Old 04-29-2007, 02:20 PM   #16  
fatter than U

Unhappy Letty, Letty, Letty, where are you now??

Looks like a flying puffin to me. A very cute flying puffin.

Did I really say that to Dusty?? I think she irked me so much that I may even have written her a personal e mail. These days I find that losing my temper on the internet with perfect strangers just doesn't pack the punch it used to, so I save my crankiness for my loved ones.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 04:39 PM   #17  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

well the last time i remember lush posting--she was very worried about her daughter's leg and probably she is too busy teaching or looking after her family---or picking blueberries--or was it strawberry fields she lived in????
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 04:43 PM   #18  
loves kleenex box art

Lush is an expert on Robert Parker novels. She (and other alter egos) used a term Spencer, Parker's hero, used about his girlfriend from time to time. She finished half her steak and "ballooned up" to 103. Lush accused me of ballooning up from time to time. She was right.

It can also be said that she singlehandedly started the war between the US and Canada without ruffling one enemy feather. She was a diplomat, motivational speaker, BINGO pro, and she liked to drive into the city and hear weird music.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 06:37 PM   #19  
fatter than U

...and she hated celery in Chinese food.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:48 PM   #20  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

awwwwwwwwwww---and we were originally MESSY and then WLB started and cybermom closed and we tried to post somewhere else----where was that----i think she started us here in 2001-----that is blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh
Old 04-29-2007, 07:08 PM   #21  
loves kleenex box art

Lushie hated the word messy so we spelled it with a line through which I can't see how to do now.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:35 PM   #22  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

ohhhhh and she hated any reference to the menses.absolutely,the period sponge salesman sent her over the edge.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:53 PM   #23  
loves kleenex box art

I am reading old Lush posts wherein she tells us she has 3 kidneys and that's why she weighs more. Wabby then says she has long eyelashes that's why SHE weighs more. Lush goes on to report that she saw someone in NY not wearing black and the security cameras had to be retooled. Who stuck their hand in the ceiling fan?

Lush resented having weight loss measured in units of turkey carcasses.

Remember before I met Herbie, she had me make a list of qualities I wanted in a man and insisted that good driver be on the list. That was very helpful. She said a good driver has a lot of other good qualities, also. Herbie was a good enough driver but all his qualities did not balance the *ssiness of the whole picture.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:57 PM   #24  
The magic shrinking cow

Y'all are making me miss Lushie SO MUCH!
Cherry Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:20 AM   #25  
Member w/ messiest house

Wow, that was some symphony of Lush-lessness. Glad--oops, I mean sorry I missed it. I thought Sugar was the one with the extra kidney?? Lush was posting as Lohana or something. She had to keep changing signin names everywhere because she could never remember a password. Or write it down apparently... What I remember are the horrifying breakfasts she related -- full of cream and cheese and butter and fat and bacon. But not just a "normal" amount of those things, more like fat wrapped in butter and fried with bacon with cheese melted over it swimming in a dish of cream. Or something.

I have just come home from a lovely weekend with DD. Although really I was only there 24 hours. We went out to Grendel's Den in Harvard Square, where I treated her to a nice but unbelievably cheap meal. Then she treated me to dessert at Finale, where they serve these gorgeous plated desserts, all fancy with different shaped chocolate and layered thises and thats and sugar skewers. Just amazing. Today we had brunch together and I met a couple of her friends I hadn't met before. Then DD had to go set up for the concert and I went back to Harvard Sq to shop at "Curious George" bookshop. I got a beautiful stuffed kitty for my niece along with a lovely picture book plus a couple of Golden book reprints -- $2.99 each; they had all the titles from way back. I got her Dumbo, and The Color Kittens I think it's called.

Then back to campus for the chorale concert -- it was beautiful, and well worth seeing a second time! Afterwards DD and I were both starving (she's always starving -- the prerogative of the skinny!) so we got lovely (dirt cheap) tacos, with the most fantastic salsa on them. Oh those are the best.

