Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2001, 06:16 PM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default ~~ The Thin Group #67 ~~

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight in 2000. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another. Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797

Love, CJ
Old 11-22-2001, 09:50 PM   #2  
Mistress of My Universe

Angry Hi

Hi Everyone

I've been reading this forum for the last week and really like the way you root for one another in all ways of life---from weddings to divorce to weight loss to the inevitable occasional weight gain

My name is Tricia and I am new to these message boards. I'm currently a vet technician in Vegas, a Mother to a beautiful and rambunctious 22 month old, and about 20 pounds more then I want to be. I was once upon a time, 50 pounds over where I want to be, so 20 isn't that bad, but it still bothers me. I have been known to eat a ton and then regret it immediately after. Heck, I can be regretting it while I'm unwrapping that piece of candy, but I'll still eat it

But this time around, I want to make it to that legendary 132 pounds I was at as a Senior in High School. And I want to do it the right way. I have been watching my calories, but trying to eat just a little of what I want and going to the gym now. I just started and am trying to do it three times a week--ack! And one day a week, like today, Thanksgiving, I give myself a free day where I don't record what I eat. I noticed last week on my free day that I'm less inclined to pig out just because I've been so good all week, I don't want to regret one day!

Anyways, I just wanted to say hi, introduce myself, say happy Thanksgiving, and hope to hear from all of you
Old 11-23-2001, 09:27 AM   #3  
Conquering with SBD

Hi Tricia,

Welcome to this group. I'm a relative newcomer to this group and have found these ladies to be super. I have received so much support for my weight loss, I can't begin to explain.

It sounds like we are at about the same place with weight at the moment - I'm about 150 pounds and want to lose another 30 pounds, a little more than you. I have been following the WW 123 success program since July and have lost about 36 pounds so far. It's been hard work, but well worth the effort.

You mentioned that you are watching calories. What do you consider a good daily calorie intake? I was watching calories at one point, but wasn't very good at sticking to it. I guess I didn't have my head around wanting to lose weight yet.

You are smart to be losing the weight while you are still young. I can speak from experience, it is much harder to do the older you get. You go for it!

The rest of the group is still off celebrating Thanksgiving, so I have been pretty much talking to myself the last day or so. My hubby would comment that he thinks I talk to myself most of the time, anyway. LOL. I'm sure when the rest return from their weekend celebrations, they will send a great big welcome. From me, I'm glad you are here.

Also, CJ posts weekly weight loss for people who want to participate. If you get your info to her ([email protected]) before Friday every week, she will post your successes every Friday. I find that is something that makes me accountable on a weekly basis.

Take care,

Last edited by sweet tooth; 11-23-2001 at 09:36 AM.
Old 11-23-2001, 10:59 AM   #4  
Mistress of My Universe

Angry Thanks for the welcome

Hi Peggy!

Thanks for the welcome I guess what I consider a good caloric intake isn't that low, between 1200-1800 a day. I usually average around 1500. Before this go-around, I did restrict myself to 1200 calories a day before Halloween and it did work--brought me to 148, where I like to be (although now I've decided if I'm gonna work for it, I'm gonna do it all the way ), but within a week, I returned to my normal stasis kinda weight now, 154.

However, that taught me to try to do it right this time. So I'm trying not to starve myself, but rather eat right and get some exercise in there. After all, muscles look better then not! During the day when I'm at work, I'm faced with so much YUMMMM food that it's so hard to resist and that tends to be my downfall. Particularly on my 10 hour days like today. Usually clients or one of the other techs or doctors bring in some kind of junk food, lessee, earlier this week, it was Krispy Kreme donuts AND a whole cake with cupcakes too. I'll get through most of the day and then around closing time, all that darn sugar calls and then instead of one or two cookies, donuts, etc, I just chow down. LOL.

This time around though, I'm not doing it anymore. But when I get home at night, if everyone else has had a cinammon roll, as long as I haven't been bad at work, I will let myself have one or a half of one. I guess if I refused myself junk totally, I'd lose faster, but I know if I did that, I'd quit within a week too. LOL There's the only catch.

Anyways, I've babbled enough. I'm good at it
Old 11-23-2001, 12:32 PM   #5  
Long Lost Chickie

Pssst! Sh!!! It's me. Jo. I'm supposed to be working. But hey, since I'm not getting paid to be here, I might as well have a little fun. I'm at work and Rich is setting up my new computer. Actually, he just ran out to the store so I'm all alone. Sure is dark and creepy here! Hope he comes back soon. Then after I help him "just a little" maybe I'll leave him to his other tasks here and hit the local mall. Hm, shopping at the mall on Black Friday.... Maybe ... maybe not.

Well, you guys remember all my promises for Thanksgiving. Well, forget them all. I know I did. Ooh, I was bad bad bad bad bad. Scale this morning says I'm up something like 10 lbs! I knew it was stupid but I did it anyway. And yes, I did feel stuffed and sick and way too full by the time I was finished. It's going to take me a little while to live this holiday down, girls. Tomorrow's weigh in will NOT be a good one.

Tricia, welcome to the group. I'm not usually in this kind of mood. Only when I do something stupid. Around here, we have these things called "butt kicks" that we give each other. I'm due for some really big ones!!!

I got on the treadmill this morning for about 20 minutes but my heart just wasn't in it. I'm still waiting for the motivation fairy to come visit me where exercise is concerned.

Oops, just saw my car come into the parking lot. Sure hope it's Rich! Hopefully, I'll have my new fast fast fast computer all set up by the end of the day ... which will hopefully be only a few hours more. It's sunny and mild and really pretty outside and this is not my idea of a good way to spend my day off!

Hope you all have a good weekend!
Much love, Jo.
Old 11-23-2001, 03:43 PM   #6  
Conquering with SBD

Well, it looks like just the three of us today.

Jo - Now Jo. Here's the heart to heart. Today is the day after Turkey Day. Let's get with the program today. Don't worry about yesterday or tomorrow, just concentrate on today. I have a challenge for you...after weigh in tomorrow, I challenge you to stay OP with me until the following WI. Let's see if we can both lose 2 pounds between WIs this week. I'm laying the guantlet...LOL.

The treadmill is good. I can't get regular with the exercise yet. However, I will try to get my bod moving this week. It just is so darn hard with that puppy sharing the treadmill. It's also too cold for him to take for a walk - have to put his parka and touque on. Soon will be his boots, too. A lot of work just to get out of the house.

Tricia - Looks like you are doing great with the weight loss. I always found it very disappointing to have a new baby and still be big. You are doing it right. Keep up the good work on the exercise. I struggle with the exercise, but am going to have to get my act together. After Christmas I am signing up to have a personal trainer here at work. They only sign up 2 times per year here, and I was away when the September sign-ups were on, so missed out. It may have been somewhat intentional...

Everyone have a great weekend. We finally get our internet cable at home tomorrow, so I will be able to play more at home and also at work. Yippee.

Lotta luv,
Old 11-23-2001, 07:58 PM   #7  
CH

Smile

Watch out girls, Carolyn's back! It's been so long I didn't know if they would let me on. Well it is Black Friday and you couldn't drag me out to a store but I did go to the gym (Health Park) where I've been a member for 3 years but never darkened the door. I had my meeting with a trainer and he was very kind to an old woman. We won't discuss what percent body fat is involved. I figured I get points for just showing up. Somebody send me some willpower so I will go again.
I am still doing WW and having a hard time until last week. I decided it was time to get serious, so I literally ate out of a measuring cup to keep portions in control. I lost 4.2 lb. for the week for a total of 33 lbs. Therefore I went into Thanksgiving very strong and it paid off. I sampled almost everything but only a spoonful. I weigh again on Tuesday.

Jo- you will do it again. You are strong and you will take it off.

Must run for now. Will try to get back soon. Have really missed you guys! Carolyn
Old 11-23-2001, 08:05 PM   #8  
CH

Sorry I forgot to welcome Tricia

Tricia-Welcome you've come to a great place. How smart of you to work on your weight when it's only 20 lb. Don't let it get any higher like I have and I wonder if I will ever get to my goal. You sound very motivated now. Good luck.

Sweet Tooth- You younger girls are so smart. You too, are working on your weight while it is still attainable. Good luck to you also. I bet you'll make it!

See you later. Carolyn
Old 11-24-2001, 12:54 PM   #9  
CJ

Hi all - hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and now we can all get back OP - right?!?

First, I want to welcome Tricia to our group! As Carolyn put it "You have come to a great place"! Post often so we can get to know you better ... I should talk - I have been pretty scarce around here, but we have been traveling a alot and I just have not had the time (and sometimes, no computer). Oh yes, as Peggy mentioned .. if you want to get in on the weekly updates just send me your start date/start wt/present wt/goal wt and I will add you on. then you just have to let me know by Friday what your wt is and I will add it. If I don't hear from you by Friday I assume that you are the same and your wt will remain the same until you tell me different. You may want to check out our webpage also (address on the begining of each thread).

Carolyn: Good to see you back girlfriend! You are doing so good, I am so proud of you! That is what I need to do - one full week of using the measuring cups! I am going to get more strict after the holidays ... have not been journaling last couple weeks .. am doing it today tho!

Peggy: Thanks for the conscience! LOL We did not have our thanksgiving dinner until Friday - we are at the cabin and son and daughter-in-law are here too ... so we made a small thanksgiving dinner and I really did not eat too much! I had my piece of pumpkin pie this morning for breakfast!

Jo: Don't fret too much on that 10 lbs - I doubt it is actually that much, probably a lot of bloat. You could not possibly put 10 lbs on for 1 day! You've done too well to fall off the wagon and not get back on! Hang in there - we're here for you.

Sharon: Hope you are having a great time with your family. That was really fun spending longer time together wasn't it? And then lunch together on our way back home to Michigan and you going to MI to be with family. Let me know when you get back home!

Our daughter's wedding was absolutely beautiful - as soon as I have pics I will post one ... It was a beautiful wedding.

Well, got to go. We are going to go gambling tonite - wish us luck! Talk to ya all later.

Love, CJ

Last edited by CJ; 11-24-2001 at 12:57 PM.
Old 11-24-2001, 04:11 PM   #10  
Conquering with SBD

I just couldn't wait to post. I'm trying out our new internet cable. Was finally installed this morning after a 6 month wait. The repairmen always had some excuse or another. They finally came on a Saturday and met hubby in his work clothes...that truly is a scary thought.

It's working just fine and so much faster than the telephone line we used at home - that's why I didn't post much on the weekends. It was difficult to wait so long after the servers that we have at work.

Talk to everyone later. I have some of my Christmas baking in the oven and need to go check. Noooooooo, I'm not tasting. I will get the boys to do that for me later.

Have a good weekend.

Luv,
Old 11-24-2001, 04:49 PM   #11  
CJ

Peggy I know what you mean! We have cable at home but here at the cabin I can't get it! So..... I have to do dial-up here and that is murder when you are used to the cable! But, I'll put put up with dial up rather than no computer at all.

Well, everyone is just kinda lazing around here - it's raining again - (wish it was snow) so I thought I would check online again and see what is happenng.

Later...

Love, Carol
Old 11-24-2001, 10:00 PM   #12  
Mistress of My Universe

Unhappy BAD WEEK for watching what I eat

Hi everyone,

Well, Thanksgiving, Friday and Saturday have killed me

Well, Friday wasn't so bad and Thursday, well, it was a holiday, but today, today I was so bad It was my 6th day of work, yes 6 days!, that that lovely woman known as my boss's wife had put me on the schedule for (without letting me know, I'd like to add) and yesterday was a long 10 hour day and then today, another 10 hour day and I just couldn't handle it anymore

I chowed down on Krispy Kreme donuts all day and Chinese food tonight. I'm pretty ashamed of myself, to be honest. I can't even tell you how many donuts I ate!!! Ah, the horrors of letting my way of eating go for the holiday!!!

So I'm pretty irritated with myself right now. On a good note, we delivered 4 Chocolate Lab puppies (the good, zero percent kinda fat Chocolate LOL) during a c-section yesterday and three of the babies are happy and healthy and at home now

Anyways, thought I'd post and say BAD TRICIA, BAD
Old 11-26-2001, 09:26 AM   #13  
CH

Smile

Good Morning Ladies,

It's Monday morning and I'm not working. What a wonderful thing! Have lots of errands, of course. How can a person living alone have so many errands?

Tricia, it was a holiday. Get back with the program today and you will be fine. We can never say we are never going to slip. That would be to self-defeating. You will be stronger now because you know what your goals are. Hold your head up high and move on!

