Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2001, 09:56 AM   #16  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default Happy Tuesday!

Well, I tried to write a nice long posting the other nite ... was just about done and this dumb computer decided to “shut down” - everything gone - lost! So I got mad and went to bed! This computer is great when it is working but it has a little “glitch” in it - every now and then it just shuts down! When we come home this trip I am dropping it off to my friends and see if he can figure the problem out! It’s very frustrating!

CH: I am so proud of you ... you are going to make it all the way this time! Speaking of rain ... it has been raining up here in Gaylord for 3 weeks straight! We are trying to get our cement work finished before the snow flies, but this darn rain just does not quit! We’ve even had snow already!

Judy: It’s good to hear you are doing things with your friends and neighbors. You need to be doing that now - keeps your mind occupied and that is good. I bet you will make it this time too on your weight loss ... have fun with the quilting ... Some day, maybe, i will learn to do a quilt. Or maybe I’ll just stick with my knitting and crocheting!

MK: Glad to hear from you ... I bet you are glad to see those tournaments over with! Wow, 3 b’day cakes for your birthday! Happy belated b’day, sorry I missed it.

Slyvia: Sorry to hear about your MIL ... you’re a special person for taking care of her, hope things ease up for you tho.

Sharon: I bet you are having a great time with Tracy. Sorry I didn’t get back with ya before you left , but... it won’t be long and we’ll be having some “buttershots” together again! See ya soon!

Sandy: I don’t have everyone’s email addy here with me at the cabin ... so I will send you what you requested when we get home, ok? Sorry.

Kim: How did your computer turn out? Everything working fine now? Aren’t cmputers so much fun?? LOL Boy, you sure do have your hands full with your Hannah don’t you? She sounds like a real live wire! That ought to be great exercise keeping up with her! Good for you standing up to your friend and saying NO - that was the right thing to do!

Sweet Tooth/Peggy: Welcome back from your trip and way to go on your wt loss! Sounds like you had a great time. I got your updates and will have them posted this Friday. So far so good, I am back OP and hopefully will have a loss to report this week too!

Well, have to run now ... will check back later. Have to put my clothes away (went to laundromat yesterday) and write out bills! YUK! Have a great day everyone!

Love, CJ
Old 10-16-2001, 03:40 PM   #17  

Hello Everyone!!
Had a crazy weekend. We had a camping Samboree in Paducah, KY schedule for months. We were to leave Thursday. Then my little one Christian who is in Kindergarden they decided to have field trip to a pumpkin patch. So she begged and pleaded to go. So hubby left. I stayed one more day. When I picked her up, they had canceled it due to rain. So we made the 3 1/2 trip behind a state trooper all the way down who actually did the speed limit! Of course it rained all weekend so I didn't get to go to the craft show and food tasting in Paducah. But we had a local entertainment group come in Friday then a Barber Shop group Saturday and a Mark Twain one man show. ( I liked, but hubby did not).

Sassy-Kolika is my Hawaiian name for "Doris". I lived there 3 years where my oldest daughter was born. She came back one year from a visit with my name on this keychain. She said she thought it was more appropriate and looked like me (I'm half Japanese) so I been using it since. My parents live near the airport, so I'm always going through Columbus. - Of course it's Halloween and I just read in Columbus there is a haunted bridge!

Kim-Well needless to say I remember I put my head through the kitchen chair too. But I wish I was as young as Hannah was. I was 12 so I usually get to relieve that one, when someone remembers!!!! Also watch the bunkbed if you have one. Those are consider a dangerous piece of furniture for children!

Jo-have fun in Las Vegas!! It's been several years since I've been there. But watch all those food places. Since food is cheap it is so easy to eat more than needed!!!

To everyone else--Gotta love the rain I guess--better than the drought we had a few years ago!!!

Have a happy day
kolika
Old 10-16-2001, 07:49 PM   #18  

Wink Seems like ages since I have been here

Whew, I think things have finally slowed down at work. They have hired a new gal and this week I am training her and then I will be back to my regular 3 days a week which is just fine with me.
My hubby was going to retire next year when he turned 59. But IBM offered hin such a great buyout that he decided to take it. So as of Nov.1st. he will be retired.I hope we don't get in each others way....LOL He plans to go to our grandkids school and volunteer to be a mentor. He would be good at that.
I am still going to the gym as often as I can with this schedule, but I miss going to some of the classes.
It has been cool and rainy here too. Just the kind of weather that makes one want to curl up with a good book. Anyone read any good ones lately?
My computer kind of crashed so I got a new one and a new email address I am no longer on AOL. I got a free year with msn.

Sam....It is hard to believe that Charlotte is already 6 months old. What is a naming day?

Jo....Have fun in Vegas and win lots. But don't take it all. Save some for me when I go in Nov.

Kim...Yep, them little ones will keep you hopping and jumping and running and etc etc. But enjoy it as they grow up so fast.

Chrissy....Nice chatting with you the other day. Sorry your mom is getting worse with her memory. Gad you are doing so well in your classes. Glad I was able to download aol I.M so we can chat.

C.J.....Thanks for your help. I will be watching for an email from you with the addresses.

M.K......Happy Belated Birthday.

Sorry I missed it.

Judy....You sure are keeping yourself busy with lunches and movies etc. It keeps your mind off things I am sure. Did you quilt before or just start? I know you do other needlework so thought maybe you had quilted.

Sylvia...Very sorry to hear about your MIL. You are a special gal to pitch in as you are doing. Do you take meds for your anxiety attacks?

SweetTooth.....Were you at all frightened when you went on your trip to the Middle East? Happy belated 31st. anniversary. I like London. So much to do and so many places to see. Haven't been there in about 12 years so I am sure it is different now.

CH....Way to go girl. Keep up the good work and stay O.P.

So off I go to take a nice hot bath and relax. Remember to pray for our country and our troops that are at war now. Love to all....Sandi
Old 10-18-2001, 03:14 PM   #19  

Hello again, seems like I posted on the wrong thread, wondered where everyone was, thought I had scared you all away, thanks CJ for putting me right. I have had a very successful week and I'm quite looking forward to my weigh in on Saturday. How sad is that when the highlight of the week is getting on a pair of scales!!
Speak to you all again
Old 10-21-2001, 03:25 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 254.2/238/135

Height: 5' 4"

Hi friends,

First, anyone that has my e-mail address, please write me and let me know yours. When I had to redo what ever I did to the 'puter, it wiped out my addresses. I thought I had them written down some where but can't find them.

The good thing about all this is the computer is working right again. I've got sound, my scanner is working, and I'm getting my e-mails again!!!

I thought technology was supposed to make life easier Anyway, it's working.

Hannah is settleing down some. I don't know what got into her for that week or two, but hopefully, some of the energy is gone. At least for while! Unfortunatly, I think the reason is, she hurt herself getting off our bed Tues (or was it Wed) night. She usually has no trouble, but was a little too close to her dad's nightstand, and when she went to slide off (feet first, laying on tummy) the bed, she caught the corner of the stand with her left side. I think it's a good thing that it's kind of curved instead of a pointy corner, like mine is. Poor thing has three good size ugly bruises and is sooo tender. If she con't to be this fussy, and painful, got to get her x-rays on Mon. to be on the safe side.

Had my annual physical Tues. and everything seems fine. Unfortunatly, the weight went up two pounds. I know the prob is I don't drink water (hardly at all), and we have been very tight on money, and I'm buying what I know hubby and hannah will eat, and it is not always the best for me to lose weight with. Plus, I eat supper with him at night, around midnight. He works seconds, and eats supper then, but he doesn't go to bed until like 4 or 5 in the morning. Me, I try to be asleep by 2.

guess that's all for now. Hannah is awake, and I'm going to go and try to rock her back to sleep. Most of the time, she can cry/fuss herself back to sleep without a lot of trouble, but the last few nights she hasn't been able too. I think it's her side still bothering her.

Kim
Old 10-22-2001, 01:41 AM   #21  

Hello ladies!

Just popping in to say a quick hello. Can I say that I hate the month of October for this year? I think I mentioned that my Mother in law suffered a stroke on the first well, her brother had a stroke this last Thursday. We haven't told her and have no plans of telling her until she gets better. He's not doing very well, the doctors can't stop the bleeding and it's weakening his heart. Poor Marcel (my husband) is trying to be strong but it's hard.

The good news is, all of this is making us realize that we need to eat very healthy. Hopefully, something good will come out of all of this.

It's almost 11pm and I'm still doing laundry ... spent most of the day running between hospitals. Oh well, so much for beauty sleep!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!!

I'll try to post soon ... hopefully with some positive news!!

Sylvia
Old 10-22-2001, 01:50 PM   #22  
Conquering with SBD

I just got back from WI and feel a bit down. Although I lost 1.5 pounds this week, I was hoping to reach my mini-goal of 30 pounds total lost. I'm still stuck at 28.25 pounds lost, another 1.75 pounds to go to the mini-goal. I just thought of it, though, I have surpassed my Thanksgiving challenge goal by.5 pound. Yahoo. Something to cheer about, anyway.

aivlys - So sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. It puts so much extra work and stress on you to try to manage both your job and the extra burden at home. That's on top of the worry about her health. Take care of yourself, too, so that you don't get sick yourself.

KimV - I have been reading about your struggles with Hannah and feeling for you. You are such a good parent and she needs your love so much. I'm glad that she is settling down a bit now. You certainly do need that for a bit to recover some strength, yourself.

cherrycoke - OK, OK, how did the weigh-in go on Saturday. I'm waiting to hear how well you did this past week.

Sandi - Our trip to Qatar was uneventful, for the most part. We left there two days before the bombing started. However, there was an increase in air traffic over the 2 weeks that we were there. Our hotel was right beside the American air base there, so the planes were flying all night. One of the other Canadians that I met there said that there were a lot more planes around than the month before. I had nothing to measure it on, except that the noise kept me awake all night. The country, itself, if very safe and was a pleasure to visit.

CJ - It is so good to see that you are on the way down once again. Keep it up for another week. I will send my weekly stats to you before Friday. Thanks so much for your encouragement. I really appreciate it.

Gotta run now. Hubby just phoned and told me he was waiting for me to come for lunch. Have a great week, everyone. Bye.
Old 10-25-2001, 10:39 AM   #23  
Mother Hen

Default WHERE HAS EVERYBODY GONE?

Just because I don't post very often doesn't mean the rest of you can get away with it! Get on back in here and let us know how you all are doing.

Jo, when you are out of town the group just falls apart! Hurry home! I think you post more often than most of us and I for one really miss you!

Guess what! Last Saturday I fell in love! I went out looking at new cars and found just what I wanted! It's not brand new but looks like it is. Even smells new! A program car with 39,000 miles, a '98 Nissan Altima, silver with blue-gray interior, new tires, loaded with all the bells and whistles I could have ever dreamed of. But the best part of all, I only paid $8500.00 and my two old clunkers. I'm so proud of myself!

I've paid off all my bills and bought myself a car and I still have enough money left out of the insurance money to have my house remodeling finished. And to think Cal didn't even know that the company carried a policy on him! Somebody up there is sure looking out for me! I must not be such a bad old broad after all!

I went to Hobby Lobby last week and bought a latch-hook rug to make. Their kits were on sale for half price, and you all know I just can't pass up a bargain. It is sure turning out to be pretty. Does anyone know how to finish off the back once I get it finished? I would like to put it on the floor but I don't like the idea of anyone walking on it! Hanging it on the wall is out of the question. There won't be any wall space left after I get all my cross-stitch pieces framed and hung. I'm moving on Girls, keeping myself busy!

Speaking of moving.......Time to get myself dressed and go see what WalMart has to offer today! LOL

Hugs, Judy
Old 10-25-2001, 12:50 PM   #24  
Long Lost Chickie

Hi Ho! It's me! Poor Jo. Still poor ... but happy. Judy, thanks for missing me! But I've been back in town since about midnight last Thursday. I just have not had one single moment to catch up with all of you. Not that there've been many posts. Come on you guys! You know I miss you all. Actually, I have been coming in to read but haven't had time to write.

Anyway, the trip to Las Vegas: Vegas and the hotel, etc. were WONDERFUL!!!! The Philadelphia Airport was a living breathing nightmare!! We spent hours in lines, several of which were the WRONG lines (we found out after about a half an hour), the personnel were all nasty and surly, the construction was horrible, the shuttle bus showed up only when it really wanted to, etc. etc. etc. Now I understand the need for security as much as the next guy but come on!!! McCarran Airport in LV was efficient and quick and still safe and secure. Phila's got the reputation for being one of the worst in the country and I can vouch for that!

