Old 09-26-2007, 12:46 AM   #136  
Domestic Engineer

Hey everyone

Well, I'm feeling like i'm back in the game. I've had 3 good food days in a row and have started back up doing t-tapp and walk/running on the treadmill. Feeling committed so this is good, lol.
jelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 06:22 AM   #137  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:02 AM   #138  
Onward and Downward

Okay . . . I'm back and I've calmed down a little. Had coffee; wrestled the garbage to the curb; fed everybody; -- and banished the nasty scale to the corner.

After three days of reading 226 . . . now that it is my official weigh-in morning, he had the audacity to register 228 AGAIN . . . we have been doing this same routine for two month's now. Let's see how he likes standing face to the wall for a while. He won't be coming out until the end of the month -- I know, it's not far off -- but it is a Sunday (usually one of my low days). Maybe this will at least break the pattern of the personal vendetta he has going for me. Then he will return to the corner until the end of October (a Wednesday ) Hopefully Mr. Scale will learn some manners by then.

Other than that, SSDD for me -- hope everybody else is having a great one -- See you later . . .
Old 09-26-2007, 01:48 PM   #139  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Hey Lori, good for you making wise food choices! Eating out is a HUGE thing in our family. I don't know why, but for some reason on the weekends we don't cook. I can only imagine how much better I'd be doing if I did stay home...just my hubbys crazy schedule that we've grown accustomed to. But like you, I do make good choices, eating out doesn't always necessarily mean you have to eat bad.

Linda,
for pete sake..change your weigh in day girl! I'd so claim that 226! Perhaps your body is in the same rut week after week, have you tried mixing things up a bit?

Hi Emily! Good for you staying OP for 3 days! It just takes one day at a time. Don't worry about yesterday or tomorrow...focus on the here and now...you'll make it!

I'm having a pretty productive morning so far. I got my child off to school on time, went and did my workout at Curves and managed to pick up a lot of healthy things at the grocery store! Now I have to decide what I want for lunch..hehehe! So many choices, so little time and calories...

Anyways all, have a great day!
TTFN!

Last edited by LadyLai; 09-26-2007 at 01:48 PM.
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 04:01 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 204/191/155

Height: 5'8"

OMG Linda....I am cracking up after reading your post. You are so funny. I never thought of it, but I think my scale has it out for me too-LOL!! I needed a good laugh today. I am getting sick....yuck! Think it may be bronchitis, not sure yet. The good thing is that my throat hurts, so I'm not eating much. I'm going to weigh myself in the morning. If I don't like what it says I'm going to put it in "time-out", like Linda!!! Thanks for the posts girls!!
staffingchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 05:13 PM   #141  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Hi everyone. Leaving tomorrow for a 4 day trip - eek!! Hoping to stay in control. We are going to Niagara Falls for our wedding anniversary. At least you go to the Falls for the scenery and not the food (unlike New Orleans!).
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 05:32 PM   #142  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Hey ladies, sorry I haven't been around much lately. Time has a way of getting away from me right now. We are in prep mode getting ready for my husband to deploy. He will be leaving in about 25 days and it seems like there are a million things to do before he leaves.

My scales are still holding out at 230 but I am not too upset with that. Considering we haven't eat at home much in the past 2 or 3 weeks I think not gaining is a good thing. I do want to start loosing again and am determine to get back into the groove, but .............Well for one, I just don't want to take an hour out of my evening with my hubby to go walking and he is always too tired in the evenings to go with me so I have been just spending some time with him. But since I am the Coordinater for our Family Readiness Group I have come up with a good activity for us wives to do while the guys are in Iraq. We will walk to Iraq and Back. From where we are it is 7016 miles to Iraq, we are going to each walk everyday and keep a log as to how far we walk, when we meet monthly we will all total everyone's distances and see if we can walk all the way to Iraq and then back before the guys return. I am kinda excited and since I am so competitive I know I will want to do more than the others.

