Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 04:41 PM   #16  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

miafluker:

Quote:
On another note i got a new scale and it said 225.5 as well so im sticking with that
SOunds good! Don't forget to change your profile weight!

Canuk4:

Quote:
Well today I even surprised myself and got two miles done with my walking tape for abs. I was really slow most of the day, so figured I would not get my exercise in, but I did and am really pleased.
That is great! Keep it up!!
Quote:
I also have been good with my eating, even made a nice salad and topped it with some cheese and two strips of bacon for protein, had a smoothie this morning for breakfast and will have another maybe before bed, but am not hungry, I did get some frozen yogart in for desert after my salad. Not too bad a day for food. Got busy changing over files from 2006 to 2007 and forgot to eat, till I was starving, and had finished one large file.

Have a good day tomorrow everyone.
Sounds good. how many cals are you doing?

marbleflys:

Quote:
I managed 3 hours and 8 mins. of hard cardio and wts. last week. I'm still *afraid* of my scale, but my tape measure and full length mirror show that there is HOPE....my mid-section is tightening up and my waist is 33.5", my left thigh is 22.5"
yOU ARE DOING GREAT! i TRY TO MEASUsure once every few weeks too. The scale doesn't tell you if you are losing inches etc.

Quote:
Jasmine, your previous explanation post gave me chills........and considering I was Carmela Soprano in my last life, that's hard to do... Hang in there and do your best to move up and out of that environment.
Thanx hun. Yeah we are. All of this is so frustrating. I am going to go full speed ahead and see how soon I can go to court. I just don't want to go in there misfiring, filing the wrong stuff etc. I just have to do all I can and leave this in God's hands. Just like I told God years ago when my ex was trying to get custody, these are HIS kids, I knew no matter whether the judge is christian or not that God is in control of our life and theirs and he will decide who will raise them. My ex was trying alot of underhanded stuff and lying in court, dragging cops over on bogus stuff. Thank God the cops and the judge seen thru all that. So now I just need to do what I need to do and God will help the judge decide if we get to move or not. If not then we need to except it and try to make a better life for us here.

Was your dh in the mob? Give us the scoop sweetie!!

dollypie:

Quote:
Okay I am back after a week without posting. I am not even going to try and catch up on everything. Let's just say I am going to pretend that last week never even happened, but the scale shows it. I am only up four pounds, but I feel so terrible. I had planned to work out this morning, but set the alarm for 5pm and not 5am. I did bring my clothes to work out after work today now my goal is to actually go!!!
Hey sweetie! Great to see ya!! Is some of that water weight?

SD Gal:

Quote:
Well hello ladies.. I'm not feeling soooo optimistic about WI tomorrow.. I guess we'll see. I've been very good, and been doing my 2-3 mile walks every day.. but I'm feeling kind of frustrated. This next ten pounds does't REALLY want to come off I'm thinking.. and the 10 after that is going to be even more difficult. BUT.. I WILL DO IT.. its just going to take me a while. Yanno? *sigh* My monthly guest is upon me as well.. and I suppose I'm feeling a little blue about that as well.
Well hun I know you want to lose weight and I understand that but remember the closer you get to "goal" the harder it is! WHat you may want to do is take the focus off losing and put it on eating healthy and walking, exercise. Those are things you can control!

I hear ya on the clothes! I was all happy and went out and got new jeans when I hit 18, but not long later they were loose on me! That is great though but I am the type I like to wear tight stuff! It reminds me not to overeat or feel too relaxed. Anyhow what I am doing now is the black stretchy pants mostly. I can get 16 jeans now but am trying to hold off til I can get to a 12 or 14. When we get our taxes I will probably just get a few things here and there, defo need new bras and undies maybe a new girdle, but want to wait to go hog wild til I can get to a 12! So I know what ya mean! Hang in there!!

sumisan:

Welcome! So glad you joined us!

Quote:
Sorry for the rant, I know it doesn't really have to do with weight loss.
Don't worry about the rant! We all do that!

