Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 09:30 PM   #121  
loves kleenex box art

Since you asked

I went there and they acted like I was good as hired. Wanted me to come back and spend the afternoon observing, then sub one day (paid). I agreed. Upon leaving the room, who comes down the hall but the devil herself. That woman who fired me from my teaching little kids job is one of the assistants in that room.

Not really wanting this job all that much and not wanting to be screwed with, I pulled the interviewer over and told her I had worked under that woman and it wasn't the best relationship. (I had asked what happened to the latest teacher and she was fired for letting kids gather around her desk and pulling up gang symbols on the internet for them.)

My car wouldn't start. It was lunchtime and no one would come. Finally, I got it towed to a garage that worked it in and couldn't find the problem. Next day, I had my regular mechanic fetch it and he can't find it either. Computer problem. Manual says to use a different key as the chip in the key may be damaged. I think I got two keys with it but can't find the other one. Am quite ungood here.

Oh ... and the woman was going to the other school to get my application before I spent the afternoon there. She came back saying she couldn't find it but why didn't I fill out another one. But things have changed, she said, and the other school doesn't had a drop in enrollment (overnight?) and she'd probably have to take one of their teachers.

How big are your bats? He says he washed his hands.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:20 PM   #122  
Member w/ messiest house

Jeez, you must be so sick of that runaround. Do you think the evil troll is actively souring your prospects, or was it more likely what you said about working with her?

Not that this will make you feel any better, but the school district employment situation around here is apparently the same as where you are. I have a friend who has been trying to get hired for a permanent ed tech job for several years and just keeps bumping into roadblocks set up by a small group of people who are all related and keep getting each other hired for everything that opens up.

Our bats are the size of field mice with wings - the bodies are about 2-3 inches long. They would easily fit in your hand. ~shudder~
Old 12-15-2007, 02:42 PM   #123  
loves kleenex box art

I think it was both. The lead-teacher or whatever her title is was all happy and bubbly and the director noted how wonderful she was to work for. L-T said she just wanted everyone to be happy. After lunch, she walked past me with her eyes down. I think that was evil troll talking to her. Honestly, I did not want that job. I don't want a job where someone is fired for having kids congregate around her desk and pulling up gang symbols on the computer UNLESSSSS I know that the person was trained otherwise. I don't want to be afraid of being dismissed because someone decided I didn't follow some rule and is not required to document such.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:32 AM   #124  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

there is no way i would get involved with any job anywhere near that whack job from the last school ;peach!===you are smart to stay away from her===just keep at the store where you are becoming comfortable and if a really good teaching job comes up,think about it---i would rather work in a store than teach ,any day!! hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa====we were super busy to day----i think we are expecting a noreaster tomorrow!!!look out kiwonk
Old 12-16-2007, 12:11 PM   #125  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

this thread is too long--i am starting a new one!!
Closed Thread