Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2002, 11:29 AM   #16  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default don't worry Viola

You may confuse me with Bagzoid anytime you want. I am honored. She has changed my life as I now grill meat on a regular basis. Certainly not trying to make you feel bad. Just that she's bigger than me and I'm sweeter.

So ... anyone use the Hollywood diet? Will it kill my liver? Will it be water weight. Will I even lose weight? Inquiring minds wanna no.
Old 01-17-2002, 02:26 PM   #17  

Default Where's Frappe when we need her?

She'd be able to tell you all about the Hollywood diet, Peaches. She's our Hollywood connection. And who really needs all those internal organs anyway? They just add pounds.

I'm so happy to see certain ppl come back to post. It was getting just a little too nice around here. Anyone heard from Lushy?

Bagzie, is it FlyLady or the cleaning lady that gets the credit for your clean house? I usually just delete FlyLady's messages, but I think she's crept into my subconscious because I find myself swiping the toilet and cleaning my sink on a regular basis. Now if she'd just come and tell me to quit eating like a piggy.

Sugar, how will I recognize Steve? I'd like a description please.

Bagzie, I remember going on my first diet when I topped out the scales at 132 lbs. Now that would be my goal weight.

Sugar, I gotta agree with you about facelifts vs. abdominoplasty. Now, I wouldn't object to just a little nip and tuck around the eyes and under the chin, though. Getting old is so hard on your ego. And why oh why do men look so distinguished with a little gray and a few smile lines around their eyes? I swear the DH just looks better for the extra mileage. No fair.
Old 01-17-2002, 04:02 PM   #18  
fatter than U

Talking Stevie!

Hmm.......let me see. The last time I saw the guy was 16 years and 30 pounds ago. 6'4", taffy-coloured hair (like Kiwi's but short and curly), blue eyes (I think- can't remember any more, now that I'm old) , big ears, chin dimple, kid hanging off each leg, wife walking two paces behind, mother-in-law in tow. Got that, Wabby?

Actually, he said I should send him a picture of ME to refresh his memory. Nothing like a little cyber flirt to liven things up, eh? I know, I'm a tart, but so is he.

Well, since Lush isn't here to tell me about the NJ Catholic nuns, I'll tell you about the ones here. Seems like two of them were teaching a religion class in Bavaria (where, like in the rest of Germany, church and state are not separated) and the kids were coming home every day frightened out of their wits, crying and not wanting to go to school again. Turns out these lovely ladies had been giving the "h*llfire and brimstone" talk and had told them that if they told a lie, the earth would open up right there on the spot and swallow them. Yipes! In addition, they ripped all the sex education pages out of a health and guidance book saying they were "smutty". They got fired. I think they moved to the Florida panhandle.

Isn't the Hollywood Diet all grapefruits and salami or something? I used to have a link to the Diet Debunkers site and that diet was on there. It works, but only because the calories are so low.
Old 01-17-2002, 04:08 PM   #19  
fatter than U

Default old men

You're right, Wabby, men do look better as they get older. Dh (who is actually a really great guy, even thought he stopped worshiping the ground I walk on about 5 yrs ago) just grew a beard at my suggestion and he looks soooo cute. Ten years younger, I swear (he's 39 now). I, on the other hand, am just getting flabbier and wrinklier. What gives?
Old 01-17-2002, 06:55 PM   #20  

Default See, the thing is....

that men can cover up all kinds of flaws with facial hair. And that looks soooo unattractive on women - the facial hair, that is.

Did I mention the DS is dating the GF again? And things had been going so well.

I'm going broke buying books at half.com. I just read "Blackbird" by Jennifer Lauck. It's autobiographical and it's a wonderful, touching, heart wrenching story about this woman's childhood. Geez. I just don't know how some people survive their childhoods.

Last edited by Wabby; 01-17-2002 at 06:59 PM.
Old 01-17-2002, 09:59 PM   #21  
cow with the double chin

Bagzzzz........you are so funny! Your messages keep me rolling on the floor. And hey, what's wrong with 250????

Peaches, I was in Walgreens this morning and they were talking about the Hollywood diet. The checker said you must stay close to home because of side effects. Is that true? Please tell.

Sugar P., congrats to you! Exercising? Getting results?

Kiwi, sorry about the Aunt. What a trauma for MIL. Yikes!!

Wabby dear, you asked me last time I posted if I had met any cute lawyers. Thing is, I just started iterviewing. I have been ill, ill, ill with whatever that nasty virus is that is going around. The ER nurses here are calling it the grunge. Plus...the thought of a realtionship....someone new????????? EGADS!!!!!! I am not ready for a new person to see these big ol thighs!!!!!

Warm wishes to the lot of you. I am seriously on track as of today. The freezer is stocked with chicken, fish, and veggies. You may not be able to get rid of me. I need some cows to hang with!!!!!!!

Tonites dinner was Salmon from Sam's Club (frozen) cooked on th Foreman grill (basted w/olive oil infused w/lemon juice and salt/pepper) broccoli, roasted baby red/yellow peppers, and rice cooked in chicken broth w/kidney beans and corn, with a tablespoon of calfornia chile powder.

Of course I had to have chilito!! The spiciness makes me less hungry.

Hope you don't mind me hanging out....if you do...tough. I will be here anyway!!! hee hee

~muffie
Old 01-18-2002, 03:12 AM   #22  
fatter than U

Talking Muffie!

Hi girl! Sounds like you're doing great, except for the flu - yuk. Hey, lotsa men like big ol' thighs, and women who can cook. Nice dinner - you've been watching Emeril again, haven't you?

Yes, actually the exercise seems to be working, if you can believe it. I actually WANT to exercise today. Perhaps I am June's evil twin?

I read "Blackbird" about a month ago, Wabby. Cried all the way through it.

DS and GF back together? - oh oh.

Sugar
Old 01-19-2002, 01:06 PM   #23  
Member w/ messiest house

Default No time to write

Hi, I have to go bake a cheesecake for DH's birthday (today) and go to a party. But I enjoyed reading all the lunacy here.

Here's what I gave DH: I had 20 of his shirts professionally laundered -- starched, folded, and in a box. You could say he was surprised. Looked like he got 20 new shirts. He'll love it, I think, getting out a brand new shirt everyday. Hope he doesn't expect it to continue...................... $$$$$$

Later gators, gotta to get ready for the hot tub. Yes, Tubby is going in the hot tub, hope I don't slosh all the water out.

Kiwi
Old 01-19-2002, 02:03 PM   #24  
fatter than U

Angry Yum

Just came back from eating Chinese food. Sweet and sour pork, crispy duck and everything else that makes you fat. I will NOT be getting into the hot tub this evening. Even if we had one.

Kiwi, darling! Judging by how many views our threads get, I'd say that other people enjoy our lunacy as much as we do!

See ya!
Closed Thread