Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 05:21 PM   #31  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Marti~ I will send you mine in a second (not sure if I had given it to you before, but I will send it out again)

Cristina~ Let me know how that movie is. I agree with you on him getting things out in the open even if no body cares.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:03 PM   #32  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Mindee - so, was today any better, stresswise? I sure hope so! Before you know it, the kids will be out the door and in school, and you will have the house to yourself. Not sure it that's considered a good thing, or a bad one, lol.

Marti - nice of you to fill in for someone. I'll try and remember to PM you my email addy. If I forget, hey, just give me a buzz.

Cristina - I'm a fan of MM, too. He has courage that isn't often found anymore. Let us know how the movie is, ok?

A big hello to anyone else reading this.

I've had the best day! After I got the jelly made, I went to town and had lunch with my niece, Carol. She's always a bright spot in my day. Then I did a little shopping and looked at fabric for a bit. I feel the urge to sew something, lol, but decided I better stick with scrapbooking as a craft for awhile yet.

Toodles!
Old 07-12-2007, 09:26 PM   #33  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Evening Ladies!

Mindee--I'm exhausted just reading about those boys of yours. Brings back memories. When my son was about 2 1/2 and finally in a "big boy" bed, I put him down for a nap. There was a big container of baby powder (yes, 20 years ago we were able to use baby powder) on his dresser. He had a cold and I had the cool mist running in his room. I went to get him up for his nap and the entire room looked like it was filled with smoke. I panicked when I went into the room and as I snatched him out of his bed I realized the the "smoke" smelled like baby powder. The little terror had puffed the powder up in the air before he fell asleep and the cool mist had blown it all over the room. Those boys!!!

Sue--so glad you are home safely, not without mishaps I see!!

Tina-- looking fab darling!

Cristina--we saw Die Hard last weekend. It was great. I'm a fan of Michael Moore too.

Pinky--how many days till WDW?

Jane--I won't forget your postcard! I love to sew. I have material ordered for my dining room curtains. First time I'm attempting to do a custom made curtain, you know that kind that is stapled to a board. It will be 3 swags with Jaboe's on the sides. I post pics when I finish.

Marti--we will have to start nicknaming you "Adventure Woman"!

A big hello to all that I missed. I'm all packed and ready to head out in the morning. I can smell the ocean air from here. Then again, I'm not that far from the Chesapeake Bay and my county is surrounded by water so I'm kinda near it all the time. Ahh, but the ocean...nothing to compare to it. I'm heading up to take a hot shower and then try to read myself to sleep. I hope everyone has a wonderful week and if our condo has internet service, you might hear from me! Ta Ta!!
Old 07-12-2007, 09:52 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 240/172/165

Good Evening Ladies

Sorry I haven't checked in until now but this has been a crazy week...the boy got his hours changed so that has thrown my schedule out the window and I am a creature of habit so I am not liking it much LOL...we went to see Transformers last Thurs. and when we were coming out Hubby called he was at the truckstop so he was home until Monday afternoon...we went to see Harry Potter today, Excellant movie!!!...Well I am in the middle of cooking a turkey burger so I will say Good Evening I hope everyone is well and staying OP...have a Good Evening All.

Pink Jane
Your next WDW vacation is 59 days away!
Old 07-12-2007, 10:22 PM   #35  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Evening ladies...Another busy day here. Whew, I don't know when I will get to take a break.
I still have a few things to put away from the van and my closet is a mess now that I brought so many things from Vegas. Two houses into one...doesn't go! Thank goodness we didn't bring any of the big furniture home: just a dinette table, 6 chairs, a sofa table, mirror and 2 lawn chairs. All the rest was clothes, towels, bedding and kitchen goods. (and tons of Christmas stuff: wrap and decorations.) Yikes!
Had to take Mom to the dr. today, then for an ultrasound and they sent her to another dr. So, we were gone most all day. She has to go to a surgeon in 2 weeks. Has a pinched nerve and compressed fracture in her back. No wonder she has been in such pain.
Came home and grilled chicken for dinner with corn on the cob and cauliflower. Haven't made it to the grocery store since being home, but luckily had things on hand. I just can't get into the swing of things!
Tomorrow we need to go see family, so there is another day with not getting the house in order. I don't do well with things in chaos. Would be cleaning right now if the rest of the household wasn't asleep.

