Old 02-28-2007, 05:59 AM   #16  

Good morning ladies! I took the trash out this morning and it is cool, but not cold so it will be a nice walk this morning. Well, if it were leisurely it would be a nice walk, but briskly up a hill, then down, then back up on the way back isn't my idea of a nice walk but if it gets the lbs off I will do it until my pool opens up! Boy, that I sure can't wait for. I imagine the scum next door will cause trouble this year like the ones that lived there last year did. Oh and Jean, I never did say, but yes, they are renters. They are almost worse than the last ones. They come in at all hours making noise, they are rude, the kids throw candy and gum papers over the fence, they pull up with their car thump thumping with that disgusting stuff they like to call music, they block our garage sometimes and the list goes on. They were making all kinds of racket last night around 9 PM. Calling the cops does no good because it takes them hours to even show up here.

Susan: I hope Stan is feeling a bit better. I have to say that we have never had trouble with Jack's Navy retirement. It is always johnny on the spot in the bank. It will be there tonight in fact so I can pay the mortgage! I am sorry you are having so much trouble. Jack plans on working past ss sign up time so hopefully that won't effect us. I guess if you go to a certain age then there are no longer $$ restrictions on what you can make and he plans to do that and work one year past. He has 8 years until he can retire completely from the city. Don't know what I will do with him then! We are still talking about doing a little candle business that we sell at craft fairs and festivals and such, but we haven't decided. I found out the "booth" fees can be outrageous, sometimes close to $500 for a weekend.

Jean: Glad the knee is getting better. Hope you get around ok with all the bustling kids. Jack just bought a new phone as we broke the antenna off his and I glued it back once, but it came off again and disappeared. His is fancier than mile with voicemail and such, but I only use mine once in a while when we are both out or like I take it with me when I walk in the mornings. My time rolls over and I think I have like 600+ minutes on it! I guess I should call someone and talk a lot! I actually don't like cell phones. They sure do here though. It is ridiculous. You see people walk out of their home with it already on, get into the car and talk, talk, talk all the way to where they are going. I would say about every other person here seems to be on the phone in the car. It is irritating because they do stupid things talking and driving at the same time.

Maggie: Hope your computer/server glitch is fixed. We of course miss you all the time!

Jack's first appt with his cardiologist is today since having his heart surgery back in Sept. He has lost weight so we will see if Dr Anderson notices on his chart. He is down to two medications now, a cholesterol and one bp med and he actually doesn't need the bp med, but I imagine the dr will keep him on it. He still has those swelling once in awhile. They seem to now concentrate only on his tongue. He had one over the weekend, but it was gone the next day. I think once they tapered off and stopped the first of December, he has had two since then, one about 3 weeks ago then over last weekend. Weird, but there isn't much that can be done. He does keep the epi pen with him though just in case, but they have never gotten as serious as the first time it happened with his tongue.

Well, I am going to put away dishes then get upstairs and make the bed and shower after Jack gets up in about 5 minutes.

Have a good Wednesday everyone!

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:45 AM   #17  

Faye, you can earn as much as you like as soon as you reach your normal retirement age. Mine is 65 + 8 mos which I will reach in June. So I am not penalized if I don't earn more than $36,000 by the end of May (not much chance of that). After that I can make all I want. If I continue to work until 70, any extra I earn will be counted and the amount I receive from SS will increase when I reach the next level.

Maggie, hope the computer is back to normal soon! We miss you.

Jean, glad your knee is better. I know all the little darlings at school have missed you.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote