Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2002, 10:47 PM   #31  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Hi all. I agree 100% with everyone about PARENTS! Please don't let me be like my mom to Drake. I phoned her one night last week and was telling her about this house and all she did was criticize and say, oh I wouldn't buy a townhouse and on and on about all the rotten things about buying a condo. I got off the phone and I felt so upset. I wanted to buy the place more than ever.

Not much new going on with the weight. I know I have gained but I think a lot of it is water as I tend to retain a lot when I am not drinking much. Also the exercise has been in the toilet due to all the snow we have had lately and today it was really really cold. Too cold to take the baby out for a long walk even if I bundled him up. If I am inside I feel like I should be working on the house so I do little bits here and there. I should be getting on my bike and have a good ride every day. My hubby is getting on my nerves big time with all the stuff with his work. Today he phoned and said he was figuring he was going to get fired as he was ready to tell someone to F-off. Well that just makes my day. Make me head right for the cookie jar. He didn't but everyday is the same. He comes home all grumpy. He worked all weekend and hasn't spent any time with me barely. Heaven only knows when we were in the bedroom for anything but sleep. He's either too tired or headachey or not feeling well or the baby is crying or something. I am getting frustrated and upset by all of this too. I am just waiting for him to start complaining about the lack of sex. It always seems to be my fault.

Sorry about the long vent there. Just seems like everything always comes down at once. I feel bad about not losing weight. I look back at the day around this time and I wonder what I was thinking, I ate too much and didn't exercise. My eating lately has been terrible. Not just only too much but way too many carbs. I'm not eating enough fruits and veggies that's for sure. I'm sure to die of scurvy!

Sue - your little girl is too cute! When did you start her on veggies and fruits? Drake is almost 5 months and we are still working on cereal. I was going to start him on veggies soon, what did you start with? Congrats on your weight loss, you are doing so great!!!

Geneve - our parents sound a great deal alike. Do you ever get a word out of your dad's mouth that isn't a criticism? That's what I feel like when I talk to my mom too. Don't give up yet!! You are doing so well sticking with your gym program, the scale will start to move, give it some time.
Old 02-05-2002, 01:18 AM   #32  

Barb, thanks for the tip about the brownies - great idea! I'm going to the store to hunt for some No Pudge mix tomorrow... :> I hope everyone in your house is feeling better... Were you sick too?

Jen, I totally sympathize about the exercise. I haven't exercised once since Christmas. I just can't seem to get off my butt and do it, and I don't even have an excuse, because my DH would give me time to do it if I wanted to. We have an exercise/weight machine in the garage. Man, when we all get in these doldrums, diet and exercise wise, I swear, as long as we get through them without gaining, it's still a victory.

Ouch, I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with DH. I hope it will pass soon - that his situation at work will improve. I totally hear you though - my DH is applying for new jobs right now with the FBI right now, and also as a Federal Air Marshall. I hope that he gets one of them, because he is absolutely MISERABLE where he is, and it's making me crazy.

Oh, I re-read my post about the veggies and fruits for Megan. I should clarify - she is eating baby food fruits and veggies, not 'real' fruits and veggies. If I put anything in her mouth besides mushy baby food and cereal, it just comes right back out. She's not ready for it yet. I started her on fruits and veggies about a week after the cereal. She didn't like the cereal plain. I started with applesauce, then gave her carrots, then sweet potatoes, then other fruits. It was so funny to see her reaction the first time she got something that actually tasted good. She was SO excited. I couldn't get it into her mouth fast enough. She is turning into quite a little butterball.

You should all post some pictures of your little ones, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see them...

Well, I'd better run.
Hugs,
Sue
Old 02-06-2002, 01:20 PM   #33  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hi everyone and thanks for the kind words. And yes, my father is a total jerk, which doubtless explains why he is living out a very lonely old age with his bitterness and bigotry to keep him company. C'est la vie.
Leo has conjunctivitis....he has there huge brown puppy dog eyes and long long lashes so it looks awful. Hope the eye drops work soon it's breaking my heart.
Went out to buy some new clothes today...my trousers are much loser, it's just the top half...there are 3 full sizes difference, so I have no hope of a dress.In fact I gave up after a while, I'm not overawed with the current fashions, it all looks very 1970's and I like very understated stuff...you know in my mind I'm Audrey Hepburn, but taller, and I just KNOW she wouldn't wear flares!
Can't go to the gym as Leo too contagious for the creche.
great diet day today though, too busy to eat until about 4.00 this afternoon, then DH made an inedible stir fry for dinner. I do feel the need for a custard cream with my tea though!