What exactly is going on with your situation? You are not getting enough iron? Are you taking a multivitamin? Getting plenty of protein? Eat that with some vitamin c, like fruit, it helps you absorb it!

Is that really me:

Quote:
I did take yesterday off from exercise. I hate exercising on Sundays; I just need to know that one day is just down time. I did ok eating over the weekend; nothing really off program but probably a little more calories than during the week. I can't seem to find the time or remember to track my food on fitday on the weekends. I keep track of it in my head but it's nice to actually see the numbers.
Don't worry, I have been doing the same thing lately!

Quote:
I did 25 minutes on the totaly gym and 3.25 miles on the treadmill.
That is great!!

martiniforme:

Quote:
I have stopped biting my nails. I'm on day 4. I think this might even be harder than quitting smoking. I have been biting my nails since I grew teeth! My nails were in such horrible shape. Still are! But I've gotten this liquid stuff that is supposed to make them a bit softer and stronger (they're brittle and weak right now).
I hear jello is supposed to strengthen them too!!

. Does this make any sense

I hear ya!! I hope you can get it!!

SD Gal:

Quote:
Jasmine you're fabulous!! I love this post, its my favorite!!
Aww thanx but if you are referring to the opening post on the top I did npt write that. Mande did! I have started many a thread in the past and usually just copy and paste what I said before but she started last weeks and I was in a hurry so just grabbed that!

But we are in agreement about what this club is about, basically just working on being healthy, encouraging each other and trying to stick to plan, whatever that may be.

Canuk4:

Quote:
Well I had a doc's appt. today, but I did 40 mins. floor exercise today, as well as I must of walked a mile, I visited 3 groc. stores today and did a lot of walking. I came home and had a large salad with chicken and cheese on top, it was good, then I had two yogarts and for snack some popcorn. Did not do to well with my water as I forgot to take it with me (darn) I really missed having it. So that was my day.
That sounds great hun!!!
Quote:
My Dad called tonight and said to my hubby, Sharon has not been over in weeks, hubby had to remind him I was at the hospital with him (my son showed up and my Dad adores him and of course he stopped for the Advil for him (I went in and got it and some Ginger Ale), then we took him home and I helped him get ready for bed. Then we were there Friday night for the evening, my brother was there for the weekend and my niece's tonight and my other brother and wife this aft. So go figure that one out!!!! He was having a bad day with his back, so I guess he figured he had to take it out on someone. lol

Take care ladies, have a good day all.
I hope he feels better soon!!

sumisan:

Quote:
I am going to try green tea even though I hate the stuff, maybe it will help with a little weight too But it is going to be HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need that constant caffeine fix to do the little I do get around too!
I understand. I still do 2 BIG cups of coffee daily and I am doing green tea almost daily, twice a day. It is really good for you. No milk with it though!!! I hear it negates the positive effects! I have been having mine with a lil honey.

Quote:
On a plus me and the kids cleaned up the living room and got all the boxes ready to put away the ornaments on our mummified tree! haha Maybe today I will get to putting them IN the boxes and off the tree! It will be said when it is finally gone, poor thing has really outdone itself this year HAHA
hahah dh just put ours away last weekend!!

Quote:
Any low cal suggestions for my shopping list would be great, I have a huge list already started in excel. I am doing a major overhaul, today I want to do an inventory on what I have in there. Get rid of the bad stuff and donate it or something...
Maybe get some yogurt or kefir? GEt the no sugar added ones and just add fresh fruit and blend!
Old 01-23-2007, 04:53 PM   #17  
prepare for the BEST time

darn! I had a long supportive post and I just lost it, grrrr.....

Jasmine keep breathing and looking for answers....you'll find them...more later.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:59 PM   #18  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Thanx sweetie!! I usually type in word pad and then copy/paste!
Old 01-23-2007, 06:50 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 155/148/128

Height: 5'7"

Hello - Well the doctor called about my high thyroid number and I have to go in for more blood work for t3 and t4. (Thanks for the pm to the website, it was really helpful! )

I just haven't been able to keep up with the posts, but I will read them and respond later.

Exercised 100 minutes last night!!! I felt great afterward too. I would really like to lose a pound this week, it's been three weeks since I lost weight. We will see.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:53 PM   #20  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

So tired. Worked out hard. Butt cramp. AHHHHH.

Please trust I read all. Thank you to those who cheered me on with my nail biting. For those of you who are concerned about dry or brittle nails, or wanting back the pink/white, VITAMIN D! Sun is one of the best things for your nails. The sinthetic D is second best <3.

I have the most terrible headache after working out. I need to go lie down. If it persists, I'm going to see the doctor. ITS BRUTAL! And I never get headaches
Old 01-24-2007, 01:35 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 242/229.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Martiniforme, I don't like the sound of that headache, don't fool around, if you don't get them, then it could be serious, don't wait for a doc. go to the hospital. Sorry not trying to scare you, just know a little bit about that stuff.

Stopeating, great that your going for the bloodwork, maybe they will finally do something.

Sam, if you took your daughter to a hospital when she broke her bone and you got a lousy doctor, that does not mean you will get the same one, they work shifts, if you know his name and you want to go back, call first and see if he is working, if not, when he will be coming on. I personally have some experience with doc's and hospitals, when I first hurt my arm (I fell down the stairs backwards, then flipped at the bottom and landed on it), anyhow the first doctor I had could see a visible break and showed me, he said it should heal on its own, this was Nov. 2005, so I kept going back, he kept doing X-rays and it was not getting better. He was busy, teaching another student and was distracted, even when he looked at my X-ray and said it was healing, I did not need to come back for 2 mths. By this time it was almost Feb. so I tryed to just let it heal, but finally got fed up, when I could not even cut a pepper and went to the Emerg. at another hospital, I was X-rayed and referred to the fracture clinic and put in a sling. (The other doc. had me out of the sling in 4 days). When I went to the fracture clinic I was X-rayed again, I had not one but two visible broken bones in my arm, I was sent for an MRI and then an ultra sound and was advised I would have to have an operation and a screw put in to fix the breaks, when he got in there he found a third break that had not shown up on anything, he had too adapt the surgery because of it (that operation was April 11, 2006) for some unknown reason my bone is working its way backwards and pushing the screw into the cartlidge, it has already worn some away. I have to have another operation, it is being booked at this time. Now if the first doc. had put me in a cast for six weeks, like the norm. then I would not be going thru all this. So be persistent and don't go back when he is working. Sorry for the rant, but it makes me furious, how some doc's are.

Jasmine, I think you are doing exactly what you should do, she has to realize she is not going to run the show and force your hand, your in charge not her.
I sorry about all the court stuff, it is such a pain, I had been back to court for better child support (I was getting $100.00 a mth for two kids and most of the time I never saw it). It was a rig morale (SP) all the time, he ended up owing me over $10,000.00 dollars, and he died, it probably cost me that for all the lawyer, and other fees I had to pay. I am sure you feel they are getting you every which way, please believe there is a light at the end of the tunnel, I would be there at it if I could. Things will straighten out, but you have 5 kids, she has too understand that and realize you can only do so much, she has to give too The clean up seemed to work well and taking away her toys for a day was a good idea two, I think you explained it to her very well. Keep your chin up, were all behind you. Do you need your X's permission to move them out of State?

I am not yet doing the calorie thing, just looked up my WW stuff and was going through some of it tonight, I have been trying to be really careful of what I eat and drink, not always successful, but trying. As well as making a good attempt at working out, as much as I am able. Funny I guess I was not impressed with what the knee guy said about losing weight, as I forgot I am supposed to be looking into water aerobics, I also forgot about the second appt. with the dietican. I will have to call her tomorrow. OH OH!!

Today I had a shake for breakfast, Lean Cuisine chicken and wild rice and Vegies in a mushroom sauce, a V8 and two yogart. I am about to eat a salad and an orange and kiwi. I did 2 miles with my ab walking tape, so a good day I would say. I weighed in today at 230 so down a pound, thought it would be two, but that is okay, at least it is a loss.

Take care, have a good one.
Sharon

Sorry for ranting on Sam!
Old 01-24-2007, 07:39 AM   #22  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

hi everyone not a good day yesterday but today is another day have a great day everyone
Old 01-24-2007, 10:40 AM   #23  
Skinny Chick in Training

S/C/G: 191/178-182???/145

Height: 5' 9"

Jasmine:
Quote:
What exactly is going on with your situation? You are not getting enough iron? Are you taking a multivitamin? Getting plenty of protein? Eat that with some vitamin c, like fruit, it helps you absorb it!
Well they think its due to blood loss, they put me on birth control patch (hubby is fixed already) And that just screwed me up even more and I think that is why I am having trouble losing weight too. (along with everything else really) So they sent me to the obgyn who recommended an ablation (burning the uterus… TMI), which will hopefully stop or reduce my bleeding. I am hoping for complete cessation but I know that is not guaranteed, but it sure would be nice. I never thought anything about my TOM but it has always been very heavy, but its always been that way. I loved not having it while breastfeeding.

Anyway I was also vegan for about a year but we still ate salmon off and on so I guess I was vegan LOL My doc is a veggie so she doesn’t think that had anything to do with it since I ate iron rich foods still and my b12 was low but still ok. The summer before last we sold our house in California and during the transition of buying a new one out here in Missouri we went back to the Sad American Diet. But the funny thing is, that’s when my symptoms started. I gained a bunch of weight, became lethargic and totally fatigued, oh and my hair started falling out (it is very very thin now but since I had SO much, its not horribly noticeable). I thought it was my thyroid, but it wasn’t. I still think my thyroid has something to do with it but it is probably just hopefully wishing. (my sister had a thyroid disease) I know its no run in the park but people accept thyroid as a reason for inactivity better than anemia. I am trying to overhaul my menu to make it completely iron friendly, and then if in that 3-6 months it doesn’t change I can say, look I did EVERYTHING right, you ARE missing something without a doubt. So hopefully it will start looking up 

Stopeating:
No problem

Sharon:

I totally understand. It sounds like your experience is a lot like ours. They kept my daughter in a cast from August until December. It was ridicules! She is no longer in it but she walks funny still. I am hoping it will go away but she had to compensate for the weight and size of the walking boot and cast, I really think it screwed her up.

I didn’t tell the whole story LOL! The ER doctor on call that night WAS the primary physician at the office we go to, the one the nurses work under! We ended up going back to the hospital and getting better x-rays to be sure and then it was undeniable that they had totally blown it. And then irony has it they sent us back to the ER to get it cast. When they told me I would need to check in again I was PISSED. For some reason it just seemed extremely silly to me to have to check back in when that is where it all started and they were working on something they had missed. I know procedure but still LOL

Anyway we didn’t find out that the doctor we had seen in the ER was the one whom we go to until we noticed it on our nurses card and sure enough on the plaque in the office. The problem is, there IS no other docs around here we are so rural, I guess I could travel to a major city but I have no idea how insurance works, can you go 60 miles from your house? LOL  Thanks for listening!!
Old 01-24-2007, 11:34 AM   #24  
Goodbye Fat!

Good Morning Ladies,

so I am wearing my contacts today an they make me so sleepy. I don't know why but my eyes glaze over at the computer and then I want to sleep. I put them on this morning because I ran on the treadmill and my glasses just fall down with all the sweat.

Pretty excited my friend and I start with our personal trainer on Sunday. I had never used my free sessions from when I started my membership so I though why not. It will be alot less intimidating with a friend there than if it was on my own.

As to the tea dilemma. At home I drink cold black ice tea, but at work I drink flavored green tea. The green tea did take some time getting used to, but the flavored ones are great. I only use one tea bag, but make several cups.

Keep Healthy!
Old 01-24-2007, 12:14 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 165/165/150

Height: 5-8

Hi girls!!! I just wanted to say thanks for all the super support yesterday. I know losing this weight is not going to be easy, and harder yet the closer to goal I get. So.. step by step I'll get there. I just need to realize it won't come off over night. My husband and I walked almost four miles last night & it really does me so much better to walk that way versus the two miles, which for me isn't much of a challenge. 80 minutes.. pretty good. I guess I'll have to start using 2# hand weights as well.

