Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 10:09 PM   #31  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Quick hi to Ronda..welcome aboard.

I rode 3 miles tonight before pooping out in the humidity. Now that I am inside and showered it has cooled way down and humidity has dropped. Go figure!
Dinner was a challenge since we went somewhere else. I just had a small steak, baked potato (small amount of butter only) and salad with ff ranch. Ate 3/4 of the meal. No bread, which is what I am trying most to cut down on. I could have still had chicken, but had it the past 3 days...so didn't. And the soup was chili, which was not as good for me as the salad...so, that is what I chose. I didn't eat any "junk" today or between meals, which is a big deal for me. LOL

Still struggling with a sore throat and earache...comes and goes. So I am going to bed wayyyy early for me.

See you all tomorrow.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:22 PM   #32  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Ronda~ Hello and welcome to the board!!! I hope to get to know you better in the coming days/weeks!

Sue~ I hope you start to feel better soon! Yay for staying on plan with your eating! Now, that I finally convinced myself to get back on the wagon, I have to fully get back on the wagon! Great job on the riding!
Old 07-20-2007, 07:40 AM   #33  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies,

Marti - yay for you, deciding to recommit. It's hard, I know.

Cristina - oh, what an honor to present the gold banner to the soldier's family. You are the perfect one to do this, and if you cry, it only makes you more human. I feel certain the family will be in tears as well. Please be sure and let us know when this is, and how it went, ok?

Sue - some days my willpower is kaput, too, Sue. And here I have so many incentives to lose, but something in my brain just balks after too many days of being OP, even when I allow treats in my calorie limit. I'm just trying to do well more days than not. Hope your sore throat and earache are gone today.

Mindee - yikes, the GMIL sounds extremely hard to please! It would serve her right if she ended up with no party at all. Glad to know Marissa is better.

Ronda - welcome to our little corner of the world. I think you'll like it here. You're a smart gal to know where your danger zones are, and to do something positive like you have, to avoid a setback.

Hello to anyone else reading this.

I messed up with food and water both yesterday, but have my plan in place for today.

I've been up since 4:15 this morning, and will regret that later. But I woke up to potty and just couldn't get back to sleep. It's a cool 62 degrees outside, which feels like winter, after the heat and humidity we've had. I get to have Jackson and Mackenzie today, and intend to get lots of smooches stored up from them, lol.

What's on your agenda for the day?
Old 07-20-2007, 11:46 AM   #34  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ladies

A big hello and welcome to both Ronda & Sonie.

Let's see if I can quickly do indi's this morning.

PJ--Wow....do you really spend 2hrs on the treadmill?? I get in my 30 mins and call it good. Maybe I need to commit to a much longer time on the treadmill??? You're doing fabulous, keep up the great work!

Mindee--I can't even begin to imagine my grandma not wanting her grandkids or great-grandkids at any of her parties. That is just the saddest thing! She'll be sad later on when no one wants to come over for any event. I hope she changes her mind.

Jane--Our fair starts in August. In fact it is going on during our vacation week so that's something fun to look forward to. We've had some cooler temps here also. In fact we have rain. It's always bizarre to have 80* weather and it's raining. I suppose a positive way to look at it is that it's not unbearable heat and it's not freezing rain. Actually perfect for walking in! Give that baby a kiss for me today ok!!

Cristina--Since we bought the house this year we weren't able to travel. So we aren't going to San Fran this year. But we are going ahead w/our plans to explore Oregon! We're planning on a day trip every day to a different location. To do some hiking, biking, and just have fun. I'm looking forward to going to Southern Oregon and exploring the lava caves. We did that before and had so much fun. I won't want to go back to work...........I'll be too sore!

Sue--We have 3 Clematis in our yard and they're just gorgeous. I wanted to get more for around our Gazebo so I bought one in May. I didn't bury it deep enough, and knew it after a few days....but the darn thing bloomed anyway! I was shocked. I have never seen such TINY little flowers on a Clematis plant before! Very cute, but I don't think it'll last until next blooming season.

Tammy--Good to see you and hear that you're having the time of your life! I'm jealous!! You'll have to tell us more when you get back home. You need to enjoy your vacation and not worry about us silly girls. Have fun!

Ronda--You sound like you have a very positive way of looking at everything. That's a GREAT way to be. I'm looking forward to getting to know you more.

Hello to everyone else out there!! I hope I haven't missed anyone.

I didn't get my walk in this morning, but will tonight. I have some cleaning to do and some laundry...all before work. That in itself is a workout!

It's Friday ladies...end of the week. Hope we all have a great weekend full of adventures!

Hugs!!
Old 07-20-2007, 01:49 PM   #35  

Hello ladies….how are you all on this fine Friday?

Nothing new on this end. Tommy will be out of work in about an hour, and then it will be time to do laundry. We are not sure if we are going to go down to Ohio tonight or just wait until tomorrow. I know one thing is for sure……we have to run to Wal-Mart before we even go anywhere!

I talked to Tommy about his grandma’s party. Apparently, they still haven’t come up with a place to have it yet, but they are looking into restaurants on the west side of the state. Not only that…..whoever does go, will have to pay for their own food. So, if it wasn’t for the location, we wouldn’t be able to go anyways since Tommy’s hours at work got cut this week. And we don’t know if they are going to go back up or not.

Jane~ Yeah, it seems like it is hard to please her. So, I think we are just going to send her flowers and call it a day. I hear ya on the early morning. Brandon was up and ready for the day at 3am! It took me until Tommy left for work, which is about 5:15am, before I got him to sit and cuddle with me enough to get him to fall asleep. Right now, he is in the kitchen playing with the alphabet magnets on the fridge.

Marti~ That is exactly what we are saying! If she is being picky now, no one is going to come over for anything else! We are already talking about not even going over to Tommy’s uncle’s house on Christmas Eve. We usually end up going over there on Christmas Eve and then to his other Aunt’s house on Christmas Day. This year we are changing it since all this bull crap has gone on. I told Tommy that if they keep it up, I won’t have any problems with going up to my parent’s house for Christmas. Tommy then said “I don’t have any problems with it either. ****, I wouldn’t care if we go up there for every holiday as far as I am concerned!”

Sonie~ Hello and welcome to the board!!
Old 07-20-2007, 03:08 PM   #36  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

[B]Hello ladies...[/B]

again RHONDA! Glad to see you made it over to the chitchat thread. WTG on not cheating for 4 days!

JANE...I will let you know. V works with the soldiers brother and is going to find out a good time to go over to his parents house and get directions. I'm a little nervous but feel honored to give this to them. Enjoy your time today with the gk's.

SUE...hope you are feeling better today.

MARTI...that is cool! What's funny to me is how many people will go other places to vacation and never really look in their own backyards. Sounds like you and James are going to have a wonderful time!

MINDEE...glad to hear Marissa is better.

Hello to all the MIA ladies, hoping all is well with you in your little corner of the world...miss ya!

Nothing much going on in my little corner of the world. Went for my 3 mile walk at the park this morning and almost died! The thing at the dentist office said it was only 77 degrees but with the humidity, ick! Very sweaty, sticky walk. I have been trying to get to the park between 7 and 8 before it gets too bad but this morning I overslept so I was dragging. Didn't think I was going to make it, lol. I did and while I thought I was dragging, I actually beat my time by 3 minutes, what?! LOL

Have a good day ladies!
Old 07-20-2007, 04:31 PM   #37  

Cristina~ That is great that you got your walk in!
Old 07-20-2007, 10:31 PM   #38  
I can dream, can't I?

Hello ladies. I was going to take a day off today....no exercise. I ended up digging and planting about 25 ferns. This evening it turned so cool that I couldn't resist riding the bike for 3 miles. So, feeling pretty good about my day off.
Have any of you used a mini stepper? Mom and I went rummaging this morning and I bought a Weider unit, very heavy duty and solid. I only used it for a few minutes earlier and MAN did it work my legs. I don't know how much time I can put in on it as it is really hard to step...but it adjusts, so maybe I can figure it out. (no manual, of course) Hey, for $5.00 I can give it a try. I talked about buying one last year, but didn't.

Still have an earache and the meds. don't seem to be helping. Just makes me tired. I will try to catch up with everyone tomorrow.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:45 AM   #39  

Sue~ I hope you can get rid of your earache soon! That is great about the stepper. My sister used to have the one that came with the Buns of Steel, I think, movie a long time ago. I used to use it all the time. It was adjustable as well.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:12 AM   #40  
back on track, again!

S/C/G: 307/see the ticker/healthy

Height: 5'8"

Hi ladies.. just finished reading the new harry potter.. whoo good book, but long. Sorry I haven't been around lately, hope you guys are all having a great week, and now weekend. I hurt my foot, and that kind of knocked me for a loop, along with some car and money troubles, so this weekend I'm working on getting back on track. Luckily nothing is broken in the foot, just a bad sprain/strain, but I need to wear a brace if I'm going to be on it much, etc.

Did get the little girl back, and man, I forgot how much she yaps. But I'm glad she's home, and hope we can get out snorkeling soon. (we have water warnings right now, yuck).

Have a great weekend all!

Dee
Old 07-21-2007, 11:03 AM   #41  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies, and a good Saturday morning to all!

Another 3 mile walk in for me. Geez, this weather is horrible. Before I head out each morning I always watch the local weather. They said although it is only 73 the humidity is awful and very sticky out...boy, they weren't kidding! Next week since it is supposed to be hotter (upper 90's all week) I am going to try and get tot he park when it opens at 7 a.m. and see if it's any better. I like walking at the park because I can't just stop in the middle of a walk...I have to walk back to my car, lol. So, I get my 3 miles. If I have to walk at home on the treadmill it bores me. I either have to break up the walk into two 1 1/2 mile walks or three, 1 mile walks...it's just too easy to quit if I get hot. Working on that though because I know it is going to be just too hot to walk outdoors. Going to ride my bike later and do some weights..need to work that into my week.

HI MINDEE...thanks! These walks have been killing me the last two days...not actually the walk but the humidity...I am so sweaty and wet when it's over, ugh! I guess that's a good thing tough, lol. How's our little baby girl today? And the boys of course?

SUE...sorry your ear is still bothering you. I've not tried a mini-stepper, sorry. Geez, louise! 25 ferns! That is a a workout in itself. WTG on the bike riding too! I know what you mean about the humidity, it has been horrible here.

HIYA DEE...I can't believe the frenzy over Harry Potter. DS works at a store and OMG! He said it was crazy last night! Sorry to hear about your foot, hope it gets better soon so you can get back to your walking.

Hello to everyone else

Glad I got my walk in early and now can concentrate on cleaning the house and getting my laundry done. Also, going to try and find me a cute little summer dress online for the wedding in Sept. Other than that not a lot going on today.

Hoping all is well with you in your little corner of the world today. Have a GREAT weekend chickies!
Old 07-21-2007, 02:04 PM   #42  

Height: 5'1"

Good morning ladies

I just got done walking, got my 2 miles in. I was really not wanting to walk this morning but I told myself I would feel better about it once I was done and sure enough.....I do!!

Been eating much better. I have this format I use to print out a food journal.....I'm trying to tweak it a little so I can fit 2 pages on one sheet of paper....for some reason it's not working, but I'm planning on starting my food journal back up starting Monday. Getting back into the right frame of mind here. Why I let it get out of control who knows????

Cristina--
Our weather has been wet and warm. 80* with rain. During the week I don't mind because I'm in a building most of the day working, but the weekend.....we wanted to go kayaking this weekend, think we'll have to wait for another time.

Dee--Ouch! Sorry to hear about your foot. I hope it heals quickly for you so you can enjoy the days out. Glad to hear that your DD made it home safe, I miss my DD's chatting. She use to be non-stop.....now it's a whole different story!

Sue--Bravo for getting in exercise on a exercise free day!! I have never used a mini stepper. I have never liked the stair stepper they have in the gyms....ALWAYS kicked my butt! You'll probably see great results in the back end in no time!!

Mindee--Your MIL will be lonely as time goes on due to her ways. Sad really. But you can't change people. My family seems divided. We have the half that can afford anything and like to talk about it constantly and then the other half who struggle from paycheck to paycheck. Makes for an uncomfortable atmosphere sometimes.

Jane--
Did the DGK's wear you out!! Come back and tell us how the day went.

So is anyone watching BB8??? (BigBrother8) Come to find out that the gal Kail....used to work at the lab that I work in. She is a high school friend of one of my co-workers. What a small world it is isn't it??

Well as I was walking....I was surveying my side yard, if you want to call it that. It's just a strip of yard the size of a sidewalk. In between our house and the neighbors is an alley way. It's actually a flood drainage spot but people of course walk through it. Anyway....I spotted some dandelions growing...and they're ready to start flying in the wind!! I'm going to sneak over there and pull them. I don't want to be pulling weeds like crazy. The neighbors have a beautiful yard....they just seem to forget that part of it.

Anyway.... gotta scoot and tackle those weeds before the rain starts up again.

Have a great Saturday!!
Old 07-21-2007, 06:56 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 240/172/165

Height: 5'2"

Good Evening Ladies

Wanted to check in real quick, feeling kinda off since yesterday, got an earache and TOM is getting ready to hit...Hubby is in Washington Courthouse, Ohio waiting for his next load...the boy is going to a birthday party with friends tonite so no taxi service which works for me cause I really don't feel like having to go out again...well I hope everyone has a nice weekend I am gonna go lay down and see if this silly ear will stop hurting, Have a Good Evening All.

Welcome to Dee and Rhonda

Marti - Thanks and 2 hours just about kills me LOL

Sue - Hope your ear feels better soon, I know how you feel mine is killing me, I have a mini stepper, I really like it, I keep it in the living room and try to get 1000 steps on it a day.

Pink Jane
Your next WDW vacation is 50 days away!
Old 07-21-2007, 10:20 PM   #44  
I can dream, can't I?

Happy Sat. night....Wonderful weather here today. I rode 5 miles and did 10 minutes on the stepper. Boy, Marti is right, that thing kicks my butt. Might be the fact that I haven't been able to adjust it. I think it is stuck on "way too hard."
I helped DH with the arbor today and am happy to say it is standing, level and plumb. He dug the holes, I just helped after that difficult chore was done. It took quite a long time to get it set up. He still has to re-bury the cable we had to move and also the downspout drains. There is always more to a job than meets the eye.

Pink Jane- Wow, if you do the stepper and the treadmill you should get a medal. That stepper is really something! I have friends at Washington Court House...small world. haha Hope your earache is better...mine is a bit better.

Marti- I wanted to watch BB this year, but it started when we were in Vegas and I missed it. Seems like I never see much tv in the summer.

Cristina- Any luck finding a dress for the wedding? I just typed that and had to chuckle...when my DS was 5 we were going to a wedding, but after we were leaving on vacation. He was so antsy and during the wedding I gave him paper and pencil to draw. He passed me a note that said "I don't want to be at this weeding no more." I kept that note. LOL

Dee- Wow, sure hope your foot is feeling better and also hope that you get to go snorkeling soon.

Jane- Wasn't it a beautiful day here today...and yesterday wasn't shabby. I love summer when it isn't humid. My willpower was a little more under control today...still not where it should be though.

Mindee- Buns of Steel is right...you have to have legs of steel to use this stepper. You would think mine would be strong with all the biking, but this thing is rough. Hope the kids are allowing you to have a nice relaxing week-end. (can you tell it has been a long time since I had babies?)

No plans for tomorrow. What's going on at your house?
Old 07-23-2007, 02:11 AM   #45  

hello ladies....just stopping by really quickly since it is late and I am tired! We ended up going to Ohio again for an overnight trip this time. It was a lot of fun! It was for a birthday party for some friends of Tommy's. Saturday night we had a BBQ, drank (not me) beer, had a fire and just relaxed. Sunday we went to the mall in Findlay, had another BBQ, they opened presents and then we came home.

Dee~ I hope your water warnings let up soon!

Cristina~ Marissa is doing great! She is starting to talk a lot more, and she was smiling constantly while we were in Ohio. I changed her butt before we left and she was sticking her tongue out at me while I was changing her diaper. The boys are doing great! They didn't take naps on Saturday so it was kind of easy getting Logan to sleep, but then he woke up so it took forever to get him to fall back asleep!

Marti~ You just described my hubby's family! Most of them can afford the "high life" as Tommy's dad calls it, and then the other half (like us, and his parents) who struggle week to week. Now that you mentioned the food journal, I think I am going to start that back up again! I used to do it as well, and then when I got pregnant with Logan I stopped. Now that we are officially done having kids, I think I am going to do it again!

Pink Jane~ How long has your hubby been a truck driver? The friends that we went to see in Ohio are either truck drivers now, and they were. It makes for some interesting conversations. In fact, Saturday night around the fire, the conversation led to bridges that they all had to drive on.

Sue~ I actually had a relaxing weekend. It will be more relaxing if it can be a weekend with just me and Tommy. But that will come in October! Tommy is standing up in a friend's wedding (actually they are the kids' godparents, well a set of them anyways) and they are not inviting kids, so we are going to get a sitter for the rehearsal and then for the wedding. The only thing that bites about it, is that it is the Thursday and Friday before Logan's birthday. Plus, our lease is also up at the end of the month of October. So, it will be an eventful time.
Closed Thread