Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 10:17 AM   #31  
ugggg.....

Quicky again during break--took work home with me last night and didn't even touch the internet at home!!

Just wanted to say hi!!
Old 10-25-2007, 04:28 PM   #32  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

SASSY...woohoo, new chairs! Hey, you'll get that new house or condo soon!

JANE...how cute...little kids playing sports are soooo cute! Hope you had fun shopping.

TAMMY...I love to veg sometimes too! It's nice having the house to yourself.

KELTON...hoping you are having a good day!

JULES...as usual you are busy, busy, busy. But glad you can take time to stop by and say HI!

HI SUE, MARTI, PINKJANE and everyone else!

More running around for me today. It will be over soon though. Picked up the cake, went to Wally World and bought groceries...glad I didn't need a lot. Went to back Josh's truck out of the garage and the battery is dead, ugh. Going to take it tomorrow to get the balloons and wash it while I am out. Let's see, got the banner up inside, with some confetti, going to tie little yellow ribbons on the big tree a little later and get some exercise! I skipped yesterday and I am feeling guilty for doing so. So HAVE to get something done today! Going to get up early in the morning and do it before I get started with the day otherwise it will never happen. Anyway...almost time for Jeopardy!

Have a good day ladies!
Old 10-25-2007, 08:30 PM   #33  

Hello ladies,

Kelton - my day was lots of fun, and I hope yours was, too. Did you have your sweet DGD today?

Jules - I hope the people you work for appreciate you for all your hard work, and also hope you get to rest and chill this evening.

Cristina - lots of errands, but all of them sound fun for Josh's homecoming. Tomorrow's the big day, and I'll be thinking of you and your family.

Mary and I found shoes and pants for Makenzie's uniform, but no shirts small enough, lol. She ordered one, and it should be in, in a couple of days.

I've been OP, and am looking forward to weigh in on Saturday. I've been eating more protein, and I think that's making me feel better. I just love how with WW, I can try and see what works best for me personally, as long as I stay within my points.

The weekend is almost here, again. Where does the time fly?
Old 10-25-2007, 10:18 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 238/220.4/150

Height: 5'2'

Hello Everyone
I am back home and totally glad to be, but tired. No more trips planned any time soon and I am really glad.
I was excited to find that when I got on the scales this morning that I only gained 1 lb. while on our 2 weeks away from home. Thank God!!! That is soooo amazing since we ate out almost everyday and a lot of times I had to eat off plan.

I got back OP 100% today! I am trying something a little different. I read about it on another group here. A lady did it and lost really well. I am doing the South Beach Diet, but using my WW Flex Points for more control of what I eat and as a guideline to keep my calories in line. My first day on it went really well and I must say that I enjoyed it.

Well, I am tired so I will check some emails and go to bed. I certainly hope everyone is doing well and that all is well. I'll read and catch up on what has been written here tomorrow.

Trish

Last edited by pattygirl63; 10-25-2007 at 10:27 PM.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:01 AM   #35  
Rapid Cart-wheels

S/C/G: 213/200/180

Height: 5'8

Good-night, sleep well.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:47 AM   #36  

Height: 5'1"

Good Evening Ladies!

This morning I got a call from work asking if I could come in early.....so that's what I did. Guess that's what I get for only being 5mins away eh? I don't mind the little OT.

Exercise is good! Last night I got my walk in. I had my headphones listening to Mika, had my book to read. After 30mins and over 2 miles.....my book was still closed. Hmmm....I must have been having one good day dream!! That time just flew! All my walks need to be that way.

Eating is so-so. Today I splurged on a couple Nachos at work. They had a Nacho bar (can you believe a Nacho bar??) I grabbed a few chips and some cheese and proceeded to eat them. But didn't over indulge. I've been so good and I don't want to mess it up over nachos. But I also didn't want to be craving them and later have a binge on something. So I had enough to tidy me over. Rest of the day was good.

I'm behind on my individuals....but I need to still get my walk in tonight and then shower and bed. I'm tuckered. I'm so glad that tomorrow is Friday!!! About time.

Ok ladies...have a good night! chat w/you all tomorrow.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:15 AM   #37  

Height: 5'1"

Well ladies, I'm back.

I just finished my walk and thought....I may not be online at all tomorrow since I'm going into work early and then hubby is coming home and I'd like to spend some time w/him. So....I thought this was a good time to do some catch up!!