Mindee- Your kids sound like they are very normal and full of energy. I didn't have 3 so close together, so feel for you. (When my son was born the girls were 14 and 11.)

Tammy- *whine* I wanna go to the beach.... I just don't want to drive that far right now. LOL If you are like me you won't get much sleep the night before a trip. Have a ball and try to check in. (way to go on the loss by the way) YAY Tammy!

Jane- I have been slowly buying up things for scapbooking, so plan to start on one as soon as I get things caught up here. I also like to sew, and should make my curtains. I have only ever made simple bedroom ones for the girls years ago. And if I remember right I made them from a bedsheet because there were no curtains to match their bedding. I am anxious to see pictures of Tammy's project, how about you?

Marti- I don't know if you had my e-mail, but I will PM it to you now. I might be changing things around on my computer soon. Think I will get cable modem and lose this dial up. That is the one thing I told DH I wanted if we sold the winter home. I had kept this dial up just because it was also usable in Vegas at no extra charge.

Cristina- Hey, sounds like you have been extra busy with the fence building. You have a pretty large yard don't you? We down sized the yard when we moved here as DH was so tired of yard work. Now he walks with the push mower and is done in less than an hour. He is even thinking of selling the lawn tractor....but I say keep it for snow removal. Ugh..snow! (don't tell Jane I said that!) Hope you enjoyed the movie...I wouldn't, but that is just my personal opinion. Don't like MM at all even though I think a few of his points are valid. But then, I don't have the same movie tastes as Pink Jane either.

Susan- Hi lady...good to see you here.

Tina- Wow...way to go! Love the picture.

Pink Jane- I am also a creature of habit. When DH worked if he had a day off or worked long hours it threw everything off for me. And boy, did the kids know how to throw a monkey wrench in my plans at times. I like to know what I am doing and when. (preferably days in advance) I vaguely remember being very spontaneous and carefree before kids arrived.

Dee- Nice to have you here and I hope to talk to you often.

Hi all...thinking of every Jaded Lady and wishing you all a wonderful week-end.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:58 PM   #36  

Jane~ Yup, today was a better day stress wise! I was really unsure about him going to school but now I can’t wait for him to go to school. He is already interested in it, so it makes it a lot easier! I used to start to freak out when it came around time for his birthday. I used to always then say “only x more years and then he will be off to school.” Now, I just take it all one day at a time which is what you have to do!

I finally kicked my eating late at night habit. And in doing so I lost 4 pounds! I got dressed this morning and had a feeling something was up because my capris fit better on me! We are leaving tomorrow after Tommy gets home from work to go down to Ohio for the weekend! It is going to be a nice get away. We are going to go back down there next Saturday for his friend’s mom’s birthday.

Tammy~ We use baby powder now…..but not on butts though! We have to use it to put in Brandon’s sneakers! His feet stink so bad that that is the only thing that we have found to help it out a little bit! I had to laugh at your story because I can see either Brandon or Logan doing it! In fact, one day last week, they both got into my make-up while I was feeding Marissa. I set her down in the bassinet, and went into their room where they were at. I walk into the bedroom and Logan wouldn’t look at me. I finally got him to look at me and he had my lipstick all over his face! They put some on each other, but Logan was wearing more of it then Brandon was. I had to toss the sheet on Brandon’s bed because they had ground some lipstick into the sheets. In fact, I noticed on the outfit that Logan was wearing that day, after going through the washer/dryer, that it hadn’t come out at all!

Pink Jane~ I am a creature of habit as well! I hate when something throws a wrench into my schedule! How did you like Transformers? Some of it was shot here in MI, so I was wondering if it was worth seeing or not?

Sue~ Sometimes I think they are full of too much energy! And I want them to give me some so I can be just as crazy as them!

hello to every one that I missed! I hope you all have a great Friday the 13th!!
Old 07-13-2007, 06:21 AM   #37  
back on track, again!

