Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 01:35 PM   #16  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

I have been so happy I wasn't able to sleep last night...I think I am finally realizing that we are going to be moving soon, very soon, lol! Having an inspection Friday-already! So, I brought in boxes to get started on the packing. Glad V taped a bunch up for me, really saves on time. Going to do my closet today and some other things in the bedroom and then do Josh's room. Tomorrow I will tackle some in the kitchen and who knows what else. Our plan is to put everything in the garage for now to get it out of the way. Ugh, I wish I could wiggle my nose like Samantha on Bewtiched and it all be done, lol!

MARTI...you guys will love going to the open houses. DD and I did that a couple of weeks ago and DH and I do that a lot sometimes. Mainly to get ideas for decorating and because I enjoy looking at the new homes. You know, about exercising and sleeping...I definitely fall asleep faster and stay asleep most of the night when I exercise...one of the benefits of exercising.

SUE...I hope your mom is okay and not catching anything. Hugs to her I'm sorry DH said something that upset you too, hugs to you too! And yeah, MEN! UGH! Lol They make me sick how they lose weight so much faster than us. V has stayed on plan but doesn't exercise and has lost so much already and me...ugh, I am a slug, sooooo slow. Oh well, I figure I will get there one day. A typical menu for me when OP is: Breakfast 1 cup of cereal/oatmeal,1 cup of 2% milk, a banana and water Lunch: these tuna snack pack things (on a tuna kick for some reason lately) 1 cup of raw carrots, and an apple sometimes I will have one of the WW frozen dinners in place of the tuna, and water. Have a snack of some sort usually a 2-3 pt. snack at about 3:30 4'ish it differs from a WW ice cream sandwich to a WW snack cake, cheese & wheat thins, popcorn whatever I am in the mood for and water. Dinner varies as well sometimes I have a chicken salad with a cup of carrots on the side, or a cup of brown rice, boneless, skinless, baked chicken breast, 1 cup of green beans and more water. I think dinner is the one I struggle with the most because I like to have my menu's planned but hate to figure out the points for everything. My WW cookbooks are packed and in storage or I would use them. Hope that helps.

JULES...hope all goes well with DH at the doctors today. And I agree, DS is a sweetie and I bet his GF really appreciated him taking care of her. Glad you are back on target. V and I were talking last night about eating out...he too was off track by eating out but he did lose a 1/2 pound, men! Lol It makes me think of this commercial where the wife and hubby go on a diet together and the lady was a little chunky still and everything that they or she cut out the hubby got soooooo skinny. It's cartoonish and I can't remember what it is a commercial for but I thought that is so true. Women work their butts off to lose and it's so hard and men don't even try and lose. Of course I don't know how I ended up with the fat gene in the family. Oh well...one day at a time. Hope you have a better day today!

MINDEE...that is a perfect description of the boys hair if they let it get long...Grandpa Munster, lol. Of course they get it from their dad, that and all of them have such thick pretty hair. They boys hair is black and DD is always saying "I should have had black hair" lol! Hers is dark brown but in pictures it looks black, or close to it. Glad that Brandon is sleeping better so that you can get your sleep. That baby will be here before you know it. And..what Marti said...do you get a feel of whether it is a boy or girl? I figured I would have three boys because the way it is in my family my sisters had 3 boys, the other had 2. My brothers had all girls so I figured I would have three boys but...I did carry DD really high and the pregnancy was different from the boys so that should have been an indicator there that it wasn't a boy, lol. She was feisty too, and still is, lol.

JANE...hope you get some rest today. Have a good day with the gang! I see about the tickets. Instead of going to Disneyland I should plan a trip to DW since Universal is right there as well, or so I heard. They should have done that in CA instead of DL being in Orange County and Universal on the other side. Is Sea World around Universal and DW? That's another place I would like to go again some day-loved Sea World in San Diego.

Okay, Hi to everyone else

I need to get going. It is supposed to be 70 today and I am taking advantage of it by going to the park to walk. It's supposed to drop back to the 50's tomorrow. I've got to do Josh's banking online as well and look up a couple of other things so...better get going.

Take care ladies and I hope everyone has a terrific Tuesday!
Old 03-06-2007, 01:38 PM   #17  
One day at a time

HI AMY

You snuck in there while I was writing that novel. I try to keep it short for the most part but I tend to ramble sometimes, lol.

WTG on the walking! I am getting ready to head to the park in about 30 minutes or so. It is such a beautiful day today!

Have a good day!
Old 03-06-2007, 05:49 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 205.5/158.50/132

Height: 5'7"

Well my day went in a tailspin....at least I know why I was feeling so weird. I was getting sick. It came on me hard and I couldn't hold anything down. Not even water. I was up pretty much all night. Cold sweats and chills. Today i'm just sweaty. I've been sleeping on the couch all day long. Good news is tho my hubby is buying me a new car at the auction tomarrow.

I let you know if we get it. Oh and I lost weight....haha...that's what happens when you throw your guts up...(sorry for the visual) :P

Tina
Old 03-06-2007, 07:11 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 166

Height: 5'4"

Hello Ladies!!

Hope everyone is doing well. My trip went pretty well...even got home a little earlier today. I got a call from my DS at 6 am...he is still sick so I left early. There is no place like home.. I feel like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz

Wish I could say I ate better, but I really blew it...I am glad it was only for one day!

Judy--Thank for Sharing and for being a part of our group!

Marti- I think I celebrated that .6 pounds a bit too much, but the scales will tell the story I am sure.

Tina- My goal is to loose slowly and hope to keep it off forever. (yep-I'm dreaming) So sorry to hear you are sick. I hope you feel better soon !!

Jane--Wow what a planner you are!! AND how exciting..Univeral and Disney. I guess as my crew gets a bit older I will do the same thing. Well..maybe not both, but it would be nice!! I misssed the convention because I was the urgent care with my DS...sick again BUT he is on the mend..back to school tomorrow.

Jules- I fully expect to stay flat or to gain a bit..I really ate bad yesterday. It is so hard when I am traveling and entertaining. But I think the key is to not give up... Oh--I hope you are feeling better!!

Mindee-- I hope you are taking care of yourself. I know it is hard with the kids sometimes. They wear you down so much!! Take Care

Amy-- That is the happy dance for your weigh loss!! Congratulations!! You definitley motivate us!!

Jen-- I quit smoking 11 years ago and although it was tough- It was the greatest thing I ever did for myself and my family. Keep coming back for support and if you gain a pound or two...just know that you WILL loose it- once your body stops craving the nicotine.

Jodi-- I hope all you blood test come back OK..I will be thinking about you!

Christina- don't beat yourself up about 1 pound. Your'e being honest, accountable, and giving back to others....Keep sharing ansd showing up--That is so important to you and to US!! Thanks for being here!!

Sue--Hope your Mom is better...there are some pretty nasty viruses around. AND...OP for me is VERY Simple. I am counting Calories and almost everyday I have: Coffee with Cream (50) Yogurt (60). for Lunch - Lean Cusine (300) fruit for snack (80). Dinner varies, but usually grilled meat and salad--very little bread (400). and I always save 200-300 calories for low fat cheese-its and a lowfat sweet snack. I know I would loose more weight if I left off the after dinner snacks, but I have tried and I overeat--so I have stocked my house with lots of lowfat snacks and so far I am loosing..SLOWLY, but I am still here and still trying...so I will celebrate that for today!!

I am to watch IDOL..have a great evening to all and hello to anyone I missed!! Did I mention that I am so HAPPY to be home

to all!!
Old 03-06-2007, 09:55 PM   #20  
GmaTo8

I had such a fun day!

We gals had a hilarious lunch! The owner of the restaurant knows us well, and had the forethought to place us in a back corner this time, lol. Then, although one of the gals had to get back to work, we other 3 browsed and shopped downtown. There are a couple new craft shops that have opened, so it was fun to poke around in them. I bought a gorgeous basket of silk dogwood blooms to put on the top of my piano in the guest room.