Jane--Love the avatar! You're adorable!! You're doing so good w/staying OP with all the big things going on. I wish I had your strength. Now I do hope that you post some photos of Makenzie in her uniform! Sounds so cute. I need to find some photos of my DD to share.

Cristina--Are you having a lot of family getting together for Josh's homecoming? I'll have to find some photos of my brother when he was in Iraq. He was one of the boys that took down Sadam's head from the statue. I have that photo somewhere...if I can find it I will post it. I hope you have a fabulous time and give that boy lots of hugs from us girls!

Tammy--Good to see you. Don't sweat the 2lbs. You'll lose it during your dance outings! I'm glad that you're starting to feel better. Our weather has been damp lately. Of course it's Oregon so that's to be expected, but I honestly thought we'd have more rain already......not sure what to expect when it come to the weather any more!

Sassy--Hurray for new recliners! I've been telling hubby that I want a living room set. I want a couch, not a futon. Even though this is a spendy futon....I want a couch w/cushiony arms that I can lay on...not the same w/wooden arms from a futon! Plus, our recliner is a shabby hand me down too. Time for new. But who knows when we'd ever be able to afford it!

Jules--I'm sorry that work followed you home! Stop by when you have more time and chat w/us.

Kelton--Your post made me smile. My day WAS better than I expected, even though it was a toughy! How was your day and did you get some DGD time today??

Trish--Welcome back! Only gaining 1lbs during vacation is great!! When I go on vacation, I don't ever hold back. That's a big down fall on my part, but that's how I am. I just try to work extra hard once vacation is over. My next vacation is Thanksgiving week....well now.....I think I may have some trouble staying OP that week.

Hello to the rest of you gals! Please pop in and say hello when you get the chance.

Now I need to shower then get to bed. Sleepy. and I need to get up early. I probably won't be on tomorrow, but will say a quick hello if I am. It's quality hubby time.

G'night ladies!
Old 10-26-2007, 04:36 AM   #38  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Hi Chicks!

Hi Chicks.

Our new chairs are so comfy! Our cat LOVES them because now he can go from chair to chair sitting in our laps. My cat and I were sitting in my chair watching the waltons together. He was all sprawled out........lol

I was looking at some catalogs I got in the mail "dreaming" about our house we are going to get and how to decorate it.........I know it will happen, just have to be patient, but patience is something I don't have a lot of unfortunately! lol.

Also my mom had her interview today with her old boss and my mom has a new job starting Nov. 12th (would have been my Grandma's bday) and she is going to be making decent money. I'm so very happy for her.

Jane -- DH has already fallen asleep in his chair -- Wed. night while I was at work. lol.

Cristina -- Glad things are coming together for ya and I know Josh is going to have a great visit!

Jules -- Don't work too hard!

Marti -- OT is good esp now that Christmas is only less than 2 months away now! A co worker at work pointed that out to me yesterday morning. lol. I was like "Thanks" lol. You're doing fabulous darling on your exercising and eating, I think you did great by indulging just a tad on the nachos so you wouldn't have cravings. We were due for new furniture, we've never had new before, this is our first. We have a futon too, we use it for when my mom comes to visit. Its quite comfy. I was so happy to get rid of the crappy hand-me-down couch!

Big to those who need it right now and those who are MIA.

I hope you all have a Great Friday!
Old 10-26-2007, 10:32 AM   #39  
ugggg.....

Sassy--I'd like to get some new furniture too. We are almost to the end of the tunnel of debt. The mortgage is gone and the motorcycle & credit card consolidation loans are almost there. Then I guess we will do it again. We want to add a new family room on with a fireplace--hope to begin it in the spring and hubby wants a pool and jacuzzi. Does one ever really stay out of debt???

Marti--hope you are enjoying that quality hubby time!! Work will begin to ease off by the end of November and then Jan & Feb are the slow time so it will be better soon. It's just the yearly cycle of the job. The new lady that replaced the one that retired is picking up and getting faster everyday. You are doing so great on the exercise!!

Trish--sounds like you have a plan--good luck with it!!

Jane--you are such a beauty--both inside and out!! If I looked that good my pic would be my avatar!!! I put up one of Teri and Ry from the baby shower--Ry is such a goofball with the ballon under his shirt. I am so glad they get along. The ladies that I supervise appreciate me and that's all I care about. They are hard workers themselves.

Cristina--have fun with Josh--you are such a good little mom. You make everything so special for him when he is home. You are doing so good on staying op too. So proud of you!!

