Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 10:47 AM   #46  
RosieKate

Good morning!

Well, I could have gone to the gym this morning , but where's the fun in that, lol. I figure I'll get a nice walk in. I'm appreciating fresh air more since I have been cooped up with L all week. The drugs have been doing their job and she is feeling much better. Thanks for all the get well wishes. I am keeping her away from civilization through the weekend as an extra precaution. DH is home, so I can get out and walk, buy groceries, etc.

Tried the Neti Jar. It is not as weird as I thought it would be and it really does keep my sinuses cleaned out. It feels quite refreshing. I even got my son to do it. If I can get him to do this daily plus take his vitamins he will be in great shape to fight the petri dish of germs that is his classroom.

Sassy - so sorry the job didn't work out - hopefully that means there is something better around the corner. hope your grandpa is able to be comfortable and can get throught this next hurdle smoothly. I want to see what you look like in your hot new glasses

Susan- what kind of surgery...sorry you have to go through that. Is it related to the anemia you been battling? When's AR? You're probably there right now...I'm kind of lost on the time-space continuum ...

Cristina - I think the Neti Jar is definitely worth a try. I do it 2x a day and it flushes out all the pollen and dust that are in the nasal cavity. The NP also said to get the carpets and ducts cleaned. Don't put day clothes on the bed (lots of pollen being carried around on clothing). Get dust mite covers for the bed and pillows. Hmm, what else, oh she said to consider showering at night so I don't go to bed with all the pollen and dust in my hair and on my skin. I tried that and I don't think that's going to work - too used to getting cleaned up in the am. It helps me wake up. I'll have to keep you posted on the NP's suggestions because I am seeing her to get off of allergy meds - want to manage my allergies naturally. WTG on the sexy calves! Are you boot shopping yet? I was poking around on the web as I would love some boots, but my calves are still along the tree-trunk variety. They are a bit smaller than they were, but not where I would feel comfortable shelling out 100s of bucks on a pair of boots.

Still wrapping my brain around going dairy and caffeine free. I've been pretty dairy free already so that's not such a leap, but caffeine is my drug of choice - WAAAA! Also, she'd like to see me back on the Zone, which is a plan I'm very familiar with, but not in a dairy free kind of way. In fact, it seems to me to have quite a bit of dairy. She says she can make that part easy so we'll see. I'll start doing the block thing again and see how it goes. Does anyone here know of a thread or forum on 3fc that is for Zoners? I checked over at low-carb, but that's a bit of a misconception about the zone, imo. It's low starch, but lots of produce...not the same at Atkins at all really. Anyway, just thought I would throw that out there and I'll do some poking around myself. zonelivingdotcom has some good forums, but no one seems to be lactose intolerant over there....

Whew - bit longwinded today...have a great weekend everyone!

Old 10-06-2007, 12:07 PM   #47  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good day, ladies...

SUSAN...you are probably on your way to AR by, or to the airport and won't see this...but have a safe and happy trip!

SASSY...so sorry to hear the bad news, both of your grandpa and the job. Try not to be so down, I know that is easier said than done. He could always apply other places if you guys are really wanting to move. Lots of hugs to you

KATY...I am going to have to try the Neti Jar...and maybe get DS to as well. His allergies are A LOT worse than mine. It would be nice to not have to take any meds. Glad L is getting better, hugs to her. Funny you mention showers at night...that is exactly what I've been doing since I started walking. Thanks for all the tips/info...I really appreciate it. Ha, I don't know if my calves are sexy, lol...but I am liking them. I would love a new pair of boots! I have a pair that are a couple of years old...still good though so they will have to do for now, lol.

Hiya everyone else

Got my walk in and nothing really on the agenda for the weekend. I plan on having a read fest...lots of reading to catch up on. I am dying to go to the book store, the used book store, but I promised myself I wouldn't until I catch up and read what I have...that will never happen of course...eventually I will get everything read but I have too many books to read.

Have a good weekend ladies!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 10-09-2007 at 11:47 AM.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:36 PM   #48  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking When You Girls are Right, you are RIGHT!!!

HI GIRLS!

Yes that is me with a SMILE on my face! When you ladies are right, you are RIGHT! All of you saying that the job in Indiana, just wasn't meant to be and that maybe something else would come along? Well it did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DH just called me, I was sleeping as I didn't sleep really well, but anywho, on his way into work he got a phone call, from his old boss from our college!!! When we were finishing up our degrees there, Our Dept. Chair got DH a work-study position at our college, at that time, we had just moved back from NY and DH was jobless so he took the job so we'd have some income at least. Well they tried to get DH on full-time, but at that time we had a witch of a Dean who insisted on all teachers having Bachelors Degrees, DH has two associates + loads of on-the-job experience, but the Dean at that time did not care, she wanted the Bachelors Degree, well soon after that DH got his current job he is at now, so we never pursued it anymore.

