Old 07-17-2007, 07:09 PM   #31  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

everyone!

Well I lied. I didn't lose that 1 lbs this week, I didn't lose anything. I could sit around and pout but I'm really don't have the patience for whining right now. I was a bad girl the last two weeks and I'm lucky I didn't gain. I'll start losing again this week and keep truckin.

Figured out how to fit in my workouts with the new job. Will be able to go up to 4 times a week.

I started my second job yesterday and it's good and bad. Good because it is EASY as **** and my co workers are funny. Bad because it is SO boring and tedious that I get super sleepy REALLY fast! I drank three cups of coffee today and it didn't help. Lucky for me, everyone including the TRAINER gets sleepy too so *shrugs*
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:59 PM   #32  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Good evening Shari and Jasmine...... and any onlookers

Today was a good day for me. I was down a pound from the three I gained over the weekend. Still got to really watch it since I have my first TOPS weigh-in on Thursday.

Shari, you have a good attitude so just keep on plugging and that weight will come off!

We are going out to dinner with my girlfriend from Arizona tomorrow night. I have already decided on Applebees and looked over their Weight Watchers menu to see that there are several yummy looking things I can order.

Jasmine, I do drink coffee. I also drink quite a bit of chai tea. At the moment I have two cups of coffee in the morning and a cup of iced coffee in the afternoon. Once a week we go to Starbucks and I usually have to large iced coffees. I put Splenda and fat free half-n-half at home and Splenda and half-n-half or soy at Starbucks. I will NOT give up my coffee!
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:49 PM   #33  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Jasonslea:

Glad you worked the new workouts in with the job! Don't worry about not losing, you will be down next week!

Pita:

You are down? Yeah!!! You know what? Some of that was probably water weight.

Applebees sounds good, maybe do a lighter lunch so you have extra room!

Quote:
Jasmine, I do drink coffee. I also drink quite a bit of chai tea. At the moment I have two cups of coffee in the morning and a cup of iced coffee in the afternoon. Once a week we go to Starbucks and I usually have to large iced coffees. I put Splenda and fat free half-n-half at home and Splenda and half-n-half or soy at Starbucks. I will NOT give up my coffee!
I don't blame ya on the coffee! Well I was doing 1 16 oz cup with 3 mini tub creamers for along time. Then I re read my book (fruit ONLY til noon) and reminded myself that I need to wait til noon for coffee, but when it is 90-100 degrees out who wants it then? lol

Anyhow, I do think it is an appetite supressant. Yesterday I had that 1 cup and I was able to stick to 1596 cals for the whole day and some other days I am going way over my allocated 1700. I think I need to make a huge poot of green tea today, that always seems to help me too for some reason.

Well My middle daughters actual birth day is coming up again. (We DID celebrate on 4th and had all her friends over and lots of food etc.)

She wants to go to Home Town Buffet (somewhere we normally go once every 5 months or so.)

Well with the kids gone last weekend and not wanting to spend $50.00 to go out to a steak house Joe and I went to H.T.B. (My ex rarely takes the kids, that was like the 5th visit in a year) Anyways, we had pizza the nite before(friday) I was so stressed I felt I deserved it. And I said it was my "out to eat day" but then we wanted to go out to dinner the next day and you know a buffet can be very scary.

Normally when I do a salad at home I will portion out ONE TBS of ranch and if it is in my food allowance, 1/4 cup shredded cheese, then lots of salad stuff. But when I go out to eat, I just dump on the dressing etc. *sigh*

I had a fried chicken thigh, some steak, was it 5 oz? Some mojo potatoes, and then some more. I had 3 rolls and 4 pats of butter! I had 2, 16 oz soft drinks. Then I had 3 of their little deserts. Chocolate mousse, pumpkin pie, cheesecake. (I did have fruit for breakfast and yogurt and walnuts for lunch)

Sunday was so/so my cals were 1770, has fruit and veggies and lean hamburger meat with bun , but turns out there was NO mustard and after thousand island, a smidge on my bun, and 1 tbs of ranch, and yogurt and cheese, and the killer was the oiled popcorn with butter! So 50% of the cals were from fat! 28% carbs, 21% protein.

Monday was 2236 cause there was popcorn left over. Thank goodness my % were fine.

