3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Weight Loss and Chitchat #257 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/116321-weight-loss-chitchat-257-a.html)

PinkSands 06-30-2007 07:41 PM

Good Evening Ladies:wave:

Another beautiful day here...haven't had to turn the AC on since he installed the new one LOL...nothing much going on but exercise...had to call my isp yesterday couldn't get online so they came out and fixed whatever it was...went to see Live Free or Die Hard Thursday with the boy, then went and saw it again yesterday...well just wanted to check in, gonna cook a chicken breast for my dinner and watch a movie...Have a Good Evening All.

Marti - Yes the treadmill is still going, makes some funky noises but it's still going LOL Hubby told me to go buy an elliptical but I have to figure out where I am gonna put it first.

Pink Jane
Your next WDW vacation is 71 days away!

FrouFrou 06-30-2007 08:15 PM

Hello ladies...

Well, was worried for a while with all this flooding going on. It hasn't rained much today but supposed to tonight and tomorrow. Hoping it dries out some tomorrow and Monday...fence posts are going in regardless! Should be fun trapsing around in the mud, ugh. I hate this...V took off Friday because we were supposed to go to a wedding. Well, that was cancelled due to his nieces' fiance kicking her out a couple of months ago. Not sure if they worked it out and got back together or not but the wedding was off. V kept the day so that we could start on the fence and here it is Sunday tomorrow and NOTHING has been done! Nothing can be done. Just glad they got the sprinklers in and working before the rain hit...at least something got done around here.

MINDEE...thanks! It is still raining here though. Hope the kids are well. I saw the pictures a few days ago...GREAT family picture!

JANE...this rain is horrible! V's step-mom has family in one town that was evacuated because of the flooding and the power being out.

MARTI...how fun and interesting. That would be cool if they picked your town.

PINKJANE...I take it the movie was good! Glad you guys liked it.

SUE...be safe going to Vegas. How long will you guys be there?

TAMMY...what an interesting mix! While in AR it was weird for me to hear the southerners talk. Ha, I used to be one of them until I moved to CA. We have no plans for the 4th. I might get some fireworks and save them for when Josh comes home, lol. I think he would like that. But we won't be doing any. We are going to grill some steaks and that's about it...working on the fence and pergola hopefully. V, DH has the whole week off due to shut down so we have to get something done.

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Have a funeral to go to Monday...it is going to kill me! It's the brother of a co-worker of V's. His little brother was killed in Iraq :cry: This on top of bad news from Josh...just keeps adding up. I hate this war!

Anywho...pretty boring day around here. The weather is making me feel blah and I think I have slept most of the day, lol. Not really funny though.

Hope everyone is having a better weekend!

tommysgirl18 07-01-2007 01:54 AM

hello ladies....just checking in to see how every one is doing.

nothing new on this end.....Sunday is our day of relaxing after being busy busy bees on Friday night and then on Saturday all day and into the evening. it was a lot of fun though! the kids were great! Brandon never took a nap on Saturday and Logan didn't take one until about 8pm....which is usually about the time he goes to bed. but they were great at the fireworks, on both nights.

Cristina~ I hope you can get your fence done! Good luck trapsing in the mud! Thanks for the nice comments on the pictures. That picture was taking on the back porch of my parent's house.

Jane 07-01-2007 09:54 AM

It's July! :D

Mindee - maybe you can find the book at the library. The middle part is focused on the man's recovery, and can be tedious, but as I said, the beginning where he describes heaven is awesome. I hope it's truly like that.

Marti - did you have fun with the girls, and did you get any sleep, lol. Wow, that would be cool if your town got the first showing of the movie. Keep us posted on that.

PJ - our minister turned the movie title Live Free or Die Hard into a sermon a couple of weeks ago, lol. Ya just gotta love Bruce Willis, right?

Cristina - aww, can you share what bad news you got from Josh? :hug: Hope you get your fence posts in soon. Mary and Dale are going to fence in part of their yard and get another dog. Enjoy your week off with V. I bet you'll get a lot done.