Kelton--your little granddaughter is so cute--can't wait to meet my grandboy!! I have to tell you that your little words of encouragement really do just that.

Tammy--big hugs to you too!! Glad to hear you are on the mend. A little over 8 weeks to the due date--which is XMAS eve girls!! It will be here before we know it!! Hard to believe, this year has gone SOOO fast!!

Well, my coffee is finished--time to go out to the grocary store and post offce!!

Last edited by jules1216; 10-26-2007 at 10:33 AM.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:03 AM   #40  

Good morning, ladies,

Trish - welcome home, and a big yay for being OP again. I mix Dr. Ozs advice with my WW points. I think lots of us tweak a program to suit ourselves since it's easier to stay OP that way. Good for you finding what works!

Marti - portion control is what it's all about, so you did good by taking care of your craving, and keeping it to just a small amount. Yes, I'll post a photo of Makenzie in her bastetball uniform. Her first clinic is Saturday. Enjoy your DH!

Kelton - hope you're having a good day.

Sassy - glad you and the cat are enjoying the new chairs, lol. And a big woo hoo for your mom's new job!

Julie - love your avatar! Too funny! Everytime I see newborn stuff for boys in the stores, I think about you. Much cuter that what they had available when our own sons were born, right?

Hello to anyone else reading this.

A note about Mindee - she hasn't checked in since 9/30, so about 2 weeks ago, I sent her a note via snail mail wondering if all was ok, and I haven't heard back from her. I notice she isn't posting with other clubs, either. If any of you happen to know what's going on with her, please PM me, ok? I think she probably just doesn't have access to the internet right now and will be back when she does. Thanks.

LOL about my avatar, because I took about 25 pictures until I finally got one that doesn't show just how round and fat my face actually is. Plus, since it's not up too close, you can't see my wrinkles as well. But thank you for the kind words, anyway.

All I plan to do today is the laundry. Then Makenzie is planning to spend the night after school, so I'm sure she'll keep me busy.

BBL,

Last edited by Jane; 10-26-2007 at 11:05 AM.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:48 AM   #41  
Rapid Cart-wheels

I don't know who has the son coming home from Iraq but I just wanted to say that I am very proud of your son for saving all our lives, keeping safe, and risking his life for our freedom & security. What a strong, guy he is, please tell him how very important he is to all of us ! PLEASE give him hugs & more hugs for me.

Is he coming home for R&R or is it the *real* trip home for good ?

I love all that you are doing for him !

I know since today is the day that you won't be on much thats VERY understandable.

I hope you get to spend a lot of time with him & hugging him, and giving him a lot of smooches on his brave little head, for all of us.

I can never thank him enough for what he is doing for us !!

Enjoy every moment that you share with him, because they really grow up way to fast.
I'm proud of you for being such a strong Mom and letting your son fight for all of our freeedom. Thank YOU !!! If I had joined earlier & new what was going on I would have sent you a card just for him.

Jane your avatar pic is beautiful ! You are a gorgous lady ! Thanks for sharing so I can see who I talk to. I was supposed to go down to IL/IN this weekend but things came up. Next time I am down that way we have to meet up for coffee/soda/food/chat, or whatever.

I wish there were people from KY here it would be nice to meet up & chat & share stories & encouragment and take lots of pix to share here so all could enjoy. So anyone that lives close to Northern Ky, or CIncinnati, or heck even Louisville, or FLorence KY lets try to meet up or something.

I didn't have my DGD yesterday (It was an emotional day & I knew I couldn't DGD all the attention & playfulness as normal),
Her mom (dd) was off today so don't have her today. I miss her when she is not here. But... even a Ma-ma-ma needs a day to herslef... as bad as I hate to admit it.

Called the new ACO to have one of my Rescued dogs pts.
He growled at DGD & acted as though he was going to snap at her.
I'm sorry as much as I love this particular dog, My DGD comes FIRST over any animals or anything.
I cried all day & was waiting to have it done & they said they were to busy...
My hubby (who normally does NOT like animals in the house, etc...) he called & said do not do it, just crate him whenever she is here (in different room) so they don't have a chance to get close.
My dogs know that when she is around she has the right to everything & they can either set & let her crawl on them , lay against them, etc and they let her... OR they can go lay down in different room if they don't want to bothered & that is what normally takes place. She is not allowed to hit, kick or anything, she pets *soft*.
Anyway, it will be alright.

