Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2001, 04:50 PM   #1  
Long Lost Chickie

Default Thanksgiving Day Strategies

So what are your plans for Thanksgiving Day??? Here's the place to post them ... and then you HAVE TO do them!!!

I'm starting the day with a walk. I'm going to get up early enough that I'll have at least half an hour even before I have to jump in the shower to take a brisk walk around the neighborhood.

Another plan: We're going to mom and dad's for dinner. I'm bringing some not-so-good-for-me stuff from a local italian market. However, I'm also bringing a veggie platter and I plan to have that and not the peppers stuffed with cheese and meats, olives, fresh mozzarella and oily red peppers, etc. sitting in front of me while we're all gathered around the table chatting, etc.

I also plan to drink seltzer and flavored water before, during and after dinner. And the leftovers that come home with us are limited to what Rich will eat and enjoy ... well, maybe a little white turkey meat for a sandwich for me???

How about you guys? What's the game plan?
Old 11-19-2001, 06:06 PM   #2  
Conquering with SBD

Jo - That's a great game plan for Thursday.

Me - I'm going to be at work ALL day - no Thanksgiving for me this year. We were even away for Canada's Thanksgiving.

But, I'm watching everyone to make sure that you are all good. I'll just be your lil 'ol conscience.

Beeeee good! Or at the very least, have a plan and follow it.

P.S. For everyone who started the challenge - Don't forget to fill in the results on the Thanksgiving Day challenge.

Lotta luv,
Old 11-21-2001, 08:26 AM   #3  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Hi guys,
Just thought I would quick post before we go to Michigan this morning.

I will try to do my best and I want to be able to enjoy what they have but in small amounts. If I want some I can have a taste and if I really like it I might just have a bigger helping. Turkey is really good for us and I want to load up on the veggies, because my sister in law always has those to nibble on. Of course I plan to have a little piece of pumkin pie too. I will really try to get my water in too, but plan to have a glass of wine with dinner.

I guess we can only do our best and I know for me I can still have a great Thanksgiving and enjoy all the day has to offer.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

Love, Sharon
Old 11-21-2001, 06:21 PM   #4  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Well, I have to say that I am going to be totally good on Thanksgiving Day! Why? Cuz I am not having my Thanksgiving dinner until Friday! hahahahaha We are leaving in the morning for the cabin - my son and daughter-in-law are coming up also and we are going to wait until Friday and deep-fry our turkey. Of course we will have stuffing, and salad and pie, just not as much as I usually do when I do dinner. Actually, this will be the first year that I have not been home and had the whole family here for Thanksgiving feast! Of course, I will eat "spraringly" and drink lots and lots of water. Especially since I know my "conscience" will be watching me (thanks Peggy)! LOL

Have a great one ...

Love, CJ
Old 11-22-2001, 04:33 PM   #5  
Conquering with SBD

I'm watching everyone....

No, no, no. You don't need that second piece of pumpkin pie
Closed Thread