Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 04:57 PM   #16  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Afternoon ladies....I got in a 3 mile ride before 8 a.m. and it was still hot and humid then. Hope I can squeeze in another 2 (at least) about 8 tonight. Last night I practically had to wring out my bra after my ride...so hot. All that sweatin' has to be good for a body.
Cleaning and laundering again today while working on the closet a bit more.
DH and I went to the library earlier..they finally finished the new one in our town and it is wonderful. I usually check out mags. and now they have a nice big room with sofas, chairs, etc. to sit and read. I don't know that I would ever need to do that, but it is sure nice. I got a copy of Weight Watchers to look at.
Fixing stir fry w/ chicken and veggies for dinner. I made some slaw and have fruit.

I ride in our neighborhood, it is a circle that is 1/3 of a mile. So, I go round and round. It is so wooded and pleasant I never get tired of it though. AND there is no fast traffic, except maybe some of the little guys on bicycles. Ha.. No strange dogs or other obstacles. Makes for a nice ride. I have an old coaster brake bike with a "wide mama" seat.

Back later.....
Old 08-02-2007, 05:25 PM   #17  
GmaTo8

Hello, ladies,

Cristina - Jackson is 3 months old today! His little gums are swollen, and I'll be glad when the first tooth is actually through.

Mindee - your enthusiasm is contagious! Way to go on the 6 pounds down!

Sue - I got all my water in yesterday, and today's looking good, too. How about you?

Marti - I love your vacation plans. How cool! I've got most of my Christmas shoppin done, since we already bought Universal Studios tickets for the whole family.

PJ - well, at least you have your cell phone, right? Enjoy the movie tonight!

Tammy - if you take the salsa and dip off your menu, & replace it with a different sort of finger food, I do believe you're good to go! If you're doing the chocolate covered strawberries, here's something I saw in Chicago and I've done that gets raves: alternate the strawberries with chocolate dipped (partially dipped) donut holes and skewer them all, on short skewers. I did 3 (either 2 strawberries and 1 donut hole, or vice-versa) on each skewer, and that works well. Just a thought. I think the rest of your menu is spot-on! If you lived close, I'd wrangle and invitation, lol.

I've been busy today with computer work, and now it's almost time to get cleaned up to go to town. Neal and I have dinner the 1st and 3rd Thursdays with my sisters at the Eagles club. I've allowed 600 calories for the meal, since I have no idea what will be served. There is never a dessert offered, thank goodness, lol.

Catch you later!
Old 08-02-2007, 05:29 PM   #18  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Marti~ You sound like me! I want to get things for Christmas now, but I usually get told to wait until it is closer before I get anything. I used to do paint by numbers for the new nieces or nephews that we have. I have since given that up, but I would love to do it again! I have three, I think, that are waiting for frames and then they will be put into the kids’ rooms when they get their own. I would love to get some of her cooking utensils and stuff, but like you mentioned, they are very expensive!

Pink Jane~ Your trip to WDW will be here before you know it!!! Are you getting excited about it? How is your hubby feeling? I hope he is feeling better!

Tammy~ Happy belated anniversary! 9 years, wow! Me and Tommy will be celebrating 8 years of being together on the 14th of this month. Thanks for the words of encouragement! Now, I just need to get away from the scale every day and I will be even better. I made the mistake of checking it since this past Sunday until I weighed in yesterday and I need to drop it. Other wise I will go bananas! Those sound like great gifts for each other! Our wedding anniversary next year, happens to fall on Mother’s Day again! Our first wedding anniversary fell on Mother’s Day as well. (The year we got married it was the day before Mother’s Day)

I will have to post a picture of Logan from our nephew’s birthday party this past Sunday. They made ice cream cones for the kids that wanted one, and Logan of course didn’t refuse it!

Sue~ I hope you will have time to get your next ride in without it being too hot! Sounds like a great trail to go for a ride on!
Old 08-02-2007, 05:33 PM   #19  

Jane~ Thanks for the dancing carrot and the nice comments! It has been so hot here the past couple of days, and will continue to be for the next five or six days, that I have been working out in the house. Then if we feel inclined to and it is cooler outside then I will add in a walk outside or a swim in the pool.

here is the picture of Logan enjoying the ice cream cone this past Saturday:

Old 08-03-2007, 01:17 PM   #20  

Height: 5'1"

Mornin' ladies!

Tammy--Boy, you sure have been busy! That's a lot of work to be done, and what a great anniversary gift.....not doing work yourselves....to me that's priceless! How romantic the way your hubby proposed! Veggie power house sandwiches? Do tell.....

Sue--I love the description of your bike seat!! Your route for biking sound beautiful! When we lived in Cottage Grove, the bike trail there went up into the mountains. It was an old rail road that they took the tracks out and paved up, so the upgrade is very gradual. It is gorgeous in the fall!! And surprisingly peaceful. Should have taken photos...may still go back this fall and take photos.

