Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 03:57 PM   #16  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Cool

Hey all,

Well we got our snow! No ice yet, thankfully! I hope that holds out until tomorrow when we are safe and at home! (we work tonight)

Thanks everybody. Me and DH are keeping a close eye on my arm and its actually doing really good!

Vann -- I can certainly relate to your DS I was teased and tormented most of my childhood (& adulthood). I even got to the point where I would "pretend" to be sick so I wouldn't have to go to school to deal with it. Eventually of course my mom figured it out and she went up to the school and talked with the principal and I seem to remember that she even talked with the superintendent because for some reason I remember even going to his house once.

That all really didn't help, but it did make the school aware of what was going on at least. But a lot of things changed once I met my best friend that I had from 7th grade to way past HS. She was more assertive than I was, so she really brought me out of my shell and made me realize that I too had a mouth and could use it!

I even nailed one guy who was tormenting me forever, just non-stop would not give it up. So finally one day I had enough and just punched him and then threw him into the lockers and told him basically if he didn't leave me alone I'd beat his face in! lol. Now I know now a days you can't hardly even look at another kid the wrong way and your suspended, so I don't recommend that now. But it did help and that guy NEVER bothered me again! It did help that a guy that was in my next period class saw the whole thing and the guy I punched was in that class too, and the guy who saw it told EVERYBODY that the guy got punched by a girl! lol.

So I'm really not sure how to deal with it now a days with them being so strict with things. I guess maybe you could go and talk with the school then, see what they want to do or something? Not really sure, but I know its a pain to deal with everyday so I do feel for your DS.

Well here I go again with another long post. lol.

TTYL
Old 01-21-2007, 05:53 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 166

Height: 5'4"

Sassy--Thanks so much for the candid feedback! I haven't been to the school yet...certainly will if needed, but he is still in elementary school so I know that next year will get worse.

I do hope that he will meet that friend, because your'e right..if there is ONE person in the world that accepts us as we are ...we feel more connected..more grounded and right now he really doesn't have that friend.

We moved and so I take him to school now. I am hoping that when he starts middle school he will meet someone that lives in our area that he can develop a friendship with....

I felt so bad for him yesterday ..he is in the big brother/big sister program and his big brother came to take him swimming and he is so self consience he wouldn't take his shirt off. The Big Brother has agreed to be more connected ..so I hope that will help...

Thanks and again and STAY SAFE in your weather...Ice can be ugly!!!

Good night everybody!! Hugs to ya...
Old 01-21-2007, 06:21 PM   #18  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi ladies...

Nothing much going on. I am really feeling bad from all the shoveling yesterday. I really didn't feel so bad while I was doing it but I definitely over did it. There is no way I will go to IF tomorrow...my arms, upper back and shoulders are sore. Hopefully, by Wed. I'll be back at it (IF). Surprisingly with my arthritis in my arms that is not bothering me at all, just sore from working those muscles.

MARTI...that is a cool little tool there.

JULES...same here...I am trying, key word trying, lol, to not buy any books. I've got tons I need to read. I won't even check out any at the library when DD and I go. DH#1 he loved leftovers and said they always taste better the second time around, ick. V will even eat leftovers, as will Jason. For me it totally depends on what it is...salad, yes, or chicken and I will put in in a salad, and some things at Thanksgiving and Christmas time, other than that, ick. LOL WTG to your son! And glad Teri is doing great!

SASSY...yeah, just be careful with your arm. And I too love your long posts! Glad you guys have the snow. Today was a good melting day but still lots to go.

TAMMY...it is a pain but this cancellation I really didn't mind, lol. Especially after yesterday. I have spent most of the day in bed with an ice pack pn my upper back. Feeling better now thank goodness. But really sore. I hear ya about the organic store...they are sooo expensive. I've heard lots about Trader Joe's but we don't have one here,

JODI...that's exactly what I did...stayed in my pj's all day. Actually, spent most of the day in bed, lol. I had to get up though...my body doesn't take kindly to laying around too much.

