Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 04:11 PM   #46  
kitty Momo

Yipeeeeee, afternoon!

You are welcome Cristina! Pictures of Becky are up in her room somewhere, if you have seen her room you wouldn't ask me to go up there. haha......I held onto the envelope for so long just figure "mail the darn thing already!!!" I will go look though and send off when I find one. I love Rachels hair, it has this multi colored thing going on.

I had oatmeal w/ Gab this AM. It was good , even G gobbled it down. She weighs 75 pounds, her father is freaking - probably because his 14 year old is overweight. I think she is fine though, just needs to get more active.

Going to steam some squash and have that with salmon. yum.......chomping on ice.

Hoping to kick it up a notch (whatEVER.....sounds impressive *snicker*) and *gasp*......exercise.....walk, swim , something!! I don't think sleeping is considered exercise. haha......

k- Miss Cristina! Hope you have a wonderful day!! One checker at a store was very rude to Gaby and I called her on it and went to her supervisor. Nasty witch......people have a lot of balls when the parent is standing right there. I will take care of my child! Back off....argh......pissed all over again!! lol

later gators....
Old 08-09-2007, 10:24 PM   #47  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hello ladies...Quick check in and I am off to read for awhile. Sounds like Susan and Cristina are hanging in there...walking, eating right and holding down the fort here. I am surviving the heat and getting in some bike time. I am only doing 5 miles a day while it is so hot and humid. Feeling real good, but just don't seem to be losing weight. I am amping up some indoor exercise, so will see how that works. *fingers crossed*
Later ladies....
Old 08-10-2007, 12:32 AM   #48  
kitty Momo

Almost as good as having sex!! Ok, after Michael it IS better.. haha.......I weighed and it showed 179!!! woo hoo......changing my ticker before it goes away! Way happy!!!

What are you reading Sue??? I took Beck to Powells over the weekend, I really want to go back by myself and spend some time there.

Going to take Gab to my mom's tomorrow 4 a break. Going to the doctors w/ my ex to get results from HIS check up. He has a concern for cancer and asked that I go with him, so I will.

anyway - off to bed!!!
Old 08-10-2007, 03:30 AM   #49  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hola Chicas!

I survived my 1st week of my schedule change! I think it is actually going to benefit me as I eat a lot less with DH not around...........

Also since its been so hot, I figured I would share this link, it has a bunch of exercises, just go to the drop down menu under WD:

http://www.womansday.com/health/12003/wd-workouts.html

Have a Good One!

Old 08-10-2007, 04:27 PM   #50  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hiya ladies!

SUSAN...funny about Rebecca's room, sounds like Josh when he is home, lol! I let it go because I know he's not home for long so...but yeah, love Rachels hair. I didn't think Gaby looked like she weighed that. Of course I don't know what a normal range is for a 5-year-old so she is probably fine so let him freak. WTG on reaching 179! Hoping all goes well with the ex at the doctors.

SUE...only did 5 miles? only 5 miles? 5 miles is GREAT in my book! Especially with the weather being what it is...you are doing an awesome job with your biking and 5 miles is GREAT!

SASSY...maybe the new hours are a blessing in disguise. Maybe this is just the boost you need. Thanks for the link!

Like Sue, I am feeling good too, just not losing. I told V last night that I might just be staying at this weight the rest of my life. He said is there something wrong with that? Ummm, yeah! I don't want to be this weight but...all that matters is that I AM working out and I AM healthy. I think weight loss is a bonus for me...a bonus I would love to have, lol. But I swear, the more I try to lose weight, the less I lose. I'm not giving up and hope it doesn't sound that way but I just wonder at times if I was meant to be at this weight. Who knows I'll continue to keep on keeping on though.

I did mow both the front and backyard yesterday. I did the front at about 1 p.m. and then waited until 8 in the evening to do the back...almost didn't finish it got dark on me, lol. I didn't realize how big the yard is, lol. But, I forgot to put my pedometer on...will try to remember next week when I mow. Took me 1 1/2 hours to do both the front and back, now that is a workout. Today, I went to the park and man, it was sad, lol. I walked just the short walk, 1 1/2 miles and it took me 53 minutes, that is sad I didn't feel like doing it and man was I dragging, lol. Oh well, better than nothing I suppose. When I got home I did feel better so went ahead and did my 2 mile WATP dvd...felt good!