Adios, geneve
Old 02-08-2002, 09:08 AM   #34  
Jen

Hi all. My eating is so out of control it isn't funny. Also haven't exercised in ages. It has been so cold out I don't want to take Drake out for a walk. Yesterday when I could have taken him for a walk I was stuck at home as we had the living room/dining room windows replaced. I've made a decision to do SlimFast for awhile just until my eating gets back under control. My biggest problem is snacking when I am bored. If I can say to myself, you've had your Slimfast and you've had your scheduled snack so no more eating maybe I can stick to some sort of plan. I think I told everyone about the house thing, we are still thinking of selling so I'm working on the house too but my heart just isn't in it. I feel all out of whack. I was on a great schedule until all this started with the house and now I feel like I don't know what I am doing. Anyway I'm going to try to get back on track today. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Also keep your fingers crossed that my TOM gets going soon!!! My last pill was Saturday and I had a tiny bit of bleeding on Wednesday and a tiny bit this morning. I hope I'm not what I am starting to think. I've felt crampy a lot and certainly have been all PMS'y. It's way too soon to be thinking about another baby. I was thinking about that last night and this morning and boy did it make me depressed! Clearly it is too soon, so let's keep our fingers crossed!

Sue - I didn't figure you were giving Meg really fruits and veggies. Do you make your own baby food or buy it in the jars? I gave Drake rice, barley and oatmeal cereals first and just started him yesterday on sweet potatoes. The first bite, oh you should have seen the face, a real what in the heck was that face, but he ate it all and kept it down. Next on the menu is squash. The kid is eating healthier than I am. I guess that says it all.

Geneve - I'm so happy to hear that your pants are getting looser, see all that gym work is paying off! Hope Leo is doing better, poor little guy, is it giving him much pain?

Oh by the way the DH has been better, I don't know if it the people at work are not being such idiots or if he is caring less, who knows. I told him I can't understand why he gets so worked up, clearly they don't care nearly as much as he does about anything so why get crazy over it? Maybe he is finally taking my advice.
Old 02-08-2002, 01:25 PM   #35  
Jen

Hi all. Just thought I would post a quick update. I took a home pregnancy test and it was negative but still I have not had any more bleeding and still feeling kind of crampy. so I don't know what to think. I'm going to wait out the weekend and if still nothing I'm going to take another test. Something is definately going on. I'm feeling extremely freaked out though the negative test helped a little. Does anyone have any words of wisdom that might help? I normally start my period by the 3rd or 4th day after I take my last pill and this is the 6th day. I had a normal period last month. I'm going to go out for a walk and hopefully it will calm my nerves. Take care.
Old 02-08-2002, 01:51 PM   #36  
bc

Jen, I just read in a magazine that the false negatives from home pregnancy tests can be avoided if you follow up a full week after. I guess sometimes your body just needs time to produce the hormone. It was in a current magazine and I can look up the rates if you like...or point you to the magazine -just let me know.

I went to the doctor for a physical and they tested my blood. I guess all is fine now. The meds are working. I hadn't lost weight since the last time I went in November and I was bummed because I had been following WW (for the most part) for a month. The doctor said I just need to kick start my metabolism and grab exercise whenever I can. She suggested 10 minutes a few times a day would work.... and is better than nothing.

Today I am off because the kids are home and life is crazy, but I am going to be ontrack ASAP. I really need to do something! It is always so easy for me to be virtuous(sp?) after I have eaten something bad (pringles and cheese).........lets see if I can be good now.

Jen, I am glad your husband is doing better with work. It must be difficult with a baby, thinking you Might be pregnant, and a dissatisfied husband. Hang in there! Things will be better!

Geneve, those clothes fitting looser is the best sign! You are building muscle and that will help you. I want to get to that point and I think I have to make those small steps I am taking turn into bigger steps.

Isabelle is crawling and pulling up on everything! I think she might be testing our cleaning skills. She is moving around but she has no reasoning skills so everything goes into her mouth. My other kids were older by the time they moved around so they were more discriminating about putting things in their mouth. She is eating everything now too. She especially wants what I am eating. Salads are difficult to eat in front of her.