Ah, but the trip itself was (did I mention) WONDERFUL!!! No, we didn't win millions (or even thousands) but had a great time. The hotel was very nice, people were friendly, the weather was absolutely gorgeous and there were less crowds than there might have been which made it even nicer. My only complaint is how quickly the week went! Oh, and another teeny tiny little complaint ... Saturday weigh-in. Actually, it wasn't as bad as it could have been I guess but it follows the week after I had another gain so that's two weeks in a row. Wasn't I the one who said I wouldn't have any more gains for the rest of the year?? Humph!

Well, I'm back on track. Actually, last Saturday was our first class in the area's new WW center. No more meeting at the VFW which is a little sad but the new center's so nice and new and clean, etc. Only problem is there are just rows of chairs and no big round tables for us to sit at and gab. Hm, could they be telling us something? Another good thing is that this center has an express meeting at 7AM on Friday mornings which will work out great if I have to miss Saturday's meeting for a trip or something. I can stop on my way to work.

Whew! I've gotten long-winded rather quickly haven't I? Judy, sounds like things are going well for you. I'm so glad. "New" car sounds great!! Nothing like a new set of wheels! And a great deal too!

Well, have to go now. Almost lunch time and today that means errands. Have to pick up a print job at the local printer for the boss but I've decided to do that on company time. That's fair, right? No more being taken advantage of! It's not like this company appreciates it anyway.

Hope to hear from all of you guys soon! Now that I'm back to reality, etc. I guess I should get involved with the weekly updates, Thanksgiving challenge, small success thread and maybe a few others (Christmas? End of the year?).

Meanwhile, have a great day!
Much love, Jo.
Old 10-26-2001, 12:35 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 254.2/238/135

Height: 5' 4"

hi

just been a bad day all around. chad and i are fighting over a bill i didn't pay on time. but it got paid. it was a combination of an oversight on my part, using the money for another bill (my gas bill is more important to me than the stupid satallite), having to get car ins. (got cancelled due to chad's 3 wrecks, and 2 tickets in the last 3 yrs), and of course needed groceries. anyway, chad got mad at me, took all the money to work with him--or so i thought. didn't go to work. put money down for a tattoo of hannah he's getting done on sat. and bought a basketball goal. just getting the utilities caught up, now this. he gets mad and accuses me of not paying bills, but i can't pay them if he doesn't go to work. i can't talk to him about it as he get angry, and 'goes off.'

the only "good thing" the last two days of so is chad is going to therapy, and has been diagnosed with bipolar (aka manic/depression). anyway, he's going to start some new meds, and con't with therapy. if he doesn't do this, i don't think i can con't to stay with him. hannah needs a more stable home. i grew up in an abusive home, and she's not going to live anywhere close to how i did. (no--chad is not physically abusive. before hannah, we both used to be verbally abusive to each other at times, but we have realized that doesn't solve anything).

anyways, i'm bummed, needless to say. i go from anger at him, to crying and wishing he would decide not to come home. hopefully, things will get better.

going to go. he's been sleeping, and is stirring now, and don't feel like listening to him complain about me being on the computer. don't need anymore today.

kim
Old 10-26-2001, 11:02 AM   #26  
Long Lost Chickie

{{{KIM}}} It probably won't help you to know that I've heard that the one thing that most couples fight about the most is money. Sorry you're having such a rough time but it's good to know that he's going to therapy and on prescription drugs. Hopefully, that will help. My ex was abusive both physically and (mostly) verbally and emotionally. I know how it is. I used to love it when he worked nights and I worked days because I never saw him. But you've got Hannah to worry about too and that makes it tougher. Hang in there. I'll be thinking of you. My email is [email protected]. Write if you want to "talk".

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here wondering why it's not the weekend yet. Why is it the week after you get back from vacation is sooooo long??? I just want to go home to bed. Haven't been sleeping well lately. Good thing we get an extra hour this weekend!

Public service announcement: Twice a year when you adjust your clocks for daylight savings time/standard time, you should change the batteries on your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.

Off my soapbox now...

