Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:21 AM   #17  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Hi, everyone! Wow, is everyone THAT busy? I miss the board the way it USED to be.

I don't have much to report. I haven't braved the scales lately. I've been eating more than normal just because it seems to help with my energy level. Maybe I'm working it all off just healing?? One can hope, I suppose. Maybe I'll brave them today....maybe. I may not find my braveness until after my surgery. lolol I know I"ll lose a little when they take all my "parts" out. lolol

So Linda, how are you?
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:57 PM   #18  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi everyone, Just wanted to pop in and say hello. We've had DH's sister visiting us last week, but she left yesterday morning, so I hope to post more this week.

Everything still the same on the diet front. I ate a little more than usual over the weekend, but nothing too high (still stayed under 1600 per day on those days). I'm trying to keep my calories around 1200- 1300 to try to push to my goal. BOY IS IT SLOW GOING........

Diana, The only surgeries I have had have been C-sections, but DH and DD, who each had two (pretty) big surgeries last year, tell me that it takes quite a while to recover. In fact, my DD11, seemed to take most of a year to get her energy back. Not that I think it will take you that long, but just give yourself time. Is DH a good nurse?

Hi Linda, How are things with you? When do you go in for your surgery?

Emily, Oh I love Mexican food (actually, I seem to say that about every kind of food...hmm...) so if I could only have it when I was traveling, I would want it for every meal. I think it's a smart move to get back on track and then wait a week to weigh. The sodium from one mexican meal takes me almost a week to recover from.

Do any of you garden? We are doing a small garden this year and have an abundance of zucchini. I need some zucchini ideas if you've got them. Have a great afternoon.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 05:06 PM   #19  
Onward and Downward

Hi again . . .

I'm having a really strange day . . . a bit 'out of sorts' . . . probably a knee-jerk-reaction to my life suddenly calming down again. But, not to worry, nothing keeps me down for long so I'm sure I'll be back to normal (or whatever passes for 'normal' ) soon.

My weight creeping back up as we approach WWI (Wednesday Weigh In) isn't helping either. For some strange reason, I often have a nice number from the FFM on Sunday and then it's back up by WWI. Nasty old scale-. I'm thinking of changing my official day to Sunday . . . but probably some offshoot of 'Murphy's Law' would then make Wednesday turn into the 'best' (read lowest) day. Oh well. Nowhere to go but down (I hope).

Oh wow, DIANA . . . I know exactly what you mean . . . I have no idea what has happened to so many of the old crowd . . . even our very own Tina is totally MIA Hey, good threads come and good threads go, I guess. I post in a few different places on 3FC -- most of them somewhat specialized (Diabetes Forum; Age 50 Plus Forum; Crazy Canuks; Volumetrics) -- but I really do suggest you roam around a little and start posting in new places as well as here. I know I'd be lost without the support network at 3FC and sometimes you just have to expand that network a little.

Hi TAMMY . . . Good to see you too. My surgery is September 20 and I know it will be a long time healing for me. Oh well, like Diana, I hope it will eventually be worth a few little pounds. Know that you also post in various places around 3FC because we do bump into each other from time to time.

Anyway, Chickies . . . have a great evening and I hope to be seeing you again soon . . . both here and elsewhere on this great big site . . .
Old 07-10-2007, 05:51 PM   #20  
~~Maintainer!~~

Linda, Funny that you mention having a lower weigh in on Sundays. I do that too, and I have finally decided that it is because I sleep slightly later on weekends and weigh slightly later and for whatever reason that translates into a lower weight on weekends. I'm crossing my fingers for your weigh-in tomorrow.

I do post in different areas, well, really where-ever strikes my fancy. And Diana, I would also encourage you to expand your network, as Linda so aptly puts it. There are many great areas of 3FC and I enjoy seeing the ladies from this thread out and about on other threads also. I visit the 100 lb club most days, usually just to read, but I occasionally post, and occasionally in the support forum. I usually click the "New Posts" tab and read whatever sounds like something I would be interested in.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:16 AM   #21  
Onward and Downward

Oh Ugh . . .

Remember the Tortoise . . . Remember the Tortoise . . . Remember the Tortoise . . . Hardly a day goes by that I don't say that to someone somewhere around 3FC.

Guess I just have to keep telling myself the same thing . . . especially every Wednesday as I watch my weight on my "official" day of the week sit about 2 pounds higher than it was the Sunday before . . . but, at least it is a magnificent 0.2 lower than it was last Wednesday. Oh well . . . the general direction is encouraging and the things I've learned and the good habits I've formed in the past year and a half are also encouraging.