Well now our college is totally changed, for the better. It is under different management and has been completely remodeled and yes a different Dean! So now they count on-the-job experience as equilivent to a Bachelors, along with his two associates! Its just like when they give celebrities "honory degrees" as their work experience has equaled the degree or even more, same thing here. I guess DH's old boss has been trying to find DH's # for over a year now and finally found it! What timing, eh????!!!! lol. I swear if I see that man I am going to hug him! lmao!

So DH thought that he could start this part-time to see how it goes and it would bring in extra income for us that we can stash away for our down payment for a house!!!

Then of course if all goes well, he could go to teaching full-time! He just wants to be sure before leaving his current job, which I understand. Schools, even Colleges are not known for their stability at times! Case in point the job that he was just turned down for. Seems like they change their minds every other second! lol.

But at least DH would be doing what he wants to do -- Teaching and not sure if part-time employees have this benefit, but I know full time ones do, if he is working there, we can go to school there for FREE! Since they have totally remodeled and changed, they have A LOT more to offer now, so if I can go for free, I may go for a 3rd Degree or a Bachelors!

Anywho, I just wanted to say THANKS to everybody here, when you all are right, you are RIGHT! I'm so glad that I found this site and have made such great friends! I know I haven't been as successful as some on the weightloss journey, but like you all said, weightloss isn't all about losing the weight, its also the support you need along the journey as well.

BIG BIG to you all!!!
Old 10-06-2007, 09:51 PM   #49  
RosieKate

Sassy - a big congrats on your great news!!! It's really true...when one door closes, another opens....

Old 10-07-2007, 07:36 PM   #50  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

TY Katy!
Old 10-08-2007, 03:09 PM   #51  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

SUSAN...hope you are enjoying your long weekend!

SASSY...lots of hugs and CONGRAT'S! And ditto what Katy said!

Hiya KATY

Nuthin going on here today. Went to the park and just didn't feel like walking this a.m. Went later than usual and slept in because it was raining so maybe that was the reason, don't know...walked 15 mns and then left, lol. By the time I got home I was all motivated for some reason and had a burst of energy...go figure, lol. So I did 5 miles, woohoo! Really feeling energized now! Getting laundry done today and did some straightening of the house. It was so nice and cool I opened the windows to air the house out and get it cool in here. The temp went from 75 to 71 and it feels great!

Hoping all is well with everyone...have a great day ladies!
Old 10-09-2007, 11:48 AM   #52  
One day at a time

Just droppin' by to say HI

Happy to say I am down a pound, woohoo. I was hoping for 2 but what the heck...every little bit adds up right?

Hope everyone is having a good week so far!
Old 10-09-2007, 06:58 PM   #53  
kitty Momo

Greetings from Little Rock

Congrats on the weight loss Cristina!!

Why is the lords name would you want to go without coffee Katy??? In the land of the Ozarks they have no Starbucks - can you imagine?? I did see a billboard sign for one coming into LR and I almost wanted to jump out of the car - haha......

So, the surgery is to cut out the eroded esophugas (sp) and I guess that helps the anemia. I had my blood taken last Thursday and haven't gotten back the results yet.

anyway - just hopped on the hotel's computer - guess I will go back to my room and do something - lol .....can't imagine.

I think I have done pretty good on my eating. Though one night grandmother made *Gaby's food* of french fries and chicken nuggets w/ 3 dips.......you know......what the heck...I enjoyed it.

We went to this Cracker Barrel today and I had beef stew and corn bread. - yum.

better get - Hi to everyone!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 10-09-2007 at 11:53 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:22 PM   #54  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

OMG Susan...Cracker Barrel is our very favorite place...but there isn't much "light" food. DH loves biscuits and gravy. Oh, they do have a low carb menu and some nice salads. Hope you are having fun. I hate to hear that you need surgery.
Cristina- Way to go on the loss. You are so busy and doing great with the exercise. I am trying to get back at it....gotta move that scale.
Sassy- Good news...that's terrific.
Katy- Good luck on the dairy and caffeine....I went caffeine free a few years back and found I sure sleep good. LOL Mine was cut out due to poor circulation, so that will be another benefit.