I'm obsessing about weigh-in tomorrow. (Oh well, there's a shocker, eh?) But it's what I do and I'm hoping it won't be bad. Didn't get my walk in last night as usual and I really missed it. Unfortunately, I did go to the VFW for a beer or two and if I didn't do that, I'd miss that too. Tried sitting there drinking only Diet Coke but then the caffeine keeps me awake all night. Hmm, what to do, what to do?? Hope that now that it's getting colder and will be getting dark earlier, I'll just want to stay home and do some crafts or something. How's that for trying to look at the bright side of approaching winter?

Well, I made the mistake of walking over to the other side of the department and saw all the cakes and danish and stuff they have over there. Now my stomach's growling. Hoping there are some fat free pretzels in the vending machine. And all that salt will force me to drink more water. Hm, this could work.

Off I go. Hope you all have a good one.
Much love, Jo.
Old 10-26-2001, 11:14 AM   #27  
CJ

Default I'm home now ...

Hello everyone - we're back home now for a little bit ... cabin and fifth wheel is all closed up and winterized ... had to do it all in the snow! Yes, you heard me - was snowing up north yesterday (2nd time this year already)! And it was getting colder and colder - it's good to be home, if only for a while. We'll be leaving again on the 8th or 9th (haven't decided yet) for our trip to Kansas for our daughter's wedding on the 17th - with a stop first to spend a couple days with Sharon! Can't wait - Sharon, we'll be there soon! I have soooooo much to do today but am feeling lazy! But, I had better get busy and do something! Have many things to do before leaving ... and time flies so fast! We'll be going back up to the cabin after the Kansas trip for a couple more weeks - then home for a couple months.

Kolica: Congrats on those 2 lbs you lost! Good job. I posted the new stats this morning - you got a smiley!

Sweet Tooth: You too! Way to go! And already you made your Thanksgiving goal! That's great!

Judy: You go girl! Keep yourself busy that's the thing to do! You are doing so well ... Glad to see you posting a lot with us too - I think you may have me beat! LOL

Jo: Sounds like you had a lot of fun in Vegas - isn't it great there in October. That is when we used to always go - Not too hot, Not too cold! Yes, I think you should get in our updates too girl ... And I will let you start the small successes thread since it is your idea ... speaking of small sucessess - we were in the store last week and I had the craving (don't get choc cravings often) for chocolate covered raisins (Our grocery store in Gaylord has the biggest, greatest choc covered raisins) ... well, I even had them in the bag (you scoop your own) and was looking for the tag you put on the bag for checkout ... could not find any ... by the time I finally found one, I decided that I wanted to get into the 160's more than those raisins .. so I put the bag down and walked away! Now, was that a small success or what???!!!

Slyvia: Hang in there sweetie, things will get better ... I believe God only gives us what we can handle ... prayers for you and hubby and his mother and uncle.

Kim: So sorry to hear of your hubby problems too .. hang in there, I'm sure things will get better, especially if your hubby can get meds for his condition. They really do help ... but whatever your choices are, whatever you do, YOU CAN DO IT and everything will work out.

Sharon: It's almost that time girl! I'm so excited to see you guys again! And maybe, just maybe, I may have a little surprise to show you when we come ... we'll see (that'll keep ya guessing won't it?) Talk to ya soon!

Gail: Where are you girl? Miss your posts. Hope everything is ok with you. Miss you!

Well, maybe after xmas I will "rejuvinate" our website some. I need to update the birthday page and the monthly page ... does anyone go there anymore? Any suggestions on something you would like to see on our webpage that we don't have? Are you interested in a private chat room for our group? OR: who has icq? all you oldies remember how we used to always get together on icq for chats? That was so much fun ...

Well, later girls ... got to go and get something done. Talk to ya all later...

Love, CJ
Old 10-26-2001, 12:56 PM   #28  
CJ

Hmmmm ... wouldn't ya know it ... Now that I have time to post no one is around ... ok ... guess I will go shopping.

Love, CJ
Old 10-26-2001, 12:57 PM   #29  
CJ

I am feeling in a devilish mood today ... haven't done this one in a long time....

Here goes...
Old 10-26-2001, 12:58 PM   #30  
CJ

STOP!! This is the last post on this thread …. Please go to THE THIN GROUP #65

Love, CJ

hee hee hee!
Closed Thread