Hello to anyone else reading this. :wave:

Since I can't walk on a treadmill anymore, I've been walking around my house every other day, on the walk Neal put all the way around it. Twenty trips around it is a mile. Faithful Molly usually follows me the whole way, lol. I set out 20 pennies on the front porch and pick up one every lap. On rainy or too hot days, I do the elliptical. I still need to find something for upper body strength that I'll actually do on a regular basis.

Mary and her family are coming home tonight... YAY!! :cp: I've missed the DGDs like crazy cakes, and can't wait to get some hugs and smooches.

I hope your Sunday is peaceful and fun. :cool:

PinkSands 07-01-2007 07:44 PM

Good Evening Ladies:wave:

Woo Hoo it's July vacation is getting closer...another beautiful day here...Hubby called he is stuck in a loop running between Pennsylvania and Ohio and not happy LOL...hope everyone had a good weekend...nothing exciting goin on here...well I am gonna make a turkey burger for my dinner Have a Good Evening All.

Cristina - YES!! it was most excellant!!

Jane - LOL I just love Mr. Willis

Pink Jane
Your next WDW vacation is 70 days away!

tommysgirl18 07-02-2007 12:31 AM

Jane~ I will have Tommy check to see if our local library has that book. thanks for the recommendation!

Marti 07-02-2007 12:32 PM

Good Morning ladies--

I got my walk in this morning. It's a morning thing for the summer time as it gets too hot! Plus...I'm hoping to start riding a little after work, get the tush used to the seat! :lol:

Did my WI this morning. I'm down 2lbs from last week. That was a happy site for me. :yes:

Told my hubby that w/the weather creeping up to the 90's that we need to limit oven and stove use. Take advantage of the grill. He has no problem w/that!

Let's see if I can quickly do indi's.

Mindee--Good for you for getting back OP. After having a baby it's really hard to find time for yourself. I'm sure you'll do fabulous.

Cristina--How is your Pergola coming along?? Are you still having troubles logging in? If so I will PM the gals and see if anyone else is having problems.

Jane--I'm needing a hair color and trim. It's at the growing out stage that I just can't stand. I'm thinking of trimming it myself here in a minute. Driving me mad really, but do I really want to risk the funky look I may cause? :shrug:

Sue--Vegas heat......gotta be gruesome. I hope you at least get to enjoy your time there rather than be miserable trying to stay cool.

Tammy--No plans for the 4th for me. Jhanai will be w/friends and hubby will be working. So.....I'll just be keeping busy here w/my yard work that never ends.

PJ--Are you wanting an elliptical? I would prefer to have one over the treadmill but at the time we got this, James was to use it too and he doesn't like the elliptical......hmmm....James only used the darn treadmill a few times.........wonder whats up w/that!? :lol:

Ok ladies....I need to go dry my hair and eat some breakfast before work. Plus, a second cup of coffee sounds marvelous. Have a wonderful Monday and I'll chat w/ya all soon.

PinkSands 07-02-2007 06:53 PM

Good Afternoon Ladies:wave:

Just got off the treadmill, have to pick the boy up at 6 it's his early day so I thought I would check in...Hubby called from Cincy he has to go to Kentucky then on to Atlanta then to Chicago LOL told him it's something different finally...finally warming back up here 85 today, suppose to be in the 90's the rest of the week...having a chicken breast for dinner tonite...well I need to get it together and pick the boy up Have a Good Evening All.

Marti - I'm thinking about an elliptical, something different then the treadmill.

Pink Jane
Your next WDW vacation is 69 days away!

Jane 07-02-2007 09:09 PM

Hi ladies,

PJ - woohoo, you're vacation countdown is in the 60's! :carrot:

Mindee - ok. :)

Marti - yay for 2# down! :cp: Hey, don't forget to uses the crock pot to help keep the kitchen cool during the summer months. I use it all year long, actually, but appreciate more in the summer.

Sue, Julie, Cristina - hiya.

Hello to anyone else reading this, especially the Jaded Ladies who haven't checked in for awhile. :wave: Mary Kate, Jen, Sassy, Vann, Jodi, Karin, hmmm.. I feel I'm leaving someone out, but please forgive me if I did.