Anyhow, my conclusion? I either didn't eat SOOO Much and maintained since I have been walking like crazy, or I may of gained 1 pound, then lost it. I think I maintained, the problem is I want to LOSE!!

Yeah I was really bad! Now you see why I didn't want to say on Monday. But like I say, you can always start over etc.

Okay so I am trying to formulate a plan for this weekend.

I am feeling strong today and I tell myself that I am walking like crazy and I WILL lose if I can just stick to the cals planned!! I am feeling strong and think if I can skim off some cals this week I can have a few extra for the weekend. KWIM?

So my first plan is to have NO soda this weekend! 8 oz is 100 cals right there. SO I can knock off 400 at HTB right there. I will portion my salad out just like I do at home and if I have to bring my measuring cups/spoons and look like a freak so be it!!

I still want the chicken and steak but I may go with the grilled chicken, and watch the portion of steak, 2 rolls, 2 pats of butter, 2 desserts, that is it!

Yeah I will still be overeating but I will work it in my cal pllan and it still won't be as much as I had last satruday!

Anyhow, I am aiming for another 1600 cal day today. Good luck everyone!

Now I did jump on the scale this a.m., still 213, so we are in the clear.

Last edited by Jasmine31; 07-18-2007 at 03:02 PM.
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:02 PM   #34  
I AM healthy!

Morning ladies! Hope I didn't scare anyone off with the food talk!

Okay so I am down a pound today!!! YEah!!!!! BUT I was insulted on my walk this a.m.!!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118322
Old 07-19-2007, 09:03 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 242/229.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Well hello ladies, it has been a while since I was on the board, read thru all the messages, seems like everyone is trying very hard, although you are all human as am I.

Jasmine I am glad the visit with Dad is over, I can certainly understand your stress, been there, done that. Your going so well with your walking and planning everthing, you said you were down a pound today, good for you. What did you mean you were insulted on your walk today?

Welcome Pita, seems you are also trying to plan things out well!

Jasonslea, good for you, new job and still fitting the workouts in, you go girl.

I seem to be maintaining my weight, would rather be losing but with the health problems, I guess for now I will be satisfied. Home just for a couple of days, getting tired of the cottage, we had a hole in the water pipe in the bathroom, so after three days of dh trying to fix it, in between reading his books, I took off, got the laundry done, went to my appt. got Dad to his and some shopping done, today was cleaning the house, I just seem to visit.

My daughter is now 95% decided to get married here, having just family, meaning her aunts and uncles and first cousin's along with a few friends of there's, I have no say, they are paying, so I guess as long as I show up, that is all that is required, except of course, I am paying for the wedding cake, some books she wants on making sure she does everything and does not forget anything, and of course since it will now be Nov. 30th (I think) she will have lots to do, she is also talking about getting a second job. We will do the rehersal dinner at our house as well. It is kind of bothering me, she has only one brother and he isn't in it. But shut my mouth I will, have been shutting it alot on my thoughts on his girlfriend, its darn near killing me though. Just offered to come home, his birthday weekend as she will be there for the better part of it. He was surprised, but thanked me. I do have to remind myself it is half his cottage and remind him as well.

So food today has not been too bad, I had two granola bars for breakfast, with my coffee and half and half and a sweetner (two cups) then one small piece of pizza with cheese, ham and pineapple on whole wheat crust. And some water, so have to get better at planning the food for when I am at home.

Take care ladies, hi VeggieGal, miss ya.
Sharon S.
Canuk4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 11:00 AM   #36  
I AM healthy!

Canuk!!! I have missed you so much hun! Thanx for the update.

Quote:
Jasmine I am glad the visit with Dad is over, I can certainly understand your stress, been there, done that. Your going so well with your walking and planning everthing, you said you were down a pound today, good for you.
He is annoying to no end. Yes I was down a pound, and I am now down another pound this a.m.!!!!

I have been doing the 90 minutes a day walking and have been keeping to 1600 cal limit for 4 days and voila, the pounds roll off! So 2 pounds in 4 days of doing this.

It is like I know this in my head, all it is is calories in vs. cals out then we get side tracked and fell like it is SO hard, then we get back on track it is like, this is SO easy, ya know?

Well we are supposed to go to home town buffet today so this will really help motivate me to be good. I am going to try to plan it out before I go.

Quote:
I seem to be maintaining my weight, would rather be losing but with the health problems, I guess for now I will be satisfied. Home just for a couple of days, getting tired of the cottage, we had a hole in the water pipe in the bathroom, so after three days of dh trying to fix it, in between reading his books, I took off, got the laundry done, went to my appt. got Dad to his and some shopping done, today was cleaning the house, I just seem to visit.
Well even if you are maintaining, that is good, but still get your fruits and veggies in, that helps your body to fight things off.

Is the water pipe fixed? Awwww....I hope so! Our car was down for 8 days with dh trying to fix it and then finally we found out it was something different than we originally though. PTL it is fixed and we had the money! $120.00.

Quote:
But shut my mouth I will, have been shutting it alot on my thoughts on his girlfriend, its darn near killing me though. Just offered to come home, his birthday weekend as she will be there for the better part of it. He was surprised, but thanked me. I do have to remind myself it is half his cottage and remind him as well.
I know it is hard to be quiet with the kids but that is all we can do hun. Same thing over here with my ex and the kids. So many lies and garbage it is all we can do to be quiet and smile along. *hugz* We both will help each other thru this!

Quote:
So food today has not been too bad, I had two granola bars for breakfast, with my coffee and half and half and a sweetner (two cups) then one small piece of pizza with cheese, ham and pineapple on whole wheat crust. And some water, so have to get better at planning the food for when I am at home.
Sounds good! Come back soon!!

Pita!!! Where are ya hun? I seen on your ticker in another forum you are down 4.5 pounds!!! Whooohoooo! I am so proud of you!!! Keep it up sweetie! Your hard work is paying off!!

Veggie girl and marblesfly and hun e b and martiniforme and every one else needs to come back! Sd gal!

Hi to Jasons lea, hope you are doing good!

Well if I am able to keep this up, I should be 199 by the end of August. I REALLY want that!!!

On another note, I am so thankful to God, and proud of hubby. If anyone remembers back in Dec he started applying for the City? Well bottom line, he had a crappy job out here for a few years and I told him the way to go would be city/state/school job. So he applied any time an opening came up in the few city's up here like code enforcement/security guard/custodian,/ dog catcher , etc.

Nothing panned out. Well last Dec. a p/t maintenance position for the city came up and he applied. They said 25-32 hours per week, starts at $12.89 an hour, alot more than he is making now at old job! (sad to say lol) Even though it is p/t it is a foot in the door.

So anyhow, by March he gets an interview and we really felt it was the job for him, no go. He didn't get it. He kept checking back though to see if they had more openings and come June guess who was calling him cause there were more openings in that position? Hooray!!! June 5th he had the interview, found out a week later they picked him, BUT were sweating bullets for almost 3 weeks due to him needing a physical as a pre hiring requirement.

He is in great shape but broke his back sledding a few years ago. PTL he completely recovered and can run/work/is the most hard working energetic person I know, but still has rods in his back. He could not get back in his original field of heavy equipment cause of that.

Anyhow, the county doc approved him. Hooray!

They also said he will start at $13.28 per hour. They said he will be on probation for a year but if a ft position comes up before then he can apply like everyone else and maybe get it. We are really excited and there is lots of room to move up.

If anyone cares to, please pray for us! This is our big break and w/out a college education, it may be the only break.

He starts tomorrow. He was trying to see if he could make up the extra hours with his old job a day a week or so but manager said yes, big boss said no.

Anyhow getting ready to zoom for my walk, already recorded the minutes. Have a great day everyone! We CAN do this!!
Quote:
What did you mean you were insulted on your walk today?
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118322

This is a link to the thread where I was complaining about it! lol
Old 07-21-2007, 01:14 PM   #37  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

everyone!

Pita, let me know how is goes at Applebees. I've never been.

Jasmine ~ Jerk! I probably would have kagged him or something.

Hi Canuk!