Tomorrow I'm planning to stay home and get the laundry done. Makenzie is coming to be "Grandma's girl" after preschool. I'm not sure what we'll be doing, but I'm sure it will be fun. The little sweetheart is still torn up about losing her doggy, so the diversion will be good for her. The weather is supposed to really warm up here in southern Indiana, so a big WOOHOO for that! Maybe I'll get to play outside.

Take care, and I promise I'll do individuals soon.

Last edited by Jane; 03-07-2007 at 11:04 AM.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:08 PM   #21  

Jane, It sounds like you have the life! Wow! I know that going out with my girls is the best! What happened to Makenzie's doggie?

Vann, they do say if you lose it slower you are more likely to keep it off. I'm kinda impatient tho. My goal is to keep it off by weighing myself frequently after I lose it. I know I'm determined this time. I feel like I did the last time I lost about 50 pounds. I lost myself tho and i'm just trying to find me again. I'm feeling much better. Had to stick to a liquid diet today tho. I couldn't eat solid foods so I had slim fast. It was soothing. And Diet 7up.
Christina, good luck on the moving. Sounds like you are organized. When we moved last time I couldn't believe all of the STUFF we had aquired....I said I'd never move again.

Well, I"m going to relax some more and try to get feeling better. I think I'm getting a car tomarrow. A Lincoln Navigator. But you never know...it could go for more than I want to spend. Fingers Crossed.

Tina
Old 03-07-2007, 01:01 AM   #22  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies! well, we are getting bombarded with snow yet again. ok, maybe not bombarded, but a couple of inches anyways. we didn't win the lotto either....bummer. hopefully no one wins it so it goes up higher. it was at $370 million for Tuesday nights drawing. If nobody wins it, then the next drawing will be on Friday night.

Marti~ I have always said that this pregnancy reminds me of Brandon's but it does have some difference to it. I told Tommy that I wasn't sure if it was because I got pregnant in the same month, just ten days later, and I am due around the same time, just ten days later. I have had some things that have been different which is what has made me think that there might be a girl in there. Since I have started showing, every one says that I am carrying high. And if we go by the heart rate, the heart has been 140 and higher, which if you go by the old wives tale, that signals a girl.

Cristina~ Like I mentioned to Marti, I have had a feeling for a girl since the beginning but when I got the ultrasound when I was in the hospital and thought that I might have caught a glimpse of a penis I have been unsure since then. Tommy thinks that if we are following in his parents footsteps then this one will be a girl because they had two sons, then a daughter and then Tommy. Now, if we were to follow in my parents footsteps, then this one will be a boy, since my parents had five girls.

hello to all you wonderful ladies! how are you all doing?
Old 03-07-2007, 10:53 AM   #23  
Quit smoking 2/26/07

Height: 4' 11"

Thanks all for the warm welcomes. It's neat to see a few of you from Indiana also.
I'm battling cig cravings pretty well. Someone had mentioned St. John's Wort earlier for anxiety...I'd just like to chime in that it does take the edge off a nic fit, too. Other than that, I'm cold turkey.
Going out with my folks today, though...and they both smoke (somebody light a candle for me!)
Did 1.67 mi. on the elliptical and had a very healthy dinner last night: perch fillet, zucchini, portabello all on the GF grill. I added up the calories. Less than 300. Does that sound right? And then, of course, I blew it by inhaling ice cream w/ peanut butter at 7:30. Really gotta find a sub. for that.
Y'all have a good day
- Jen
Old 03-07-2007, 11:07 AM   #24  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ladies--

Computer is acting really SLOW today so I'm going to type fast and get off of here.

Sue--Hmmm....Ok here is a day for me:
  • B: Oatmeal/english muffin/coffee
  • L: Turkey sandwhich
  • D: Chicken/veggie/squash
  • S: Stringcheese/boiled egg
Probably not the greated menu for the day but it's pretty much what I have. Dinner is some kind of lean meat w/lots of veggies. Try to do fresh veggies. I eat a snack before lunch and before dinner. My lunches are usually left overs from dinner. I LOVE my WW cookbooks. They tend to help w/my meal planning.

