Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 04:10 PM   #16  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Well ladies, I just did it....called Curves!! I didn't realize it was so expensive!! And you sign up for a one year contract!! Those are the "negatives." (Not really, though, because if I'm paying for it, I have to sign a contract, AND I'm losing inches, I know I'll stick with it---SURELY!) She told me I wouldn't get sore either! yippee!! I am supposed to go meet with her before 6:30 pm today! You guys, this is a major step for me. I COMPLETELY NEVER thought I would ever do something like joining a gym! This is so outta character for me....I'm beginning to wonder who exactly this is that's taken over myself! lolol I so hope this works....I really do. I guess it will if I'm dedicated enough to it, huh? Discipline, huh Tina? I'll let you all know how goes it!

Diana
Old 04-04-2007, 09:15 PM   #17  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Way to go Diana! I think you'll enjoy it....burn baby burn!
Old 04-05-2007, 08:46 AM   #18  
rambler

S/C/G: 296/225/170

Good morning ladies!!! Well i have to say the not weighing thing was kind of getting to me and my friend that is holding my scale is out of town so I can't get it back to check and being the anal retentive person i am i won't be happy unless i weigh on my scale. So i decided to try on some clothes and see if i could tell some differences there. So I found a few things that were tight the end of last summer and tried them on. they were presentable enough i would wear them if i had to but i it wasn't quite the improvement i wanted to see. So i brought out the old wedding dress and put it on. And i do mean PUT IT ON!!!! I was so excited. the last time i tried i could get it on my not get my arms all the way down the sleeves and zipping all the way was out of the question. well can i just tell you not only did i have it on, but with the long line bra under it, it fit as good or even a little better than the day i got married! This has been one of the big milestones i was looking for to know that i am really making some headway. Now i need to get into some of the stuff i was wearing when we started dating. And the next goal is a dress I wore for my college senior portrait. Okay is it weird that i still have clothes from all these phases of my life???

Enough about me! How are all of you!!!

Linda- Won't ask about the bad day, sometimes its best to go back to bed and start over!! Hope today is much better!

Cheryl - Sorry to hear about all the trouble you've been dealing with! Bowel obstructions can be very serious glad to hear you husband is doing well and won't need surgery! I'm sure getting the foster daughter out of the house helps but all the effect of that stress take a little while to really go away. Hang in there girl!

Tina - Well lady still no exercise yet. I have gotten behind with so many of the maintenance things around the house that i spend any free time still catching up on that. We need the exercise bug to make some rounds here! Looks like i may be cooking Easter dinner this year! My Mother-in-law is camping in a camp ground near by so would be crazy to go all the way down to her house when we can do it here. We'll see though, she has never been real big on coming to my house for anything.

Diana - wow lady, that is awesome. Your excitement is oozing out of your post! I have looked into curves several times but the ones that are closest to me are not open the hours i would really want so haven't pursued it much. Let us know how you like it. Getting moving with exercise usually gives me an initial burst of loss but then i seem to plateau. And then i gave up on ex and eating. SO my advice is whatever change you see with initially starting to ex ,keep at it you know we need to remember we are in this for the long haul!

Jana - Congrats on moving the ticker! always exciting to have to do that. You'll see those pants falling off before you know it! Just keep at it!

Well ladies time to get to work! For all of those hanging on the edges here hope you are doing well and keeping at it! I pray for a motivated and blessed day for all of you!
Old 04-05-2007, 09:03 AM   #19  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . .

Things are definitely looking better this morning . . . not the weather though, it is downright ugly, and is supposed to stay that way most of the long weekend. Don't know what happened yesterday . . . I was sick all day . . . and, of course, lost not one solitary ounce because of it. Would have liked a little reward for feeling so crummy even though I know it would only have been water.

Congratulations to everyone who has enjoyed a scale victory and/or a non-scale victory in the past couple of days. Looks good on you all. Yippee. Keep up the good stuff.

Well I've got to get out and pick up a few things today since everything will be closed tomorrow. So far, I've done really well avoiding all the Easter goodies - even the Cadbury's Eggs which I dearly love. Taking a friend with me today so maybe we can keep each other honest - hope we don't keep each other dishonest instead.

Main reason I have to shop today is to get ready for the dog I've agreed to play foster-mom to for a few weeks. His owner is going to be hospitalized for quite a while and her dear sister doesn't want to be bothered with the dog - a 4 year-old Shih-Tzu. I don't even know the owner . . . it's one of those 'friend of a friend' routines. Hope my 15 pound cat doesn't eat the 10 pound dog. Actually my biggest fear is becoming so attached to Moe that I won't want to give him back when the time comes.

