Old 01-27-2008, 05:10 PM   #136  

Jet yes because thats the scales you will be using all the time. Well good evening everyone i am on my way to the basement to walk the treadmill. and play a little with Joey on Wii. love ya all bye
Kornie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 09:00 PM   #137  

It's Sunday night. I'm tired. I had an OK eating day. Not great, but not terrible. Saturdays and Sundays are by far my worst days. I always do good Monday-Friday and then blow the week-end. I've got find a way to get past that. Hope you all have a good Monday.
lalaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:52 AM   #138  

Michelle

I do too. I have a hard time not eating what I want when I want. Especially on the weekends!! I will pray for your choices and mine as well.
I don't think there is anything wrong with having a treat once or twice a week.
I just need to eat to live not live to eat.
Have a great day guys!!!
Jetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:26 PM   #139  

hi everyone!!
Just checking in. I am having a hard time staying out of the snacks. I am not hungry and I walk out to the kitchen for a bite of this and a bite of that. Boredom eating I guess.
Jetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:32 PM   #140  

Hi everyone- Had a good day- workout and eating. I had a good conversation with Kim on the phone about calories and how many to eat. I may not be eating enough, which is a very hard concept to accept. Lori, I know you're kind of the guru on this. How many calories do you try to eat in a day? Kim says she tries to do 1500 to 1700. Well, by the time I got home from school today, I had only had 580 calories. There is no way that my supper was 1000, in fact it was probably 400-500, I'm guessing. That's only 1000-1100 for the day. AAAHHH!!! Could this be my problem? I don't understand why I've been working out for over 6 years, 5-6 days a week for 50 minutes each workout and not losing any weight. Yes, I am a binge eater between 3 and 6 probably because I'm hungry from the beginning of my day. But this is crazy..... Yes, my workout was getting routine and I'm sure my body had adjusted. I've tried to change it up a little. When I lost my weight the first time, I counted fat grams. I know- fat free stuff is bad for you. But is worked for me the first time. I'm having a hard time switching to calories and thinking that I have to up what I'm eating right now. It doesn't make sense that I should eat more. Help and advice from anyone would be appreciated. I believe what Kim says. It makes sense. It's just doing it.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:04 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Michelle,

I'm definitely not a guru!! Unless it comes to low carb! (just kidding)

It is true however that if you don't get the calories that your body needs during the day that it tends to store more fat. If I were you I would plan ahead scheduled snack times in between your meals. Take along almonds, boiled eggs, cheese cubes, (celery & peanut butter or carrots for you non-low carbers) in snack bags. Make sure you know exactly how many calories are in each bag and calculate that into your day.

The more you each during the day, even a small snack, the more it works on your metabolism! (This doesn't include junk like cookies and chips !!)
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:06 AM   #142  

Ok, I'm not doing well this week at all. I had great intentions Sunday and Monday to get on the treadmill. All of which failed miserably. But I also had a paper that was overdue from Friday!!! I just turned it in at 10:30 am and do you know that man still gave me an A!!! Yeah!!!!

Not to mention Mike left for Pittsburgh today and will not be back until probably Friday! Eeek!

Ok, so the juggling act begins!

My biggest success in the last week = I have managed to do my Bible study daily for 3 days in a row!!!!!
Old 01-29-2008, 12:29 PM   #143  

Trying to get my slider. Don't really know much. I'm thinking about this eating more earlier. It will be very, very hard to break my mentality. It makes sense, I know. Hope you're all well. Lori, I'm sorry things are so crazy.

Can we make this last a year? HEE HEE It might take me that long.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:48 PM   #144  

Michelle,
I am just as guilty! But i do know if u eat a breakfast fit for a king and a lunch fit for a queen and supper fit for the poor. It makes sense. I also agree with Lori take snacks with u like almonds, cheese sticks, apple etc. Listen to me i am the one that needs to lose the MOST!!!! I have been doing good and i feel like i am losing but in the wrong places! boobs! that is. Oh well i guess its fat that must go!! hope you all have a great day, Love ya bye for now
Kornie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:45 AM   #145  

K - So sad...those always go first!
Old 01-30-2008, 10:42 AM   #146  

I loved your analogy, Karen. Breakfast for a king, lunch for a queen, and supper for the poor. Unfortunately, my mindset is EXACTLY the OPPOSITE!!!!!! I have always saved the majority of my calories for my supper. That's the meal that's most fun for me. Trying to change my mindset is going to be very difficult, but I'm going to try. I bought some cottage cheese, yogurt, almonds, and cheese cubes last night so I'm going to try and rev things up earlier in the day and cut back at dinner. Pray for me. Love you all.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:58 PM   #147  

30 minutes on the treadmill yesterday
30 minutes on the treadmill today!!

One more day to go this week!!!!
Old 01-30-2008, 08:46 PM   #148  

Hello ladies!! Ive been having a great week eating wise. I went to the store and didnt buy one junk item!! Bought walnuts and celery and banana's and carrots, and so on. Been eating kashi bars for breakfast cause thats the craziest part of my day!! I cant seem to get up in time to eat a great "fit for a king breakfast!!" Im right there with everyone else eating hardly anything all day and then chow time when i get home!! I will be working out tonight...yeah!! Tae-bo...ouch, This cold weather makes me want to just sit around and be warm! So i need some serious motivation here...seeing how well everyone is doin is motivation cause ive only lost 1 measly pound!! So putting the boys to bed and getting ready to kick!! (And feel like i got kicked) Best wishes to all!! Praying for everyone, and glad i joined!! Hold me ACCOUNTABLE!!!
Hutch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:23 AM   #149  

Hutch - Great job on the eating today!!!! Did you get your Tae Bo in after you post?

Jetty - Did you get any more time in today?

How is everyone doing so far on work outs this week? Anyone putting more money in the pot for me to win?????
Old 01-31-2008, 03:05 PM   #150  

Hi everyone. Well, I had breakfast fit for a king today. I didn't think I was ever going to stop eating. HEE HEE I had a boiled egg (minus the yellow), one piece of turkey bacon, one half wheat English muffin (with alittle bit of strawberry jelly) and a small serving of "real" strawberries. UGH!!!! I had half a container of yogurt and a few almonds for a snack (I plan on having the same thing for my afternoon snack). For lunch- I had a serving of cottage cheese, spinach salad with light italian dressing, a serving of block cheese and a 60 calorie hershey chocolate stick. Suggestions people?????? Is that OK??? Calorie wise it seems OK. Of course, supper which is my favorite meal is when I get killed. So....... I'm going to try this "calorie heavy morning and afternoon" thing and lighter at supper and see what happens.

Sorry Lori---- You'll never get money out of me for the workout thing. HEEE HEEEEEEEE I am the workout queen. Of course it hasn't seemed to do anything in 5 years. UGH!!!!! I go crazy if I don't work out. Unfortunately, the workout comes before many other things that it shouldn't. However, it never comes before my devotions which is one good thing on my side, but family and friends----UH!!! Yes, I have to admit that. It's something I have to work on.

Love you all, Michelle