CJ It was good to hear from you. I would love to see pictures of your daughter's wedding. I know you are proud of her. Hope you are journaling today. In the Dec. issue of WW magazine there is a crustless pumpkin pie. I made it before thanksgiving and took it to school for the 3 WW that are there. We loved it. I made it for our Thanksgiving dinner also. It's 4 points and I really feel like I had something special. I also have a good corn recipe. Is this the place to share it?

Thanksgiving was great at my house. Most of my family was here. I have 2 nephews that couldn't make it because they live to far away. I even invited my X so he could be with our granddaughter. Am I good or what? There will be a star in my crown for that one.

Hey Jo, guess what? I am going to the Health Park to exercise today. Yes, it's me, Carolyn who is going to exercise. Sure hope I fall in love with it. I guess I finally realize this b..... needs to move! Wish me luck.

Better run those errands.....See you guys later......
Carolyn
Old 11-26-2001, 12:57 PM   #14  
Conquering with SBD

Hi everyone,

I just got back from WI and lost 3.75 pounds this week. That means I lost the pound gained last week, plus 2.75 more. Yay! This week I reached two major milestones in weight loss - I broke the 150 pound mark, AND I'm down to the last points range at WW. I like the first, but not so much the second, although they are both accomplishments.

Hope to reach my next mini-goal next week - 2.5 pounds more means that I will be at 40 pounds lost, total. Where did those pounds go?

Many of you mentioned last Friday as Black Friday. I have never heard of that. Someone please explain. Dumb Canadian, eh?

Carolyn - So good to hear from you again. It's good to hear that your strategy for Thanksgiving paid off. I have found it easier to maintain my weight loss if I have a plan before special occasions. Even if the plan is to not follow a weight loss plan. That way, I don't eat as much as if I went in thinking I would take a vacation for the event. Good for you. It will pay off. I'm impressed with the exercise, too. That is something I really struggle with.

Jo - Where are you. Haven't heard anything all weekend. How are you doing after WI on Saturday? I weighed in today, so am starting fresh today to see if I can stay OP for an entire week, until next WI. I'm hoping that I will be able to do that.

Tricia - Don't worry too much about all those donuts. Start your program fresh today, and then see all that can be accomplished by next week. You are so very lucky to be able to work with animals every day. The college that I work at has a faculty that teaches the technicians that assist the vets, so I am able to go visit once in a while. Some of the people who work here own a bison farm and one of their bison had twins last spring. The mom couldn't feed both of the calfs, so she abandoned the runt. They found the runt out in the field one weekend and brought the calf in to the Animal Health area here because they were unable to feed it at home. To make a long story shorter, the newspaper got involved and at the same time our city was promoting the sale of bison as a meat source. The little bison was selected as the mascot by the bison association here. The newspaper article solicited notice by farmers in the area and they found a cow to nurse the baby bison. They call to each other out in the field and now there is one bison in a herd of cattle. It's really cute.

Hope everyone has a great week and that their WIs are a success.

Luv,
Old 11-26-2001, 02:21 PM   #15  
Long Lost Chickie

Hi all! I'm here Peggy! Now ask me if I'm happy.

Nope. OK, under Small Successes, I must report that I did go and weigh in on Saturday. But who was it that was saying it wouldn't be as bad as I thought??? Humph.

Actually, I'll be truthful. It wasn't the 10 lbs. I thought it'd be. But it was BAD . Oh it was soooooo bad!!! I was up ..... Oh, I can hardly even say it here....

Gulp. 6 lbs!! I almost cried. Actually, I did, in my car after I walked out. I'm so mad at myself!!!! I failed miserably in my Thanksgiving challenge.

OK, so what am I going to do? Plan ahead for Christmas I guess. Try to do better I suppose. Come here and vent maybe???? Pretty please, may I? I'm going to need you guys.

Today, I'm already on my third bottle of water. I had yogurt and fruit for breakfast and a big salad for lunch. We have to drop off Rich's car for inspection tonight so I'm going to walk home with him (about 2 miles or so). We went out yesterday and got all the ingredients for the WW veggie soup and will make a big pot of it tonight too. I want to get rid of all or most of that horrid gain by next Saturday!!! And of course I have PMS big time which isn't helping!! Oh brother!

I have to run. I apologize for not addressing each of you but as you can see, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. It's not helping that there's a new guy starting here at work and I'm trying to get him organized and settled too. Seems to be the blind leading the blind today.

Only 3 hours left to go...... Yikes.
Love you guys!
Jo.
Closed Thread