Jane--Is my ticket to Universal Studios on the way?? That is a fun Christmas gift. Are you planning on going during Christmas time or wait until later?

Mindee--Cute photo. What a mess though eh? I remember the days of cleaning up Jhanai. I remember the mud puddles in the yard and dressing her up in clothes just for jumping and splashing in......those were the day!!

Ok.....I'm running out of time and I need to get ready for work.

Have a great Friday!! One week left and I'm on vacation!!!
Old 08-03-2007, 02:53 PM   #21  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Just a quickie right now because I need to jump in the shower. Was at the pool from 9:30 to 12:30, yikes! Didn't want to leave but had to...got things to do around the house. Haven't even made the bed yet, lol. Left this morning early for my 3 mile walk at the park, came home got into my suit, put sunblock on and was off to the pool, lol. Anyway...Hi to everyone! Be back tomorrow.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:19 PM   #22  

Today has been a loooooooong day, and it isn’t any where near being done with! Brandon got up this morning with a major attitude. Logan….well, he just got up and out of his crib! So, laying him down for a nap has been quit the challenge so to speak. Any time I put him in the crib (or the play pen) he would just climb right back out. He did fall asleep while leaning on Brandon’s bed. But when I moved him (I know I know….never move a sleeping little one) he woke up and hasn’t been back to sleep since. Brandon used my phone while I was working out, to call Tommy on his lunch break. He had the speaker phone on and every thing!

Brandon went potty in the potty today, all by himself!!! He stood up in front of the toilet and just went! I was keeping myself occupied by doing something else and next thing I hear is pee landing in the toilet! He was so excited to be in the potty like daddy!! He got to put a sticker up on his chart and every thing! So, he had to call daddy again to tell him and Tommy told him that he owes him a hot wheel or something for going potty in the potty. Brandon remembered that I told him that he could have a piece of candy every time he goes in the potty. So, he got to pick a piece of candy out of his goody bag from his cousin’s birthday party last weekend.

Marti~ Yup, these are the best days! Granted they might try and make an even bigger mess then we want them to, but hey you are only young once, right?

Cristina~ Sounds like you had a blast at the pool!!
Old 08-03-2007, 04:11 PM   #23  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Mindee - yep, the kids are only little once. I wish I could go back for just one day and relive it. Aww, the photo is so cute! Thanks for sharing. At least the kind of messes the little ones get into are able to be cleaned up with some paper towels, whereas older kids sometimes get into messes that aren't so easily fixed, lol.

Sue - speaking of paper towels, when I know I'm going to be sweating, I fold a couple of paper towels and put them between my bra band and "the girls". You wouldn't believe what a difference that makes!

Marti - uh.... yeah.... uh.... your ticket is on the way! If for some reason you don't get it, let's just blame it on the post office, ok? teehee

Cristina - hi & bye, you beachbaby you!

I finally got around to making some sugar-free blackberry jelly, using a small amount of Splenda, and have to say.... ewww! It's way too tart for me, and I'd rather have a tiny bit of the real stuff. My sister Mary Lou is a diabetic, and so I'll give it to her. Live and learn, right? I don't eat that much toast, anyway, lol.

Not much else going on. Same stuff, different day.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:36 PM   #24  

Jane~ I hear ya on the messes with paper towels. I am dreading the day when one of them gets into a mess that isn't as fixable as the ones they make now. Thanks for the tip on the paper towels and the "girls." I will have to try that the next time I know I am going to be sweating.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:17 PM   #25  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Evening ladies...I did get in 3 more miles last night, for 6. Then I got in 6 today also. It is hot, but I am determined. I also got to do the watering thing again tonight and it was a pain again! I really didn't do much else today, kind of loafed and read magazines. I did clean out the fridge. Ugh job.

Any plans for the week-end ladies? I don't have a thing going on so tomorrow will go out to DD's house they are working on. See how it has come along since I was there last. Hope to go to the Farmer's Market in the morning...almost forgot. Our neighbor has been giving us fresh tomatoes and my gosh they are good. Now I want to buy some cukes and green peppers.
I am really celebrating for my California DD today. She has been in a custody adjustment battle with the ex..and she was awarded everything she asked for without going to court today. Yay! She has put up with his **** since the divorce, but finally feels like she was heard.

I will have to try the paper towel thing myself. I don't think we are going to get relief from this heat any time soon. BUT like I said I am determined to ride that bike..hoping for at least a pound gone Monday.

I will do individuals this week-end. Have fun all. Stay cool or use sunscreen.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:09 AM   #26  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Red face Hi Gurls, Remember ME??? It's me, SASSY! lol

Hi Gurls!