I have to remember too, to stay off the scale. I'm bad about it still.. Once a week, for cryin out loud! lol.. I've also decided to make my goal more realistic to 140.. and.. if I lose more, then wonderful.. but.. until then... that's what it will become.

Have a super day
Old 01-24-2007, 12:44 PM   #26  
prepare for the BEST time

Sumi; have you tried taking 5000mcg of Biotin? You can also get a topical Biotin spray for the hair at some vitamin stores....my hairdresser uses it. I take it regularly for years, i barely lose a hair in my comb. (I color blonde and have fine-texture but the condition stays great except for the ends)

stress is also a big factor for some people with having sudden hair loss.

Jasmine, how goes it today? less frustrations, more peace of mind?
Old 01-24-2007, 03:39 PM   #27  

Quote:
Sumi; have you tried taking 5000mcg of Biotin? You can also get a topical Biotin spray for the hair at some vitamin stores....my hairdresser uses it. I take it regularly for years, i barely lose a hair in my comb. (I color blonde and have fine-texture but the condition stays great except for the ends)
I take the 5 of biotin, I looove it. That and my prenatal (I swear, it does the trick!), I also take a b-comlex & flax oil daily. My hair is in much better condition and my nails now grow.. albeit they are still short, but soo much nicer.

Bumble & Bumble carries a hair tonic spray my daughter introduced me to it, its simply wonderful. I have found it online as well-

Jasmin I kwym about buying clothes! I bought two pair of size *10* pants last weekend, Dockers kind.. for work. I am between a 10/12... Ten pounds and I'll be a definite 10 in pants. I'm going out on a limb here and guess my chest isn't going to shrink much more.. Sadly. I hate it. HATE IT! lol

Thanks Canuk~ I know, just to be diligent and not fall off the wagon. Its hard not to though... but.. I know that I want to lose this weight and OH MY STARS, I found the most wonderful dress to wear on the Spiegel website.. ugh!! So.. I have a goal.

Just one foot in front of the other.. right?

Last edited by SD Gal; 01-24-2007 at 09:26 PM.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:52 PM   #28  
Goodbye Fat!

Okay ladies you must tell me kind of vitamin you are taking for hairloss...is it the Biotin or the Prenatal vitamins? For the past two months it seems that my hair has gotten thinner and thinner. It is not because of no fat in the diet because I keep it at 30%. Help!!!!
Old 01-24-2007, 05:39 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 155/148/128

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone! I had my bloodwork today and will get those results tomorrow. Work was crazy and I didn't get anything done that needed to be done. I only have 7 more working days at my old job. I bought cards for everyone and I am going to write something special about each and leave them on the last day. Still feeling happy and sad.

I never talk about it but TOM is soooo bad this time, I couldn't sleep. My mom and grandma had hysterectomy's in their 30's so of course I think about it when I feel so miserable and wonder if that's coming.

The school called and my little one (12) had a bad rash on his neck. I took him in to the doc. He is definitely allergic to something but we can't figure it out. There isn't anything new around. We have some cream to put on it.

sdgal - Just wanted to let you know that we are not that much different in weight and if you are anything like me, it will not take 10 pounds for you to be in a solid size 10. You would be so surprised what 5 pounds can do for you. Also, when I lose the next 5 pounds my chest size definitely shrinks and I am thrilled with that. I was always a 38 C. Now depending on my weight, I have been a 34 B, so never say never.

Sharon - Yeah! A loss!!

miafluker - I hope today is better.

martiniforme - my nails or so weak and brittle. I will try the vitamin d. Thanks!
Old 01-24-2007, 09:15 PM   #30  

Dollypie, my daily vitamins are a b-complex, a prenatal vitamin, two flax oil caps and a 5000 biotin. I've been taking them for about a year now. Works for me.
Closed Thread