Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 04:55 PM   #91  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Height: 5'2"

Linda I know you are right about the water weight from sore muscles and exercise, its just so depressing to know you are "working" hard and see those scales go up. Oh well they came down another pound today to 224. I also have another full weekend of yard work planned and only 1 bad meal on the menu so hopefully I will start seeing better results.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:18 PM   #92  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Just flying past and quickly saying HI EVERYBODY . . . Got tangled up with some spring cleaning and furniture rearranging this morning and you know how that can some times expand to fill the day . . . I'm exhausted.

In the middle of it all I got a call from the office asking for some help with some more retirement packages and, of course, they have to be done for tomorrow. Can't face those files right now so I guess that is my morning taken tomorrow and then I have errands to do because of the surgery on Monday. So I probably won't be around much tomorrow either.

Have a great moving and shaking evening, gang . . . I hope to see you sometime tomorrow . . .
Old 04-28-2007, 01:33 PM   #93  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Wow, it’s quiet in here this weekend. I hope everyone is out enjoying the beautiful weather.

Thanks everyone for the congratulations. I am so pleased to be at the point I’m at. I’m back down to 198 today, so the off meal last weekend didn’t do any permanent damage. Now I want to be able to weigh any time, day or night and not see 2XX. I’m still so close to 200 that if I weigh at night, I still weigh over 200. That’s my next little goal.

We’re working in the yard today. It sorely needs attention. We’re taking a little break inside for lunch right now.

Erin, So sorry to hear of the death in your church. How is everything else going for you?

Linda, I hope the cataract surgery goes quickly and easily for you Monday. You recovered from the first one quickly and I’m hoping the second one goes as well. Too bad about the stinking soup messing up your weigh-in. Of course it is only water, and you will get back to the loss soon. You are soooo close to the 20’s. It’s going to happen, I wish we could help speed it along.

Jana, You take care of yourself right now sweetie. I’m glad to hear that you got out some earlier this week. Things will continue to look up, just keep going (and keep flirting a bit, it’s good for the ego).

Robbin, Wow. I wish I could offer some good advice with your plateau. It just stinks to go through that. Actually I am going to offer a little advice (for what it’s worth). Are you still eating around 1400 per day? If so, I wonder if you shouldn’t start kicking it up a little bit at a time. Maybe go up to 1500 calories for a week, then 1600 for another week. Last month, I kicked my calories up to 1800 – 2000 to try to maintain and I still lost, more that month that the month before. I think it did my body good to get more calories for those 4 weeks. Of course, I could be dreaming that, but that’s how it felt.

Hi Cheryl, glad you popped in.

Hi Emily, it’s good to see you. Thanks by the way! Good to hear that you had a nice trip. So soccer season is starting for you. My kids are older and aren’t doing any sports right now, but that sure keeps you busy.

Have a great week everyone!
Old 04-28-2007, 04:16 PM   #94  
Onward and Downward

Hi Gang . . .

Thanks TAMMY . . . . . . I know it's only water, but since I expect to pick up some more of that on Monday, I'm definitely keeping the scale under the sink until May 23 (the day I go for pre-op info gathering at the hospital in connection with the hysterectomy, since it is a Wednesday, thought it would fit into the overall picture rather well. ) BTW, I'm so happy for you being (and staying) in onderland. Also think the advice you gave Robbin is bang on . . . sometimes it works out well to keep the old body a little off balance.

Hey . . . check below to see what I did on my little shopping spree yesterday . . . . . . Found a breeder of Bengal cats right here in my own little town. So, of course, I fell in love, and bought all three that were left in the current litter . . . never in all my life thought I would pay this kind of money for a cat . . . . . . oh well. Called them Frick and Frack (two females) and Muttley (male). Of course they do have great long registration names, too -- but I don't care -- and I don't think they do either. In the pictures below you can see my current problem . . . I really don't know who is who . . . If you see them all at the same time -- Frick is a bit more brown than the other two -- and then, if you have a 'rear view , you can tell Frack and Mutt apart. I'm sure differences will show up in time. At least I hope so.