S/C/G: 307/see the ticker/healthy

Height: 5'8"

Default Morning..

Morning ladies! Had to get up early and get the trash out, and dh out on his way to work out. Hope everyone had a great day yesterday. I went to circuit training and walking club here on base, and I have to say, I'm loving it. So nice to meet some new people, and people who are motivated to get healthier, instead of just sitting around talking about others (many of my neighbors delight in doing this). I talked to the new fitness coordinator for the base, and she said she wants to see my eating and activity logs for a few weeks, and see what she can do to help me reach my goal of being down 100 lbs by the time we leave here(a year from now). Other than that, my house is almost ready for my other munchkin to come back, and for the fun today that hubby and I are going to have setting up our mini home gym in our room. I'm so happy that he is ready to work really hard on getting us both in shape (although, knowing the way men lose weight, I'll be mad in a few weeks, lol.. especially since he only has about 40lbs to lose).

have a gread day, all, and watch out for ladders and black cats, etc... lol

Dee
Old 07-13-2007, 11:40 AM   #38  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ladies!!

I haven't had my cup of coffee yet, maybe I better get one before I start this.......so hold on a minute.

Ok, got it going so I should have a cup here in a minute or so.
How are you all doing today?? I'm so happy that it's Friday. Jhanai comes over AND it's payday. Sounds like a shopping weekend to me!!

Been eating from the garden.....salads. We have so much lettuce there is no excuse to not eat a salad. Our tomatoes are still green so haven't had any of those yet, but looks like we'll have TONS of them. Everything else is slowly growing.

Dee--How cool it must be to have a fitness coordinator to help you out! When I had the gym membership at work, there was a gal who was in charge....I thought that she would be very helpful in my efforts to reach goals......she wasn't helpful at all. Now the gal we had at my last job....she was fantastic and w/her help I lost 25lbs. Sure wish I can find out where she was now!! Good luck to you! I know you'll succeed!

Mindee--Yeah on 4lbs!! That's fantastic!!! Late night eating/snacking used to be a HUGE problem for me. Mainly because I worked nights and then on the days that I had a normal schedule I still munched away on things. It was a hard habit to break. Now being on days....it isn't so bad. Keep up the great work!

Sue--I'm sorry you have so much to do still. I'm like you...chaos just drives me batty! I hope you get to settle down soon and relax and enjoy that gorgeous house of your w/out any worries of unpacking and rearranging. So will you and hubby find another place someday to get away from the cold? Or will you just have the one?

PJ--I want to see both of those movies. HP will have to wait a couple weeks though since its so popular the lines will be crazy. I don't particularly like a crowded theater.....I never get there in time for a good seat!

Ah----hang on.

Ok, now I'm better.

Tammy--I want to go to the ocean this weekend too. We may take the dogs and let them roam around. It's been awhile since we've gone to the coast. And I just love walking in the sand!! Have lots of fun and tell us all about it when you get back.

Jane--Your DGD's are so cute! How sweet to ask for some jelly. You know I've been thinking of sewing myself lately, only thing is.....I don't sew! I can mend socks if that counts! But it would be nice to make some clothes, mainly tops.

Cristina--So what did you think of the movie? I've heard lots of good on that one. I'm wanting to see that one too. Too many movies I want to see.....most of them will have to wait until it's out on DVD though since I hate losing hours sitting indoors while the weather is so nice. But there are a couple that I just have to go see!

Susan--Good to hear from you. How are your girls doing? How have you been dealing w/this heat?? Thankfully it's cooled down a little!

Tina--You'll have to post some before and afters again. You've done an amazing job and should feel so very proud. Do you see yourself as more active now?? Keep up the great work. It motivates the rest of us.

Hello to all the other gals out there!!

Coffee in hand and the newspaper..........that is where I'm off to before work. Have a great day and I'll catch up w/you all again sometime this weekend......DD is here so who knows how often I'll be able to get on!

Hugs to you all!
Old 07-13-2007, 02:37 PM   #39  
GmaTo8

Friday the 13th, my lucky day!!

Tammy - can't wait to hear more about the curtains when you get back. Are they the no-sew kind? I've seen that guy on TV do all sorts of fabric projects with a board and a stapler. Hope you're enjoying your vacation.

PJ - WooHoo, your vay-kay is in the 50s now!

Sue - yes, I have done the same things with matching or coordinating sheets. When the kids were younger and money was tight, making curtains that was saved a bundle.

Mindee - YAY for the 4# down. Hope you have fun in Ohio this weekend.

Dee - sounds like you've got everything under control and ready for a healthy lifestyle.

Marti - will you be shopping for anything in particuar? School clothes maybe? I saw Halloween stuff out at our Hallmark store and think that's it's a little early for goblins, lol. Have a good time with your Jhanai.

I asked Gina if I could have Macy and Jackson today, and she let me, so we've been having a good time. Both are down for a nap now. Later I'll be going to my scrapbook crop, and can't wait for that! We have so much fun! Some new members are joining - the more the merrier, right?

Better skeedaddle - have a good one, ladies.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:04 PM   #40  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Well, the movie was good. It actually brought tears to my eyes because one of the ladies that was sick went over to Cuba to get free medical care and she told the doctor she didn't understand the concept of free medical care. It's sad to me that the prisoners at Guatmo Bay have the top of the line facilities and medical care when people who pay out the arse for years can't get it. It was an eye opener but at the same not a whole lot I didn't know already espeically since having to fight the insurance company a few times. It's also sad that the french, brits and canuks get FREE medical no matter what. I just wish more people would watch his documentaries...maybe then things will change over here. But yes, the movie was good. For those of you who are wondering what it is about it is about the health care in the USA. These were real people and cases that were denied time after time until people died because they were denied. As well, as the elderly who worked all their lives and can't retire because of the high price of prescriptions, about some 9/11 volunteers who are sick now from being at ground zero and too can't get the help they need. It just goes on and on and is so very sad. But at the end what he said does make sense...Until we are a WE nation instead of a ME nation, nothing will change. I like to think that I am not a "me" person because I do help others but it's not enough and I know that. Anyway...

JANE...guess I missed the thing with the jelly, going to have to go back and reread all the posts. Not sure how but I guess with so many posts I miss things. Glad you had a nice time with your niece.

MARTI...I thought the movie was GREAT but at the same time sad. The one girl was in a head on wreck and her insurance would not pay for her ambulance ride because she didn't get permission first, lol. It's not funny, just crazy that things like that happen. Like she said, when was she supposed to get permission, in between consciousness (sp?)? Anywho...hope you have a GREAT Jhanai weekend!

MINDEE...you know, I had mine close almost like yours, 19 months, and then 22 months apart. I chose too though because I knew I was going to have 3 kids (was supposed to be 4 but DH changed his mind) and I wanted them to be somewhat close. At times it was chaos but I wouldn't change it for the world. Like Jane said, I think, pretty soon they will be in school and you won't know what to do with yourself. WTG on the 4 pounds!

TAMMY...thinking of you basking in the sun on the beach, ahhh, wish I was there. Hope you guys enjoy your vacation!

SUE...yeah, there's a LOT of people who don't like Michael Moore, I don't understand why though. But I know everyone is entitled to their opinions, we are all different...that's what makes the world go round. Hope you get some order to your chaos soon. And, I hope all goes well with your mom. Will be keeping her in my prayers. YOu know, the yard didn't look so big with all those trees in the back, didn't realize how much of our yard they took up, lol.

DEE...wow, such a great thing to have to help with your weightloss journey.

PINKJANE...sounds like you have been busy for sure. Getting closer to your WDW vacation!

HI to everyone else

Finally went to the pool this morning, man the water was cold, brrrr! Actually, once you take that first dunk it's not so bad. Went at 10 am so it was not so hot out. I decided that I was not going to miss out on things because I am fat. I found a cute bathing suit and said what the heck, I am going for it! Went and bought groceries this morning early. Did that early so I could get back and get things put away to get to the pool early. wanted to get there before too many people came. I don't mind people there but that pool is very small! And you get a lot of kids in there and wow! Anyway, going again Monday. Gets too busy on the weekends. Other than that not much going on, getting some laundry done and then going to jump in the shower. Still in my wet bathing suit and I am freezing! When V gets home we are headed to get some new phones. He has to go down there to get his discount. Working where he does he gets a decent discount for our cell phone service. His phone was washed last week and he's been without a phone since. We thought this would be a great opportunity to get our own phones...we were on Jason's with the family plan. Jason is going to be changing soon to another service so...anywho.

Take care ladies and I hope everyone is having a GREAT Friday the 13th!
Old 07-13-2007, 03:06 PM   #41  
One day at a time

HIYA JANE...you were posting as I was writing the novel, lol. Couldn't think of a more perfect day...grandkids and scrapbooking! Have a fun day, as I know you will. Halloween in Hallmark, yikes! It is too early!
Old 07-13-2007, 03:11 PM   #42  

thanks ladies for the nice words and encouragement! I found this quote on another site that also helps me at night. It says "Just remember the word D.I.E.T. As in, Don't Imagine Eating This" and it really has helped me out!
Old 07-14-2007, 12:00 PM   #43  
One day at a time

Happy Saturday Ladies!

MINDEE...I like that DIET saying, I'm glad that it is helping you.

HI to everyone else!

Went to the park this morning and got in 2 1/2 miles. It was already warm at 8, ugh. Tried to get there at 7:30 but I just didn't want to get up early, lol. Feels good though to get it out of the way and focus on the rest of the day without trying to figure out when I will walk, or if I will. That has been my problem...not wanting to do much of anything since going to AR-I have gotten lazy, as far as exercise goes. Getting back on track though. I was going to wait until Monday to start and thought there is no time like the present. Rest of the day will be spent cleaning the house and getting some laundry done. Then head to Lowes when V gets off and pick out some pickets. We had 600 delivered and he counted last night the ones we have returned (not all at once) and it was 387. That is terrible! Have to finish off the one side and then wait for the sod to be put in to finish the front sides..who knows when that will be, hoping next week sometime. Anywho...

Whatever you do, have a GREAT weekend ladies! I am hoping since we are so close to the Air Base that I will be able to see the show they are having this weekend. They were practicing Thursday and Jason mentioned that he was waiting for the bomb to drop, lol. I missed it though being at the movies. Take care.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:16 PM   #44  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Afternoon JL's.....I hope it is as beautiful where you are as it is here. So breezy and nice. Makes me want to go sit in the yard, but I haven't yet. I am still trying to get my house in order. I am hanging pictures and decorating the back/utility hallway. Had a small table and mirror from out West that I brought back just for that hallway. (one DH built) I must say it is going to look purty.
I walked down to a neighbor's garage sale and bought 6 books earlier. Like I need more books. But I did find out that she reads the same things I do and these were really recent releases. Saved me about $5.00 a book. Then my uncle called and he is having a garage sale with his daughter and they had books by Stephen King...so I said yeah, keep those for me. I just hate to pass up a book for a few cents when they cost so much. My DS likes King so will take these when I am done with them. My SIL likes the other books I read and will take them off my hands. I have decided to NOT keep any paperbacks if I have read them. I am really trying to not be such a packrat.......it's hard.

OKAY....I got on that bike and rode 1 mile earlier and will do 2 miles tonight. Slowly work my way back to 7 miles, I hope.
Talk to you ladies later..........break time is over.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:36 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 240/172/165

Good Evening Ladies

Just got off the treadmill...had to turn the AC back on today, we've had like 2 wks with beautiful weather and didn't need to run it but it got hot again now and suppose to be in the 90's all week...Hubby is on his way to Boston has to deliver at 6 am on Monday...the boy has a game tonite so no taxi service Woo Hooo LOL...been fighting with the cable company for the past month, finally just told them to bring me out a new box, so the guy came earlier today and exchanged it and it seems to be working fine now...having shrimp for dinner tonite and then gonna make a fruit salad well have a Good Evening All and enjoy your weekend.

Pink Jane
Your next WDW vacation is 57 days away!
Closed Thread