View Poll Results: If my baby's gender is obvious @ my dr's visit, should I find out what I'm having?
YES!!! 5 55.56%
NO!! 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 09:12 PM   #16  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Yes girls, you read that weight right and no, I did not have a c-section. Enough said as I don't usually tell labor stories to those who are preggers.

Gayle ~ "Your such a tiny thing too!" Thank you dear...you made my day!

Dee ~ The weather man posted our first frost advisory for the season tonight. It's supposed to get down to 35 tonight!
Old 09-16-2007, 07:19 PM   #17  
Janice

Dee- Sounds like Dez is having a blast. Good for her!
We closed our pool last weekend. I have been working all week and this weekend and the weather has not been very warm. I was swimming on Saturday and the pool was closed on Sunday.
My Sheba has been going down hill for quite a while. I now have to carry her outside, she is incontinent where ever she is. I have to hand feed her. Last week she was choking and I hard to give her the hemlich to dislodge the food. Her teeth are bad, she is deaf and blind. It is such a hard thing to come to terms with. She is 14 1/2 and 85 years dog years. I love her soo much it is breaking my heart. She is getting stuck everywhere and my house is all scatter mats and cushions around everything. She still manages to get herself into problems. I have done a lot of soul searching and know that for her sake it is time to put her to sleep. I will be taking a couple of ativan and I will give her the tranquilizers at home that they would usually give her at the vet. Gayle - help me please. Tell me I'm doing the right thing.

Old 09-16-2007, 08:01 PM   #18  
Losing it!

Oh Janice, my heart brakes for you. I know Sheba is your dear friend and part of your family, but you can't ask her to stay here on Earth with you when her quality of life is far from what it use to be. Try to be strong, Janice and know when you are giving Sheba the pills you are celebrating her life to some extent and she will no longer be suffering like she is now.

I sent this to Shelley when she lost Brutus, I hope you can find some comfort in the poem.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
Old 09-16-2007, 10:27 PM   #19  

Gayle that poem brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for being so thoughtful.

Janice I understand what you are going through. Just in the last week my little Amigo has lost his hearing and he was at the vet a week ago with an eat infection and an ulser on his eye. I am hoping that his hearing will return. His eye should have improved with the meds but it has only gotten worse. I am hoping that he will not go blind and deaf. I know that if he does I will be in the same dilema as you are Janice.

We closed our pool yesterday and it was hot enough today to swim.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:12 AM   #20  
Janice

Thank you Dee and Gayle. I know this is the right thing but my heart is breaking.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:17 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Janice~We had to do the same with our CC 2 years ago. As heartbreaking as it was at the time, we knew it was time. She was deaf (had been for years) was incontinent and was suddenly unable to walk. If she was able to get to her feet, she couldn't steer right and would end up face first in a corner--unable to turn around. She started to cry. She knew something wasn't right. That last night, I was up with her 4 or 5 times--awoken each time by her cries. It just wasn't fair to try to keep her alive any longer--she was suffering. She is in a better place now and we have moved on ourselves. It is a difficult decision to make, but one that we as rational people have to do for the sake of our loved fur friends.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:12 PM   #22  
Janice

Thank you Allison. Sheba is doing all those things. standing in corners, falling down, can't eat by herself or drink without me holding her up. I know it is the right thing. I have taken two ativan and am still crying my eyes out. It is 1:10 right now her appointment is for 2:00. She will be out of pain soon and able to see, hear and run again.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:17 PM   #23  

Janice my heart goes out to you. I know that this is going to be tough but you are doing the right thing . I will say a little prayer for Sheba and you just before 2:00.

Love you.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:32 PM   #24  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Janice ~ I know it is a hard decision to make, but you are doing the right thing for Sheba. We went through the same thing with our sheltie in March. I miss her terribly, but I know in my heart that we did the right thing for her.
My thoughts and prayers are with you today!

Last edited by SuzyMc; 09-17-2007 at 01:32 PM.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:28 PM   #25  

Janice-My prayers to you. I have the poem Gayle posted in my bedroom and every now and then read it and think about my beloved Brutus. It is very hard, but Sheba will stay in your heart forever....
Old 09-17-2007, 04:41 PM   #26  

Janice,
Old 09-17-2007, 06:07 PM   #27  
Losing it!

Hugs Janice... my you find comfort in knowing you did everything you could for Sheba and her time here was spent with a loving family who she loved dearly too. Prayers sent sweetie, Sheba can now be at peace and is free of pain.

Love you, Gayle
Old 09-17-2007, 07:25 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

Sending hugs, Janice. My you find comfort knowing you are doing the right thing and Sheba is free of pain.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:37 PM   #29  

Janice I know it is going to be tough for the next while but know in your heart you did what is best for Sheba. You loved her with all your heart and she loved you back. Hugs to you.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:37 PM   #30  

Where did everyone go today?

It sure is great to know that there are someone that cares when we have troubles. You ladies are great!
Closed Thread