VANN...glad you guys enjoyed the movie. Glad your dinner party went well. I bet they did like the menu. Will you be able to see any sights while in Atlanta? It really is a pretty place but that airport, ugh! Actually, we really didn't see much of Atlanta, just the airport and driving on our way out, lol. My son did his basic training at Ft. Benning and we went down there a couple of times. I'll try to think of some tips.

Hi to everyone else

Was just getting on for a few mintues to say Hi. Figured I better post otherwise I would get behind. Take care and lot's of hugs to everyone.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:23 PM   #19  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Cristina - I'm glad your open house got cancelled so you didn't have to leave in all this bad weather. Don't blame you for not going to IF tomorrow with those sore muscles! You're smart to let them rest a bit first. When I make soup, like chili or vegetable soup, I always make it a day ahead because I like how the flavors blend overnight. Yep, it's easy to get behind here - that's why I'm here right now, lol.

Sassy - I'm glad you're keeping a good eye on your arm. It's just too bad that some people have to make themselves feel better by tormenting others, and I'm sorry that you were made to feel that way in school. If I'd been there, I would've stood up for you, like I did for my buddy Kathy.

Tammy - oddly, I have had no pain in my foot today. I didn't know that the cortisone had to kick in - I've never had it before. Your words are very encouraging, because I thought maybe it didn't "take"after all. Oh how I wish we had a Whole Foods in my neck of the woods. Nothing even remotely close around here. Well, I live in the country and grow lots of fruits and vegetables, so that should count, right?

Marti - hey, that scale thingy is cool! I hope you're having fun this weekend.

Jules - I do my best to crack everyone up, tee hee. Did you have a good visit with DD and GF? Oh I'm sooooo glad the stalker is history!

Vann - lol, I've never known a modest 3 y/0, either. And hugs to your DS! I hope you get some time to explore Atlanta. I've never been, but would love to go there. Especially when the peaches are ripe! How to make it through the feeding frenzy you asked? Here are some friendly suggestions: Concentrate on what's more important - eating all the goodies, or your weigh-in next time. Go ahead and take small portions of foods that you don't get often, but don't waste your calories on the ordinary foods that are always around. Except for veggies - fill up on them. Drink water before meals to help fill you. Dr. Oz says to eat 8-10 nuts 1/2 hour before dinner to take the edge off. (Take them from home in a tiny snack baggie so you won't be temped to eat 1/2 a jar full. ) Also, as soon as you've had your allotted amount of food, get rid of your plate and chew some gum or suck on a sf mint. That will keep you from eating more. Keep your hands busy. If you start to feel that you may just eat everything in sight, excuse yourself and hide out in the bathroom if necessary until you gain control. You can do this! If anyone around you comments on you not taking this or that food, tell them that your tummy is a tad upset. Nobody ever questions that. If all else fails, use aversion therapy - picture roaches crawling all over the dessert table. Ewww! Hope you don't become anorexic after that last bit, lol.

Jodi - well, we got ice and then a teeny bit of snow on top of it overnight. Early afternoon brought rain that melted it all. Sorry your Wii hunt didn't work out. Sooner or later you'll get one, though. I hope you've enjoyed your lazy day. Sounds great!

Hello to anyone else reading this.

I'm finished with the cookbooks!!!!!!!! This is a major accomplishment, and a huge relief! I'll give them out to the girls after Mary's bd party tomorrow.

Speaking of cooking - I baked a turkey today for Sunday dinner and to just have around. No, there were no noodles or pumpkin pie, lol. Just some wild rice and a broccoli dish. The house smelled divine, though!

Gotta run! Toodles for now.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:44 PM   #20  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Good Evening Ladies!

Just a quick fly by....Brothers and Sisters come on at 10 and it's one of my favorites. We got snow!!!! Yeah, us whimpy Marylanders got an entire one inch of the stuff and you would think that we were getting a blizzard. The ticker tape warnings are still running at the bottom of the TV announcing that the "storm" will continue until late tomorrow morning with a "possible accumulation of one inch"!! That's been about the extent of my Sunday excitement. Jane, excellent advice to Vann and I ditto everything you said.

We ate entirely healthy today. Whole wheat waffle with blueberries and sugar free syrup for breakfast. Turkey burger without the bun for lunch along with a piece of fruit then a pork loin with brown and wild rice for dinner. We just topped the day off with sugar free jello and lite cool whip. I am still dying for a piece of chocolate and blaming it on my period.

Gotta work tomorrow and hope it's not icy out. I got 15 min to pack my lunch for tomorrow. Sleep well tonight ladies and talk at ya'll tomorrow.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:16 AM   #21  

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies!

Just got done walking and I thought I would pop in and catch up some. I had a great relaxing weekend. Didn't do a whole lot, which I really enjoy! Got the scale yesterday and my hubby bought a paper making thing for me. I've been wanting to make home made decorative paper. Messy but fun.

Jane--Congratulations on the loss!! I knew you could do it. I think I'll have either a little gain or nothing at all on my WI. I wasn't as good this week as I should have been. I've come to realize though that I shouldn't beat myself up for it...just continue onward. (maybe I should have my WI before I have this conversation??? )

Tammy--I know what you mean about prices for whole foods! I've commented to my hubby not too long ago of how expensive it is to eat now. But now that our portions are smaller...the food seems to last longer. So maybe it evens out?? If you want a piece of chocolate....have one. It will curb that craving. Get some hershey kisses and have one. They're small and they do the trick. (that's what I've been doing.)

Jules--Fantastic on your loss too!! That's just wonderful especially w/TOM!! And you're right about looking at a loss is a loss. I'll take any loss! Great news to hear that the stalker is gone. You're DD must feel a bit relieved.

Vann--It's hard for me to take my vitamins. I have to make sure I keep them where they'll always be in my way so I do take them. I was REALLY tired last summer. Seemed like I couldn't get any energy. After some blood test they told me I was anemic. So that's about when I started thinking that I really need to take better care of myself. Got my vitamins, bought a treadmill and started eating better. Made a huge difference. As for your trip. Do you track them on Fitday? You can always bring a journal w/you and track it on that then when you get access to a computer put it all in. That's the nice thing about fitday...you can go back to days you missed.

Jodi--Wii's and PS3 are just so in demand aren't they? We bought a PS3 a couple days before Christmas. Shocked that hubby actually got one. Now we see them and the Wii's everywhere! Hopefully you'll get one soon.

Christina--Did you get a lot of snow for you to be shoveling? Good idea to stay home the next day so you don't over do it and strain a muscle. I really need to start doing some upper body workouts. I love walking, but it's time to do some weight lifting. Do you lift weights at IF?

Sassy--Glad to hear that you're arms doing ok. Just a bunch of worried cyber sisters here! Good for you for sticking up for your DH. People think they're joking and just don't realize what they're saying sometimes. If they just paid attention, they'd know that words really do hurt!

Hello to everyone else out there!! Ok....I need to get going. I'm dehydrated and I need to quench that thirst!

Have a wonderful night!
Old 01-22-2007, 06:55 AM   #22  
~Believe~

Cool Tgim!!!!!!!!!!!!

Howdy Girls.

Well thankfully we (so far) have not got any of that nasty ice! Just some snow and now its all slush, at least it was when we were driving home this morning from work!

Lemme tell ya I'm so glad its Monday (my Friday) because lastnight/this morning was a madhouse! I thought I was going to go crazy (er)! lol.
It was busy, busy, busy! But it did make the night go by quickly!

News Update on my arm: it looks really good this morning, I'm happy to report in to my Cyber Drs. lol. No swelling, no redness, looks good! I keep it clean and keep putting peroxide & neosporin on it, seems to be working!

Now I just have to get my bum in gear on my days off and get this place cleaned up! I need to strip our bed, I will do that tomorrow. My cat was nice enough to leave us a little present on our comforter I washed that spot off just for now, I will wash the whole thing later on today after we get up.

OH and The Colts are in the SUPERBOWL!