I've had one of those days that seem to be busy, and just fly by, but then when you think about it, you really can't seem to list any accomplishments. :dizzy: Katie is here doing laundry. I'm wondering how often I'll see her when she ever gets her own washer and dryer, lol.

My friend Dixie is coming over tomorrow afternoon to scrapbook with me. She's never done it before, but has lots of supplies after our recent trip to Hobby Lobby! :D Anyway, I hope she likes it well enough to join the monthly crop parties with the others and me.

TTFN!

tommysgirl18 07-02-2007 11:18 PM

nothing new on this end.....just been hanging out with the kiddos and Tommy. we are going to the fireworks where he used to work at on Tuesday. the kiddos godparents (one set) will get to see them, and see Marissa for the first time. so, it should be a lot of fun!

Marti~ WTG on the 2#!! I am hoping to get like how I was last time......where I was keeping my booty OP and working out every day. It has been cold here after dinner, so we haven't been able to walk, but it is getting warmer now so we should be able to get the walking after dinner started again.

Jane~ I have days like those all the time! It gets to where Tommy will ask me what all I did and I will have to sit and wrack my brain to try and remember. That sounds like fun, having your friend over to scrap book! We scrap booked one for our engagement/dating life. Now, we need to get all the rolls of film developed and start one for each of the kids like we had planned on doing! (I know....easier said then done) lately though I have been spending time looking for a new apartment. our lease is up after Halloween, so we are going to be either moving or seeing if we can get a 6 month lease to hold us over until spring time.

Marti 07-03-2007 12:29 PM

Morning ladies!

This is a great work week. Short. :D I hate the fact that James will be working tomorrow so no going out and enjoying some displays. May go to a town where a friend I work with lives and watch the parade.

PJ--Starting on an elliptical after not being on one for so long....kicks my butt! :lol: But so worth it. You get a lot of benefits from using the thing!

Jane--Crock pot! Forgot about that thing. I'll have to pull it out and make something with it. Horrible thing last night....James made cookies, and I was taking the last batch out of the oven...........and forgot to turn the oven off!! Woke up to a very very warm kitchen this morning! Sheesh! Way to keep cool!

Mindee--I remember Jhanai's first Fourth. She slept through the noisy parade, which consisted of a lot of gun fire (western themed) and she slept through the fireworks at the end of the night. I was so worried that it would scare her but she slept through it all!!

Good morning to the rest of you.

Ok...I'm out of here. Need to start getting ready for work and get myself another cup of coffee :coffee:

Have a great day!

tommysgirl18 07-03-2007 02:43 PM

hello ladies....nothing new on this end. just thought I would get on here since the kiddos, well the boys anyways, are asleep. I have a Marissa cuddle bug on my lap.

Marti~ that is how Brandon was for his first fourth. I thought he was going to be the same way, but he slept right through everything. I am hoping that she will be like that. we have already taken her to two seperate displays and she slept through/fell asleep to them.

sz2atheart 07-03-2007 03:31 PM

HAPPY EARLY 4TH OF JULY!!

Jane--Yup, you forgot me :( But you are forgiven!! I would love to scrapbook but have no one to introduce me. My sis does, but she lives in WVa. Other sis is not interested. I'll probably start when I have grandbabies, which is not to soon, I hope.

Mindee--How are the kiddo's. My sis is also wondering about taking her almost 2yr old to the fireworks. Afraid that he will be scared and then worried how she will make it through the crowd for a quick getaway if he starts screaming.

Marti--My dd treated me to a new doo around Mother's Day. I went to see "John Paul"...very "sweet-what-a-waste", but great hair stylist. I've had short, curled with a curling iron, that falls apart in an hour without a ton of spray hair for the past 20 yrs. I had let the layers grow out as much as possible and Sweet JP cut it all one length, colored and hi-lighted and did his magic for over 3 hrs. Cost my daughter $230. I'm used to going to the Hair Butchery, I mean Hair Cuttery and pay Pixie $20 for a cut. Follow-up doo with Sweet JP cost me another $125. (he touched up my roots) I love the cut and have had tons of compliments but don't know if I can afford my hair affair with Sweet JP forever! Congrats on the 2lb weight loss!!!