Okay everybody . . . hope you have a great moving and shaking day planned as well as a great long weekend. See you all soon.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:37 AM   #20  
Diana

Good mornin', ladies! Visited (and joined) Curves yesterday evening....and did my first workout. I'm just a tidbit sore this morning...and just in a couple of little teeny spots on my legs. It was awesome...if it works, that is. I'm skeptical about it working. For those of you who don't know anything about it (like I was), they have probably 10 or 12 different weight machines (stations) that have an exercise-in-place station between each machine. You work a machine for 10 seconds (yes, I mean seconds, not minutes) and then you exercise in place (walk, run, jump n jack, whatever you choose as long as you're moving) for 10 seconds. Then you move to the next machine. You rotate thru all the machines twice, stretch, and you're done. Three times per week. It's definitely doable. You don't set up appointments, you come whenever is convenient for you. You scan your tag when you come in and it tells you how many times you've worked out for the month. They check your weight, all your measurements, and your BMI (Body Mass Index) once every month. And of course the harder you work the machines in those ten seconds, the better you do. I don't know how much 20 seconds, three times per week can do for me, but she assured me that in conjunction with watching what I eat, I'd see results the first month. Hmmmmm....I'll let ya know. And the cost is about a dollar per day....$31.75/month.

Anyway, that's the deal. My husband told me last night, "I wasn't gonna tell you this, but I never thought you'd join a gym!" He says he's very proud of me. My husband is sooo supportive....I feel like the luckiest person on the face of the Earth. I truly could not do this without him.

Now you all have the scoop....May 4 I'll let ya know how it works!
Got a sickly daughter (AGAIN!!!), so I'm about to get after my day's chores! Have a GREAT one, everybody!

Diana
Old 04-05-2007, 11:21 AM   #21  
Domestic Engineer

Hi everyone!
Well, I had been terribly busy and eating terribly lol. Not much good news to report I'm afraid.
I've had sick kids and company (not that that's an excuse...) but wanted to check in before I leave for spring break tomorrow. We are headed down to Utah this weekend and then I fly to Portland, OR with one of my sisters for 4 days while my dh takes the kids to his sister's in WY. Should be fun.

Diana- I have heard mostly good things about Curves (and the bad things were probably from people not going, lol) I'll bet you do great there!

Congrats on the pregnancies too! Hope you all have a great Easter weekend. I won't be back until the 17th, but plan to be hard core again starting then.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:30 PM   #22  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Hey ladies, sorry I haven't been around. I have been busy and just not my normal peppy self when it comes to weight loss. I have changed the way I eat again to see if I can get the scales to move and have had not luck they are stuck at 222. And worst of all the whole office was on me today to order mexican for lunch, I held out for about an hour but I finally gave in. I have ordered a grilled chicken breast with rice, hopefully it isn't to bad on the fat grams. I am not really counting carbs right now, I figured I would go back to just fat grams for a bit and see if I can get myself a moving again. I am just so frustrated with myself. I really need some kicks in the rear.

Ok enough of the pity party. Congrats to all the loosers.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:27 PM   #23  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

Hey Ladies!!!

Well the scales were down another pound this morning and I've got on a pair of jeans that I have not worn since 2004!! I get to move my ticker again!!!

Have a good night!!
Old 04-06-2007, 05:06 PM   #24  
Onward and Downward

Everybody . . .

The way our weekend weather is shaping up the bunny needs to be wearing snowshoes, over his hipwaders, over his snowsuit, and carrying a steel umbrella (so it can't blow inside out) . . . Hope things are better where you are.

I had one of those good/bad moments yesterday . . . I had a little candy meltdown and ate an 85 gram (about 3 oz) bag of NSA miniature Reese's Peanut Butter cups. Obviously that's the bad part -- the 350 calories and the 'bloating' (for lack of a more lady-like description) from the sugar-alcohols. The good part -- I really did not even enjoy them (do you believe I actually said that ). They seemed way too sweet. Just hope I can remember that the next time I'm facing a 'candy challenge'.

Not too much on my horizon for the rest of the weekend. Times like this, I wish my family was closer . . . Hope everybody else has some great moving and shaking fun stuff planned and that the is good to you and yours (but not toooooo good, of course). See you later . . .
Old 04-07-2007, 11:20 AM   #25  
Diana

Hello ladies! Had a great day yesterday....was able to squeeze in my second curves workout before going to work. YIPPEE! I learned a valuable lesson....always eat before you go work out! Otherwise, you may get very flushed and lightheaded! I'll chalk that one up to a near expensive lesson learned! lol Great eating day too...almost fell off the wagon "because I'd worked out." Maybe that's going to be a battle for me??

Gotta run quick....bbl!

Diana
Old 04-07-2007, 05:42 PM   #26  
Onward and Downward

I'm having another queezy-tummy kind of day. Wish I knew why? Oh well, I'm sure this will pass again.

Outside, it is snowing that lovely Christmas-Eve kind of snow . . . the kind that makes you say, "Oh goodie, we'll be having a White christmas after all!"

Too bad it's Easter Sunday Eve instead. . . Did a little last minute shopping this morning and the stores where busy like it was Christmas Eve, too . . . except for the place where I had to return something, that was more like Boxing Day. I feel like I'm in some kind of time warp.