Okay guess that is all for now!

Have a Wonderful Monday!
Old 01-22-2007, 12:54 PM   #23  

Height: 5'1"

Morning Ladies--

Wanted to pop in as it's WI day for me. It's up .5lbs. Better than I thought! (I was expecting a couple pound gain) So this week I will be "kicking it up a notch" to quote Emeril!

Loving my new food scale......just need to learn how to use it better. (I'm no good w/high tech toys)

Alrighty then...off to work I go!
Old 01-22-2007, 02:27 PM   #24  
One day at a time

Hi ladies...

Nothing much going on. Feel weird because I didn't go to IF, and I haven't walked either. Not sure I will. I want to walk but think I will wait a day and see how I am feeling. Feeling good about going to WW this evening.

SASSY...glad you are is doing well. Enjoy your days off!

JANE...I didn't want to have the open house but was going to go thru it. I think the realtor didn't want to this time. But you don't have to ask me twice what I think, lol. Turkey sounds delicious

MARTI...hey at least it wasn't too big of a gain. I had to WI sat and then turn around and wi today, yikes! I try not to weigh too much since it flucuates daily. And it did, I am up a pound, yikes! But I wanted to weigh before heading to WW. Then I'll weigh before I leave and see what the difference is between the two scales. I always hate weighing in the evening, because you've (me) had 2 meals, lots of water and have my clothes on, ugh. Anyway...we got 6 inches of snow, ick! I took pictures of the mess so when I get them back I will show ya. The reason I was sore is because I shoveled after I walked and went to IF. Then I shoveled it again about 3. If I wouldn't have done it the second time no one would have been able to see where the driveway was, lol. But I did over do it for sure and I won't do that again.

Hi to everyone else

I have got to go get something to eat, past my lunch time. And I am doing laundry. Glad I was up early to shower and get the house cleaned.

Take care ladies and have a GREAT day!
Old 01-22-2007, 02:53 PM   #25  
GmaTo8

Hi all!

Just a fly-by for now - Neal and I are headed to town to do some errands, but just wanted to say hi.

Sassy - I noticed that you edited one of your posts because you thought it was too long? Hey, girl, you can make your posts as long as you want! We care what's going on in your life, just as you care about us, too, and there are no limits to how long a post can be. Just wanted to make sure you know that, ok? Your posts always seem to bring excitement and fun to my hum-drum days.

I'll do individuals later today. Mwah <---- big smooch to you all.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:29 PM   #26  
One day at a time

Smile

Back again...

Had to get online to check something really quick and so I thought I would stop by and say HI to the chickies

JANE...have a good time with Neal.

SASSY...I think I already said it but "ditto" what Jane said, and I think it was Jules...we love your long posts, and your short posts. All that matters is you post! I must say, you got me on the story of your arm at Wal-Mart, lol! I was reading the beginning and thinking OMG! Needless to say...I do enjoy your posts and love hearing how your days go.

Okay, better git...V will be home momentarily. Of course the meeting isn't until 5:30 but we need to get there by 5 and it will take a few minutes so...

Have a good one chickies!
Old 01-22-2007, 05:45 PM   #27  
~Believe~

Red face Hi Girlies!

Hey Girlies.

Thanks Everybody. I surely do appreciate your lovely & wonderful comments. I just always worry that my posts are way too long cuz you all know I can get to rambling away sometimes! lol.

We are getting snow now, nothing heavy, but some flakes, as long as the ice stays away, I don't care! lol.

Marti -- you know muscle does weigh a bit more than fat, so maybe this the reason for the .5 gain? And gotta love Emeril! I hope you had a good day at work!

Cristina -- You deserve a day off from exercising, but since you cleaned, you know you can burn a lot of calories that way, right? I need to do major cleaning myself and laundry, need to strip our bed and all......Saw your 2nd post......Thanks. Like I said to Jane below, I'm just a big ole worry wart! lol.

Jane -- Thanks Lady. I guess I'm just a big worry wort. lol. I hope you and Neal had fun in town!

I hope everybody is having a great Evening!

Old 01-22-2007, 06:53 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 166

Height: 5'4"

Good Evening Ladies!!

You guys are all so inspirational to me and I am grateful to call you my cyber friends!!

Christina- Atlanta will be filled with TONS of Trainings and meeting and FOOD--no fun..I have been frequently and have a friend that lives there...so I won't miss the sights. I hate leaving my DS..he is staying with Mom which is new for him. I usually have a college girl that stayed with him ,but she moved:-( Oh well..we will survive and hopefully without a weight gain

Jane--WOW thank so much for the tips..it sounds like you have had experience in this area. I am going to write all your tips down in my day planner!! they all sound like great diversions and that is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks --AND have fun with Neal!

Jodi- My DS got a Wii for Christmas..you will enjoy it when you get it, but there are not many games out yet....Good luck

Marti- Thanks for your tips as well..I do use Fitday and I really love it..it keeps me accountable..good and bad and there has been some of both
I hope to have some computer access that will allow me to communicate to all of you guys.!! I love your scale..what kind is it?? AND I think anytime we are working on weight loss there are going to be times that we regress a bit..it is a part of the process. You will probably loose over 3lbs next week..it is all a part of what drives the motivation..hand in there and know how much you are valued here!!

Sassy--YEAH COLTS..what sport is that ???? LOL

Hello to everyone else and big hugs to all
Old 01-22-2007, 07:14 PM   #29  
ugggg.....

vann--I hear Atlanta is a fun city--my coworker/friend's daughter is there going to an Interior Design School--she loves it so much she is thinking about moving there--of course that's where her boyfriend is, but my friend enjoys going there to visit--says there is alot of interesting things to do. Does your son and mom get along? My son loves my mom--they used to go on trips together and he spent the night there until his upper teens. They went on a daytrip every fall until he started working full time to Skyline Drive to see the colors. The hit alot of historical places, Mt Vernon, Monticello, Frank Lloyd Wrights house in PA.

Sassy--glad your arm is better--I was worried about you!! We got a little snow and none of the freezing rain which made me happy!!

Cristina--I am glad I rejoined WW, I am really enjoying it. Have fun!!

Jane-smooches back at you!! Because of the weather DD & gf didn't come out though he needs to--he has a splinter that is getting sore and DH is the master at removing splinters. The boss at his new company is sending to a local technical school for Heating and AC certification. Cool huh!!

Marti-"BAM!" you can do it!!

Tammy--I haven't watched Brothers and Sisters, I saw Rob Lowe joined the cast. It replaced my show Grey's Anatomy when it moved from Sundays to Thursdays. It's funny, I heard that Rob Lowe was considered for Patrick Dempsey's role as McDreamy on Grey's--I would bet he is kicking himself.

Jodi-My DD is turning 20 in June and DS will be 22 on April Fools Day!! Her latest order gets delivered tomorrow--she likes their foundations and eyeshadows and has been using the eyeliner since high school. She also bought the Steelers NFL throw.

Rough day today at work--busy and all sorts of problems--I was going to go to the gym but I am mentally exhausted and my eye is twitching!! Everyone have a great nite!!
Old 01-22-2007, 09:41 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 205/193/155

Ok, so I was a bit bummed this morning... had my weigh in- gained 1 pound. But then I got to considering the fact that I just started TOM and that usually causes about 3 pound gain, so maybe I am really down 2. haha
I started thinking about the positives to try and get my mind off of number.

1. I ate a lot of salad last week (I love salad, but never really eat it much)
2. I actually ate fruits (something I NEVER do)
3. I walked- on purpose -3 times last week
4. I stayed on plan!

Soooo.... I am NOT giving up. I am expecting a great wl next week to make up for this. Our leader made us all promise to earn 1 point this week for exercise. Everyone agreed that was doable. So I went hunting again for my misplaced "Walk Away the Pounds" tape and finally found it and did the 1 mile tonight. I was really proud of myself, and really that is what this is all about.

HELLO TO EVERYONE!

Jodi
Closed Thread