Went to lunch with Jason at Olive Garden. I actually didn't do too bad and am glad the serving size was quite small...it was yummy! Then we headed to the book store. I don't need any books as I have lots I need to read but I bought one anyway. A book and an anniversary collection magazine of Princess Diana. I've always been fascinated with her since she met that bozo Prince Charles. It broke my heart when she died. Anyway...

Hope all is well with everyone! Have a GREAT weekend ladies!
Old 08-10-2007, 06:43 PM   #51  
kitty Momo

Wow!!! Afternoon!!! ....woke up at 5am and weighed to see my 179 and it was 178!! On and off a couple times to make sure and it sticked and it did!!! So, changed my ticker and I am 1/2 to goal!! yay.......and had sex last night!! yay......ya, right. Who cares, I went to bed w/ Gaby and snuggled. haha

Thanks for the link Sassy!!! 5 miles is awesome Sue!!

If you feel good where you are Cristina I wouldn't worry about the weight either. I just want to get back into my clothes and I was sluggish with the weight....and knowing me if I didn't reverse the scale it would have just gone up and up. Pick up the latest People w/ Kirstie and Valerie on the front, it made for good reading! V lost 30 in 4 months and K is maintaining her 75 loss.

They thought dieting was more difficult....actually I think maintaining is.....what do you all think??

Went with ex to the hospital......they ended up draining his bladder....he wasn't able to ummm, pee. So, five pounds worth of urine and he has to wear a bag for a week to get the bladder a chance to recoup....prostate....

I have been helping him and now am due for a nap!!! Rach is funny - she lives a block or 2 from the community center and wanted me to drive her to the gym......lol.....whatEVER,,she has done super , she spent 2 hours working out.

More later!!
Old 08-11-2007, 02:25 PM   #52  
One day at a time

That is too cute Susan...Rach wanting a ride to the gym, kids. I wish I lived near the park I walk at I would walk there and back. Or, do like I saw a woman do...she rode her bike to the park and then walked it and rode back homw, double work out! That's great though...how good Rachel is doing! Give her a high five from me! And a to you for being 1/2 way to your goal.

I guess I missed that People...but then it comes out on Friday doesn't it? I want to get it, maybe I'll go to the store and pick it up after I get off here.

For me...it is harder to lose than to maintain. I can keep it off and stay at a certain weight, obviously, lol...it's just getting it off.

About me staying at this weight...you know...I am comfortable at this weight but I want to lose at least 20 pounds. Honestly, I would be happy with that. But I think when I eventually lose 20 that I will not quit and keep going and lose more...it's just getting this 20 off.

Hoping the ex feels better soon!

Hello to everyone else

Nothing going on with me as usual. V is working, as usual, so I am cleaning house today and getting some much needed and wanted reading done! I did go for my walk this morning. Got up even earlier than usual and got to the park at 6:39...not bad I guess. Going to be a hot one today and I am staying inside until V gets home later this evening. Have dinner planned...chicken breast and salad. Too hot to fix anything else.

Have a GREAT weekend ladies! See ya Monday
Old 08-11-2007, 04:07 PM   #53  
I can dream, can't I?

Afternoon ladies...Kind of warm here again today, but the humidity finally dropped some. I rode 3 miles this morning and am getting ready for a 1 mile WATP. Plan to ride 3 more tonight.
Being a little lazy today, just picking up around the house and straightening. Nothing major. Mom made a turkey breast, so that will be dinner along with potatoes, salad and brussel sprouts.

Cristina- I am like you...I think my body WANTS to be 170. That is why it holds on to it for so long. Ha. Well, I got to 169 and now it is clinging to that. Darn it! I will be happy if I get to 160 and have a comfortable clothing size. I am usually "between" sizes and things are not comfy.