Amy--Good for you for strapping on the pedometer and recording your steps!! I should do that again. I used to wear one everyday...not sure what made me stop!

Cristina--It's getting closer to getting serious! We discussed our budget and if we can get by if we bought a house.....we're thinking we'll have to cut corners at first but we'll settle right in. Hopefully by summer we'll find a place!!

Tina--Sorry you're feeling so bad! Get plent of rest and take it easy. You'll have to tell us what kind of car your DH got.

Vann--I'm trying to lose slowly too (toooooo slowly) and yes....it WILL be forever!! We gotta think positive right!

Jane--Your DGD are SO lucky to have you as a grandma! I have wonderful memories of being w/my grandma and they are ones to cherish forever.....your DGD's will be the same when they get older. Have a wonderful day with them!

Mindee--Is today the ultrasound day?? You'll have to tell us what you hear/see! Now is there a reason why you're having a StageII ultrasound?? I've never even heard of a stage II ultrasound.....been too long since I've had a baby!

Jen--I feel for ya on the cigarette. You can only do what you can do. I've quit and started many times. I'm at the "quitting" stage of life once again. So lets do this together and beat the habit once and for all. (I'm cold turkey too---maybe that's my problem!)

Good morning to the rest of ya.

Ok...need to get this morning started. Breakfast is calling me......I'm having what I just mentioned above to Sue....doesn't that sound good???
Old 03-07-2007, 11:46 AM   #25  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning Ladies!

Sorry that I have been MIA this past week....

Welcome to Judy, Jenn and Amy...looking forward to getting to know you. I'm sorta a newbie here too.

Amy--Congrats on your 4 lbs weight loss. I wish I had your motivation for exercise. Keep up the good work.

Cristina--Good luck with the packing and moving. I know that it can get a little overwhelming but I'm sure it will all come together well. I can't believe that you are doing it all in only 2 weeks. I think I started packing 2 months before my last move--Hope all goes well with your house sale. How is your Mom doing?

Sue--Hope all goes well with selling your house. How is your Mom feeling?

Marti--So you are house hunting also??? There really is a real estate frenzy going on on this board. As for me, I am finally staying put until retirement. We got into our house 4 years ago right in the middle of the housing craziness in our area. Our house has gone up about 300 thousand in the past 4 years. I'm going to sit on this equity for a while now. I hope you find the house of your dreams soon. It really is a lot of fun!!

Jodi--When will you get your blood work results?

Tina--Hope you are feeling better. Car shopping, huh?

Jane--I've never been to Disney. My sister took my kids to Disneyland and Disney World both when she lived in CA and in Orlando. I guess I'll save my visit till I can take some grandkids. But gotta marry off my kids first. My son says that he is getting married fall of 08' and my daugther announced that she expects to get engaged sometime this year. I just hope I don't have weddings back to back.

Mindee--I'm getting your snow right now. We are expecting about 4" but then the temps are going to be in the 40-50's the rest of the week so it will all melt. Just makes a crappy day for today.

Hello to all that I missed, Jules, Michele, Vann. Finally a day off with nothing planned!!! It's snowing like crazy out and I was supposed to take my mother out for two doc appts but she is afraid of falling in the snow and I rescheduled the appts. Woo-Hoo!!!

We have been so busy planning for the countertop change in my kitchen. We went to the home and garden show last Saturday and then searching for sinks and faucets on Sunday. I've spent hours on the net looking for ideas. This is only supposed to be countertops for heavens sake!!! How did I ever manage to remodel an entire kitchen in my old house?? We have an appt with a contractor on Friday eve and hope that he works out because I hate to go back to the drawing board and find another.