So now I've got six cats -- guess I've earned the name 'Crazy Old Cat Lady'. Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking weekend . . . see you soon, gang . . .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sleeping Beauties.jpg (24.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Mutt&Frack.jpg (22.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Jazz&Frack.jpg (20.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Frick.jpg (44.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Frick-maybe.jpg (18.6 KB, 3 views)
Old 04-28-2007, 11:35 PM   #95  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies...sorry for being MIA for the past while. I've been busy working on my house...recouperating and then starting at it again. The nice weather is helping me to get in the mood to fully organize the scary parts of my house. Good news I am 1-1/2lbs away from ticker! Thank God!! It feels good to have some sort of control back.

Hope you've all been good! Check back soon!
~Tina
Old 04-29-2007, 08:04 AM   #96  
rambler

S/C/G: 296/225/170

Howdy ladies!!!

I am so sorry i have to make this a quick one today. Please know I am thinking of ya'll often and pray that the right choices are coming easily to you!!!

Well getting rid of the scale really worked! I am down to 231 and am absolutely beside myself!!! I am really hoping to get into the 220's before i leave for the beach thursday so we'll see! Went shopping friday night and bought a bathing suit that did not have a little skirty thing on it and i might even wear it in public!!!!! I actually thought "now that looks pretty good" when i put it on. I really don't like how my legs look and i'm no swim suit model for sure but it's a long way from where i was last year!!!! I also bought an 18/10 dress, Little sexy dress, I might add for a date night i had with hubby last night. I felt really weird in it like everyon was looking at me saying "look at the fat girl in the little dress but my husband assured me that is not what they were saying. I am going to believe him not what i was thinking!!!

Gotta run supposed to be getting ready for church! I pray ya'll have a blessed day and stay safe and healthy!!!
Old 04-29-2007, 04:00 PM   #97  
Onward and Downward

Hi everybody . . .

Just a little rapid flight through for me. Still trying to get some last minute stuff done and these new kittens are keeping me hopping. I probably won't be on-line tomorrow because of the eye surgery, but hope to be back by Tuesday and Wednesday.

In the meantime, keep things moving and shaking and I'll see you all real soon . . .
Old 04-29-2007, 05:53 PM   #98  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

*peers in*

Hi guys - how are you all.

I am still here and still pregnant. I went a bit mad these last few weeks and indulged myself a bit too much. I've felt quite nauseous and eating is the only thing that seems to help but I made some wrong food choices and put on more than I wanted to.

But - I am back on track. I am tracking my food again on Nutridiary and keeping below 2000 cals, which is maintenance.

Currently I am watching a documentary about a fat bloke part of which was filmed in our local Sandcastle WaterWorld when I was there a few months ago. They filmed me and my daughter but I don't know if it will be shown or not. I've recorded it on my dvd recorder so I can keep it if we are in it. It was before I was pregnant so I should look quite slim.

Check out my belly pics in my sig - you should see a difference in the last few weeks. And it's not ALL flab!!
Old 04-29-2007, 06:03 PM   #99  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Well, my daughter was on screen for a split second literally - not worth keeping unfortunately. But I'll show her in the morning.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:06 PM   #100  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!!!

I hope all is well with you all. I've been trying to maintain. Eating is not a problem, for the first time in a long time, food is not the number on thing on my mind. I've been trying to do other things to keep my ex off my mind. Sometimes it works sometimes it does not. I didn't sleep well last night. I'm only getting in about one meal a day and it's usually a salad or a sandwich from Subway. My app. has decreased A LOT!!!

The scales were at 194 this morning, so I'm changing my ticker, but I did buy a pair of size 13 pants the other day that were a little to big but the size 11 was to small and I'm back in a size medium tank top. I also bought a size large dress but needed a size medium(which they didn't have), it was on sale for half off, it was toooooo cute to pass up, so I'm going to have my grandmother alter it because it is wayyyyy to big!!! I am now starting to enjoy shopping again!!!! Now I'm spending to much money!!!

Have a great day!!!
Old 04-30-2007, 03:09 PM   #101  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Hey ladies, how is everyone's monday going?

Tammy thanks for the advice, actually I have been keeping anywhere from 1200 to 1400 maybe I need more...................

Linda the kitties are so cute

Erin you will be in those 20's before you know it girl, congrats.

Robsia bet your daughter will be excited that she got on tv

JusJ glad to hear those scales are moving down for you, keep your chin up things will get better.