Tis me! Remember me?? lol. Sorry I've been MIA. I just honestly haven't felt like being on the computer much and I haven't really been actively trying to eat healthy and exercise.

But my appetite has gone WAY down and now DH & I have been bringing our lunches/dinners to work and now that we are going to be on different nights working (I begin my new shift on Monday Night) we are both going to work hard at cooking for the other and freezing food to take to work and not order out. #1 its EXPENSIVE and #2 its not good for you at all, I know this, I don't need any lectures, please.

It was just very difficult for us both working on the same shift, so now we can actively make an effort in eating better for both of us. I even thought of ways to have some things we like, but modifying a bit so its healthier. So I guess that is good, I know its not the best I can do, but we've been pretty busy lately and I know that isn't a good excuse either, but its the truth.

Also we are thinking of getting a dog (small one) since somebody will be home all the time now. If we do that, that will be a great excuse for us to take more walks! So we'll see. I just worry about our cat, after our other cat died he has become extremely clingy and he's also older, he's 9 yrs old, so I just worry if we get a dog, how he'll be, but again, someone will be home all the time, well at least we won't be gone all night like when we were working the same shift.

Anywho, I'm rambling, sorry.......lol

Cristina -- Thanks for the Card Hon, I got it yesterday (Friday)!!!!!!! I hope you had a great Bday! I felt bad that I didn't get to actually send you a "real" card, but I figured an ecard is better than nothing...........

Well gurls I am not promising anything, but since I got Cristina's card yesterday, I figured I would pop in and at least say hi and I've done that and then some! lmaooooooo!

If anybody would like my email addy to correspond with me outside the group, just PM me or you can ask Cristina -- anybody from the JL or our other little group is fine to have my email addy.

Take Care,

Old 08-04-2007, 03:59 AM   #27  

Sue~ That is great news on your 6 miles AND your daughter winning her battle!!!

Sassy~ Hey girl! Welcome back!!!
Old 08-04-2007, 01:22 PM   #28  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

TAMMY...you have been a busy lady! And...a very HAPPY BELATED ANNIVERSARY to you! How sweet that your hubby was red faced, lol. You sound like me with the list, lol...generator, back-up sump pump, facelift, and on and on, lol, one day. Oh my goodness woman, can I come to the engagement party, lol?! Your menu sounds delicious, mmmmm I do think you have it covered for sure!

PINKJANE...sorry to hear DH is feeling bad, hope he gets to feeling better soon. Nothing worse than feeling bad and still having to drive a truck. You know, I hardly look at peoples tickers but did when Mindee mentioned how close you are to your goal, to you!

SUE...you are doing great with your exercise And I am keeping my fingers crossed for both of us for at least one pound down on WI! And CONGRAT'S to your DD! I can only imagine the pain the ex has put her thru, glad it is over!

MINDEE... to you too missy on your challenges and the 6 pounds down! Keep up the good work! Love the picture...so cute and reminded me of my friends little girl Stephanie. Well, she's not so little now but when she was about that age, or a little younger she had her cake and ice cream and wore more than she ate, lol. She was so cute and I took pictures of it too! Almost her whole face was covered with chocolate, lol.

JANE...Jackson will be crawling before you guys know it! They grow too fast for sure. How was your dinner at the Eagles with your sisters?

MARTI...I was going to say "Christmas in August, egads?!" but then remembered V told me that Lowes has Christmas stuff in. He knows some guys that work there. It's not out on the floor yet but in the back. Made me think about going to Hobby Lobby to see if they have stuff out. The one here is known to put stuff out in June, not everything but just some stuff. I mentioned to V a couple of weeks ago that I need to do my Christmas shopping early, he said that would be a good idea. The only thing is both Jason & Josh buy stuff thru-out the year so it's hard to buy for them. I have to wait until December and make sure I tell them months ahead to NOT buy anything, lol. I thought it would be easier buying for them at this age but it's not. Anyway...

HIYA SASSY...of course we remember you, long time, no see...missed ya. And you are welcome for the card and thank you as well. Good to see you checking in and hope to see more from you.

And...HI to everyone else who is MIA...miss ya and hope to see ya soon.

Nuthin much going on today...Jason and V are working so I am going to clean house and get some laundry done. And spend a little time on the computer since I didn't have much the last two days. But, I must say, I have enjoyed my time at the pool. It is so nice and refreshing to go a little while after my walk...very relaxing. Will probably go 2-3 times a week until it closes for the season. Seems a waste to have a pool and it not be open year round. But, this isn't CA and the weather gets really cold sometimes so...going to enjoy it while I can.

Went for my walk this morning, early. Actually, got out the door at 6:30, woohoo! I have been enjoying my walks as well. Well, except for this one goose who does not like me walking on that sidewalk, lol. The thing hissed at me twice yesterday and once another day...so mean, lol. There was a nice breeze this morning and it really helped. Getting my water in as well, and my vitamin, Food has been A LOT better this week and I actually felt a difference in my shorts yesterday. Hoping for a good WI come Monday. Anyway...better get going.

Almost forgot...I love my new lawn mower! Ended up getting a self-propelled one after all and I am glad. After the pool Thursday I came home and mowed both the front and back yard...big mistake! OMG, I swear I thought I was having a heat stroke and I will never do that again, not in these temps and at that time of day. I was only going to do the front but thought what they heck, I feel okay, I'll just go ahead and do the back instead of waiting until the evening or the next day. Never, never, never. But the lawn mower was great, I did it in record time I think...a little over a hour and it is a BIG yard, to me anyway, lol. I think it would have taken a lot longer if it wasn't selfpropelled. Going to wear my pedometer next mowing to see how big it really is.

Sorry for the novel, lol.

Take care ladies, and have a GREAT weekend!
Old 08-04-2007, 08:32 PM   #29  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Mindee - how's your weekend going? Hope you're having fun with the fam. How's the potty training going?

Sue - yay for your DD! What a relief, right? We've got more fresh veggies than we know what to do with! I've been taking them to town, passing them out to friends. Mary and Terry's families help eat a lot of them. Katie and Clint - not so much. Wish I could share with you.

Sassy - we all have lots of times when we don't do what's best for our bodies, and for me, personally, I think it's helpful to just keep coming in, anyway. Sooner or later I get back in the right frame of mind. I'm not much of an emailer, but good luck to you with that. Sounds like you don't intend to post here much - hope that's not what you meant.

Cristina - woo hoo for the new mower! Sounds like a real time-saver. The dinner at the Eagles usually us just so-so, but the time I spend with my sisters is great. The dinners are usually bland, calorie-laden, and unimaginative, but hey, at least that's one day I don't have to cook, right? When will your pool close? The one in our city used to stay open until after Labor Day, but now it closes the Sunday before school starts. That's Aug. 12 this year - doesn't that seem too early?

Yikes .... Neal just popped in and said I'm about to lose the internet due to a big storm headed right for us, so I better get off here PDQ!!!

Last edited by Jane; 08-04-2007 at 08:44 PM.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:46 PM   #30  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Happy Saturday Ladies!!

Jane--I gotta do the salsa thing. My dd's fiance's father is Puerto Rican so need to add a little hispanic flair. Actually, it's not your run-of-the-mill salsa. You take fresh salsa that you get at the deli, add a can of black beans that you rinse off and throw in some crispy thawed frozen or canned corn. Very colorful and yummy. I'm not a big salsa eater but this stuff is great. Love the paper towel trick!!

Mindee--What a cute pic of Logan. Brings back memories. Just this last week there was a little boy at the hospital that I work that looked exactly like my Justin at the same age. I swear he was the spitting image. He came over to me talking and looking up a me with the same big eyes and I almost choked with emotion. I felt myself filling up with tears and nearly hugged the kid to death. It was like I had my Justin back at 4yr old ago. The mother must have thought I was crazy. After I left the room, I quickly sent an email to my son telling him how much I missed him.

Marti--I ate my third veggie powerhouse sandwich this week for lunch today. Get you some whole grain/wheat bread and spread a little mayo mixed with pesto sauce on both sides (I buy low fat pesto). Put two slices of cheese, (I like muenster) then top with tomato, lettuce, cucumbers, green pepper, red onion and some sprouts. It looks like a Dagwood sandwich!! Very filling.

Cristina--I miss my pool I've always had one until moving into this house. I could go to the country club's pool but it's about 20 min away and I only make it a few times a summer. New mower huh....I made a pack with my dh when we got married...I won't mow the lawn and he doesn't have to do any toilets!

Sue--gonna start calling you a bikerchick!! You must be so proud of yourself!

Sassy--Welcome back and stay awhile! Good luck with your doggy shopping.

Hi to all that I missed. Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Dh and I went to see the "Bourne Ultimatum" this afternoon. Great movie but I wasn't crazy about the filming. In most of the scenes it looked like someone with a camcorder was running and filming at the same time. Some scenes were so jumbled that you would of thought that a strobe light was on. I'm all for the new high tech filming but this was going a little too far. What's wrong with a simple camera filming from a few feet away and STAYING STILL!!
Ok, I'll get off my soapbox. I'm a little down because I don't think I lost any of the 3 lbs I gained on vacation. Weigh-in is tomorrow and I don't believe that scale has moved an ounce. Why can we gain 3 lbs in one week but it takes 3 weeks to loose it? Ah, the universal question that haunts us all!!

Well, gonna get showered and relax the rest of the evening. Have a wonder Sunday ladies!!

Last edited by sz2atheart; 08-05-2007 at 07:15 PM.
Closed Thread