Well time to get to work, hope everyone has a good evening.
RRVMMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:18 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 204/191/155

Height: 5'8"

Robbin - your post just brought a tear to my eye. I guess I am just overly emotional today! That is so awesome what you and the others are doing while your loved ones are away. It's nice that you are doing something so positive, and it will definitely help with your weight loss. Keep us posted - it will be nice to hear your progress. Good Luck!
On another note.....hopefully the scale is kind to me in the morning. I'll post again tomorrow. Have a fabulous evening. Chat Soon.
staffingchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 06:12 AM   #144  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Up way to early this morning -- had my coffee -- wondering what to do next. At least the scale is still safely in the corner having his little 'time-out'. So I can't even rant about him. Exercise on Thursday is usually a "shop 'til you drop" with my buddy LouLou; but today it just might be "clean the garage" instead. Will see how things feel once I find out what the weather is going to be like. It is only now starting to get light out there.

Hope you all have great plans for the day . . . see you later . . .
Old 09-27-2007, 12:36 PM   #145  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Angela, sorry to hear you're getting sick. I hope it's something that you can recover quickly from. Good luck on your weigh-in!!

Lori, Niagra Falls is so beautiful! Enjoy your trip and Happy Anniversary!

Robbin, your tactic to keep your spirits up while hubby is deployed is a wonderful idea! Wow, I'm excited for you! I wish you all the strength and positivness that there can be while your hubby is gone.

Linda
, shopping till you drop is surely exercise. A lot of great walking and you don't even know you're doing it. Have fun!

I finished my workout for the day already. Did a whole house sweep yesterday, bathrooms, dusting, vacuuming, laundry..blah blah blah. Now all I have left is a mountain of ironing..blahh!

Have an awesome day!
TTFN!
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:51 AM   #146  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Did both the garage shovelling and the mall crawling yesterday . . . boy was I feeling proud of myself . . . then I blew all the great calorie burning by eating a whole 600 calories of Cote d'Or, 86% cocoa, chocolate . . . tasted awfully good mind you.

Weather today is raining. Supposed to clear up again sometime tomorrow afternoon and be good for the rest of the weekend. So far everything is pretty good with my world . . . did my morning exercises -- deep (better call that shallow) knee bends and some upper-body strength moves -- followed by protein pancakes for breakfast.

Nothing too exciting on my agenda for the day . . . how about you?
Old 09-29-2007, 10:04 AM   #147  
Onward and Downward

Hi out there . . .
Old 09-30-2007, 07:39 AM   #148  
Onward and Downward

Hi there . . . it's Sunday . . . looks like I'm talking to myself again . . . have a great day, gang. See you later . . .
Old 09-30-2007, 10:35 AM   #149  

S/C/G: 245/188/160

Height: 5'5"

Yeah, I've hit the plateau several times, most currently my weight now (187-188) IT WON'T GO DOWN! Though, I've been relapsing a tiny bit--I still exercise an hour a day or so, walk everywhere instead of driving, eat healthy, etc. etc. Except I keep having more and more "naughty" days. I should be happy I'm not gaining weight, just staying the same, BUT STILL lol. It's extremely frustrating, especially since I have this goal I want to reach and it looks like it's not happening
santamonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:13 AM   #150  
Onward and Downward

Okay, Chickies . . . welcome to OCTOBER . . . I love this month. Let's all try to make it one of our best ever.

Hi there SANTAMONICA . . . to the group and also. We will all be looking forward to getting to know you better as we travel down this long and sometimes very bumpy road to better health and fitness.

I'm promising myself that I will get moving this month -- as many of you know I really abhor exercise. But I think my magnificently quick weight loss this year (13 pounds in 9 months - give me a break) reflects the fact that I've come as far as I can without getting into a regular exercise routine. Soooooo, yesterday I ordered two new 'toys' . . .

(1) . . . http://www.theshoppingchannel.com/pr...929_TonyLittle

(2) . . . http://www.theshoppingchannel.com/pr..._070929_UrbanR

Now all I have to do is (well, after they arrive in a couple of weeks) use them. Actually, as I was doing a little bouncing around with my new "Buddy Ball" (replaced the one that sprung a leak), I was looking around my family/sun room and wondering where on earth I thought I was going to put all this stuff. Will just have to make room, because I know myself well -- out of sight definitely means out of mind.

Anyway . . . weather is not exactly bright and shiny for the start of the new month, but hopefully it will improve. Temperature is a very chilly -1C/30F, but that is supposed to go to 17C/63F. We'll just have to wait and see what really happens, I guess.

Better get a move on, many places to go and things to do. Hope everybody has a great fun kind of day planned . . . see you later . . . :wave