Ladies did I go to a PARTY last night!!! Hope I don't offend anyone here but it was an ADULT TOY PARTY called Slumber Parties!!! I nurse that I work with was invited by a pediatrician that she used to work with and was too timid to go by herself so she invites "bold, always up for anything, " me!! We had a blast!! The party was very tastefully done. There were about 20 women, several pediatricians (I did know one doc from when she was a resident at my hospital) most didn't know each other or they brought a friend. I've never seen so many women from different backgrounds be so open about their sex lives. Of course my dh knew where I was going and winked at me, as I was leaving the house, saying that I could spend as much as I wanted!!! Guess who booked a party???? Yup, you bet!! Now I gotta figure out who would be up to attending. What a way to meet your neighbors!! There are still those that I don't know in the neighborhood. Then again, we are sending a proposal to the board of directors in the neighborhood about getting permission to change our front door (yes, I live in one of those community associations that have to ask if they can go to the mailbox in their bathrobe without worrying that they will be fined) so maybe I'll wait till I get the approval on the front door before I send out invites to the party. We have lots of "Stepford Wives" in this neighborhood and it would fun to see who shows up!

Hope you all have a wonderful day. My dance night will probably be cancelled tonight due to the snow. Guess I'll head to the basement and get on the treadmill or elliptical to make up for the exercise that I'll miss dancing tonight.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:59 AM   #26  

Thanks Marti ~ I'm feeling much better. I really didn't have the flu but had flu like symtoms from a blood infection in my foot that I get due to a condition I've had in my left foot. So it's not as complicated as it sounds but it happens. I'm just glad to be feeling better today.

Well the auction is today and we're bidding on a Lincoln Navigator. If they don't go over our top bid..it'll be ours! I'm worried it will tho because it's 'loaded'. Has DVD/Navigation/Hot and Cold seats/and it seats 8! But don't want to get my hopes up too high!

Jen ~ Hi and welcome here! I'm pretty new myself. I think it's great you're giving up smoking. Sounds like you're doing it all with changing your diet and giving that up....very brave of you!

Well everyone else ~ I hope you are all doing well! I am .5 away for losing my first 10 pounds. Only 6 more sets of 10 to go! Not so bad If I think of it in those terms.

Have a great day!

Tina
Old 03-07-2007, 12:00 PM   #27  
GmaTo8

Hello all you beautiful ladies!

Judy, Jen and Amy - I'd like you to fill out a bio if/when you're ready, ok?

Sue - when I'm OP, here's what I eat:
Breakfast - 1 complex carb and 1 protein and 2 cups of coffee
Lunch - salad greens (not iceburg!) with 1 T. nuts, 1 T. dried cranberries, 2 oz. cooked turkey or chicken, mandarin orange slices, and all sorts of "free" veggies such as tomato, cucumber, with 2 T. olive oil and vinegar dressing.
Snack - fruit smoothie made with plain ff yogurt, a little Splenda, and frozen peaches, raspberries, or whatever fruit is left in the freezer, lol.
15 minutes before dinner - 2 T walnuts.
Dinner - some type of salad, (but not mayo-based ones), 4 oz. protein, lots of "free" veggies, (green beans are my best friend, lol) 1 complex carb, such as wild rice or couscous. One fresh fruit.
Snack - 1 oz. cereal and 1/2 cup milk helps me sleep.
Yes, I eat all day long to keep my blood sugar level. I also take a multi-vitamin and drink 6-8 cups of water daily.

Judy - I don't think it matters how often you get weighed but if the fluxuations upset you, I'd slack off. No matter how often you weigh, maybe you should count it only once, making it the same day each week. Like you, I have a whole range of clothing sizes in my closet.

Marti - aww, thanks for your kind words about me being a good grandma. I know you will be a good one when your day comes. Sometimes my heart feels like it will truly burst with love for the little stinkers. Like you, exercise helps me sleep. YAY for you giving up the ciggies again!!!!

Jen - a big Welcome to you! As someone who quit smoking over 10 years ago, my advice is to try to stay away from smokers. I know you can't stay away from your parents, lol, but if you can avoid all other smokers until you're no longer tempted, that will help. Since so few people smoke anymore, that should help.

Amy - a big Welcome to you, too. Hope you get your Tae Bo dvd soon. Good luck with the walking today.

Jodi - hope you find something fun to do today. Down here in southern Indiana, the weather is gorgeous! Sunny and almost 60 degrees. Boo-Ya!!!