So my first week at my new job is officially over. Super easy, just requires LOTS of coffee! My co workers are a riot, I'm always laughing and sometimes blushing because they can get really raw. Next week, we get our own cubicles! I get to decorate and everything! We have a big industrial size refrigerator in the breakroom and I'm going to buy a large insulated bag and make sure I have plenty healthy snacks ready. Plus water, lots of BOTTLE water! You can't drink the water at either one of my jobs. Seriously! Every other woman is PREGNANT! I don't want to pull a Virgin Mary! Having two jobs means I'll be getting paid every week and will be able to save up for my move in December so I'm smiling alot these days!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:19 PM   #38  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine31 View Post
[COLOR="Magenta"]Pita!!! Where are ya hun? I seen on your ticker in another forum you are down 4.5 pounds!!! Whooohoooo! I am so proud of you!!! Keep it up sweetie! Your hard work is paying off!!

Aww thanks for noticing I am very pleased with myself and plan to stay the course and get this weight off. I cleaned out my closet today and all my size 20's went bye-bye. I've got the 16's ready to go the moment I get a bit more off.

Shari, Applebees was really good. I had the confetti chicken and my Joe had the steak and portobello mushrooms. Both had steamed broccoli. The portion size was way smaller than what our friends ate for their dinners, but we got out of there for under 400 calories each. Two of my friends split a dessert that was 1100 calories!
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 11:44 PM   #39  
I AM healthy!

Jasonslea:

I am glad the jobs are going good, bring your own water! lol

Yeah i hope I don't see him again!

Pita:
Quote:
I am very pleased with myself and plan to stay the course and get this weight off.
You will. It is just a simple numbers game. I KNOW that and then when i goof up, I forget, then get back on plan and it works. *sigh*

Quote:
I cleaned out my closet today and all my size 20's went bye-bye. I've got the 16's ready to go the moment I get a bit more off.
Great idea. I seen a post from a lady who said when she grows out of a size she packs it up for good will! I went thru my clothes the other day and alot are TOOO TOOO big! I am swimming in some. That just makes me feel frumpy. I have a few things that fit now. (Well you know how we women are, a few things could be like 25 things but hey! We need a variety. )

Anyhow then I have a few things that are tooo tight. So I bagged up all the toooooo big clothes and the stuff that once winter hits will definately be TOOOO big. Don't forget to save something to show yourself later! Like THE BIG JEANS!

I kept my old BIG belt and took a pic last year of both dh and I in it together!

Anyhow I was down two for the week and am looking forard to another 2-3 next week.

Looking back on my fitday from one saturday to the next 5 weeks later and I lost 10 pounds in that time. Whooohoooo!!!!
Old 07-24-2007, 09:53 AM   #40  
I AM healthy!

Marblesfly: get back in here!! I miss ya!

Okay so the buffet went fine, I stuck to my plan and halfed the desserts. I wound up at 2200 cals that day. Okay so I am down another pound this a.m.! First for the week hooray!!!

My foot is hurting so I think I will not walk today. How is everyone else doing?
Old 07-24-2007, 11:48 AM   #41  
I AM healthy!

Well I took a shower and got dressed , put my shoes on and then I felt like I just HAD to go for a walk! lol

50 minutes and since I met my goal of 1500 minutes, I reset my ticker for a 2000 minute goal! Yeah!!!
Old 07-24-2007, 02:00 PM   #42  
prepare for the BEST time

I'm here, I'm here!!!!! just so busy at work........then i have to meet my favorite person (trainer) at the gym...we have a love/hate relationship...he makes me do exercises I hate so I can love my body...HAH!

i wish the pounds would roll off of me when i stick to program....I can just LOOK at cake and they seem to stick.......i'm having some health issues that i'm testing for now, so we'll see.

jasmine, congrats to hubby and you......hang in there, it will work out....there were many years where I worked 7 days a week to make the ends meet...I waitressed every weekend and worked my reg. job all week when my daughter was young and I didn't just pinch pennies, I strangled them....

i'll beback later and I'll read the thread to catch up, post in-depth...I have to finish grades.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:44 AM   #43  
I AM healthy!

Hooray!!!! Marbles is back!!!

Quote:
I'm here, I'm here!!!!! just so busy at work........then i have to meet my favorite person (trainer) at the gym...we have a love/hate relationship...he makes me do exercises I hate so I can love my body...HAH!
That is great. What kind of exercises are you doing?

