Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 01:48 AM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Talking Weight Loss and ChitChat #259

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting . So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:02 AM   #2  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone! How are you all doing?

We are back from our trip to Ohio, and it was a blast!!! The kids enjoyed if and so did me and Tommy! We took so many pictures and if all goes well then we are going to go back down there this coming weekend as long as Tommy’s schedule allows us to. If he doesn’t have to work then who knows when we will go down there, probably Friday night again. If he does have to work then we are going to go down after he gets off of work.

I thought I would hop on the scale to see how things went this weekend, expecting to see a gain. And to my surprise there was another loss! This time it was a loss of about 9 pounds. I was shocked, but I had to do a triple take when I jumped on the scale!

Marissa still has her cold. Her cough has gotten worse instead of better, but once I give her a breathing treatment it cuts it down dramatically. So, I will be doing round the clock treatments on her for the next couple days. Right now, she is sleeping soundly, so I am hoping that this is getting better for her sake. Her cough is so rough that she keeps trying to get it all the way out and then ends up sounding like she is choking because she is trying to get it all out.

Cristina~ I have it written on the dry erase board on our fridge. So, whenever I happen to go into the fridge for whatever reason, it is right in my face!

Sue~ While we were in Ohio, we went to the next city over and they had a city wide garage sale. We picked up some really cute things and ended up having a lot of time doing it!

Pink Jane~ I see that you are 8 pounds away from your goal, so keep up the great work and you are motivating me to keep on the track I am on! I can’t wait to see pictures from your WDW trip!

Dee~ Good luck with your homework! Sounds like your home gym is coming together nicely!!
Old 07-16-2007, 10:43 AM   #3  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good morning. It is beautiful here again today. I am just hoping we don't have to turn the A/C on. Love the windows open and the breeze. I think I am probably dreaming though as it is supposed to get HOT.
I rode 3 miles this a.m. and have only had coffee so far. I just don't like an early breakfast.
Ironing is my main goal for today. We brought all of our extra clothes from Vegas and I have to get those ironed up. Closets will be full for sure. I told Mom I won't get to buy any new things forever unless I lose lots of weight. (we kept shirts and blouses out there so we wouldn't have to pack much. Also kept p.j.s and undie stuff, so have lots now.) It's a good and BAD thing. LOL
I got lots done yesterday as far as decorating and hanging pictures. It is looking good. DH is building my arbor for the side of the house. Things are moving along.
Have a nice day everyone and I will do individuals tonight.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:22 PM   #4  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Happy Monday!

MINDEE...glad you guys had a nice weekend in Ohio! And WTG on the 9 pounds! Hope Marissa gets to feeling better soon, poor baby. I hate to see the little ones not feeling well.

SUE...a woman can never have too many clothes, lol. Glad you are getting things done and still biking!

Hi to everyone else

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 07-16-2007, 05:02 PM   #5  

hello ladies.....nothing new on this end. called the pediatrician's office and they are going to fit her in tonight as long as we can get there before 6pm. so, hopefully we can get her in there before the doctor leaves, but I have a feeling that they are going to wait to see her, at least I hope they are going to. If not, then I will have to call them and make an appointment for Wednesday night.

Cristina~ Thanks for the congrats on the weight loss. I am hoping to keep it up now that I am a hundred pounds away from my goal!
Old 07-16-2007, 06:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/172/165

Height: 5'2"

Good Afternoon Ladies

Just got off the treadmill, did 2 hours on it today and I'm hoping to do 2 hours everyday but I'll see how the old bod feels tomorrow LOL...beautiful day today 90 right now but I am inside freezing in the AC LOL...Hubby is in downtown Boston delivering then on to New Jersey tonite and then to Atlanta, he wasn't real happy about having to go through rush hour in Boston...well I need to get around the boy gets off at 6 and I have to pick him up...gonna have a turkey cutlet for dinner tonite then see what's on the tube...Have a Good Evening All.

Mindee - that 175 is really a mini goal at the time I picked that it would have put me under my Hubby's weight for the first time but the turkey has gone down too 172 LOL so needless to say I will be changing that goal once I hit 175.

Pink Jane
Your next WDW vacation is 55 days away!
Old 07-16-2007, 08:14 PM   #7  
GmaTo8

Once again, a quick one from me. I am worn out! Too many things to do, and too little time to do them all. Please forgive me, and I'll try to be back to do indy's tomorrow.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:51 PM   #8  
I can dream, can't I?

I rode 6 miles today and after eating pizza....(I know, bad) I ate salad and melon for dinner. I weighed in and was still at the dreaded 170. I can't seem to shake that number. Even though I lost the 11 pounds I had gained the last year I am STUCK back at 170. UGH!
Got the ironing done, boring I know!
Nothing on the agenda for tomorrow so I will just finish up the housework and then chill.
I must scoot on the individuals...sorry, but have to go to jcp site and shop...
Old 07-16-2007, 11:48 PM   #9  

hello ladies! well, we managed to make it to the doctor's office in time, and they were running late! so I spent an hour in the doctor's office with Marissa while Tommy took the boys to the Chevy dealership to order the handle for the van and looked at some cars, then came back. She basically has her cold still, but now I have to give her a breathing treatment three times a day for ten days, then drop it down to two times a day. If she isn't better between ten and fifteen days, then i have to call him and let him know.

Pink Jane~ I would love to weigh less then Tommy, which I will when I make my goal!!! I am so excited to be doing this great, that I can't wait to jump on the scale next week!
Old 07-17-2007, 01:18 AM   #10  

Height: 5'1"

Evening Ladies--

I'm getting ready to walk. A bit later than usual, but the same time as I used to walk. I had to go in early to work today due to a gal calling in. Got some OT. Can not wait until next month when it's my vacation time.

Mindee--Great job on the 9lbs lost!! Fantastic. Keep up the good work and before you know it, you'll be at goal! Hope little Marissa gets better soon.

Sue--I'm slowly getting myself to eat a bigger breakfast....I'm not much of a breakfast eater but I find that I do much better in the evening (over indulging) when I do eat breakfast. Now....if I can just get in a bike ride before work.................

Cristi--Didn't get permission first??? OMG!! That's just wrong. I can't believe some of the things that go on in this world. Really opens your eyes. I didn't even know you had to have permission for such things. What kind of job did she have???

PJ--You should feel so proud of yourself. Your journey to getting healthy......you're doing so great!! Just wanted to let you know that you're inspiring me to keep at it on the old treadmill!!

Dee--Well you know.....grandma and grandpa's place was always better than staying at home. So what kind of equipment are you getting/have for your gym?

Jane--Hope all the busy days you're having is filled w/lots of fun and no work. Does your town have the fair coming soon? Ours is next month. Looking forward to that. It happens to be during our vacation week too....didn't realize that when we asked for the time off.

Hello to everyone else out there.

Ok....I need to get on the treadmill before it's way too late.

Have a good night everyone.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:50 AM   #11  

Marti~ Thanks for the nice words and encouragement! I had to do a double take when I saw the time of your post and that you were going walking....then I remembered that you are three or four hours behind me! LOL
Old 07-17-2007, 02:59 PM   #12  
I can dream, can't I?

Happy rainy day everyone...We sure needed this rain and it is a slow gentle one. I managed to ride 3 miles between showers, just got a little damp. I hope it stops long enough for me to get 3 more tonight. I did get my vcr hooked up so I can do WATP in my bedroom...that will help if it keeps raining.

Mindee- Sorry to hear the baby is still feeling bad. I hope the breathing treatments help her a bunch. Great job on the loss by the way!

Marti- I think a bigger breakfast would help, but I hate to eat too early. Then what do you do when your DH goes out for doughnuts even before you wake up in the morning? He couldn't sleep so went and brought back goodies. *no will power*

Jane- You will have to pop in long enough to tell us what you are doing. Hope it is fun at least.

Dee- Hope you got your DD home and back in the family routine. I envy you the groups you belong to. I am on my own here for exercise. I guess I need to join the Y or Curves.

Cristina- Hope the sod arrived...or is it still too wet there? You guys will have the pergola done in no time. DH has my arbor almost finished today. Just need to call the power co. to make sure where the wires are so we can dig the postholes. I think we are going to do a pergola also. Yay!

Pink Jane- WOW 2 hours on the treadmill and I am complaining about my little bike rides. Geesh, lady you are amazing. No wonder you have been able to lose weight. I keep making excuses, but really I have NONE that are viable...just lazy and lack of willpower. (like that darn pastry this morning...I knew better)

Got the floors swept and dusting done. I hung another picture and got rid of another box. I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Making a pork roast for dinner with cabbage. For lunch I had fresh fruit and melon. Now I am so drowsy...think I will actually take a nap. (I never can sleep during the day, so we will see!)

See you later.....hi to Tina, Tammy, Sassy, MaryKate, and all the rest of you gals....come on and say "hi."
Old 07-17-2007, 03:44 PM   #13  

Sue~ Thanks for the nice words of encouragement! Marissa is feeling better today. She is sleeping right now, so when she gets up I am going to give her another breathing treatment.

how are the rest of the ladies doing on this fine, but rainy, Tuesday?
Old 07-17-2007, 09:19 PM   #14  
I can dream, can't I?

Got in a 4 mile ride tonight for 7 miles today. I did good for dinner. Small piece of pork, cabbage and carrots. Melon for dessert. I didn't eat bread today and no potatoes for dinner...thanks to making up for the pastry.

Jane we got some good ole' Indiana muskmelon.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:46 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 240/172/165

Height: 5'2"

Good Evening Ladies

Well the old bones complained abit but I got in another 2 hours on the treadmill today...also been doing Turbo Sculpt every morning and Hip Hop Abs in the afternoon...I noticed something unusual when I got out of the shower, I have collar bones LOL I forgot what they looked like...talked to Hubby alittle while ago and he is on his way from New Jersey to Atlanta has to deliver tomorrow at 7 pm...was another hot one here today hit 91 but the heat index was 98 and you sure could feel that humidity, but I'm not complaining LOL...I put a chicken breast with some Mrs Dash marinade in the oven and it's smelling really yummy...well Have a Good Evening All, me and my aching bones are gonna go finish making my dinner LOL.

Marti - Thank You and I honestly can't imagine being an inspiration for anyone, coming here and reading what everyone else does motivates me to keep moving, we really do end up helping each other along.

Sue - Glad you got some much needed rain, we had storms all around us last nite but nothing here, we could use some rain too, Glad you got your bike ride in too.

LOL I started this post 2 hours ago, had to go pick the boy up and now finally getting back here to finish this up.

Pink Jane
Your next WDW vacation is 54 days away!
Closed Thread