. I haven't decided what all to put in mine yet, but I think it would be a good project to use toward successful weight loss. Might put my check lists in it.

Mindee - I'm so glad Brandon is better and that your furnace is working. I hope it doesn't go out on you and lasts through this really cold winter we are all having. It is in the 40's during the day and 20's at night here this week and I am cold most of the time even with sweats on.

Hello to everyone else. Hope everyone stays warm and have a great OP day.

Hugs,
Trish

Last edited by pattygirl63; 01-21-2008 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:03 PM   #38  

Tammy - CONGRATULTIONS on the 1 lb loss. I think I am the one who got it though as I was up a lb this week LOL. Happy for you.

Trish
Old 01-21-2008, 01:24 PM   #39  

Tammy - I forgot to ask you about your chicken corn soup. I love chicken soup. How do you make chicken corn soup? It sounds delicious especially with this cold weather.

Thanks,
Trish
Old 01-21-2008, 04:18 PM   #40  
I work with germs!!

Trish, I make my chicken corn soup without a recipie. My mom is from PA and its a favorite amish soup. It's really no different from good ol chicken noodle soup except you add some corn and dice up a few potatoes. I usually boil a whole chicken for an hour till it falls off the bone. Take it out of the broth and save that. Add some diced celery, carrots, onion and a can of cream of chicken soup to the reserved broth and simmer till tender then add half of the chicken diced up, (the other half I made chicken salad or I'll freeze for another recipie) Add a can of niblet corn and about 3 diced potatoes. When the potatoes are almost done, add about 6 oz (half a large bag) of dry extra wide noodles and simmer till done. Sometimes I may need to add a can of chicken broth. I usually add a tablespoon of Paula Deen's house seasoning. Or just add salt, pepper and a little garlic salt to tastel. It usually makes a large dutch oven pot of soup, enough for 6-8 or more. Sorry that's it not a standard recipie. I put the ingredients in the WW recipie builder and it said if I divided it up by 6, it would be 3 points!
Old 01-21-2008, 06:08 PM   #41  

Thanks Tammy. That sounds good and cook that way a lot myself. I can work with the directions you gave me. I'll try it. Trish
Old 01-21-2008, 08:09 PM   #42  

Height: 5'5"

Good evening Ladies!

Things are going well today, I got my hair cut off!!! It was downt o lower-mid back, and It is now up to my ears and layered, So nice to have it gone!!! Did the gym this Am, even having to push everyone out the door, I made it. I was so tempted to not go, but I almost have the habit down again, and I am not going to sabotage myself again.

Food today has been good and filling. I will have to try that soup too! it sounds wonderful, esp with the cold weather...only up to 19 for a high tomorrow.

Trish ~ I just recently got started with the list again too. you can thank Francie and others for getting me started again. It is very helpful, to keep my mind on what need to be done, and is nice to cross things off.

Buenos Noches!
Old 01-21-2008, 10:02 PM   #43  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

*Calgon Take Me Awayyyy!!!!*

lol.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:12 AM   #44  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Mindee, good to hear that Brandon is on the mend,,,kids do have a quick rebound with getting better.

Sassy,,,needing to get away?

Marti,,,I am really late but I am wishing a very Happy Birthday,,,with all the bells and whistles.

8 1/2 weeks till our holidays,,,pathetic I know to be already counting down,,,but I am in need of a holiday.

Well I should get to bed,,,night all
Old 01-22-2008, 01:20 AM   #45  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi All,

Just was reading my Garfield Comic and today's is kinda cute, so figured I'd share:

http://www.garfield.com/comics/comic...?2008-ga080122

Closed Thread