Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 10:53 AM   #16  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ladies

Computer was tied up all night so I wasn't able to visit. Let's see if I can catch up a little.

Sue--After my grandma had passed away, most of my family went in for a colonoscopy, they all pretty much said the same thing. Which put my mind at ease for when ever I have one done.

Jodi--Awww...I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin! Many hugs to you! The girls all said it...just be there for here when she needs someone to talk to. Congrats on your weight loss!

Tina--The scale has never been a friend of mine....so I hate to get on it at all. But decided to WI once a week. Do you journal your food intake? I journal both my food and how much I exercise. And when I have a gain....I can look back and see if I didn't do so well and maybe I need to focus more on what goes in my mouth or if I didn't exercise enough, I can add a little more time to my workouts. Hang in there....it'll start coming off.

Cristina--Fantastic on your weight loss!! And congrats on getting an offer for your house! Prayers for you and for Josh that he's not there long. I know the stress that must be for you. I see Jane got her pages....did you?

Tammy--Great job for your weightloss too! Your weather sounds a lot like Oregon. We had the snow, ice and all that awful stuff....then the temps went up and now we have rain. Rain, Rain, Rain! Ok...so you didn't mention the rain in your area, I will gladly share some of it!

Vann--I'm going to have to look up and see what a Maine coon looks like. I'm not very good w/cat breeds. We have a cat here, but she's an outdoor kitty. Our two little pupplets are pampered indoors. Two chihuahua's. I'm ready for another one!

Jules--OMgoodness!! Your poor husband. Did he do this at work? Thank goodness he didn't hit any major parts. Hugs to him!!

Jane--I'm glad to hear that you got your pages. Wow....checkered cake. That sounds incredibly complicated. This coming from a gal who doesn't like to bake. The other day.....you mentioned a dessert to me that I wanted to try, could you refresh my memory?? Vanilla pudding is as far as I could remember!

Mindee--I haven't had my tubes tied....but I would think that right after having the baby would be the best time to have it done rather than waiting 6mos..... But don't quote me on that....just a gal at work had hers done right after and she told me how thankful that she did. I suppose everyone is different though.

ChristianR--Hello and Welcome!! Your job sound exciting...love to hear more about it. Sounds like your on your way to good start. Just keep it up and I'm sure you'll see results. Happy to have you and looking forward to getting to know you.

Hello to anyone I have missed.

WI was yesterday. I had a stall week. That's a good thing. Better than gaining. I'm hoping it's not a plateau. I hate plateau's....means I have to revamp my ways. But if it is, I'm ready to work on it.
Been drinking much more water too. I've been drinking 4 20oz glasses or bottles a day. So 80oz of water a day is a vast improvement to my "maybe 30oz" and I emphasize "MAYBE"

Ok ladies...it's early enough for me to get some exercise in this morning....so I going to try some more YBB.

Have a good day!
Old 02-27-2007, 12:01 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 205.5/158.50/132

Height: 5'7"

Default weighing....

My thoughts for today...

I have dealing with this should I weigh or should I go thing....and I know why I have this desire to weigh daily and tell me if you all think this makes sense. I was a counselor for a program that isn't around much anymore but it still exist. It was The Diet Center. My mother had lost beautifully. I remember being at college and coming home and I couldn't believe how much she shrunk. She's only 5'2" and she was so excited about the program that she bought the business. She had a beautiful center. When I was home I would help her by being one of the counselors. And whenever I needed to lose a few pounds I would go on progam. One of the main features of the program was daily weigh ins. I noticed that the people that weighed in daily did so much better than those that only weighed weekly. The reason behind this is if you knew you had to get on a scale the next day....you would be sure to stay on program and not fudge. And then also we would go over everything we did the day before and analyze why we lost or gained. It was so supportive. So my mom sold the center and I know I tried to go there one other time after she sold it but it wasn't the same. Now the closest center is over an hour away. So .. basically I am doing the program now online but they have changed the program so much that i'm following the old program. This is day 6 and I am down 3.5 pounds. But I'm going to officially weigh in on Mondays here but I think I'm going to continue to check it daily only tho because I understand the reasons we go up and down. I've had a history of having huge drops here and there with small ups and down in between.

