Old 01-29-2008, 09:55 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning... It's Tuesday. Tonight was supposed to be the Foo Fighter's concert, but due to illness, the band has postponed the concert to a later day.... oh well.. gives me more time to get ready for my ski weekend!

Tonight, we are going to dinner with Alan's parents. That will be a challenge. We are going to an italian restaurant, and I LOVE all the stuff there that isn't good for me. Moderation right?

I will be doing my 3 miles today on the treadmill. I did that yesterday and then went to the Y and did 30 minutes on the elliptical and about 20 minutes of weights... even though I am doing great ... my weight is up a pound today. Irratating.

How is everyone doing? Nothing much is going on here. Everyone around me seems to be sick, so I am trying to stay healthy!

Anyone here watch LOST? I can't wait for Thursday... (not that I will get to see it then, we are recording it to watch over the weekend). Alan and I are almost done with Season One. I didn't watch that one all the way through.. more sporatically.. so it's been fun going back and watching this season. When we went to Hawaii last May, we got to go find several of the places where the filmed the show. We saw a couple of the places last night (watched four episodes) where we could recoginize exactly where they were.. it was pretty cool. Anyway... I can't wait for it to come back!!!!

Now... back to work!
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:16 PM   #62  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hello all. It's a crazy hectic day for me. I'm working a full day at my "old" office, worked my first payroll for 94 employees--which is a big change from just 5 people I tell you... anyway, I'm on break for lunch and am just checking on things over here. I don't know how long I can keep this up--the back and forth thing-- but I will do it until I can't take it anymore I guess. I love working with people again, but it's a bit noisy! I didn't realize how much I like silence!

Cherie, that sucks that the concert got canceled, but hopefully rescheduled for later right? Don't sweat that 1 lb., it could be anything like a little too much sodium or whatever. You will get it off. Enjoy your dinner tonight, moderation is key.

I am not weighing in on Wednesday, but will wait til Friday morning so I won't technically miss any meetings while I am on vacation. I have to buckle down yet again. I am PMSing so I am craving sweets and junk food.

Hi to all. I better eat and then run back. At least I'm getting a bit of cardio walking up and down the street between offices Chat later.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:12 AM   #63  

Good Morning... Its Wednesday. Feels like a Monday to me, I am just dragging this morning.

Noelle... are you going to continue doing both jobs? That would be exhausting! I hope things settle down for you a little!

Yesterday at lunch I did 3.28 miles on the treadmill, about halfway through I decided to start running. I am not going to worry about how I look after my lunch, so I will be running now instead of the walking. Something has got to kick in and make my weight change. I am up again today.

Last night's dinner was good.. I had a salad, and grilled salmon, with one glass of wine. So, not sure why my weight is up.. but it is. SUCKS. :-)

Today I am going to run at lunch, and then go to the YMCA this afternoon for weights and some more cardio. Tomorrow all I will be able to do is run at lunch because I have my PHR class tomorrow night. Then it's Friday! YEAH!

I guess I should go back to work... I am sitting here so sleepy... wishing I could crawl back into bed.... oh well.... in two days I'll be driving to Colorado.. I can sleep then!
Old 01-30-2008, 04:54 PM   #64  
so close, yet so far...

Hello people Just a quick fly by. I am jamming and cramming and trying to get all my month-end bills posted and paid. I do not plan on working at all on Friday so I can just concentrate on getting my bags packed and all the other little things that need to get done.

Cherie, hope you're feeling a little more perked up, I hate it when you're at work and just want to snooze! You are AWESOME for RUNNING at lunch!!! That is totally inspirational to me.

Karen, how are things going for you? I know there are storms aplenty going on in your area. Hope everything is OK. Stay safe!

Did I tell you guys about the ragged little dog we found on Sunday? I will try and post pics later, but the short story is that we found a little white dog who was really neglected w/matted hair and my sis the dog groomer just shaved all his hair off and gave him a bath and he was such a great dog. He was a total cutie pie. We surrendered him to the pound afterward, hopefully he will get adopted out. He was the perfect size and had a great temperament.

Then on Monday, my nephew was driving his car near his friend's house and it was pouring buckets of rain. He saw two large dogs--a golden retriever and a yellow lab just running in the rain in the middle of the road--no collars or ID. So he picked them up and brought them to our house. They had to go to the pound as well, but the owner picked them up the very next day. We are just the animal lost and found in our neighborhood
Old 01-30-2008, 08:05 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hi Everybody! Sorry I haven't been around for a bit -- guess I just got in a "dumpy mood" with the house deal and all. I have watched 3 different moving vans go up to the houses that are behind us. But I guess I shouldn't let that get to me--- I don't know what their circumstances were --- if they sold, foreclosed on, rented or leased with option. Still haven't heard anymore from the people that just showed up a couple weeks ago either. So between that and just really getting tired of cold and snow--- I've just been feeling kind of down.
Cherie, you becareful driving here- Up here where we are the roads aren't really bad (right now but it has started snowing again now) But they have had some of the higher mountain passes closed several times in the last weeks.
Noelle, I had forgotten that you were going to go to the Mardi Gras--- Sure hope you have fun, I know that you will!! The little white dog sounds so cute--- If I had the room I would probably have a dozen!! I know I would never be able to work in a shelter!!
Well, everybody take care and I need to get going and get out of this funk that I'm in. Guess I really need a good "Pick me up" and then a good swift Talk to you later.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:46 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hi Ladies, ----- Cherie I just wanted to let you know that we have got about 6 inches of snow in the last 3 hours! They are saying the visibility is 0% just south of Pueblo. I thought that I would send you the link to the local TV station and they have really good updates on their all the time. It is: www.krdo.com I know you are anxous to get out here to go skiing but please be careful and drive safe!!
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:23 AM   #67  

Happy Thursday Everyone!

Karen thanks for the updates and link. I will be going and looking at the TX, NM, Southern Colorado links to see what the weather is doing right now. We are supposed to get up tomorrow morning at 4 AM (that is what, midnight for you Noelle?)

Noelle.. have a fantastic time in NOLA! I LOVE that place. I have heard its nothing like it was before the hurricane, but that they are trying to rebuild. Stay safe and have fun! Have some great food for me!

Well, I officially lost 10 pounds in the month of January. I am STILL at 162.50. I have plateaued for the past two weeks, so I am really hoping that this ski trip will help jump start the weight loss again. I did lose 17 inches from all over, so I am VERY happy about that. I hope I can make some strides in the month of February.

Well.. this is my last day of work for this week, so I need to get busy and clear off my desk and get things organized..

Oh.. and it's snowing here right now. Nothing major... light dusting, just giving me a taste of what is to come!

Talk to you ladies next week.. I should be back on Tuesday or Wednesday! Have a great weekend!
Old 02-01-2008, 03:50 AM   #68  
so close, yet so far...

Good night ladies......

Cherie, have a fantastic weekend and yes, be safe out there! Hey, 10 lbs for a month is WONDERFUL progress. I know you will burn some major calories with skiing. Again, have a great time!!!

Karen, thanks for the shout out. Sorry to hear that you are feeling down in the dumps. I know you will get your groove back and your house will get sold! It is a beautiful home and the right person will come along. For now though, you get to enjoy the CO winter I wish y'all could come out and visit and enjoy some sunshine--well, to tell you the truth, we've had a lot of rain, but still! I wish I could send you some heat.

I've got to finish packing. Michael will have a full load of homework since he is missing 1 week of school so I need to keep on top of him for that. I don't want his whole vacation focused on books! Anyway, you ladies have a great night and I will chat w/y'all later.