Susan- Hope the ex is doing okay. Nice of you to go with him. I wouldn't walk across a room with my ex, but that is another story. LMAO...

Have a nice Sunday tomorrow gals and don't eat too much!!!
Old 08-11-2007, 05:04 PM   #54  
kitty Momo

Good Afternoon!! Made it to the library so I can add color and smilies!! Yipeeeeee, need to get out more, huh? haha

You need to come up to Oregon Sue!! It is nice and cool today at 75*. I couldn't live in the humidity, a big baby

I think my body wants to be at 150, I think I look fine there - size 6/8. I have no desire to be smaller.

Cristina! Yep, People comes out on Fridays. I was there to pick mine up, you are slacking girl!! It is my only entertainment,gossipy mags and an apple...living on the wild side now....oh, and hanging out w/ ex's. lol

My ex can be mean Sue, control freak. He is 73 though and helps so much w/ Gaby, he has watched her since she was 1 years old. Also, I do love him and promised I would always help him in his old age. We have known each other 17 years, he has been a huge part of my life.

Gaby's dad on the other hand keeps asking for me to do things w/ him and her. I don't want to and beg off. He doesn't understand why I have a different relationship w/ the ex husband. Just do, totally different. His visitation is w/ Gab , not me.......yikes.

Rach is super, terrible temper though. We live near a beautiful park and community center. I think she finally broke up with her boyfriend and hopefully that will allow her to just focus on herself.

k- off I go!! I need to wash my car. Bought some fish for dinner, look forward to that! Want to go see the Jennifer Lopez movie tonight.

HUGS to all!!!
Old 08-11-2007, 08:03 PM   #55  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Hola

Hi Chickies!

I've been keeping positive still. The true test will be when I go back to work on Monday night. lol. But Wed. night wasn't so bad, my co-workers really started opening up to me (that is the night I read the Tina Turner quote that inspired me to be more positive). So I am keeping positive that this coming week will be as good, if not better than Wed. night was!

We are getting new next door neighbors too. I honestly didn't realize our old ones had left! lol. I just hope the new neighbors are just as quiet. Our building is all quiet and we like it that way, esp since we work nights. But I have to stay positive!

I do think that the next door apt is cursed or something though cuz nobody seems to stay there very long. This will be our 5th set of neighbors this year! Ever since our old neighbor moved out it seems its been cursed. He was a very sweet older man who was very nice and he lived there for several years.

Well tonight I am going to do a bit of laundry so I have work clothes and then clean the bathroom. (thrills) lol. But that way I should be able to just relax tomorrow night since it will be my last night off........I got our bed stripped and washed the linens and remade it and also cleaned the kitchen yesterday.

So guess that is it about my exciting life. Try not to get overwhelmed with excitement ladies. lmao. Just teasing. lol.

Hope the rest of your Weekend is Great!

Old 08-12-2007, 09:56 AM   #56  
ugggg.....

Hey All!! Sorry I have been around for awhile--all kinds off stuff going on....

Computer: has had it's moments

Work: the lady who talked ALL the time retired the end of June and I had several other people on vacations at the same time--one went to SC to visit the grandkids and ended up staying for three weeks working on a rental that was trashed. I finally got a replacement for the lady that retired though one of the applicants is now mad at me for not picking her!! I don't know what I would do if not for my friend who drives a bus but works more time for me in the summer and another lady who retired but comes in to help me and at 77 works rings around most younger people. So needless to say I have been a little stressed.

Ryan: has moved temporarily in with his sister. The building he lived in has been rezoned as commercial and will be converted to office space. We moved most of the stuff on last Sunday and finished up on Monday evening and Tuesday. He went job hunting on Thursday and had three interviews scheduled, Friday he had two job offers and the third interview is Monday which he is going to call and cancel since the other two are offering 40 hours. Alicia has moved back to her grandmothers and is starting community college. I am not sure what they are doing--they are on some kind of break since neither one wants to be the one to say it is over.

Teri: is having a BOY! I thought she was going to cry when they told her. She started out really wanting a boy but then changed and decided she wanted a girl. She's okay now though especially after buying a Steelers onesie. She is 5 months along and has only gained 5 pounds though she is getting a cute little belly. Her boyfriend is still a jerk that can't keep a job and wants to go drink with his friends all the time. He threw a temper tantrum before Ry moved in and grabbed Teri's arm hard enough to put bruises on her. He left and unfortunately she took him back. I feel safer with Ry there and Ry has already told him if he touches his sister again there will be consequences. Ryan really liked Dave but is beginning to see that he may not be as nice as he seemed.
Edit: Teri starts back to Community College at the end of the month--4 classes-Accounting 101, Publis Speaking, English 102 & whatever they are calling keyboarding now. She also got a job at the local Prime Outlets at a store called the Childrens Place that sells kids clothes up to 4T.

Diet: All the stressed has not been good and I have gained--I need to get back on track!!

Hubby--it's okay, he still gets jealous if I do too much with the kids.

Well, enough about me!! I will start posting again from here!

Last edited by jules1216; 08-12-2007 at 10:49 AM.
Old 08-12-2007, 02:41 PM   #57  
kitty Momo

Egads Jules, I need to go rest after reading your post!! It is wonderful to see you back!!!! Congrats on a soon to be grandson!! How sweet, will he arrive before Christmas?? It would be so fun to celebrate with a newborn in the house .....

My fingers are freezing , I pick ice out of my glass to chomp on, I can hardly type - lol

I don't know Sassy, I am kind of excited about you cleaning your bathroom - haha. Funny about not knowing your neighbors had moved out. I live at an 8 plex and it is pretty quite.

Went to see El Cantante last night. I loved it! Marc Anthony and Jennifer Lopez were great and the music was wonderful.......and it's probably a new fave of mine. The only thing I didn't like was the editing, seemed kind of choppy -. There was some really sad moments and that made me tear up.

Woke up at 7am and made my way over to my mom's to pick up Gab. There was a bike race going on over the bridges so had to take a different route. Had oatmeal and a banana for breakfast,,,,would love fish again for dinner! hmmm, what else??? Last week of medical leave, really want to go to the beach again. blah blah.......

k- ladies hugs to you all!!!! Now we just need Katy to check in!!! chat later.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:50 PM   #58  
ugggg.....

SuzyQ--we got a digital camera, so as soon as I get a picture I am satisfied with I will put it up!! Teri's due date range is from December 24 - Dec 28th--she actually would like to have him on the 21st which is my Mom's 75th b-day. Teri doesn't want to be in the hospital over Christmas--she would love to have a New Years Eve or New Years Day baby.
Hubby and I are clearing an area on our property to set up the pop-up camper we have. The camper is old but he is going to build a lean to over it to keep the canvas from getting wet when it rains. We will add a screened tent with a picnic table and a fire pit. The big property payment is done. Now we have only his motorcycle and our consolidation loan and we will be good. We have to get a car too before mine dies.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:26 AM   #59  
I can dream, can't I?

Happy Monday morning to all. I hope it is sunny in your neck of the woods. It is nice and breezy here, but still plenty warm. Just not as humid, thank goodness. I rode 2 miles and came in for a breakfast of cereal with skim milk and a bowl of watermelon.
WI was the SAME. Un-real.

I am trying to figure out how to write in a blog. I got it set up last night. Just really need to spend some time figuring out all the ins and outs of it. I don't even know why I am doing it, my life is pretty mundane, but writing in it will keep me busy. (And away from the kitchen maybe?)

Back later to report.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:46 PM   #60  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

Good to see you JULES! And SASSY!

Sorry not doing individuals right now...hopefully will have more time tomorrow, I know I will. Will get on earlier.

WI...I am down the 2 pounds that I was up to due to tOM last WI so really no loss this week. I never changed my ticker because I knew I was up the 2 because of tom so back to the same old, same old. I feel ya Sue!

I am changing up my exercise a bit this week to see if something happens next WI. Also, going back to Saturday WI's seem to like that better.

Anywho...HI to everyone Have a great day!
Closed Thread