Doing okay here...I stayed at 167....I am going to try to move the scales this week. I have been biking again and today was cooler, so felt good. Mom has had several good days and tomorrow is Dr. day, so we will see what the new verdict is. I know she has lost another 5 pounds and that bothers me. She has lost 20 so far and is only 125 now. She can't stand to lose anymore.
Good hump day tomorrow........
Old 10-09-2007, 11:58 PM   #55  
kitty Momo

Sue - Happy Belated Birthday! I did spy the salads but stew sounded so good and it was - especially with some corn bread. I figure I am going to be a week behind getting back down to 170. I am sure I inched back up with this trip.

We did walk over to the airport from the hotel, so it felt good to move the body. lol......whatEVER.....stay at 167 and I will catch up!! It might motivate me....haha

k- back up to my room. I can't sleep. chat at you all later.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 10-09-2007 at 11:58 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:08 PM   #56  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

SUSAN...hope you are getting out of that room and doing something. Another one that likes Cracker Barrel...it is a bad place to go eat, lol. I see about the surgery...thought it was something to do with the esophagus, ouch.

SUE...keeping my fingers crossed for your moms dr visit...hope the news is GREAT news! You'll get back on track in no time...right now you have a lot of stress and we all know what stress does to us!

Hi to everyone else, SASSY, KATY, KATHY and anyone reading this.

Just sitting here wasting time while the guys stain the fence...I should say treat because it's more of a preservative rather than a stain with color. It is supposed to protect the fence for up to 5 years...should for what it's costing, YIKES!

Went for a 3 mile walk around the neighborhood. I love this fall weather because it is so cool I don't have to get up at the crack of dawn and walk...can wait a little later which is what I did. Anywho...

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 10-11-2007, 01:47 PM   #57  
kitty Momo

Good Morning All -

It is wonderful to be back home!! The plane ride from Houston to PDX was long. Gaby was a sweetie and slept part way and colored the rest. She was so good.

Arrived home and my place was a mess. Rach had gone in and partied Friday night. She was suppose to have cleaned and I guess she did but it was still a mess. So, I spent the afternoon washing and cleaning - pooped at at 6:30 / Gaby and fell asleep. Woke up with my contacts still in!! lol Dried out to say the least.

Gained back up to 174 but think I can get in down in a few days so won't change the ticker.Starting to fret if I am going to lose anything for October. Argh....

I did have some oatmeal for breakfast and think I will grab a salad for lunch. It is so hard to be a guest in someones house and eat the things you want to.*wah *wah.....ok, get my fat butt in gear and stop moaning.

Best get just wanted to say hello to you all!!
Old 10-11-2007, 04:27 PM   #58  
One day at a time

Glad you are home SUSAN! 4 pounds isn't too bad...you will have that off in no time! You are right...hard to eat the way we should when you are at someone else's house.

HI to everyone else

Gotta go the dog is going crazy barking at me cause he needs to go potty, lol!

Have a good one ladies!
Old 10-11-2007, 04:35 PM   #59  
kitty Momo

Tell the dog he/she needs to wait Cristina!I wanted to chat with you.

I had albacore and low fat cottage cheese for lunch - going to make the girls and myself some pork chops and veggies for dinner.

HAPPY to be home - yippppeeeee. Being w/. the ex was a challenge and being around his mother was ok, very nice lady with a house full of gadgets.

chat later!!
Old 10-12-2007, 03:29 PM   #60  
One day at a time

Well I am just glad you are back Susan! How was your trip? Did you get out and see anything, not that there is much to do in LR/AR, lol. I bet it was a challenge with the ex.

Yeah, that dog is weird, lol. He was demanding to be taken out. And when he gets that way he must really need to go, lol. He will run circles and bark, lol...love that dog!

Hello to everyone wherever you are Hoping all is well with you in your little corner of the world.

Nothing much going on with me. Not sure what is up with me but I didn't do any exercise today and I slept late. I think I ran myself ragged, lol. My foot is hurting as well but I think it's the shoes I have been wearing. I washed my walking ones and had to wear these and they are not the best to walk long distances. Had to break down and buy some new ones and me not liking to shop ordered them online so they should be here any day. I just got the same thing I had because they have served me well, a lot of miles walked in those shoes. Anywho...will get back to it tomorrow for sure. I might give in and do my 2 mile WATP but doubtful...I am just taking it easy.

Had some errands to run and then threw some seed in the back...had some bare spots and now is the perfect time to grow grass. That's about my day. Tomorrow DD and I are headed to a tour of old victorian homes downtown. They are opening up about 5 to go thru so we thought we would do that. We love looking at those old homes and hearing the history...hopefully some ghosts stories, lol.

Take care ladies and I will chat with ya's tomorrow
Closed Thread