Anyway, hopefully tomorrow will be a wonderful day for everyone. Keep doing as much of the good stuff as you possibly can . . . see you soon.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:02 AM   #27  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Weather-wise this has got to be the worst Easter Sunday I can ever remember. We are in the middle of the worst storm of the year. There is already over a foot of snow on the ground and no signs of it slowing down. Had to open the front door to even figure that out, because all of my screens are so coated with wet icy snow that I can't actually see much of anything out there. Wind direction must constantly be changing or I'd have some side of the house to look out. Cancelled my Easter plans and I imagine it did the same for a lot of others . . OMG, I hope people are sane enough to stay home today . . . the roads are bound to be a disaster.

Turns out I'm not getting Moe (the Shih-Tzu foster dog) after all -- the sister decided she'd 'do her duty' and look after him herself -- unless she changes her mind again . . . so looks like Mouse will have to continue to eat cat food.

Anyway, gang . . . hope that most of you are having better weather than we are. Keep things moving and shaking . . . and stay away from the chocolate bunnies . . . see you later . . .
Old 04-08-2007, 03:14 PM   #28  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

HI LADIES...Remember me?? Sorry I haven't been here for awhile. I've been on the boards here off and on just posting here and there, but I finally have gotten serious again with this weightloss. I restarted on track again a week ago yesterday, 3/31/2007, and so far I've been doing really good and lost 3 pounds this past week. I've been doing my WATP 1 mile every morning, and two of the days I added another mile in the evening, and also added the 2 pound weights in. Yesterday I tried to switch up to the 2 mile video, but it is at a much faster pace so I still do just 1 mile of it, but maybe in a few days I'll be up to 2 miles. I really got into a deep depression after my mom's passing this past October, and I ended up putting on 10 pounds. My younger DD is getting ready to graduate from high school the first week of June, and she has been accepted to a major university on the west coast into their Nursing program. I'm so happy for her! Today for Easter, we're going over to my older DD's new home for dinner, and then I can also see my "granddaughter" Oreo lol. Today it's partly sunny and supposed to get up to 65F. Last week, a few days it got up to almost 80F. I'm sorry Linda you're having such a horrible storm today, but please be safe!! I hope all of you ladies have a wonderful Easter!
Old 04-08-2007, 03:55 PM   #29  
Onward and Downward

Welcome back MICHELLE . . . so good to see you again. Glad things are settling down for you. Believe it or not, it finally stopped snowing and the sun is actually peeking out once in a while. Unfortuntely we still have a sever wind warning -- 95K (60M) per hour -- and, since we are approaching high tide, we also have a storm surge warning. You have a great Easter with your family, girl. Needless to say, I cancelled my dinner with friends plan and I sincerely hope everybody else is sane enough to stay off the roads, too.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:06 AM   #30  
rambler

S/C/G: 296/225/170

Happy Belated Easter everybody! Hope you had a wonderful day and did not succumb to the temptaion of candy! We are loaded down with it for sure! I bought way too much for the kids to eat and then my mother in law felt the need to go overboard as well. SO I got through yesterday but now it is the getting through the weeks worth of leftovers that will really be a challenge.

Have had some wonderful NSV's since i am not weighing right now. Wore a pair of kahki type pants yesterday that i have not worn in about 10 years or more and they definitely fit, a little tight at the waist but that is due to my hernia i think. Also was actually able to run yesterday without feeling like i was shaking the earth. Played some kickball with the kids. My MIL was staying at the campground real close to us and we ended up spending the day there. Was actually kind of nice but i couldn't believe i could run around with them like i did without getting so winded or feeling like the earth shattered everytime i ran. Really inspired me to want to keep things going and made it a little easier to avoid the candy yesterday.

Linda - I hate to hear you are having such bad weather! We have definitely had colder air than we have had in a very long time but beautiful sunny skies. Not to mention we are supposed to be back in the 80's by mid week!

Michelle - SOOOOO GOOD to see you back! Hope the Easter with your family was enjoyable! Haven't done my WATP tapes in a long time, hearing you talk about them reminds me I may need to get mine out! Bet i can't even do the one mile right now!

Diana - congrats on the curves workout and yes a little snack before ex can be helpful!!! I hate that blood sugar dropping feeling!

Jana - congrats on the jeans fitting and the ticker move! That is awesome!

Robbin - Consider yourself KICKED!!!!! You have hung in there so long don't give up now!!!!! Maybe you should try my get rid of the scale theory and just focus on what you know is right for a while. A change in the plan always seems to help too. KEEP AT IT YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!

Emily - guess you are gone on spring break now! Hope you have a wonderful trip and we will hear from ya soon!

Well ladies i have got to run, Lots to do today and not nearly enough time! I pray all of you stick to plan without even realizing you are doing it!!!! Will probably be a few days until I can check in again hang in there in the mean time!
Closed Thread