Oh . . . yeah . . . Good Morning everybody . . . . . . and thanks for the , Tammy . . . your heart was definitely in the right place. Too bad the scale- had other ideas.

See you later . . . Keep things moving and shaking, gang . . .
Old 07-12-2007, 03:34 PM   #22  
Onward and Downward

Hi there . . .

I have to throw a little over my stupid scale. It was down to 226.6 again this morning -- naturally, now that it's not official. Since I'm feeling a little jaded about this weight-loss-stuff today; thought I give you this list to add to your pile of reading . . .

D I E T is a four-letter word . . . that really means . . .

Disallowing Imperfection Equals Trouble
Dangerously Inadvisable Eating Tactics
Deprivation Inevitable Everything Taboo
Don’t Imagine Eating Treats
Definitely Inviting Eternal Torment
Deceptive Industry Eating Trap
Desperately Impossible Eating Targets
Doomed Investment Every Time
Determined Initial Enthusiasm Temporary
Done In Every Time
Deny Ingesting Everything Tasty
Did I Eat Today

Hope you all have a really great day . . . see you soon . . .
Old 07-13-2007, 08:01 AM   #23  
Onward and Downward

Hi there . . .

It's Friday the 13th again and looks like another humid day is shaping up for Atlantic Canada. Think I'll just go into hibernation mode for today.

Have a fun day, gang. Keep doing the good stuff. See you soon . . .
Old 07-14-2007, 12:28 AM   #24  
~~Maintainer!~~

Linda, I like the acronym = Dangerously Inadvisable Eating Tactics. That's what most of my "diets" were in the past anyway.

Who says you can change your ticker now? Just because it's not Wednesday doesn't mean you haven't lost the weight. Heck, I change mine the first day the scale keeps that number the majority of the time.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:27 AM   #25  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Oh I know, Tammy . . . sometimes I just like to have something to whine about. It's up again this morning. Probably because of the humidity yesterday. Now it's sort of like I have a contest going with the scale- and I have to prove that I can out wait him.

Have a great day, gang . . . see you later . . .
Old 07-15-2007, 08:50 AM   #26  
Onward and Downward

Hi again . . .
Old 07-16-2007, 01:16 PM   #27  
Diana

hi everyone. we had a weekend trip to take the kids to magic springs in hot springs arkansas. it was fun...the kids really enjoyed it. although, i rode 2 roller coasters (less than two weeks after surgery)...not the smartest thing i've ever done. i was seriously sore the next day (yesterday). i could tell halfway thru the first one that i was going to be sore...then like a dummy i got on another one. how dumb is that? guess i deserved my soreness. i figured i'd take advantage of being able to do it...my second surgery is coming up in less than two weeks...i won't be doing much of anything for atleast 6 weeks after it. sounded like a good excuse anyway.
i ate way too much sodium while we were out. i know i've gained weight...and i'm swollen on top of that. i figure i'm going to lose some with surgery though....especially this surgery. i'll be making an attempt this week at cutting back (hope it's not too half-hearted)....we'll see what happens.

hope everyone's having a wonderful day!!
Old 07-18-2007, 08:18 AM   #28  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning Diana (and anybody else who's out there) . . . Hope everybody has a great day . . . see you soon.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:57 AM   #29  
Diana

Hi Linda and other ladies!! Well, I'm one week out from surgery. Gettin' just a tap nervous...although not probably as bad as I'll be this time next week. There's just as much to be excited about post-surgery as there is to be nervous about pre-surgery. Maybe that's why.....Poor hubby is scared to death. He keeps asking me, "You promise you're gonna be okay? You promise you'll come out of surgery?" I think I've done more comforting to everyone else than I've received from anyone. How backwards is that? LOLOL Not complaining....it's just funny to me.

Still haven't braved the scales since right after first surgery. It just can't be good. I'm wanna wait til I know something's been lost (my reproductive system!!!) before I get back on 'em.....although when I go to Dr. MOnday, I'm sure they'll weigh me. UGH!! Keep me in your prayers, guys! Please!

TTYL!
Diana
Old 07-19-2007, 10:13 AM   #30  
Onward and Downward

Hi DIANA and everybody else - wherever you are.

Got a kick out of your DH and his worries, Chickie. Men are so funny (silly)sometimes. Have you discovered the Hystersisters web-site yet? Some good information on there. http://www.hystersisters.com/ Have a look.

Better get myself moving and shaking. Many things to do and places to go . . . see you later . . .