Everyone have a great weekend!

Barb
Old 02-08-2002, 03:05 PM   #37  

Oooh Jen, I'm holding my breath for you... Let us know when you know. One thing - when you've been dieting, I've heard that sometimes you can skip your period - especially if you're dieting drastically... Could that be it? About the baby food - I'm lazy, I buy the jars. Almost everything we eat in this house comes pre-packaged, lol. I'm not much of a cook. Do you make your own?

Barb, that's good about your meds working. I am sort of dreading the day that Meg starts crawling - I'll have to start being vigilant about keeping stuff up off of the floor. Luckily, she isn't really showing many signs of being ready to take off. She has just mastered sitting though, which is exciting. Isabella is pulling up on stuff? Ooh, scary - soon you will have a cruiser!!! :>

OK, this is totally NOT healthy eating (but I've never eaten healthy, and probably never will, so OH WELL), but I thought I would share the secret to the little bit of weight loss success I've had so far.... Fudgesicles. Seriously, they are only 2 points, so whenever I'm feeling snacky, I grab a fudgesicle. The kind I get are Schwans, and they are really creamy and take a long time to eat (because they are so cold), so by the time I'm done, I feel like I've actually eaten something. If it wasn't for fudgesicles, Blue Bunny crunch popsicles (ice cream coated with nestle crunch type chocolate - also 2 points), and Skinny Cows, I don't know if I would've lost anything. I'm too much of a snacker.

That is my sad, but true story. Have a great weekend everyone!

Sue
Old 02-08-2002, 03:51 PM   #38  

Hi everyone!
Jen...I've just been through a very similar thing but was so worried I was pergnant didn't write about it. I'm not, but I was very worried for a few weeks...I hadn't had a period since Leo (6 mths) and was feeling odd, a bit sick in the mornings (the power of negative thinking) I did a pregnancy test which was hard to interpret. Last weekend was desperate so did another...negative. Period next day, so DON'T PANIC!!!
Interested to hear about the slim fast as I have been thinking about it too, just for a few eeeks. I mean it's all very well, exercising like mad but I DO want to lose weight, and although I know full well faddy diets don't work long time, maybe for a few weeks it might shift a few punds and get me started.I'll think on it over the weekend!
I'm in culture shock...what is a fudgesickle?It sounds vile!!! I have to tell you I'm not sure about the food over the other side of the pond, especially what you call cheese...and the bread all tasted sweet! My sister in law makes us take over a suitcase full of English bread, cheese, chocolate and twiglets (a kind of chip) when we go to New York!!Mind you, your ice cream is dangerously addictive!
Have ahappy weekend everyone!
Geneve
Old 02-08-2002, 08:33 PM   #39  

ha-ha-ha-ha

It's a popsicle - frozen ice cream type treat, but it isn't ice cream. Chocolate flavored. Really very good. Not a diet food, a regular dessert type food.

LOL..........
Old 02-09-2002, 11:00 AM   #40  
Jen

Hi all. Thanks for everyone's support. I haven't been dieting drastically that would alter my period but geneve you give me a little hope. I wish that I would get my period!!! We are going crazy thinking about it. I still feel really crampy and last night started having those pulling sensations when the uterine ligaments start stretching. Also call me crazy but I think I am having breast tenderness. I am going to wait out the weekend and take another test first thing Monday morning. Then I'll be on the phone to the dr one way or the other. If I am pg then I'll have to start the prenatal visits, if not then I need to know what is going on down there. I'm thinking of a lot of things that could make me not have a period and all of them are not good. I'll let you know on Monday what happens. Take care all.
Old 02-10-2002, 04:07 AM   #41  

sue, I have never heard of such a thing...we have lollies (frozen orange etc) and we have ice cream but not this...maybe I should start importing them and make my fortune! Shame you can't send them over the net!I'll have to look out next time I'm in the States.
DH and Ted are off to nets...cricket practice, traditional warm up to the season, which I am dreading ths year. A game of cricket starts in the afternoon and carries on past my kids bed time, every Sunday through the summer.The team he plays for rarely win, and last year he broke two fingers, which is a bit of a problem for a systems bod! In effect it turns the weekends into one day for me. AND I'll be in trouble woth the priest for not bringing Ted to church on Sundays, but how can I make him do something his Father won't?
I'm such a moaner sometimes aren't I???
Anyway, some good news, I lost a couple of pounds this week. At last.Long may it continue.
Jen, the more you worry the longer the delay.....
Oh well,time to get on
Geneve
Old 02-10-2002, 08:49 AM   #42  

