Old 07-19-2007, 12:19 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello Ladies,
Sorry I haven't posted in awhile--- still trying to sell the house, the 5th wheel RV, the boat and the tractor!! Why do we always get so much STUFF??? I called a couple different realtors this morning to see what their plans were. One is a flat fee and one is a 1% deal. Still waiting on calls back from them. We've advertised in papers and posted flyers on bulletin boards in stores, Have a big sign out front For Sale and have put the 5th wheel out on the corner of our property where the highway goes by. Had a lot of people look and all that but still no solid bites.

Noelle, Sorry to hear about Chloe and Lena I imagine that you were so hurt when that happened, I know I would feel terrible. But I'm sure that Lena will recover wonderfully and I hope that you can find someone who will take Chloe into their home. I'm sure she is a good dog but sometimes dogs just need to be an only dog!

Cal, it sounds like you have been pretty busy. I'll bet you enjoy that pool too. We looked at several homes in MO. that had pools and I would love to have one. BUT we still have to get everything sold here first. I keep going to real estate websites and find really neat places but can't do much yet! Darn It!!

Well, I have some stuff that I need to get done but just thought that I needed to get on here and say Hello to everyone. I'm still trying to lose this weight but it sometimes just seems so hard to keep working at it, But I do. Just need to better organize my time now and get s specific time set up for me to exercise and that is that!

Take care everybody and I'll check back later. Karen
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:22 AM   #17  

Just saying hello to everyone.
I went to to foot doctor yesterday because I've been having some pain in my right foot for quite some time. I couldn't believe it when he said that I had a stress fracture on my foot. So...now I'm back in a soft cast and the boot for 6-8 weeks. It's strange because I've been able to walk fine, I just had some pain when I moved my foot a certain way. I actually thought that my foot might not have healed properly. The dr said that the bones in my foot turn toward the inside and should be turned toward the outside. He said he's not surprised at the fracture because of that. He said the fracture could have happened just by walking. Go figure!!

Kempy: I loved your email!! No wonder my sister always talked about moving to Houston!!

Noelle: I'm sorry about what happened with Lena and Chloe. My brother has a dog that is best as an only dog. They had 2 dogs, Shelby and Tasha. Shelby (the younger dog) attacked Tasha (the older dog) and broke Tasha's leg. She never recovered and my brother decided that it was best to put Tasha down because she was in so much pain all the time and just getting worse. He had someone else take her to the vet; they'd had Tasha for 16 years. I'm glad Lena is healing well.

Angie: I hope everything is going well with you. We miss you here.

Everyone else is missed as well. Come out and play!!!

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 05:36 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 211/200/165

Height: 5' 2.5" (HW: 222)

Default Yay! I've read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows!

Hi, Ladies. Writing from out of town, here, visiting our daughters in NY. Mele, sorry to read about your dogs. Hope everything goes better with your chihuahua, and that Chloe finds a good (other) home. There are two Rotties here, very protective of the kids, and real members of the family.

On the night of 7-20, four of us went down to Manhattan by train to attend the Harry Potter event at the Barnes & Noble bookstore in Union Square. There were two 52' trucks parked in front, decorated with Harry Potter pictures, obviously the source of the thousands of new copies of Book 7 about to be sold after 12:01 a.m. We arrived about 9:00 pm, and were already too late to get into the store. The fire marshal told us the building was already too full; the only way we could get in was after some other people left. Since there were events going on inside & the book wasn't available for another three hours, it was all too clear we weren't ever going to get in unless we camped there for 4 or 5 hours, after which we'd have to wait even longer to buy our copies. No, thank you, we decided. So we did other stuff, instead. The next day we went to the Barnes & Noble in Poughkeepsie, no line, no waiting, just in & out! I stayed up till 4:15 am that night, went to bed, woke up five hours later, finished the book in the next hour & quarter.
What a book! I strongly recommend it--or getting into the entire Harry Potter series, if you have not already done so! Truly, it's destined to be an ongoing children's (and grown-up's) classic--very well written.