Quote:
wish the pounds would roll off of me when i stick to program....I can just LOOK at cake and they seem to stick.......i'm having some health issues that i'm testing for now, so we'll see.
Well look at how great you are doing! 29 pounds!!! The more you weigh, the more they tend to roll off, but when you weigh less, it is harder. It will happen though. Are you walking as well?
Quote:
i'm having some health issues that i'm testing for now, so we'll see.
I hope it is not your thyroid. Let us know.

Quote:
jasmine, congrats to hubby and you......hang in there, it will work out....there were many years where I worked 7 days a week to make the ends meet...I waitressed every weekend and worked my reg. job all week when my daughter was young and I didn't just pinch pennies, I strangled them....
Awww sweetie! Did the ex pay child support? I hope she appreciates that now, how hard you worked to take care of her.

Well he is on his 3rd day. The first day they sent him out with a lady who is p/t like him but has been there a while. She was showing him the two parks she does, fixing sprinklers, set timers, trim hedges, etc, general maintenance stuff.

The supervisor sends them out in trucks and said everything was hay wire this week and he would figure out where to put him later. So Tuesday another guy shows up, John and he is higher up than the girl, he is maintenance II. They have p/t maintenance aide and then maintenance level I, II, and III and then supervisor is at the top.

Well when they got back to the yard yesterday his supervisor called him over and said John called him on the phone and was impressed with what Joe knew and could do and that he asked if Joe could stay with him at the 2 parks instead of him being placed on the mower crew, or tree trimming.

(They have crews that go out to all the parks and just do that all day.) He wanted him to stay at those two parks and help take care of them. SO basically they are skipping him over the two less skilled crews. Hooray!!! So same pay, but more prestigious. So basically it seems to me that he would have a better chance of moving up quicker. Yeah!!!!! Oh he was supposed to work mon-thursday this week and his boss asked him if he would mind working friday as well this week. Yeah 40 hours!!!

He said next week his schedule would be sun-wed. That is great he is getting an extra day in! But I am a lil surprised. So maybe once in a while he can get an extra day here and there. That would be great. We'll see.

(Joe found out from the lady that the one park in particular is the City's prize park and the mayor goes there, they have big wig party's there, etc, so they have to keep it immaculate, grass really green, etc.)

I am so proud of him.

Well I am doing good with the calories and the exercise. Joes b~day is today so ......I want pizza! lol BUT I am telling myself to hold off til saturday, for 1, by then as long as I am good today and tomorrow(and yesterday) I SHOULD be able to be down 1 more pound. Then saturday I could maintain. But if we celebrate today that could throw a wrench in my plans. lol

How is every one else doing???
Old 07-25-2007, 10:03 AM   #44  
I AM healthy!

Oh Marbles I did want to mention that IF you do have a problem w/ your thyroid I have read in a few places that soy may interact and aggravate it.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:41 AM   #45  
I AM healthy!

Well ladies We did celebrate yesterday, I just tallied up my food cals and it says 2486. Not bad seeing as how my maintenance was 3100 or so yesterday with walking. I have Thursday, friday, and saturday to get down a pound in time for sunday weigh in, I can do it!

I also took and bought 2 new dresses yesterday!! one I was really excited about, it is black with white polka dots and I tried it on a few weeks ago and I think I looked more hippy then.

But didn't have the money for it anyways. Well I forgot to mention as well dh got his last check from his old work and even though he would of been a few weeks shy of his 2 year mark, they sent him off with vacation pay as well!! Yeah!

So I was going to buy a few things and they had lots of cute stuff but I reminded myself I am still losing so to just get a FEW things! This should tide me over for now. Oh the black jean pants I tryed on were a 16, they said "stretchy" but no elastic, so just basically some extra give, KWIM? They fit! BUT I had to suck it in. I thought about getting them but what will I wear them with? An old big bulky shirt? (Cause it was really emphasizing my tummy being all squished. )

I want to start wearing tops that fir more normally and as long as the pants arent skin tight I am able to do that so I figured, Ill wait.

Back to the dress, I could NOT find it any where so I started grabbing other stuff and trying it on and on a trip out to my cart I seen ONE dress in a take back cart. Guess what? XL and it was marked down from 25.00 to 12.50!!!!
It was the polka dot one I wanted.

Hooray!!!

Anyhow so I got that and a black sleeveless one. I may even take pictures here soon and show ya all.

How is everyone else doing?