Old 01-19-2008, 07:56 PM   #16  

Good evening, ladies! It's snowing! We may get 2-4 inches! I'm glad it's the weekend, it'll be gone by Monday.

Jean, I'm always glad we moved here and got away from the zero weather in Ohio and the snow.

I got Stan home from the hospital and the visiting nurse came today and hooked up his wound vac. This one is much smaller than the one at the hospital that hung off his bed. This one comes in a fanny pack and will run for up to 8 hours on its battery so he can move around and go to dialysis and still have his treatment. Nice nurse we've had before. We're both just glad he's home.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:42 PM   #17  

Good Evening, Flowers! It's -4 right now and according to our thermometer hit a "high" of 2 today. The sun was out and there was steam (?) melting on our little barn roof. I spent the morning doing some laundry then raising my blood pressure at WM and the grocery store! I wanted one of those plastic thingys you can put on a register to direct the heat. I couldn't find a clerk at WM to ask so decided to go to customer service. Found a line of 5 adults and 6 kids there so gave it up. The stupid grocery store is moving some of their merchandise around so I spent time hunting in there too. I remember a little neighborhood store near where my grandparents lived; they would do the shopping and deliver the groceries to the customer's home. Sounds like a plan to me!

"Gma" -- It sounds like you had a busy day planned. I always plan more than I seem to accomplish.

Susan -- Glad to hear that Stan is home again. Always glad to share the snow!

Hope you all have a nice Sunday. It is supposed to be cold and snow here.

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 07:55 AM   #18  

Good morning girls. It is a very chilly 19 here this morning. Supposed to warm into the 30's then start a warming trend tomorrow and be back into the 50's midweek. It says it is -2 up my son's way so I don't envy them. Their house is always cold in my opinion though the baby doesn't seem to get cold hands and such.

Jean: Guess either Bob didn't go or you opted out of the trip to Jason's. I absolutely hate Walmart's. Every one of them here is nasty, aisles crowded with junk, rude clerks if you can find one, even in the ritzy part of town. I go there to get stuff I can't get at the commissary because the only other grocery choices we have are a couple cheapo kinds down in the hood where I would never venture, Krogers, and another very expensive one call Schnucks so it is cheapest to go to Walmart. Jack and I completely quit going to the Walmart Neighborhood market that is about a mile away. It is frequented by huge numbers of Welfare people, if you know what I mean, and getting checked out or help or anything is impossible in there. We finally got fed up shopping there at all. I like the Meijers they have in Indiana, but their home base is Holland Michigan I think and I have been in one up there and it is nasty like the Walmarts. I suspect it is the area like it is here.

Susan: So glad Stan is home and comfortable or at least as comfortable as he can be given his current situation. Enjoy your snow for the few days it will stay and keep it, I don't even want to see any!

I did get the downstairs cleaned and a fair amount of work done on the sweater. I should tackle the upstairs today, but since Jack is home again tomorrow, I may either do part and finish tomorrow or do it all tomorrow. I would really like to get a good part of the sweater finished. This and the yellow is yarn I bought with a gift card I got for my birthday. Looks like I have enough that I may make a yellow and red striped one for my friend in Indiana who asked me to make the purses for her birthday. I think it would look pretty as a striped sweater. I may do a test striping to see.

Everyone have a great Sunday and I wil talk to you all tomorrow.
Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 12:27 PM   #19  

Good Morning, Flowers! It was -10 when I got up this morning; the "deck herd" was waiting for breakfast and water. I don't know who comes to drink during the night, but I fill the bowl before I go to bed and it has been empty in the morning. It was -5 when I came home from church. The washer is going and I'm going to read the paper while Bob sings at second service.

"Gma" -- Jason had to have his electrical work inspected and the guy hadn't shown up yet Friday afternoon so he couldn't sheetrock over the wiring. He was bummed and the next few weekends will be busy. They are having company one weekend -- a couple who met at their wedding and eventually got married with Jason and Amanda as attendants. We celebrate Feb. birthdays the weekend before we leave for Maui and then will be gone the next two weekends. The month will fly by and we'll be in "blizzard" weather for March! I did get quite a bit done yesterday -- I hate giving up a whole weekend day during the school week. I either don't move as fast or get easily side tracked because it seems to take me longer to get anything done! Our Walgreen's is scheduled to open the end of January. The biggest problem will be parking and the idiots in this town who don't know how to drive let alone park. They made the few single row parking spaces straight in rather than at a slant. There's no parking on the two side streets and the other two sides are highways. Should make for accidents waiting to happen since the intersection is already the biggest accident site in town. They should have picked a bigger location I'm thinking. I'm anxious for it to open . . . I may never have to go to WM again! Our "better" grocery store has gone downhill since the new manager has come to town -- the bakery has cut way back on the quantity of muffins, cookies, etc., that they make. If you go later in the day those shelves are bare. The other grocery store has the "riff-raff" shoppers -- enough said about that! I won't grocery shop at WM -- I did price check chocolate and butterscotch chips yesterday and WM was 30 cents higher than the grocery store. Our WM is higher on most everything because they have no competition in town. The dumb thinkers are convinced that WM is cheaper because they are in other towns and no one can convince them otherwise.

I'm off to read the paper! Make it a good day!

Jean -- from Iowa!

Last edited by Jean; 01-20-2008 at 12:29 PM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote