Old 01-23-2007, 07:27 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello All,
Well, we had a sunny day here in Colorado We got all the way up to 35 degrees too so that was a real heat wave!! Of course they are already tracking 2 more storms for the weekend! I just went out on our porch and took this picture of Pikes Peak. The sun was still on it and it looked so pretty. I just wanted to share.

I did watch the WATP DVD today and I'm going to start that tomorrow. I hope to just add it to what I'm already doing. AND if I can do all 3 workouts on the DVD that is equal to 5 miles! YEA!! Guess we'll see how it goes and just try to push through it.

Hope all is going good for everyone and I'll try to get back here later this evening to see what's happening. Karen

Last edited by Karen31; 03-17-2008 at 06:34 PM.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:00 PM   #92  
I believe in miracles

S/C/G: 212/212/130

Height: 5'1

Hello Ladies

Hey has anyone heard of the extreme makeover diet Its the 6 week body makeover I've been reading about that, what do you guys think of it?

Nice Pics Noelle, the twins are cute.

I did get back to the gym, did 45 minutes on the treadmill and some strength training. I'm moving about 3.5 miles away from where I am now. Now my gym is going to be farther away. I'm going to try not let that stop me.

I everyone has a good day. Drink lots of water today, go for 100oz today.
sapphire35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:00 PM   #93  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies, I've been busy with just cleaning stuff up around the house and the office. I donated a whole box of used toys to the school for a carnival they are having next week. I hope my son doesn't bring any back home

Trish, I have only "heard" about the EM diet--Michael Thurmond right? I don't know much about it but from what I've seen on the show, it takes off pounds fast and tones you right up with the exercise. Good job on getting to the gym and working out.

Karen, you two and all your at home exericse, you guys are really rockin' it. I can't wait to have this knee surgery so I can get back exercising. I hate that I have pain in my knee almost all the time. I didn't think I'd miss exercising so much That is a spectacular view you have from your home, it looks so serene.

Dips, hope you got your financial aid $$ worked out.

Angie, hope your days are getting smoother too.

Kempy, where are you hiding? Are you OK?

Hi Cal and cw

did I miss anyone else?

Is there anyone else watching American Idol this season?
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:23 PM   #94  

Hi There,
Gee, Noelle you sound like you have really been busy. Almost gets me in the mood for "Spring Cleaning" if I could get rid of all the snow!!
I did get a workout in with the WATP video today, but I only did the first 2 programs, whcih equal 3 miles. And I did my 100 crunches and did 25 minutes on the treadmill (1.10 miles) I think that the DVD that I got may be a little to intense for my "Beginner Body" so I ordered another one that I think was the first one in her series. I just hope I see a loss on the scale this Friday!

And I also LOVE American Idol..

Well, I hope everybody is doing good this evening. I'll check back later tonight.
Karen
Old 01-25-2007, 05:25 PM   #95  
so close, yet so far...

Hello ladies, how's everyone doing today? I am at work but I am wishing I was at home. It's almost time for lunch though I have been having a hard time w/wanting to munch...sweet or salty stuff, with this darn TOM it makes it difficult. I've been relying on the Smartpop microwave popcorn and the Healthy Choice fudge bars. I have gotten rid of most of the leftover b-day cake so that's a relief. I feel like I am retaining water too so I don't look forward to WI on Saturday. I am volunteering to work for a school function this weekend as well so I am going to be busy.

Karen, did you catch American Idol last night? I was at a meeting so I missed it. How were the people of NY? Any new shining stars ya think?

Hello to everyone else. Come on out and say hi.

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 01-26-2007 at 11:08 AM.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:39 AM   #96  

Well, I was a little disappointed when I got on the scales this morning and only had a 1 pound loss But I guess one pound is better than none so I'll take it. I am now making sure that I'm getting at least a half gallon of water through the day and I ordered the other DVD from WATP that has the Get Up and Get Started on it. I think it has 3 workouts on it too. I'm hoping to be able to do all 3 of those, my ab lounge and 25 minutes on the treadmill. And then if I have any energy left I want to do the first 2 workouts on the WATP DVD that I already have. So that would equal about 10 miles of walking each day. Hopefully that will do something. Ifthat doesn't work better than I think I'm going to try to look at something different than Slimfast.