I have to admit that when he growled and turned to snap at her, I leaped from the front door & tackled him & yes I beat him. I know it was bad to do (I never thought to do it, it just happened so fast I didn't even realize until I was on him & hitting him) but thats my DGD & he was never like this with her. I hit & punched & I just could not help myself. I know I am bad for it, but noone or nothing will hurt her under my suporvision !!!!!
but ... well anyway... just lots going on here & I keep losing 2 lbs & gaining it back over & over....
I know that the meds I am on make you gain huge amounts of weight & that is *most* (but not all) the reason it is so hard.
Never mind, life really sucks at times for everybody. This just happens to be my week/month for it.

Well I wasn't gonna post this, it just happens & then I realize it. I have to get a grip on my postings.

Hope evryone has a good Friday & weekend.

Sorry for those I missed, my head is in a whirl today & well, always
Please don't feel bad for me ... that is not why I posted, I just needed to vent cause I have noone here that I can really talk to, sorry.

Ok back to your regular chat.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:24 PM   #42  

Kelton - I'm proud of Cristina's Josh, too, and sent him a thank you card just today. About the dog, since he didn't actually snap at your DGD, the growl was probably just a warning. Does "pts" mean put to sleep? I totally understand how you want to protect your DGD, I'm the same way with all my DGKs. Maybe you could do as DH asks, and just crate the dog when your little sweetie is around. It would be sad to have him pts for his warning your DGD, if that's what it was. Just a thought. I'm sorry you're having such a struggle with weight loss. That's yet another thing I can totally understand. I spent months and months unable to get back on track, then <poof> one day, it all came together in my head once again. That's where weight loss is truly controlled, imo. Before you know it, it will happen for you. I hope your day gets better. But please come here and vent when you need to.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:04 PM   #43  
Rapid Cart-wheels

Jane,

Thanks .

HUbby wants to crate him then fine thats what i'll do , even though he does not help with any of the dogs etc, so I am with them more than anyone & know their actions etc.
I was an animals control officer so I know more about things than he does, but whatever hubby says goes.........always.

Never mind,........ we'll crate him & all will be great again.

I have too many other thigns to worry about.

I must go,

Have good day to all.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:43 PM   #44  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Ugh, what a day! Josh didn't come home after all the turd. He called me at the last minute and said he got the dates mixed up and he cant' come home until the 27th and then was supposed to return Nov 25th...just got the dates reversed. Needless to say the conversation was short as I had to get on the phone and computer to change the reservations and I did. Still an overnight trip but he will be home Sunday at 2:10 p.m. It works out fine and it has afforded me more time to do things without having to rush, lol. Decorated the big maple in the front yard with the yellow ribbons and the pathway lights...he is going to laugh when we drive up, lol! Ive got a couple more things to do and will do that tomorrow. I hope the balloons hold up until Sunday. That is the only bad thing about the wrong dates. The cake will be fine in the fridge. But yeah, Sunday is the day.

KELTON...thank you and I will tell him. Actually I will print what you wrote and give it to him. He is coming home, I want to say for good but it won't be. He was in Iraq for 15 months and is supposed to go to Afghanistan in a few months, ugh. But we will have hime home for a whole month! Lots of hugs to you missy about the dog and the weight. I am glad to hear that you guys will crate him rather than put him to sleep. But I can totally understand wanting to protect the little one. My niece was attacked when she was little and has a few scars on her face...thank goodness they are not too bad now. If she didn't point them out to you you would never have known but it was scary when it happened.

JANE...great avatar! I hear ya abotu the pictures, I do the same, lol. But we have to get the right angle...it's amazing how the wrong angle can make you look bad. And thank you about Josh! Glad you wrote MINDEE...I've been thinking about her and meant to write just been so busy it slipped my mind.

MARTI...no, no family coming. I would have loved to had a big party but we have no family here. His dads is in CA and mine are mostly in AR but my nephew is getting married this weekend so that supersedes anything else. Hope you fine the picture...would love to see it!

TRISH...glad you are home safely.

Hi to everyone else!

Need to get going, V will be home momentarily and I have a couple of things I want him to do...add some ribbons to the tree where me and DD couldn't reach, lol.

Talk to you ladies soon. Have a good weekend!
Old 10-26-2007, 11:45 PM   #45  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Hi Ladies.

Hi Ladies.

I hope everybody is doing well and BIG to those MIA right now, we miss you all.

Closed Thread