Sorry this was so wordy....but I felt I needed to explain my reasoning...for some reason. haha

I've been following the posts and trying to get to know everyone. I'm really happy to be here. There is so much information on this site. I'm glad to have found it.

Today.....i'm going to keep on keeping on....

Tina
Old 02-27-2007, 01:30 PM   #18  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

And...from one CristinaR to another... CHRISTINAR! Glad to have you here. The ladies here are wonderful and I hope you love it here as much as I do!

JANE...the cake sounds fabulous! I bet it is really pretty too! For some reason since I started WW I have been craving a white cake with the cool whip type frosting. Can't explain it but have wanted some since.

JULES...oh my goodness! I hope DH is feeling fine today. That had to hurt bad, and I bet it is still hurting, poor guy. Hugs to him. It made me think of when Josh nailed his hand with the nail gun...goofy kid just pulled it out and went on with work. I took him to the emergency room when he came home because he wasn't wanting to go.

Okay, sorry for cutting this short. I am getting ready to head out to the park for my walk. It is such a beautiful day today and I want to enjoy it before it gets cold again. Will be back later to post more.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:49 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 205/193/155

Tina-
I think mostly you just gotta do what works for you. You have a proven method for you. I just hate to see the ups and down get your down or discouraged. Hopefully they won't.

Have a good day!

Hi to everyone else!
Old 02-27-2007, 04:19 PM   #20  
One day at a time

Okay, I am back...

JANE...meant to ask, what is coney sauce? Are you guys having a special dinner at church? Well, it all sounds yummy.

TINA...I totally understand where you are coming from with weighing in every day. Funny thing is I have always heard the opposite, that weighing in every day only discouraged you rather than encouraged you. But every one is different and I know there are quite a few people who WI every day. I put my scales away because I tend to get on them if they are out. I only weigh once a week and sometimes that is enough to drive me mad, lol.

MARTI...I did receive your pages yesterday and I too like them. They are GREAT! I like the colors and the journaling. I feel like a goofball not journaling, just never thought about it, lol.

TAMMY...yes, you are a very lucky mother to have your son stationed so close. I was hoping Josh would be stationed at least in this state where he was originally...they changed it three times. Heck anywhere but Hawaii would have been fine. But he will be in the dessert for a few more months. Then to HI for a few and off to Afghanistan. WTG on the loss!

VANN...glad the booty is better! Hope you are having a good day today.

MINDEE... both my sisters and a SIL had their tubes tied...it's been so long though I can't remember if they needed help after or not. But they all had it done right after delivery...figured they were there might as well do it and get it over with. Hope you are having a good day. May will be here before you know it!

SASSY...I used to get the Oprah magazine in the mail but tired of her for some reason. I hadn't bought the magazine in ages but I did go and buy this issue so thanks for the heads up! You know...since you are home on vacation, I was expecting you to post more missy. But I know you have better things to do...I'm sure Pedro is waiting in the wings for you. How are you doing anyway?

SUE...we were just watching What You Get For The Money on HGTV last night-love that station. They said Vegas is one of the fastest growing places. They were also showing Des Moines and for some reason I thought it was a smaller place than what it is.Anyway, every time I see something about Vegas, I think of you guys and my Aunt. So where will you guys go for the winter when you sell your V-pad?

Okay ladies...I was thinking and since there is a Tina and a Christina I will go back to Cristi to avoid any confusion.

The walk was nice and even though it is kind of warm out, I was cold so only did 2 miles. Wasn't really in the mood after getting the phone call on my way there. Our realtor called about the offer and the people didn't counter because they said the company the guy works for is supposed to pay $10,000 in moving expenses for them (they are in Missouri) and for some reason they are fighting them for it so decided to wait and get that taken care of first. What? Okay, this didn't just come up overnight. We are thinking they didn't counter because they wanted us to give them the closing date (March 13), a years warranty and the low, low price they offered. Their realtor told ours that they said they could go and have a house built for the price they offered. I told her if they can then I don't know why they are messing with us, they should go and do it. But we were giving them the closing date and the warranty but not the price they offered. But we were willing to work with it too. So...kind of put me in a bad mood. I felt like they just wasted our time. I woke up at 2:00 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep thinking about that and wondering how we could possibly move in 2 weeks...don't have to think about it now. Anyway...there is a buyer for every house so hopefully they find us and soon, lol!

Hi to everyone else

V has been wanting to go to Red Lobster for dinner and so we are going for an early dinner when he gets home. And then headed to SAMS to get some water and a few other things. Did I mention he has lost 21 pounds so far? He is doing GREAT and I am so proud of him. Why is it though that men lose so much faster than women? I better get going ladies.

Take care and have a GREAT day!
Old 02-27-2007, 09:37 PM   #21  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Red face Vacation's almost over.........*SIGH*

Hola Chicas!

Well Vacation is almost over........*sigh* I have tonight and tomorrow night, and then Thursday night its BACK TO WORK.

I know, I know, I haven't been posting much........What can I say? Pedro has been here giving me pedicures, massages, even cleaning my apt!

Nah really...........I woke up and my DH was cleaning! Not unusual, but I mean seriously cleaning! He even cleaned out the fridge!!!!!!!

All I had to do was put clothes away, dust and do the bathroom. We ordered in, but I couldn't eat much at all. I think I am getting the flu bug that is going around. Great, just freaking great I get it right before going back to work! Aw well, maybe it will assist in some much needed WL.

Have a Great Day!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 02-28-2007 at 05:14 AM.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:19 AM   #22  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Marti~ I know what you are talking about. With Essure, you need to use other forms of birth control (i.e. condoms) for the first three months while the inserts do what they are suppose to do. I wrote Tommy an email last night after I went to the site, and his first question was "so there is still a chance that you could get pregnant in those first three months?" I said "well, yeah if we don't use a condom." So, I think that just re-iterates the decision of getting my tubes tied while I am already in there being a better option. So, I think we are going to steady the course and go with the tubal ligation. Your friend made a great choice, and I think it just helped me make up my mind for sure.

Tina~ That makes total sense to me. I have been there, done that and I think it drove me insane by doing the daily weigh ins.

Cristi~ I thought you didn't want to be called that anymore? Or did you change your mind? (brain fart.....can't remember) Anyways, like I mentioned to Marti, I think that just re-iterated the fact that since I am already there, I might as well just go through it. Tommy has mentioned to me that if he can't get the time off, then me and the kids could go to my mom's for a week if my sister Robyn can't come down to help. I am hoping that he can get the time off because I don't want to go to my mom's house. (I love her to death, but I couldn't wait to move out of there when we lived there) Ok....never mind you answered me on the name change. I know what you mean about men losing weight faster then women. Tommy can stop eating salt and drinking pop and boom he is down some weight. Congrats to V on the weight loss!

Sassy~ It is good to hear from you. I hope you feel better soon!
Old 02-28-2007, 12:24 PM   #23  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ladies!

I was up early so I got a few things done. I did my YBB video. I've viewed all three and now I can say that I like the ballet part of the video's. Can really feel it!

Tina--No explaination needed. You need to do what best for you. And if that works and helps encourage you, then by all means...go for it. I've never tried weighing everyday. Maybe I'll try it for a week sometime and see the flucuation. Too bad that the place isn't the same going to it anymore. I hate it when you're comfortable somewhere and then things change, its never the same.

Cristina--Glad to hear that you received your pages. Both you and Jane are going to have to forgive me for the crooked placements! Some of the photos aren't quite straight and neither is the journalling....I think I was concentrating more on getting them done and mailed!

Sassy--I thought I read somewhere about you wanting to do something for 6mos......or was that someone else?? Anyway, we'll be here for you for support how ever you decide do your weighloss.

Mindee--Hopefully Tommy will get time off to help you. Most companies are very understanding when it comes to maternity leave. I was surprised when I heard that men can have maternity leave too.....does he have that option?

Good morning to the rest of you gals!

I better get moving....I need to get to work and I need to drop some bills off at the post office.

Have a great day.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:11 PM   #24  

Hello girls!

Everything is working out with my support of my cousin's wife. I talked to her for 3 hrs the other night. I didn't know what I could do for her, but wanted to do something. So she asked me if my son could read a poem at the graveside and then said she needed a poem. So I was able to search thru the internet so she didn't have to and I found a poem that she really liked. It felt good to do that!
Then she was trying to make a cd to play at the funeral home and my cousin always did all the burning of cds and my husband knew how to do that so we went and my hubby took care of the cd for her.
The funeral is tomorrow afternoon.

Ok, so I went to the dr today. She let me know that it had been 3 yrs since I had been there before and 2 yrs before that. She was a little bit perturbed with me I think cause I had a list of things I had been saving up. Esp when I told her I had been having problems for about 6 months.
She wasn't too concerned about intestinal stuff, a colonoscopy wasn't even mentioned. She is leaning towards thyroid problems and depression. I told her that my life was good, I hadn't had any major upsets or whatever. She told me I need to think about things before my next appt (next Fri- when we will go over my results) that it doesn't have to be anything major that it's all chemicals in the brain. I told her that 6 or 7 yrs ago my gyn diagnosed me with depresssion and I took meds for awhile and then my life situation changed and I had been off meds for about 5 yrs. She told me that it is possible to not need the meds all the time, because it's about chemicals. This makes no sense to me. I used to work in mental health services and it takes weeks for meds to kick in, unless they have new meds out that you can take and they work when you need them, I don't know.

Anyhow, the great thing is that I got weighed and even with shoes I weighed 196! So I weighed on my scales and I really do weigh 196!!! whooo hooo. So I know that I already had my weigh in this week, but I changed my ticker, just cause! lol

Ok, I am back in the game this week. I haven't been checking in like I was and so I am going to be checking in like I should again. Going to go and get my cat from the vets, she had her spaying and declaw yesterday.

Have a good day!
Old 02-28-2007, 02:04 PM   #25  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Welcome Cristina R!! And a big Woohoo for getting chosen to be part of the TALS program.

Mindee - it's really hard to find something healthy at a Bob Evans restaurant, imho, unless you stick with plain chicken and green beans. How're you feeling?

Marti - I'll post a photo of the cake, if I can remember to take one, ok? Are you talking about the recipe I told you about on the phone? If so, it was banana pudding. Use s/f, f/f banana (or vanilla) pudding and slice up a banana in it, top it with crushed Nilla wafers, or crushed graham crackers. MMMM!!!

Tina - just keep coming here, and you'll get to know us all, even though it may take awhile.

Cristi - coney sauce is a meat sauce to spread over a hot dog. In other parts of the US, people call it Coney Island sauce. It's really good! As I told Marti, I'll take a pic of the cake and post it, if I remember to, ok? What the heck were those crazy bidders thinking?? They should've thought about all that before they ever made the bid.

Jodi - I'm thinking it wouldn't hurt to get a 2nd opinion about the depression meds. I don't know much about them, but still. YAY for the loss!

Sassy - hope you aren't getting the flu.

Neal and I went out to a karaoke bar with my sister and bil last night. We had a blast. Neal sang, and even though I had a few beers, I still didn't sing since I can't carry a tune in a bucket. We danced several slow dances, though, and it had been awhile since we did that.

I still have to get some things done for the dinner at church. The "Body Mind and Soul" group is responsible for the dinner tonight, so that's why I'm in on it.

Love ya!
Old 02-28-2007, 03:20 PM   #26  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

Okay, so I am really not crazy, really! Really don't want to go by Cristi so changed my siggy again, lol.