I could not believe how little I spent on food, or on anything for that matter -- my motel room was a reward night for points I've been accumulating, so it was free. I didn't pay for parking at the college; I kept finding free spaces, and the police told me they weren't ticketing this weekend anyway. Brunch this morning was free -- they usually let parents in free when they come to the cafeteria with a student. And dinner last night was 1/2 price because we ordered before 7:30 -- Two nice meals plus drinks and tax came to $22, seriously. And the luscious tacos cost $15 for 4 of them plus 2 drinks. Wow. I think I spent more on tolls than I spent on food.

Then back to campus again to load some of her stuff into the car for me to lug home, and I left Boston about 6 PM. Didn't need to eat a meal on the way home, so I made really good time (only stopped once, at the Tim Horton's --yay-- ). Puppy was glad glad glad to see me. DH was asleep!

My car is going back down to Mass. at the end of the week, but without me in it -- DD and the BF both finish exams a week from Thurs. and his car is too small to load their stuff into (especially since they want to haul BOTH their stuff at the same time), so they will come home this Friday and the BF will trade me for my SUV, and then he will pick up DD next week and they will get home someday or other. Meanwhile I will get to drive a snazzy little red car with a stick shift.

Night girlie cows.

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:42 AM   #26  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

G'morning!

Wow, Kiwi, what an incredibly fun & economical weekend, eh? What a wonderful relationship you have with DD! Will she be home for the summer, or is she off to somewhere exotic to further her studies and immerse herself in some other culture?

My middle DD - the one who is exec. director of the American Heart Association hereabouts - had her annual "heart walk" on Saturday, so the other two Ds were helping out all day. I stopped by briefly, but she seemed to have it all under control, so I just went about my business. I'm perfectly well aware that my kids are all adults, now, and very capable ones at that, but there are still times when I am taken somewhat by surprise, and find myself marveling at their "adultness" and managerial skills. I guess some part of me will always see them as little kids, yanno?

Today, the eldest DD has an appt. at the MS clinic in Boston for further evals, so she'll park at my building and we'll go to the appt. together. I'm hoping for the best. She was in town for the Heart Walk, and handed out water & refreshments all day - and then was totally exhausted all day yesterday.

Ummmm, yeah. Quite a "lush fest" this weekend, eh? Quite the legend around here, I see.

Have a great day! I'm hoping for some sunshine...yesterday was kind of damp and gray all day.

TTFN,

Ella
ellabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:10 AM   #27  
loves kleenex box art

Kiwi, you are very cheap. Quite impressive. Stuffed critters, even in the supermarket are $10-15 and aren't so cute. I think I'm looking forward to seeing DS in a week. Not so sure as right now he's with lcp and I am forgotten.

Sugar, you have the extra kidney? Ooops.

Lush was Amish, wasn't she? Or close. Closer than me.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:03 AM   #28  

Geez, with all this LushLove, ye'd a think she died and this is here virtual eulogy center.
just a quick pop in gals...I'll be back soon... Just FYI... I passed the Project Management Professional licensing and now I am an official PMP. No thats not short for pimp.
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 10:42 AM   #29  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Yay! So great to see you back, Schatzi!!!! CONGRATULATIONS on passing your exam!!!! How awesome is THAT!!!???!!!

Hope DH is making a speedy recovery!

Come back soon...????

TTFN,

Ella
ellabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:04 AM   #30  
fatter than U

Lightbulb Lush is a legend in her own time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwonk
What I remember are the horrifying breakfasts she related -- full of cream and cheese and butter and fat and bacon. But not just a "normal" amount of those things, more like fat wrapped in butter and fried with bacon with cheese melted over it swimming in a dish of cream. Or something.
So what's yer point? Glad to have you back, Kiwi. Must read about your exciting time when I am more awake.

Yes, I'm the one with three kidneys. I bet that adds about 2 extra pounds that I can blame on something else.

Way to go, Schatzi!!!! Hope things are good on the health front too.

I am still gardening. I wore gloves but my fingernails are still wrecked. So much for glamour.

Extra alert for Peachy ----> We're having stuffed squid for dinner tomorrow night .