Oh...and I measured, in 2 weeks have lost 1/2 inch from my waist and 1 inch from my hips. Probably put 5 on my bust!!!
Anyway 68lbs to go and then I'll be buying a bikini!
Jen, hang on in there...you and I seems to have much in common, and I know it's horrible to be stuck inside in the cold weather, but I know you can do it. Don't let everyone else make you fat! I wish I could make my parents/husband/kids do the 'stress' eating every time they get on my nerves...they'd all be the size of houses and I'd be skinny!I know in my heart of hearts that if I beat this it will be so good for me, I will be showing them that I have control of my life...it's a cliche but those extra pounds can be a shield.So come on Jen, a few sit ups and some of Sue's popsicles and let your husband and parents do their own worrying and bullying.
You'll soon be jogging round the mall in your shorts!
Old 02-11-2002, 06:56 AM   #43  
Jen

Morning everyone. Just wanted to let you know what happened with my last test. I did it this morning first thing when the hormone levels are supposed to be the highest and it came back negative. So I have to believe that I am not pregnant but something else must be going on for me to have this cramping and lower back pain. I'm going to phone the dr first thing and get a blood test done just to be sure and get an appointment. I'll keep you updated.

Geneve - what great news about you losing some inches!! I'm doing a lot better that my previous posts. Saturday night I got some energy and did a lot of tidying up around the house which really improved my mood.

Sue - that's a great idea with the fudgesicles, maybe I'll have a go with that too.

I've been doing the slimfast successfully for the past 4 days so I'm hoping that I'll see some results soon. I'm going to get out for my walks again too, I don't care what is going on with the house, getting my exercise is so much more important!! If I can't walk because of the cold I'll bike inside but one way or the other I'm going to exercise.

Take care all.
Old 02-11-2002, 03:12 PM   #44  

Pleased for you Jen.
Do you get hungry with the slimfast?I looked at it in the shops but didn't want to buy any!
Went mad at the gym today, 15 minutes rowing 32strokes + per minute, 20 minutes uphill on the bike, 100 sit ups of various sorts plus 20 on most of the machines.
Leo woke me up at 4.00am and DH was useless in the night and grumpy all day before. I was in such a bad mood I had plenty of anger to work off! Imagine I won't be able to walk tomorrow!
Old 02-12-2002, 07:06 AM   #45  
Jen

Hi all. Well I hope that negative was a definate negative as I was still having a bit of cramping last night and was sick to my stomach. Not actually throwing up but feeling like it a lot. I never get sick like that so when I do I know there is something wrong. I called the dr yesterday and she wasn't in and the woman I talked to on the phone was really no help. She told me just to continue on with my pills and wait and see what happens next month. I think that was very poor advice because if I am pregnant I shouldn't be taking the pills . Also I don't want to wait a whole month to find out. I'll be a nervous wreck the whole time. I tried to explain to her that I've been taking the pill for 16 years and never ever missed a period like this except when I was pregnant. Well I am actually going to go to the dr's office today and talk to someone else. I'm sure that they can set me up with a blood test. Just because I had two negatives doesn't mean anything. It could just be that it is too early and the level of the hormone isn't very high yet. I know those tests are very sensitive but still you never know. I want a definate NO from a blood test and I want a pelvic exam to see why I am having this cramping. For all I know I have some kind of infection or cyst or something.

Geneve - yes I do get hungry on the slimfast but I make sure that I have some lowfat snacks. Also I probably eat a bit more than what they recommend. I have a slimfast in the morning with a banana, apple for a morning snack, slimfast at lunch, yogurt and graham crackers for snack and then dinner. Usually we eat dinner later in the evening but with this I have to eat by 6 or 7 at the very latest or I am so hungry I will eat anything. good work with the gym, you are doing so well at that, keep it up!!

Is anyone watching the Olympics? I watched the ceremonies Friday night and have been catching it off and on since. I went and bought a hat like the Canadian atheletes wore in the opening ceremonies. Apparently Roots designed the costumes for Canada, USA and Great Britain. They sell the USA stuff too in the Roots store in Toronto. Very nice stuff but terribly expensive.
Closed Thread