MARTI...I think your pages are fine and I like the journaling. No forgiving necessary silly.

JANE...I thought that coney sauce was basically chili without the beans. Sounds yummy and I would love to see the cake! Glad you guys had a blast at karoke. I wouldn't get up and sing either even though I love singing...I know I can't carry a tune and wouldn't want to make a fool of myself, lol. But I love watching others sing.

JODI...I agree, I would get a second opinion on the meds. I don't know anything about them either. to the 196 WI! That's sweet your cousins wife wants your son to read a poem.

MINDEE...you are correct! I don't like using Cristi...see above, lol. So how are you feeling? Do you have morning sickenss or anything? Of course you are probably beyond that part, the first trimester being the worst. How do the boys feel about having a new baby brother or sister coming? Bet they are excited.

SASSY...wow, that vacation sure went by fast. Seems like you just got off a couple of days ago.

Hi to everyone else

Well...as the wrodl turns, lol. The people came back with a counter offer yesterday while me and V were headed to dinner. We countered and heard from them this morning and settled, too funny. Guess they really wanted the house after all. Funny thing is yesterday when our realtor gave me the bad news she didn't say anything but when she called with the counter, she said she even thought they were giving us a line of BS, lol. But was glad to know that it wasn't after all. So, it's not official until the paper is signed on what we agreed on but it's pretty much a done deal. I'm glad though that they changed the closing date to the 21st of March instead of the 13th. Gives us a little more time, but not much. Anyway...

Went and bought groceries today after I went to It Figures since it is supposed to rain tomorrow. And, DD and I are headed to the show. Also, got in my mile walk so feeling pretty good today!

Hope all is well with you and yours in your little corner of the world! Take care ladies and have a wonderful day!
Old 02-28-2007, 05:32 PM   #27  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies....Hope everyone is having a good day. It is chilly, windy and even rainy here. But in ten minutes it might be sunny and warm. Rain clouds don't stay around too long here.

Cristina- YAY....YAY...on the house deal. So can you actually get the other house and get moved in time? I hope so. You are doing so well with your exercise...do you still like WW? Men, don't know how they can lose so quickly...just another way to annoy us I think. LOL

Jane- Maybe Coney Sauce is a mid-west term. I swear we have some odd names for things...ha. When I went to CA the first time and said I wanted pop they asked if I meant "a soda." I have since learned to ask for Coke or Pepsi wherever I go.

Marti- I saw the YBB at Wal-Mart today. I think I am way too old for that. Keep up the good work.

Jodi- Glad you went to the Dr. What all did they test for? I have never had any dealings with depression meds but sounds like you know about them from your previous job. Just hope you get feeling better.

Mindee- Ditto what Marti said about Tommy getting leave. I don't blame you for wanting to be at home and not at Mom's after the birth. Maybe Mom could take the two smaller boys for a day or two and let you settle in with the new baby, with Tommy's help.

Sassy- Okay, if you are going back to work let's share that cabana boy. We can all use a break and an, ah, er, massage. Hope you are nice and relaxed.

CristinaR- Welcome, hope to get to know you better......jump right in here.

Tina- I still have to look back at all the newbie's names, so don't feel bad. Just keep posting and you will figure us out sooner or later. We welcome hearing from you.

Went to breakfast and to Wally World today. Now I am doing MORE laundry. Have the realtor coming Fri. to take pics. So I am washing rugs, throws, etc. We are listing through the summer. Don't know how that will pan out, but we will try. Going home the 13th...so have to get the ball rolling.

Hi to everyone else...and talk soon.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:04 PM   #28  

Sue they are testing my iron levels, B-12 levels, tsh (for the thyroid), and 2 different full blood panels. They took a LOT of blood.
I was on Wellbutrin back in like 02. Had a lot of things going on in my life. My husband has said I didn't act like myself for a couple of mths. I can never pinpoint what is "wrong". I just knew I wasn't in the black hole I had been back then, so depression never crossed my mind because I attributed it to being so tired. But... I have really thought about some of the things I have been feeling and thinking over the past couple of mths and I do have some of the thought patterns as in the past. I don't know. I am not jumping on the depression thing, not unless my bloodwork comes back clear. She said if my bloodwork comes back ok, then we would need to look the way of depression. We will see. She is thinking that because she really thinks its my thyroid, but the sleeplisness (is that a word- haha- I can't sleep is what I am saying) doesn't mesh with that. But then the depression doesn't have constipation.
It will just be what the bloodtests say.
Oh and my husband says he doesn't know if his heart can handle it if I go back on Wellbutrin- it's makes you well let's see.... very interested!!!! lol
Old 02-28-2007, 09:14 PM   #29  
GmaTo8

Cristina - a big yay for the house deal! Will you have to be out by closing, or are you going to ask for more days? How exciting that you'll be getting a different house. Is it in the same town where you are now?
We moved when Katie was in Florda, and it felt very weird to do that.

Sue - I know what you mean about the midwest lingo! But SIL Dale is from Mississippi, and they have their own words. His family calls any kind of pop a Coke. For example, they'll say, Do you want a Coke? And if you say yes, they'll ask, What kind? And he calls license plates a tag, and says pack when he means carry. When I "pack", I'm going on vacation, lol. I really like all the different area's lingo from all over the states. It's fascinating. Peope from Canada say "Eh" a lot, and I think that's cute.

Jodi - I was on some meds once that made me "very interested", too, lol. Look at it as a great way to burn calories, haha. Well, you'll know more about what's going on when you get your blood test results back.

Hello to anyone else reading this.

For those who want to see it, I posted a new thread with a picture of the checkerboard cake.

I have to say I'm glad tonight is over. My feet are killing me! Have a good night, ladies, and I'll chat at ya tomorrow.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:14 PM   #30  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Jane--glad that you got out to dance. I love my Wednesday night line dancing. Again, you cake looks yummy!!

Cristina--Congrats on the contract on the house. I'm sure I missed your post about where you are moving so could you update me?

Jodi--I'm so glad that you got to the doc and got your blood work done. I hope you get some answers soon. Yes, a chemical imbalance can certainly bring on depression. It really has very little to do with "feeling depressed" but more with the state of depression that the body is going through and will give you symptoms of physical depression even if you feel that there is no emotional cause for your depression. Am I making sense?? Anyway, it's a depression that can start as a mild low feeling that somehow causes a chemical imbalance in the brain that can throw you into full blown depression while all the while you are saying to yourself "I don't have any reason to be depressed" There are numerous drugs out there to correct this imbalance. Good luck with your follow up appt. Sorry if I got a little too nursey with ya!

Tina--I do understand about the accountability with weighing yourself more often. I did LA Weightloss a while back and they require you to weigh in 2-3 times a week. Not easy to cheat when you have to face that scale several times a week. A few gals that I work with (that are at their ideal weight) swear that jumping on the scale daily reminds them where they are with their weight and allows them to treat themselves if their weight is down or pass up the treats if the weight is climbing. Whatever works for you !

A big hello to Sue, Marti, Mindee, Sassy and anyone else I missed. Just got home from dancing and looking forward to having a day off tomorrow. I have been a very bad girl with picking at too many sweets. We've had nursing students at work and the last few days were their last clinical days in pediatrics so they treated the staff to baked goods, donuts, cake and such. I nibble on too much!! I have no plans for tomorrow but to get on the ellipitical and eat right. I also need to straighten up the house for the cleaning girl on Friday. My dh always teases me about all the cleaning I do before the cleaning girl comes. I'm like a mad women around the house, yelling at everyone to pick up their shoes, newspaper, throw out junk mail, hang up clothes etc. She comes every other Friday and I feel like I'm in heaven when I walk back in the door and see the entire house cleaned. Worth every $$$. Have a wonderful evening ladies and chat with ya'll tomorrow.
Closed Thread