Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 09:00 AM   #16  

Gray this morning but I'm feeling somewhat better than yesterday morning. Managed to do more decluttering but not any good on the diet front. That 20 minutes a day (or at a time) is a good goal, ceara. 'twil be mine again soon.

Bit of good news. Talked to friend yesterday who told me "my" pool is indeed open again. So I called this a.m. and checked and it is. Happy not to have to find another. Will start back as soon as pinhole heals over. My bones are ready for it.

BIL home from hospital after cancer surgery. Seems to be doing OK (which, of course, is not yet "good"). Crossing fingers all goes well.

Branched out a bit yesterday and started cleaning china closet. One more d/w load and I'll be ready to fill it up again - hopefully moving some things at least to storage. I'm hoping weather is at least good enough to stick my head out the door. I do think I have MAJOR cabin fever. Four more days.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:03 AM   #17  

Such good timing for me lately. Simulposting with WN today, ceara yesterdy. I do believe in healing touch too, WN and all of the mind aspects of healing. Not in an overboard way but in the fact that anything positive beats anything negative any time. Just sometimes forget to do some of the things that would help me.

And - away.........................
Old 04-14-2007, 08:13 AM   #18  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Mornin' All! Nice to see you up and about Anagram....so there was a little pin sticking out...was it like a christmas ball on the end....that is what my friend had...we threatened to paint it!

Arabella, too bad about the storm...I think we sent it that way! Yes, most of the things are OK...there are a couple of soft perennials which I thought were a bit early, that are going to have to start again, but that is OK. And of course the kildeer and robins were quite disgruntled at the weather change...there were still insects around though. The frogs shut up. They were tentatively going last night.

OK....worked all day yesterday and am again today so gotta run!

Old 04-14-2007, 10:03 AM   #19  

Sunny but still cold. Storm expected here too, possibility of snow - unheard of for this area at this tiime of year. Spring has got to stay soon. Daffs, etc. still ok but it's nicer to have warm weather to enjoy them.

Yes, a little green ball like thing on top of pin. Last time I didn't have a bally thing. Pin just stuck out. My little ball is green and my sister (who saw it on St. Pat's weekend) asked if they come in different colors for different holidays Pin itself, I understand, is about four inches long according to PA. I won't be looking to find out.

So I'm off to Princessville again today. Hoping to come back on Wednesday if DS can do that. Sis offered to do the halfway thing again. We'll see. Last time I was down there was a problem with my getting on line and doubt it's fixed yet so probably won't be checking in again until I'm safely home.

FLOWER - where are you?

Promenade on, Royals.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:36 AM   #20  
the sword bearer

Hopefully Flower is getting settled in her new home in Florida!

Well the sun is out after that surprise snow blizzard last night...I walked in it. It is headed your ways Anagram and Arabella. Rather pretty....big flakes, didn't stick around. Likely Nature's last hurrah!

'K...I'm off for Cornation Street!
Old 04-15-2007, 09:30 AM   #21  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Smile Good morning, Queenlies!

Well, the Reiki workshops were verrrrry interesting... many of us intuited areas of people's bodies where there were issues. One guy actually had a sharp pain to his shoulder when he went over mine and I felt the energy from my hand going to his knee. My shoulders/neck area are problematic and have been for quite some time. At some point yesterday I read that that corresponds to taking other people's problems onto your shoulders. There was an "Aha" for sure.

When I was going to sleep, I heard a whisper: "I'm dying of cancer." It was a female voice, purely informational and without any emotional weight attached to it. I didn't get the impression that it was about me. Apparently Reiki makes one more intuitive or more open to one's intuition. I'll talk to the woman who led the workshop about that. It might, I suppose, even be from the past -- someone who's lived in this house. It might also be nothing -- but it doesn't feel like that. In any case, I don't find it disturbing.

Ceara -- WHAT???!!! MORE snow? Ah, say it ain't so... 'Tis beautiful and sunny here today, although there's a fair amount of snow on the ground. I must get out for a walk. Oh, wait a minute --- I think they're calling for rain here tomorrow. Which in April seems much more apropos.

You're right though, sometimes snow this time of year seems almost magical when it's mild and the snow is beautiful big soft flakes.

Anagram, I'll miss you till you get back from Princesville. Have a wonderful time, though. Oh, so soon that pin will be history and you'll be on the road to... being on the road. Lots!

Speaking of which, I'd better hit that road to get in walkies. We've got a party at my sister's that was postponed from last week. Busy weekend!

Kaylets, WSW, Flower... are ye there? Love to all!

Old 04-17-2007, 07:23 AM   #22  

Smile Bumpity-bump!

Quiet in the palace. Of course, Anagram's in Princessland until tomorrow and Flower may not be able to get here from Florida yet. Hope all others are well. As I recall, HRM Ceara had been caught by a cold.

All is well here. I'm considering going back to WW -- weekly WI does tend to make one hocusPokusFOCUS

I've got sound yoga at noon today. It's really cool -- I felt wonderful when I left class last week and for days even thinking about it made me feel good again.

Shall walk over there, maybe try to do some qi gong too.

I've got to shower up and head for ye olde salt mines. Let's make this a good one!

Old 04-17-2007, 07:59 AM   #23  
the sword bearer

WOW, you are up early Arabella! My cold is still here...apparently I kept DH up the other night with my nose whiffling...I took a decongestant last night which did not make me sleep well, but hopefully he did!

Anyway am off tomorrow I hope to the D.C. area...be back in 10 days or so. Should be able to log in and report though!

Your reiki and yoga sounds interesting. I do believe that stuff works....

Have a great day ! Isn't Anagram getting her pins out today? Or is it tomorrow.....
Old 04-17-2007, 09:32 AM   #24  

I believe it's today. Sending healing vibes! :
Old 04-18-2007, 08:09 AM   #25  
the sword bearer

Leaving tomorrow....will be gone for 10 days....my main goal will be to stay on programme. I do not want to re-gain anything....what a challenge, eh?

I may be able to pop in here as we will have a computer and internet, but I don't know how much I'll be able to....hope you all keep well!

Old 04-18-2007, 09:54 AM   #26  

Smile Good morning, Good Queenlies!

Fly-by I went out for breakfast with a friend who's off to hike El Camino de Santiago in Spain for six weeks. I'm slightly envious -- although I'm not sure I'd want to devote six weeks to hiking. Had a spinach and cheddar omelet and home fries. Not quite my usual oat bran and soy milk... but once in a while won't hurt.

Oh, 'tis quiet indeed. I b'lieve our Anagram returns home today, pin-free. Whither other s?

Ceara, have a wonderful trip -- hope you get a chance to pop in whilst away. I know you'll do great!

Anagram, welcome home! Sending healing vibes for your tootsies! :

K -- back to ye olde salt mines for me. Let's make this a good one!

Old 04-19-2007, 02:57 PM   #27  

Aye, Royals, I am home and pinless....Still tender. Took a little tryout spin around the neighborhood but decided I can wait another day or so for a sojourn. Still grayish but things are to look up tomorrow.

Must find a place for PT for 6-8 weeks and get new orthotics made. Easy enough, all.

ceara - DC area? Why not when I was there. Princessville falls into that category and surgery was at Georgetown Hosp.

Dear BIL had to have emergency hernia repair this week 13 days after his major cancer surgery. Hear he's doing well (nickname now "Ironman"). They did find one malignant lymphnode and a little cancer in remaining tissue somewhere though so he will be having another round of chemo in less than a month. Yikies!

So - after all this inactivity and "pity party" eating, I finally stepped on the scale. Gained of course but not as much as I should have for all my transgressions. So - finally - I'm setting my goals for this lap - all the back to basics stuff and a goal of 9 lbs down for the remainder of the Summer Solstice Plan. Of course the first 2 or 3 will be the same I'm always losing. Hoping to get back to both pool and tai chi (as well as PT) starting next week. Nine pounds in nine weeks would be doable for many but my fat is so very fond of me it hates to leave. But I think it's about time (and overdue) for a major try. And we're beginning the fresh fruit/veggie time, so there's no better time to start again than now. Plus flowers, spring and all that.

I love hearing about your Reiku, WN. I do feel we dismiss our intuitions a lot and that we can "grow" in that way if we work on it. So off I go, have a few old letters, etc. to file or discard. Did a little shredding today as well as laundry and unpacking. Must take advantage of last non-driving days and enjoy at least what I've managed to get done so far.

So off I go. So good to be home.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:55 AM   #28  
a work in progress...

Default a prodigal returns...

Back from far off lands and beyond to a place where I've always felt most comfortable. Mind if I pull up a small parcel of cyberspace and hang out?

I'm feeling the need to state some goals and intentions and to actually stick to 'em this time! I won't blather on, just gonna put it out there:

In order to become a healthier almost-50-year-old, I need to do the following:

Eat well.
Exercise daily: body and brain

That should cover it! Seems simple really. SO WHAT'S STOPPING ME?

These and other issues to be explored in future posts. For now, I'm just glad to be back somewhere near the track, if not fully "on it" yet! Spring is returning, apparently, to my neck of the woods tomorrow (later today, actually) I can't wait to get moving outside...lots of yardwork and gardening to be done. Definitely my favorite kind of exercise!

Ceara...I'll be in DC next weekend!
Arabella...Thanks for luring me over, it's good to be back!

Hi to everyone else: Anagram Eydie, Kaylets, wsw. I'd like to add more but my beeper just went off, people around here expect me to work, I guess. Will pop in later from home. Have a good day, all!
Old 04-20-2007, 08:10 AM   #29  

Talking O frabjous day!

Also, calloo callay! Faire Anagram is home, pin-free and Faire Katrinabgood is in the Palace. Life's good

Oh, we've got sunshine today for the first time in ... well, seems like a very long time. I recall it was sunny a week ago last Tuesday...

I've been doing a Reiki treatment every morning and it really makes me feel good. Having interesting things happen. It's supplanted the yoga spot, though, so I'm trying to work yoga into the day in segments. Not managing too well, though, so must try harder.

I'm not having issues with food intake control at all and have been off sugar and flour very close to 100% -- just incidental amounts. Although I may have a glass or two of wine tonight It's FRIDAY!!! (and maybe Faire Punkinseed will return to proclaim some day but in the interim I could not resist -- although I really didn't try very hard).

So ... fairly big work day today (yup, Kat, that's the problem with work -- if they just let us do what we wanted and come and go as we pleased it would be SO much better).

Soooo, I'm going to go shower up and then have some coffee (I'm down to a decaf/caf mix that ends up being the equiv. of one cup a day -- not totally off but not so needful as I was).

Let's make this a good one, lies!
Old 04-20-2007, 08:52 AM   #30  

Oh, sunny day! Hail! All the spring yellows seem so much more yellow in the sunshine.

Drove around the neighborhood yesterday for practice. Don't know if I'm going to brave more today or not. I want to, cluck, cluck, cluck.

Anyhoo, I actually had a good day foodwise yesterday. One down - well, that's one more than before. Also slept well second half of night so SHOULD be up to anything today. Music - I need to turn off the news and hear some music. And find some fun.................
Closed Thread