Well the scales were good on saturday, comming down to 221, I had a horid day of sodium yesterday and they jumped up to 227 but I am not counting that number, I know I did not gain 6 pounds in 1 day and I did not eat enough calories to even gain 1 with all the outdoor work I did. And I have spent so much time in the potty today I will probably weigh less when I get home than when I got up today. So all in all I am ok with the scales right now. I have been getting in tons of yard work and my eating has been pretty darn on track so hopefully I will see those teens soon. Keep fingers crossed for me.

Well time to get the rear in gear, check back soon.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:47 AM   #102  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Hey ladies. Wow, everyone's doing soooo well....except me, of course. Isn't that how it always goes? hehe I haven't been to Curves in over a week. Life is getting in the way....how do we let life get in the way of our health? It happens, I guess. I didn't go yesterday because I threw my back out somehow. I think loading my daughter into her carseat. I know the pain, on a 1-10 scale (10 being unbearable) is about a 4 when I sit completely still and about a 7-8 when I am up moving around. There was no way I could workout yesterday....plus I've been having stomach cramps and bathroom trips to go along with it. I guess that's good in a way. My eating is plummeting out of control here lately. I do'nt know what's wrong with me. I guess just too much going on. It doesn't help that hubby is at goal now (or within five lbs) and is beginning maintenance....I've got to find strength and quick. Guess I've used him as my crutch or strength up til now. I'll have to find it within myself now.

I'm glad everyone else is doing good. I'll be a loser with you all and soon! Just watch!

Diana
Old 05-01-2007, 10:09 AM   #103  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!!!

The scales were at 193 this morning and that is as Tony the Tiger would say, GREEEEEEEAAAAT!!!!!!!

A friend and I started back walking this week and I've only got 1 month and six days left until we leave for the cruise. I've still got 18 more pounds to go and I've got to get my butt into gear. Like I've said before food is not the problem now I need to get off my butt!

I'm starting to get a lot more compliments on my weight loss (even from my students!!!!) My ego is slowly rising. I could not have done it without you ladies, thank you for all your support. Time for me to kick my own butt and get these last 18 lbs off and shock everyone in my family on the cruise!!

Have a great Tuesday!!!
Old 05-02-2007, 10:24 AM   #104  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning, Ladies . . .

The sun is shining this morning although the temp is certainly not May-like. Supposed to turn to rain again this afternoon, though . . . but definitely a great improvement over yesterday's SNOW

Sorry I never made it in to say Hello yesterday. Monday's surgery was successful but not quite as easy as the first eye back in March. This one needed a stitch in it and consequently it is a bit more tender than I'd like (plus, of course, the mere thought of a stitch in my eyeball makes the stomach churn). At least I had a good night's sleep last night and the eye is feeling a little bit less painful this monring, but I certainly know it is still there.

Kittens (and the rest of the cattage) are doing fine . . . although I feel like I've got 3 babies in the house and I always seem to be wiping little cat bottoms (they are not exactly the neatest in the litter yet). Doing the 'kitten shuffle' has become the standard way of walking for everybody who comes into my house to avoid stepping on one. I know they will be out of kitten-hood in the of an eye so I'd better enjoy it while I can.

Been pondering long and hard about the upcoming hysterectomy and think I may delay it until the Fall . . . I've just about had enough for now what with the three minor surgeries so far this year and I really need a break. Haven't had any 'problems' since the one that started everything last September/October so it should be a safe little delay -- yeah, I know, famous last words. Haven't called the GYN yet. Going to wait until next week to see if I feel any differently about it by then.

Hey . . . where is our 'fearless leader, Tina'? . . . we are still working on an April thread. If we don't hear from her today, I'll start a new one in the morning.

In the meantime, girls . . . keep everything moving and shaking. See you soon . . .
Old 05-02-2007, 05:20 PM   #105  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Hey Linda, you may go ahead and start a new thread. I haven't been very reliable here lately. Life is getting busy. My friend just moved into our neighborhood, so Alyssa has made many plans for us! It's nice to come out hibernation and enjoy the outdoor life. I've become so active with her. Which is great because I can pack nothing but healthy snacks, which gives us no choice but to eat healthy. And not being home keeps my mind off of food and the active isn't so bad either. Oh my playdates have never been so much fun! hehehe

Anyways, ladies keep up the great work! Here's to a successful active weight shifting summer!!
Closed Thread