3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Beat The Bulge~ game 13!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/103300-beat-bulge%7E-game-13-a.html)

Wide in Winnipeg 01-29-2007 12:20 AM

Beat The Bulge~ game 13!!

Here we go again ladies!!!
I have to get my butt in gear this game, when I sit down my belly touchs my thighs! ROFLMAO!!!
Good luck!

ArtsyGirl 01-29-2007 08:16 AM

Morning gals-How come we're not stickied??

It finally snowed here! It was a very pretty walk this morning and even though the temp was only 5 and the wind chill below 0, it seemed warm.

Get this one, on Friday night we had a family game night. My sis's fam and mom and dad. Well, mom says she got an interesting phone call about me. I was like ok, what? Well a friend of the family was told-supposedly by my aunt-that I was pregnant. (it is a very well known fact that we do not want children) I don't know where this rumor came from and I'm kinda ticked at the aunt who supposedly started this. It just boggles my mind. The rumor spread so quickly that my sis got an email from a friend in N. Carolina that evening congratulating me! Crazy.

Anyways, health wise-my blood test came back weird. I meet with the dr. on Wed. to discuss what it means and still haven't gotten the EKG results. Only a few days left. My nerves are shot. The headache still hasn't gone away either and the meds they gave me are not helping.

OK, I'm off. I hope you all have a great day and a wonderful game 13!!!!

Oh, I'm down 2.5 pounds this week! Yippee!!!!!!!!!!

canadian mom 01-29-2007 09:06 AM

Brandy~ i hope everything turns out alright and they find out what is wrong.

Well I got good news today I thought when I was doing sits etc. it was for 15/20 mins turns out to be 30 mins:cheer: :cheer: i also got 1 hour of cardio in. i am not losing and it is ticking me off so I really need to come up with some other exercises, we just can't afford anything else right now. I guess I will have to try to squeeze another tape into our budjet, just not sure which one.
I hope evryones weekend went well

Rosario 01-29-2007 11:47 AM

wendy - i know that feeling and yah, it's pretty gross...lol

brandy - families and gossips/rumors go together like spaghetti and meatballs. lol, I love it!!! I hope everything goes well for you at the drs. Great job on ur loss!!

canadianmom - do u have moviestop up there??? you can trade movies in for store credit and get urself some new workouts.they have a pretty decent workout section.

I had a bad weekend...foodwise. the funny thing is I was down on my scale. But my scale is off about 3-4 pounds from the ww one. But if I'm down on mine, then I should be down on theirs, right? I'll have to see on Wed. So I am back on track today, but this week is goig to be a very hectic week. we're moving on saturday and the house is a mess and I have to get organized and all that good stuff. I hope I'll be able to stay on track!

have a great day everyone!

sotypical 01-29-2007 01:28 PM

I had chinease for dinner on Friday and the scale is still up a good 3 pounds! argh I did so well for game 12 points wise but really didnt lose that much :( I think I need to look at how much I am eating... I try and stay around 1500... that really doesnt seem like a lot :/

Wide in Winnipeg 01-29-2007 01:37 PM

HI!!
Just popping in quick, going for lunch next door, they always have better food there, even if it's not betting for me;)
I'm going to concentrate on my abs for the next week, man it's gross, I wonder why i never noticed that before! LOL!
Check in later ladies!!!

sotypical 01-29-2007 02:44 PM

I'm going for a hair cut in a few... god I hate the hair dressers. I always feel so fat!

I was growing my bangs out - but I have felt so ugly lately; I think I might chop them again.

Rosario 01-29-2007 02:54 PM

man, you guys killed me in points for Game 12!!!!!

Wide in Winnipeg 01-29-2007 03:11 PM

UGH!! I'm lazy! Somebody give me a swift kick in the arse!!!!

canadian mom 01-29-2007 03:13 PM

I would but I don't think my foot will reach across country.lol

Wide in Winnipeg 01-29-2007 03:14 PM

I guess you all noticed that I added on the points from the last game on the BTB points thread. I think it will be a good motivator to out do our points from the last game,ya? I think it will help me anyway!

Wide in Winnipeg 01-29-2007 03:15 PM

HAHA! You are close enough CMOM!!!

Wide in Winnipeg 01-29-2007 04:42 PM

Courtnie, I know how you feel about feeling ugly. When I went out the other night we had some pictures taken and I swear I look so big yet! Oh, and the wrinkles are just cropping up left, right and center! Gak!I felt like I should go into hiding! LMAO!
You are a gorgeous girl though so no worries! I always feel better when I treat myself to a haircut too!To bad I'm growing it out to please my mother.:rolleyes: After the summer I'm going to chop it all off, right now I'm an inch short of being able to throw it up in a ponytail, it'll be great for the summer at the lake!

Wide in Winnipeg 01-29-2007 04:46 PM

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j53/WJMc/DSC05809.jpg

Heres the picture that made me feel fat. Excuse the silly expression on my face, I was telling my friend off! LOL!

Oh ya, and my face was all swollen up from using a different face wash, notice how I had no cheek bones??HAHA!

ArtsyGirl 01-29-2007 04:46 PM

:kickbutt: There ya be Wendy!!! I did notice you carried your points over and thought it was a great idea.

Courtnie-I love getting my hair done. I could sit and get shampooed for hours. I love the little mini massage thing they do. I've been going to the same hairdresser for about 6 years now. She has become a good friend and we always seem to laugh a lot. Wish I was able to go today. Next Friday will come soon enough I guess.

I'm between students at the moment so thought I'd see what's happening. I did the craziest thing today. My neighbor/walking buddy and I were goofing off this morning and build-a-bear came up. Well, we went this morning and both created our own build a bear and dressed them up. Mine is a fairy princess (Princess Violet) and hers is a ballerina (Gwendolyn). It was hysterical to see a 30 something and a 40 something having so much fun picking out and dressing the darn things. I thought the people in there probably thought we were insane. Anyways, it made me smile and that was worth it.

Hope ya all have a great night.

Wide in Winnipeg 01-29-2007 04:50 PM

Brandy~ I did that for a friend of mine for a birthday gift, I had alot of fun dressing it up and all!! My firend is a wanna be cowboy so I got it all dressid up in cowboy duds right down to the sh!t kickers! It was awesome!

hsmomx2 01-29-2007 05:14 PM

c'mom- I hope you find a video that you like and works for your budget.

Ro- With your move are you still going to be in Atlanta? You'll get some awesome excersice points in.

Wendy- I know to well about the belly thing. I like the idea of putting the last games pts on it. I'm also going to try for 100 pts or 100 %. It sure made me work harder last week.

Courtnie - How's your new haircut?

Brandy-Congrats on your loss. I hope the family gossip is able to be straighten out. Sadly, I think all families have rumors and gossip. Hopefully the doctor will be able to make your headaches a thing in the past soon. When is your next appointment?

I also seem to do my worst on the weekends for myself. I do feel that I worked a lot harder this past week after I thought about how much I need to give 100% if I wanted my weight goal to be a reality. I didn't loss a single pound. I checked twice and even checked my measurements. Oh, well this is another week. Dd's tournament went good the competition was real tough. She got sixth in highest kick, didn't place in blocker sparring, but got 2nd in sparring. They made them split up and start over a few times. One time was because dd refused to tap out. She was in a choke hold from the other girl and her face was literary purple for a bit. Several people asked her why she didn't tap out. Her reply " I'm not going to just give her 10 points." lol No, she'll pass out first. lol

sotypical 01-29-2007 11:05 PM

Wendy you looks great :) very cute!

My hair looks great - i just hate how i look sitting in their chair.

I did great today... till karden made me get dairy queen! who would of thought... 600 cals in a small blizzard? all well... tomororw is a new day :(

Wide in Winnipeg 01-29-2007 11:35 PM

Did you keep the blonde in your hair Courtnie?
One reason I don't like the hairdresser is because either I wear makeup and half gets washed off of my face or I wear none and i look like crap even after I get my hair done!! No happy medium.
Glad you love your hair!
I'm going to bed soon, I have an upset stomach from what I have no idea.
Catch ya tomorrow gals!!!

ArtsyGirl 01-30-2007 07:13 AM

Hey ya'all, hope everyones off to a great start this morning. My 4 mile walk was in the snow (pretty) on snow covered roads (hard-I was really sweating!). Now I'm home enjoying my coffee.:coffee2:

I dont have lots to do this morning. I need to go to town and get my allergy shot so I'm sure I'll stop somewhere else while there. I need to get more lunchmeat so I'll do that too. I gotta teach this afternoon/evening and then have bible class. Should be a nice day.

Wendy-I can just picture the a little cowgirl. Must've been cute. Your pic looks good. Pony tails are a must for me in the summer. That is the one rule I give my hairdresser, as long as I can pony tail it then, she can do whatever she wants.

Courtnie-MMmmmmmm...Dairy Queen. I love their Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard. Yum! Glad your hair turned out nice.

hsmom-hang in there with the weight. We've all had weeks where we've done everything we could correctly and didn't see any progress on the scale. Hopefully this week will give you more satisfying results.

cmom-check out self.com, shape.com and womens health and fitness magazines site-they all offer workouts (not neccesarilly videos, but good solid routines.) Great job on the exercise.

Ro-I hope your move goes smoothly. I wouldnt worry to much about being off plan during all that. You'll have enough stress in life without the extra burdens of weight loss guilt.

sotypical 01-30-2007 01:18 PM

My hair isn't blonde, its dark brown, it just looks blonde the way the sun hit it in that picture. It was actually died a dark red brown then... I might go back to that. I always use temporay dye

la3y_un1c0rn_37 01-30-2007 07:00 PM

Dang!!!

I almost forgot where I was needed to be..lol..I had a total bum day today but I did really good on my supper...whole grain rice green beans sweetpotatoes and 1/2 pork chop...mmm I was so full I could not eat another thing. I am going to try to get a work out in before Idol come on.

talk to yall later

ArtsyGirl 01-31-2007 05:38 AM

La3y-Good job on truning a bad day around and ending it healthy. You're dinner sounds yummy.

Courtnie-I've been different shades of red for about 6 years after being blond for 2. Before that I mixed it up alot. I truly cant remember exactly what my real haircolor is unless I find an old pic. Its so much fun to be a little creative.

So where is everybody????

My dr.s appt is later this morning. I hope she can calm some worries and knows a way to prevent the occurance from happening again. The opthalmologist follow up is Monday. Things are finally gonna come together and hopefully I'll get good news.

I'm dressed and ready for my walk so I'm outta here. Hope you all are a bit more active on the board today. See ya.

canadian mom 01-31-2007 09:36 AM

Brandy~ good luck at your appointment. Is that you in your avatar if so I cannot picture anyhing but a redhead. Forgot to say thank u for the links I am checking them out now.

la3y~ good for you on having a good supper after a messed up day. If was me I would be less likly to do it.

I messed up last night I had abot 3 cups of cheerios for a snack and I loaded the sugar to it. ihave been craving cereal so bad the past week and for the most part keeping it under control until last night. Toaday is a new day and it started off good I had my usuall oatmeal with brown sugar and did 90 mins of exercise.

Wide in Winnipeg 01-31-2007 12:50 PM

Hello!!!
Laundry day so I have to stay away from the computer...whaaa. I'll check in when I'm done!

Rosario 01-31-2007 01:04 PM

Well, I'm having a good day. I finally got my 5 pounds lost sticker from WW. Woohoo!!!! The funny thing is I have not really been on track. I'm good maybe 2-3 days out of the 7 each week. But I have still managed to keep going down. It makes me think how much I am capable of losing each week if I am 100% on plan. I think I'm gonna try and find out this week!

canadian mom - don't worry about that slip-up. hope your good today!

brandy - i love build a bear. Whoever invented that is a genius. I think Ima go make a bear for V-day. Good luck at your dr's appt today.

la3y - last nite I worked out while watching Idol. man, did that make the time go by!!!

hsmomx2 - nope, I'll be staying in the vicinity, just moving a couple miles over. heck yea, I'll be getting in exercise...we live on the 3rd floor now and we're moving into another 3rd floor apartment. I'm scared just thinking about it.

wendy - aww u look so cute in that pic!!!!

I'm off to eat lunch. chat with ya later!!!!

hsmomx2 02-01-2007 12:26 PM

Ro- Good Luck with your move. I know that 5 pound sticker makes you happy. After all that moving you'll probably be ready for your next one.

Wendy- Nice picture!

Brandy- What did the doctor say?

cmom- Hope you got back on track today.

Anne-Where did you go?

Courntie- Cute picture of you and Keiko.

la3y- I'm in wow at your will power. You ended the day in total control.

This past week has just been bad and it started going bad last Thursday. There's just been to much stress and my to do list for the next two months seem overwhelming.

Wide in Winnipeg 02-01-2007 02:50 PM

Hi Gals! Just taking some itme for lunch which consists of a yogurt cup with 1/2 a banana and 1/2 a necturine, and it's SO good!
Just checking in quick right now but I'll be back this evening to catch up!
have a great day!

ArtsyGirl 02-01-2007 04:09 PM

Hey gals, my dr. appt. did not go well. I learned nothing, they lost a test result, and now I have to see a neurologist. So next week I have a follow up with more testing at the opthalmologist on Monday, I'm meeting with my normal optometrist on Tuesday because I trust him and want his opinion and also a recommendation on who to see for a 2nd opinion, and on Friday I have the appt with the neurologist who I'm sure will order even more tests. The dr. didn't seem to care that I've had a horrendous headache for over a month and a half and actually told me to only take the med. for it 3 x's a week instead of every day-How, may I ask does one function with a terrible headache??? I dont so I'm going to a chiropractor tomorrow afternoon to try for some relief.

Sorry this is a rant post but I've had it and truly cant take much more.

BarrieMomof2 02-01-2007 05:21 PM

Hi everyone!

Hi all,

Sorry I have been MIA for a couple days. Hubby was home and I don't get on the computer much when he is home!

Brandy - I am so sorry you didnt get the news you wanted. I will pray everything is alright.

Everyone else- I will try to catch up with all the posts soon. Hope you all are doing well.

Anne

canadian mom 02-01-2007 06:39 PM

Brandy~ don't you just love doctors. I had one that would never believe a thing you say. If I went in with a bladder infection he would go on on about what it could be and I already knew cause i had a lot of them whem i was younger. that was just ! instsnce with him.Needless to say I got a new doc.

Ro~ congrats on 5 pounds lost. Glad to see you have found somthing that workd for you I know you have been trying hard for this.

I am on track today. iwent to get groceries and bought a bunch of fruit and some almonds so I have been nibbling on these most of the day.

JasonsLea 02-01-2007 11:38 PM

Hi gals! I'm back on the boards. The move is over (for now) and I'm back in focus. I'm not doing the game but I love chatting with you guys so I hope you don't mind me just posting with ya.

Wide in Winnipeg 02-02-2007 01:15 AM

Hi Shari! Welcome back!!How's everything going?
Well, I made it back, just in timeto say goodnight! LOL! Busy day and tomorrow looks the same!
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...46_myspace.gif

ArtsyGirl 02-02-2007 08:13 AM

I'm here ladies, and I'm really trying to hang in there. I did get my walk in this morning so that is a start in the right direction.

Shari-glad to see you back. I hope your move went smoothly and you're loving your new place.

Ro-:congrat: Great job on the 5 pounds! I'm sure with moving you'll be getting plenty of exercise. I'll bet you'll be sore afterwards.

cmom-I have never been more frustrated with dr.s than I am right now. I wish I could transfer the pain to them and see how quickly they'd find help. Fruit and nuts are my favorite. Bananas and cashews to be exact. Yes, thats me in the avatar. Everyone compliments my color and says that it looks natural, but I also got that as a blond. The only time I haven t gotten that is with my real color. Go figure.

hesmom-I sure hope your week gets better for the weekend.

Anne-glad you're not MIA anymore.

Wide in Winnipeg 02-02-2007 01:15 PM

Brandy~ It is a pain isnt it?? I've been waiting for some results since last April!!! I hope they give you some answers soon!
Ro~ You are doing great!!
Cmom~ necterines and brazil nuts!! LOL!But I don't eat nuts often.
I'm exhausted, I really am, and no one can explain it to me why I'm like this!Well, better go and find something for lunch, maybe some soup, it's cold out there today!
have a good one ladies!!

sotypical 02-02-2007 04:25 PM

horrible horrible horrible is how ive been eating!

today was supposed to be a good day... till we went for vietmease! nothing healthy there, even thought I thought my vermicelli and pork couldnt be that bad... I was wrong :(

but the barenaked ladies concert last night ROCKED! and my trip to victoria! got a 20$ leather jacket! weeeee

Rosario 02-02-2007 05:18 PM

brandy - that sucks!!! I hope they tell you something soon!!

courtnie - i've never had vietnamese...tried one of their long sandwhiches b4 (can't remember what they're called). my downfall is japanese and thai (:drool: pad thai w/ chicken....yum) yay for new clothes!!!

wendy - I was like that once, turns out I was pg. you sure that's not what you are?????? :o lol

shari - welcome back shari.....don't go off hiding now!!! :club:

canadianmom - yay for being on track!!!!! :carrot:

well, the weekend I was dreading is finally here. its not even the moving that Im scared of because I know it will be great exercise, but there's this huge tv that we have and I am so worried about how the heck we're gonna get it down 2 flights of stairs and up again. It's a WEGA and weighs about 250 pounds!!!!! Its exhausting just thinkin about it. I hope it doesn't fall and squash someone!

tonite we're going out for Japanese and I have already planned out what I'm going to eat so I should be good with points. tomorrow is another thing as it will be hectic and fast food city. I'll try to stick with sandwhiches and salads.

hope you all have a great weekend!!!!

Wide in Winnipeg 02-02-2007 07:10 PM

Ro~Imaculate conception?? LOL!!
I'm off to wallyworld to buy a vaccum, have a good night!

JasonsLea 02-02-2007 09:39 PM

Wendy ~ I'm doing fine. I'm with you on the tired thing. Maybe we need to check out iron or something?

Brandy ~ We moved into my mama's temp house and finally got the gas on. I think (emphazies on think) that I will be getting my apartment in the next two weeks or so. My mama told me she was paying for the first two months but she had to pay their first month's rent first. They are doing that this weekend so *shrugs*

Courtnie ~ I've never had Vietnamse. I really need to broaden my horizons. Ahhh gosh, I want a leather jacket. But that will have to wait.

Ro ~ HEYA GAL! Congrats on the 5 lb loss. SO HAPPY that WW is working for you! :carrot: I'll say a prayer for you moving. Moving is a *****!

ArtsyGirl 02-03-2007 05:57 AM

Gosh a Barenaked Ladies concert sounds fun. I cant remember the last concert I went to that wasn't country. I love country, but their concerts are a bit more low key. I think my last one was in grad school-a Plant and Page concert. Except for being rearended on the way out, what fun. I guess I really am getting old now that I look at how things have changed. Ughhh!!

Ro-Good luck on your move. My hubby and I swore up and down we were moving within 4 years of buying this house. Its now been 10 1/2 yrs, and neither of us wants to deal with a move so we're staying put for a bit longer. That seems to be fine with us. Our house is a decent size for just us 2 and we have about a half acre, but we're right in our small town and that is just rumor central and it can get bothersome. If I didn't have neighbors close on both sides I'd be very content.

Courtnie-see above, but also you dinner sounds yum!

Wendy-Well, at least you dont have the stress of wondering if your preggers. I hope you feel better. Gosh, I dont think I could take waiting since April. I guess that is one good thing about american healthare.

OK, gotta move to meet my walking buddie. Have a great morning.