Back to vacation! (I'm afraid I've been a bad girl, dietarily speaking). Talk to you soon, ladies!
--Virgo

Last edited by FatToFitVirgo; 07-26-2007 at 05:43 PM.
FatToFitVirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:55 PM   #19  

I'm a little saddened to see that no one is posting.
I hope everyone is doing well.
I'm back at school now. Teachers went back for the first day today. We don't have our kiddos until Monday, Aug 6. I am looking forward to this year though.
Hope there are more posts soon.

Kempy: The pics of your pool are awesome. It looks beautiful.

Cal
Old 08-01-2007, 11:29 PM   #20  

Hello Ladies,
Sorry it has been so long since I've posted anything. Things have been kind of hectic around here. We did sell our boat and the tractor but still have the 5th wheel and the house.
We had a young couple stop by Sunday after seeing the For Sale sign and wanted to know if they could see the house. Sure glad that I had everything clean and straight!!! Anyway. it was the man his wife, who is expecting another baby, and a young boy about 3. They went through it and really seemed to like it a lot. Her parents live up behind us a ways back. They were gone just about 10 minutes MAYBE and she called me and asked if it was OK if she brought her daughter to see the house. She said her daughter wanted to pick our her room first!! She is 8 years old. So she and her daughter came back along with her Mom. She said they were going to check in to getting financing on Monday. So yesterday evening she called and said that she had someone working on it and hoped to know something by the first part of this coming week. Their lease is up on their apartment on Sept. 1st. so maybe this will be a god thing!!
I went to the Wal-mart orientation but decided to put that on hold. After finding out that you can't transfer to another store for 6 months and if you quit you can't reapply for 1 year. So after talking with them we all came to the conclusion that it would be best to hold off and see just what would happen with the house. So they put me back into the computer as "rehirable" and that way if the house sells then I can go and reapply when we get back to MO. if I want to. And they seemed to really appreciate the fact that I told them about it now instead of waiting until the day they open the new store. Which is September 13.
So that is what has been happening here. I haven't been doing very good with my eating or exercise! I don't think I'm eating real bad but I'm not paying as much attention to it as I should be.
So how is everybody doing? I imagine everyone is getting ready for the schools to start again. I can't believe the grandkids start school here on Monday!! Seems like it gets earlier and earlier every year.
Sure hope all is going well with everyone and hope everyone is just busy and will be back to posting soon. Just wanted to pop in and say HI!
Karen
Old 08-02-2007, 09:07 PM   #21  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Hello Ladies

Back from oblivion...

Life has been incredibly crazy in the apple. For one I broke up with my boyfriend which really hurt me and put me into a state of depression. Then I'm taking another ex to court because i have to sue him to get money he owes me. Then i may be moving to a bigger apartment (which is actually good news) then the job is tense since some employees got arrested for stealing money.

I finally got some stability right now so now I'm actually sane enough to check in with my girls. I have to go back and catch up on all the posts but i should be more available now. Ofcourse in all this madness I gained weight but I'm back on the down hill slide from that.

So much drama
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 11:44 PM   #22  

I don't know what's happened with everyone. I miss all of you.

Dips: Congrats on your new apartment. Be sure to give us your new address.

Hope there's some new posts soon.

Cal
Old 08-13-2007, 12:04 AM   #23  

Hi Cal,
I'm hoping that are posts pick up pretty soon, I imagine after school starts things will pick up. We're still here trying to sell the house. It probably won't sell until the middle of winter and then we will have to try to get across Kansas in nasty weather.
How are things going for you? Have you had all the really bad heat there too? I know that yesterday it was 102 in MO. where my family lives.

HEY DIPS!! Where are you? Did you get moved? Are you liking a bigger apartment-- I'll bet so.

Well, I hope to hear from everyone soon. Sure hope everyone is OK.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:49 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 211/200/165

Height: 5' 2.5" (HW: 222)

Default Okay--here's a post for you all!