Pinky--I have an elliptical, love it....then again, I need to dust if off cause I haven't been on it for a while!

Cristina--I think about you often especially when my son comes to visit. I hope all is well with Josh. I think I told you before that we have close friends that also have a son Josh and he is stationed in Alaska. We got to see him father's day weekend. He came home for his sis's graduation and his mother's dance recital (she owns a dance studio). My son grew up with him. Justin, took me to the commissary today. Wow, the prices are so good. I only get to shop there a few times a year cause when Justin comes home, there is not always time. He has to cram in visits to his father, grandparents, friends etc. I'm just happy with the time I can spend with him. He hopes to be able to spend two days with us at the beach in a few weeks. Again, my thoughts are with you, your family and Josh.

I've had off for 5 days and it has been a whirlwind. Got the living/dining room painted on Fri. Wallpapered under the chair-rail in the DR all day Sat. Sunday we met my daughter's fiance's parents for lunch. It went really well. They are a delightful couple and very down to earth. Yesterday we went to the country club to check out the facility for dd's wedding reception and then when to the pool for a few hours, then on to Costco, shopped for material for my dining room curtains, threw steaks on the grill and finished the day doing laundry. Today I did the commissary with my son, finishing laundry and straightening up the house awaiting the arrival of my step-daughter's visit tonight. She is in grad school at NC State. She'll be visiting until Sunday. I have to work the next 3 days, my dh is off, so he can spend some quality time with his dd. I gained .4 on my weigh-in on Sunday, but considering that I ate out 4 nights and my TOM is due any minute, I wasn't disappointed.

I hope everyone has a safe and wonderul 4th of July. Take care Ladies!

tommysgirl18 07-03-2007 04:15 PM

Tammy~ the kiddos are doing great! I told Brandon and Logan that they had to take naps if they wanted to go to the fireworks, see the horses and see Uncle Joe and Aunt Liz. Surprisingly I didn't get fought on them taking naps, but then again, Logan never fights me, it is always Brandon that does. Has your sis taking the little one to fireworks before? all three of mine have been to fireworks since they were babies, so we know that they will do well.

Jane 07-04-2007 10:27 AM

Happy Independence Day, Ladies!

Marti - I copied the properties of the pic you sent me, but it wouldn't work. :( I'm such a doofus when it comes to stuff like that! Katie will have to show me how to do that. It was really cute, and I saved the link. Thank you so much!

Tammy - oops! I may have forgotten to mention you, but you're never forgotten! Oh how I wish you could come to our scrapbook crops, and we'd help you learn! You'd love it. And so would the other JLs who scrapbook. One of the members of my church is a pro at it, and used to sell the supplies. She has such good ideas! Tammy, since you're a nurse, please be sure to read what I wrote about Neal below. Don't you think a 'script was in order?

Mindee - why are you wanting to move? Anyway, good luck finding something. My Katie's first time at the fireworks was awful! She screamed and was so scared that Neal left with her, and I stayed with Mary. (My son was 15, and was with his friends.)

Mary Kate called me yesterday morning with an update. Her life is chaotic right now. She is still having trouble with her wrist, her husband is home on disability now, & her stepdaughter and toddler granddaughter are moving in next weekend. So her plate is full and I'm asking you to keep her in your prayers that she'll be able to handle all these things. WE LOVE YOU, MARY KATE!!!

To those who are having trouble with the site loading slow, are you on AOL? It was mentioned awhile back that AOL users may have more trouble.

Well, yesterday was mostly spent in the ER and the eye doctor's office. Neal was hammering a nail, and it flipped back, out of the wood, and into his eyeball, in the white of his eye! He came in the house, with a hankie up to his eye, and it was bleeding. Long story short, his eye is ok, and he's a very lucky man that he had no damage to the iris or pupil. I thought he should have been given some antibiotic drops for it, but the doctor didn't prescribe that. :shrug:

I'm not having a family get-together today, but we're meeting at the fireworks in town tonight.

Hope you all have a fun holiday. :hug: