3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Beat The Bulge~ game 13!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/103300-beat-bulge%7E-game-13-a.html)

sotypical 02-10-2007 12:24 PM

I hope my weigh in this something isnt right, eeeeeps

Wide in Winnipeg 02-10-2007 01:30 PM

Brandy~ wierd how we are both being tested for the same thing, personally I'm hoping it's a clot that they can embolize and call it a day, thats scary enough! No headache anymore? I'm suffering with a doozy today.
Courtnie, scale go up?
Just sitting around and relaxing a little today, yes sounds boring but I'm thinking I'd like to go back to bed, to bad I don't have anyone to care for Ryan.Looks like I'll be trying to be good company for him instead.
Have a good day ladies

BarrieMomof2 02-10-2007 03:27 PM

Happy Saturday Ladies!

I hope all are doing well. I had weigh in this morning and I was down a pound! :carrot:
Considering last week I stayed within my points but didnt always make the best choices...and besides snow shovelling, exercise was almost non existent...I am more than pleased! I know that when I get back on track with the exercise and better food choices that I do better. But even still..thats a pound that I had on me last week that is gone FOREVER!!!

Well MORE snow today. Its getting depressing! Good thing is that its light and fluffy, so its not hard to shovel!

Have a good one!

Anne

sotypical 02-10-2007 11:09 PM

when i first posted scale was 167!!!! but then it was 165, but thats still up :( i dunno if its right, argh, its been weeks since it moved

Wide in Winnipeg 02-11-2007 12:19 AM

I know what you mean Courtnie, my scale is playing tricks on me, one day I'm down and the next day I'm way up again. I know it's not the scale but what I'm doing to myself, I've binged today big time, and I feel like scraping my tounge and gargling with Javex LMAO!
Tomorrow's a new day.Lets make the best of it.

BarrieMomof2 02-12-2007 06:57 AM

Ok, is it me or is it really quiet in here?

Things went alright yesterday. We took my dad out for dinner...was supposed to be a suprise, but come dinner time he was wondering what mom was going to make for dinner and so she had to tell him. But he enjoyed himself playing with the kids and getting Christopher (8 months) giggling...probably was loud in the restaurant, but thats ok, it was all in fun!

I really did NOT eat very well this weekend at all!! I really have to do some serious workouts this week if I want to see any result next weekend on the scale!! So today I am wearing my pedometer and going to see how that goes and I will be hitting the exercise bike....hoping to get in 45 minutes on the bike!

Hubby was talking about getting me a YMCA membership for a month and seeing how that goes. Not only would it be great for me to get out and get in a good workout. But my 2 year old has been extremely attached to me lately, so much so that he will only want mommy when anyone else is around. I went to weigh in on Saturday and hubby said he cried most of the time...I was only gone 1 hour. He really needs to get used to me being out of the house and to have this membership will give me more of a chance to get out of the house and away from the kids.
But we will have to wait and see. Right now money is really tight, and the debt is getting bigger (hubby was laid off almost 5 months last year...so we are still trying to catch up, so not sure its in the budget).
But who knows. If I can't do it, maybe I will just start taking walks at night and get out of the house. That will help...and it doesnt cost anything!

Well thats all for me this morning. Kids are awake and its time to get them fed.....so have a good Monday morning everyone!!

ArtsyGirl 02-12-2007 07:38 AM

Hi ya gals! I got in a nice run this morning.:woops: Unfortunatly my walking buddy was sick so I stuck to the treadmill, but it wasnt so bad. I just turned the news on and listened to my ipod. I hit an all new last week. I didn't exercise 1 single day.:yikes: It was to cold for outdoor walks early in the week and then I had early commitments and couldnt do it. Its been a LONG time since I went that long w/o a workout. Oh well, hope I jump right back on track this week. Its starting off better.

So whats up for today?? I've got a meeting with my pastor to choose hymns for the busy lenten season which is quickly approaching. This afternoon is my long day of teaching also. I should have a nice long break between the 2 things though so wont be to bad.

Wendy-They are pretty sure that if mine was a blood clot, it dissolved itself. My concern is the blood being out of whack in a way that makes me more succeptible to forming more clots. Wouldn't it be nice if they could fix us both up in March. I'll be praying that for both of us.

Anne-Good luck getting your exercise in this week. Does your Y offer daycare for while you workout? My gym does so when I babysit my neice/nephew I can still go get my workouts in. I've been a member so long at my gym that I've taken advantage of renewal specials so I only pay line $7.50 a month for full gym privelidges AND childcare. I cant afford to let my membership expire cuz I'm locked into that low rate if I keep it up. I hope you can work something out to allow for a consistent workout/alone time. Great job on another week of loss!!

Courtnie-I'm afraid to get on the scale for my weigh in following my wedding reception drinking.:fr: Its crazy how much one night can effect the darn scale.

I've got a personal question for everyone. Due to the blood clot questions, I need to switch my birth control. (I've been on the shot for over 10 yrs.) Our first choice is either a vasectomy or tubes tied, but we're only a bit over 30 and have no kids and we're afraid we will have trouble finding someone to do that procedure. What forms do you guys use? Do you like it. I need to stay away from ANY of the hormonal things (pill, ring, shot, etc.) and I just want ideas on what might work until we can find someone to perform a more permanent solution. Thanks.

Have a great day.
Ro & cmom-Hope you had a good weekend.

Wide in Winnipeg 02-12-2007 12:13 PM

Brandy~ I'm still on the pill so I can't help. I wonder why I'm on the pill though, just to keep my skin clear I guess! LMAO!

Weighed in today at 136.6 lbs so not much of a gain after a weekend of bingeing but I'd sure like to see that scale go down again. Maybe this week, if I behave and get the exercise in and control the intake I'll actually lose .5 or something!
Have a great day gals!

sotypical 02-12-2007 12:42 PM

so I was doing some thinking about game 14...

I think we need to take it up a notch...

2 points for a good meal, 1 point for a good snack

BUT

-2 points for a bad meal and -1 point for a bad snack

I know this would really help me, for next game I am doing this but thought maybe some of you might want to add this into the rules?

Wide in Winnipeg 02-12-2007 02:25 PM

How do you all feel about taking away some points?

I think if we are going to do it for the food we might as well do it for the water and exercise also.
Majority rules ladies! Give us your input!

canadian mom 02-12-2007 05:24 PM

Good idea Courtney then we will have more accountability. I'm in althought March 5 I will be having cake for my sons bday I will gladly take a demerit for that. lol

Wide in Winnipeg 02-13-2007 02:36 AM

I'm thinking my abs are going to be sore tomorrow(today) I finally got a real workout in!! I feel good but not really good, not enough to get all the muscles working and twitching! Tomorrow(today) I'll be pushing play on theSI6 DVDand going through phase 1, wish me luck I'll need it! LOL! AND tomorrow night(tonight) I'm going dancing for the first time since the beginning of October so I'm garenteed an hour at least of exercise there!
I'll catch ya later when I get up and RJ taken care of.
Till then,
Move your butt!!!

ArtsyGirl 02-13-2007 09:12 AM

Hello all. Hope you're off to a good day. I did a turboam workout this morning as my walking buddy is ill. At least I got something in. We're having a good old snow storm today. I'll finally have enough snow to go play in!!

I'm ok with taking points away. It will be good for all of us to have a bit of a change in the game.

Wendy-Good luck with phase 1. I know you can do it. Have fun dancing tonight. What a fun way to get your exercise in.

cmom-I'm sure I'll goof more than just 1 day! Some things you just have to participate in.

Courtnie-great idea. I hope this gets things moving for all of us.

sotypical 02-13-2007 10:24 AM

Taking points away from exercise and water are harder though... unless we set a plan and drink or exercise... and then if we dont stay on plan.... I thought about this too, but didnt know how I would work that in, since I take break days and its not really fair for taking away points when my body needs a break...

unless at the beginning of the game we go "I am going to drink at least 2 liters of water a day and exercise 5 days a week" and then if we dont make that then we take away points?

canadian mom 02-13-2007 12:50 PM

That sounds fair because we are all on different plans. I try to exercises at least 6 days a week. With the water maybe the chance of it taking from the good eating we are doing will be the push to GET IT IN.

sotypical 02-13-2007 05:28 PM

i also think water should be 1 point for 1 liter
esp if we are going to stay taking points away

BarrieMomof2 02-13-2007 09:14 PM

Well I went and did it. I joined a fitness club. I never thought I would do it, but I need to be able to go and get out of the house. Dylan is getting way too clingy and all he does is cry for me when I try to go anywhere.
But tonight he did pretty well with hubby. I was out for almost 2 hours and he only fussed a bit but hubby distracted it and it went better than expected!

So hopefully tomorrow night I can get out to the gym and see how it goes!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Anne

sotypical 02-14-2007 12:56 AM

Rosario 02-14-2007 08:44 AM

sorry I haven't been posting. I've been really bad lately. I know for sure I will be up at today's weigh in. Ugh!! But thank god for 2nd chances (and 3rd ones, and 4th ones, etc......) Today's a new week and I have to be really good. I have been on ww for 6 weeks now and I have only lost 6 pounds. I know I can do way better than that If I only put my mind to it and stick to it. I know I can stick with it, I just need to try harder!!

anne - wtg on joining the gym! I joined the gym but rarely went...what a waste. I hope you use it to your advantage.

brandy - Snowball fight!!!! I wish it would snow down here!!!

I am with you guys and taking points away too. That's a good idea making goals for the week and then taking points away if we don't accomplish them.

wendy - did u do the slim in 6?? hope you let your body recuperate.

Have a great Valentine's Day everyone!!! Be good!!!!
:val1:

canadian mom 02-14-2007 09:08 AM

Ro~ we all know you can do it just jump back on the wagon. You have done well so far any loss is better than none or a gain. I haven't been loosing any so you are 6 up on me.:p The only spot i am loosing now is my thights (which relly is a good thing)

Well i hurt my shoulder the other day exercising. I am one who doesn't take it slow when i start somethiong I do A little too much. Yesterday I took it a little easier on it and today I did more but shoudn't off so now it hurts more.:nono:
They are calling for a winter storm here tonoght. Snow rain and all that , they are calling for 20 cm but who knows how much will acutually fall.

:val3: Happy Valentines :val1:

Courtney my MIL has a boston terrier(odie) and a chiwawa(sp?) (cocoa)She had a bt years ago that got hit by a car so poor old yankiedoodles eyes were really bulging out of his head.

ArtsyGirl 02-15-2007 07:56 AM

Hi all. Valentines day was an eating binge for me. Darn Coldsotone Creamery! Oh well, its done and in the past and today I will do better. We got enough snow that our family is planning a sledding trip on Saturday. It will be so much fun. I've been wanting a pair of snowshoes and just might go get a cheap pair today so I can hike around the sledding park (and the fields here at home).

Courtnie-Keiko is to cute. Love the pic.

cmom-let that shoulder heal up. I'm also not good on backing away from my exercise, but sometimes it really needs to be done.

Anne-congrats on the gym membership. I hope you love it.

Ro-6 pounds is better than nothing. You are at least making progress. Yes, you are capable of doing better, but dont discredit the work you are doing! Whats your plan for the weekend? Mines gonna be rough due to a bday party so I'm going to try to formulate a plan for what I'll deem "acceptable" that includes a bit of cake and ice cream and try to stick to what I plan. Hopefully that way I'll feel like I'm in control.

Hope you all have a good one.

Wide in Winnipeg 02-15-2007 02:03 PM

HI everyone, I'm going to be MIA for a couple days, I have a migrane and it's killin' me. I've already lost 3 pounds because i havent been able to eat for almost 2 days, when I can eat again the pounds will come back.
Keep well ladies

Rosario 02-15-2007 02:04 PM

Well, I stayed the same at my wi...phew! I was so bad last week I was sure there was going to be a gain.

Yesterday was a bad day for eating. Had too much junk. But I did get a workout in, so I'm happy about that. I have been really good today so far, and I plan on continuing the workouts. Yay for second chances!!! :carrot:

Tomorrow the bf and I are celebrating V-Day. we Have the day off and we're just going to sleep in and go shopping and get all purty and go out. I don't know where yet since my bf says it's a surprise. I'm kind of nervous because I want to plan and use my points accordingly, but how can I do that if I don't know where we're going??? :shrug:

brandy - i've never been to coldstone but just hearing the name sounds good.....creamery....:drool: lol. sleddign sounds like lots of fun. that should be a workout. Isn't walking in snow like walking in sand???

cmom - you lucky duck!! i would love to lose some fat off the ol' thighs. I hope u rested today and let your shoulder recuperate.

Have a great weekend gals!!! Be safe and happy!!!

sotypical 02-15-2007 02:14 PM

last night was awesome, we had an amazing dinner (not in rang, haha) - but it was great.

Keiko gave us a good scare this morning, she is spending the day at the vets but should be ok.

canadian mom 02-15-2007 02:42 PM

I did my weights today and my shoulder didn't hurt, I also did my interval trainning. Tomorrow I do my video so we will see how that goes. I just take it a little easier on that arm.

Ro~ well at least you didn't gain, r u gonna step things up this week and stick to plan so u can see the scale more next time. One of us here better be loosing and it is not me.....lol

Wide in Winnipeg 02-15-2007 03:58 PM

What happened to Kieko?
Ro` Glad you stayed the same for WI!! Good Job!
Ok, I feel like poop, back to bed for me.

sotypical 02-15-2007 04:20 PM

What happened to Keiko? she is trouble! lol

have this dish of rocks you put sented oil on, and I heard her in it and went running to see her chewing something, but the time I got to her she had swallowed it and smell of Lemongrass+Basil I thought she ate a rock. After some procastanating and thinking it wasnt a big deal we ended up at the vets (after calling and them telling me to bring her in right away).

They x-rayed and there was NO rock! phew - dunno what she ate! But they are keeping her for the day cuz she must of had a taste of some oil, but she is going to be just fine!

canadian mom 02-15-2007 05:36 PM

Glad to hear Kei ko will be fine ( my MIL was considering Keiko for her 2nd dog but decided to keep her mane ~cocoa)

ArtsyGirl 02-15-2007 06:09 PM

Courtnie-So glad Keiko is ok. My beagle will eat ANYTHING and we've been to the vet a few times for different items. Its always very scary and a huge relief after its over.

Wide in Winnipeg 02-15-2007 07:19 PM

Oh good, I'm glad she's OK!
Back to bed again...

ArtsyGirl 02-16-2007 08:59 AM

Hi ya gals and Happy Friday

Hows everyone this fine morning? I'm doing very well. I had a very good day yesterday. I went in search of snowshoes-I've always wanted to snowshoe-and I found a nice pair at Play It Again Sports!!!! What luck. Anyways, I played with them a little bit yesterday and it seems pretty fun. I think I might take them to the state park trail today.

My eating was back on yesterday so I'm happy about that. I've been feeling a bit lazy/bored with my exercise lately so I'm hoping doing something new will help keep me happy.

:coffee: Hey that little guy looks like me at the moment.

cmom-glad your arm seems better. I hope your video goes smoothly and you dont reinjure yourself.

Wendy-Hope your headache goes away soon.:hug:

Ro-glad your weigh in didn't show an increase. Good luck staying on plan as you celebrate your V-day today. Its pretty neat that he's got a whole secret thing planned for you-very romantic.:cheers: :love: My hubby's great, but we sure get into a rut as far as romance goes.

Anne-Where are you?

Courtnie-Did Keiko get to come home last night?

v

canadian mom 02-16-2007 10:58 AM

well I didn't do my video today I have a head cold and my head feels like it weights a ton but I went grocery shopping and that takes 1 hour so I put in 30 mins of exercise.

sotypical 02-16-2007 11:31 AM

Keiko did come home last night. It was an expensive trip but she doing just fine!

ArtsyGirl 02-16-2007 03:18 PM

OK, snowshoeing is kinda hard. Not to mention, the wind chill never got real high and the park is right on the lake. I was freezing!!! It was fun though.

cmom-feel better soon.

canadian mom 02-17-2007 09:33 AM

Well I weighed myself this morning and I am down 2 pounds. I have been weighing myself in a sweatshirt and sleep pants lately wich is probably where my 2 pounds came from so from now on I am no gonna be wearing the heavy stuff while weighing.

My head is still stuffy and I feel REALLY disconected so I did not exercise again today. I can't wait until I feel better I miss working out. A couple years ago I would never believe I would be saying that.

BarrieMomof2 02-18-2007 07:36 AM

Yesterday was weigh in day. I lost another 0.6...whats up with that!!! I know its slow and thats a good thing but this slow progress is driving me nuts. I have been staying off the computer this week and trying to get back into the exercise routine.
I went and got a fitness/swim pass at our local recreation centre. I have gone once and all i can say is the elliptical is harder than it looks. Maybe its easy for some, but man my legs are still hurting and I was only able to be on it like 3 minutes. I think I will stick to the treadmill for now.
Next week I plan on trying aquafit. That should be fun. I've heard its a good workout and I want to try something new.

Well off today to watch the Daytona 500...we are big racing fans so this is a very exciting day!!! Hope you all have a good weekend!

Anne

BarrieMomof2 02-19-2007 09:44 AM

Oh my gosh, where is everyone??!!!

canadian mom 02-19-2007 10:24 AM

in the next game can we count soups as fluids (water intake) Because the recomandation is fluids not just water.

Well I have exersised the past 2 days even thought I am sick obviously I have modified it but I just can't go without it. I have been eating even thought I am not hungry so hopefully when i get better I do not go overboard because my body will not be starving.

sotypical 02-19-2007 11:00 AM

soup can be counted as a fuild intake, but I dont see it being 'water' - they say water is anything that is 0 calories - however; I don't count any diet drinks or anything because I dont think they are good for you (I still drink them though! haha). When you do weight watchers, they say the typical 8 glasses of water a day, and you can subsitute one (or is it 2?) with a diet drink.

Soup, IMO is a snack!

For me, I have my 4 liters of water a day (weekends is usually 2) - on top of any soup, coffee, diet coke etc.

I do think that the water should be 1 point a liter and not 2 for 2 liters

I was down 1.4 this weekend :) I want expecting a loss at all!

sotypical 02-19-2007 06:13 PM

anyone wanna join me?
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105082