Hello, ladies! Hope the weather in your neck of the woods is better than it's been here in the Midwest. We in Chicago got the unusual on Thursday: a tornado watch for the city itself! The weather dynamics (of flow & updrafts & hot air & cold air masses, all that stuff) are usually voided out by the placement of Lake Michigan. Yeah, there's been tornadoes in the suburbs (where it's flat, easier for those air masses to battle it out)--but generally not here within the city itself, right by the lake. WELL, GUESS AGAIN!! This Thursday there was so much rain, so quickly, and so long, that the ground was sodden; trees got uprooted in the suburbs. Lightning struck others, knocked down huge branches about a mile from me, here on the north side. I actually heard the newsradio station warning people IN THE HIGHRISES DOWNTOWN (unheard of!) TO STAY AWAY FROM THE WINDOWS! Turns out we were supposed to have gotten a formal tornado warning for the city itself, but didn't--heads are supposed to roll for that--we'll see. I was SO glad DH was home from work, he just beat the worst of it home. Our power was out for nearly 4 & a half hours. Between my hoard of candles & a couple powerful flashlights, we were okay. We had sandwiches for dinner. One thing about the power being out: it's so quiet. Only then does one realize how much noise pollution we have all around us, even in our homes.

Anyway, we were among the lucky ones. I feel absolutely awful for those unlucky folks in Ohio, Minnesota, Wisconsin & other places that had so much terrible flooding. And then this is the second anniversary of Hurrican Katrina; New Orleans & Mississippi still aren't right. Those folks were given settlements nowhere approaching the replacement costs of their homes. Aaagh--I'm just feeling kinda blue today. Hope things are better for you all.

Cal, how's your foot doing? Did the doctor say your feet were pronated? Will you have to wear orthotics from now on, to keep them properly in place? How's teaching? (How's teaching, with a sore foot?) Hope you're feeling better.

Karen, sorry to hear about the problems selling your house. With some luck, maybe the family whose little girl 'picked out her room' will get the financing needed to buy it! Hopefully, you'll be able to relocate BEFORE the cold weather hits; there is still a good 4-6 weeks before fall really comes. At least you're still eating pretty well. I know how that goes. Let's face it, it's less effort to pay attention to eating right, than it is to actively exercise. My stationary bike is right behind me here, but I haven't been on it in weeks. Now that I've actually written those words (and am abashed to admit it), maybe I'll get off my duff and just ride the silly thing!

Dibs, so nice to see you write us again--keep it up! Sorry you & your boyfriend had to part ways, but don't you worry. You're too fabulous to stay down for very long! Besides, this way you can concentrate better on your studies. I know from my own youth that once I was involved with someone, my better study habits flew out the window! So buckle down & get that piece of paper--THEN you can get that piece of....MIND! (What did you think I was gonna say??!! Hah!)

Angie, I hope everything's going better for you. I think of you & how hard it must be to stay "good" while you're surrounded by temptation there in a bakery, and I think good thoughts for you.

cw, Have you had your yearly physical by now? Did you have your doc check your bloodwork, just to make sure all those little endocrine organs are doing what they're supposed to? If they aren't, you might not be losing weight, and it's not your fault! Check it out, I tell ya!

kempy, How's that awesome pool you keep dangling in front of us? Are you swimming your li'l heart out/swimming your lean muscle mass into ever-greater density (losing fat in the process, you lucky one!)? Hope you're having lots of fun with it!

Mele, I miss your Professor Snape avatar, but I understand there's more to life than Harry Potter! Actually, I miss you--here it is, August is only one week away from being over, and you didn't start us on it--and September's almost here! You're our main cheerleader y'know. This thread just isn't the same without you, lady! C'mon, back, now--do!

Okay--ball's in your courts, ladies! Let's "Get back to sexy!" again!

Love to you all,

--Virgo
FatToFitVirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 01:40 AM   #25  

I miss you guys.

Cal