Tina - I'm thinking that if you add some protein to your diet, that might help you feel better. Here's hoping you get your car today. About the dog, Sadie was about 6 months old, had just been spayd, and got hit a week ago Sunday. My DGDs are still mourning her. So am I. She used to come in my doggie door several times a day to tell me hello and look for a handout.

Cristina - oh my gosh, the 21st will be here before you know it! If you go to the liquor store, they can give you some really neat sectioned boxes that bottles of whiskey comes in. I think we've already talked about that before, but oh well, lol.

Jules - aww, your son is for sure a keeper! What a sweetie! How's DHs thumb? Any permanent damage, you think?

Mindee - we aren't going to Universal until this time next year. But the tickets are 7 days for $85.95 right now, so Neal and I bought them for everyone in the family as part of their Christmas. Hope you're feeling well.

Vann - yep, I'm a planner and an organizer, lol. Btw, I'm glad you're home, too. How's your son feeling today? Hope he's much better.

Hello to anyone else reading this.

Well, as I said yesterday, I'm spending the afternoon with Makenzie. The weather is so pretty and so I'm planning to play outside.

Toodles!
Old 03-07-2007, 01:16 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 248/223/130

Hi everyone,first i want to thank everyone for the warm welcome.This is a great place with a great bunch of supportive and motivating people.Thanks guys.
I stayed inside today and done 10 miles on the bike and some upper body toneing with the weights.
Have a great moving day everyone!!
Old 03-07-2007, 01:58 PM   #29  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

TAMMY...you didn't offend me! I love those parties and have been to several over the years. One even had a stripper I'm not really into the stripper thing but it is fun to watch ladies go crazy and give their money away, lol!

VANN...aaaahhh, poor baby, I hope your son gets to feeling better soon.

TINA...hope youa re feeling better and you get the car today!

MARTI...yeah, in the beginning it will be a shocker sort of until you get used to the mortgage. But I think once you get used to it and the fast that it is 'your' house everything is smooth sailing from there. I am excited for you guys already!

JANE...glad you ladies had a ball! Have fun today and thanks for the reminder of the boxes...we are taking some papers to the bank later and I may have V stop by a liquor store and see if they have some boxes. Will save on paper and bubble wrap, even though we get it free, lol.

MINDEE...oh I hope you have a little girl this time. Thinking pink for you!

Okay, sorry ladies for cutting this short. V woke up this morning feeling bad, shaky, had chills, dry heaves etc. so didn't go into work. But he layed down for a few hours and is now feeling better so we are going to bring some stuff up from the basement and run the papers over to the lender. We found this woman a while back when we were going to sell last year and it didn't work out and she has stuck with us since, and she knows he stuff so we are very thankful for that and her. Anyway, also going to try and fit in a walk today or at least do my 2 mile WATP video...have do do something in between all this other crap. Anyway...

Hi to everyone I missed, sorry time is short. I do hope everyone is having a WONDERFUL Wednesday! Take care and lots of hugs
Old 03-07-2007, 03:54 PM   #30  

Ahhhh we lost the car...back to the preauction next tuesday. I went out for lunch today with my dh and had a lot of salmon! I do feel better Jane thanks for that. You're right protein perks you right up! I wasnt' sure my tummy could tollerate it but it did!

Christina I'm sure a little exercise would be a great thing to do to get your mind off of everything else that is going on. I love to take our dogs out for a walk with my dh. It's refreshing...ahhhh

Good job Amy on the 10 mile bike ride! I need to get back on mine today...

Tammy I think we were posting at about the same time earlier...thanks on the get well wishing and yep my hubby is really bummed about not getting the bid on that car....he's kicking himself because it went for about 1000 more than he told the guy to go. So, I said there'll be others...

I'm feeling great today girls...well a lot better than yesterday and the day before...except my dd little dog won't stop barking for some reason...psh...Magic is a little teacup yorkie and he likes to hear himself bark right now....arggggh....

Talk to you all later!

Tina
Closed Thread