I did watch American Idol and it was pretty weird!! As always-- One of the contestants wouldn't take No for an answer and security had to come and "help" him leave!! At this point I have no opinion on any of the ones that they have chosen to go through. I really wanted to see the show from Nashville but ended up missing that one.

Well, guess I'd better get going. I need to run to the vets. office and get Sissy's rabies tag engraved on the back with name, address and info. Then run into Woodland Park and get gas while it is down at $1.83!!!

I'll check back later to see how everyone is doing.
Karen
Old 01-26-2007, 05:18 PM   #97  
so close, yet so far...

Hello ladies, I am back from my WI and I was UP .8 lbs, not quite a whole pound, but still up . I am not too disappionted though, because I did eat a whole lot of foods which were indulgences w/Michael's birthday and all... oh well, all I can do is continue on and stay on track right? I'm journaling my food so that's an improvement from times past.

Karen, celebrate the 1 lb loss It's better than a gain anyday.

Well I am trudging away at work, nothing exciting here. Any plans for the weekend? We may go to the movies tonight.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:49 AM   #98  

Hello Everyone

Yesterday I took Ashley to see Disney on Ice. I really like their shows. This one was called "A Disneyland Adventure" and it was about the Parr family (aka The Incredibles) going on vacation to Disneyland. We had row 1 seats and it was great. Ashley loved it.

This has been a fairly relaxing weekend. I don't get these very often. I've just been enjoying being home, playing games with Ashley, and playing outside with Tucker.

I paid off our cruise for this summer...one of the hardest checks I've had to write. I also bought our airline tickets to Seattle. I'm looking forward to this trip, but I told Alberto that I still wish we were going back to Europe this summer. I am already starting to save up for next year though.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:34 AM   #99  
so close, yet so far...

Hey ladies, just winding down on a Sunday evening. I made a baked salmon filet in the oven and just threw together some shrimp cocktail (easy, tasty and so low in points!) and Rick made a huge BBQ brisket outside on the grill. I stayed away from that. I am doing pretty good with the weekends now, instead of snacking away all day I am planning my meals and having fresh fruits and veggies around the house. I also try to stay busy so I'm not always thinking about when my next meal will be

Cal, is this the cruise you will be taking with the whole family? That will be so much fun. We haven't thought about what vacation we will do this year, but I know Rick and I will hit Las Vegas at least once, alone. We were talking about going to MN just to go somewhere different, I always wanted to check out the Mall of America!!! I want it to be during the summer though, none of this winter weather for me! I haven't been to a Disney ice show in a long time, glad you guys enjoyed.

Well, hope we have some regulars pop in tomorrow...
Old 01-29-2007, 12:09 PM   #100  

Hey guys. I am sorry i have been MIA. We went home for a week and then I was still dealing with the sale of the house all last week. They were going to wire the equity from the house to me but the bank gave me the wrong number fir them to send it so I was in a mad dash trying to get that covered by Friday afternoon. I had to pay taxes and that was the money I was going to use. Now, everything is done and as of today at 10:30 the new owers have it. I did stop by there last week and pick up the potted pants that I had to leave behind (no Noelle and Cal, not pot plants) The didn't make it with out me there to care for them so I dumper them and took the pots with me. I feel much better now that that is all done.

I don't have time to read all of the posts but I do see we have 2 new people. Hi to you!
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:53 PM   #101  
so close, yet so far...

Hey Kempy, glad to have you back! You must be so relieved to have your house sold. I know the new owners will be really happy too, that house was really nice. So how ya been?

Yes we have some new members on this thread, I had to go out recruiting because I was talking to myself when you guys disappeared! Hmmm, if no one bothers to come around I may just have to move house. I've been posting on the WW thread but here it really feels like family, ya know?
Old 01-29-2007, 10:44 PM   #102  

Hello Everyone,
I got the stroller for the "girls" today Now if it ever quits snowing we will be ready to get in some serious walking outside!! I also got the new Walk Away The Pounds DVD today so I can add those to my routine that I already have going. I'm really hoping that by the time that it gets nice enough to use the stroller I won't look like a goodyear blimp pushing it!! Ginger and Sissy aren't to sure about it yet but I think once they have been around it a bit and realize they are going somewhere when they are in it they will be excited about it.

Sure hope everyone is having a good evening and I was just excited about getting both the stroller and the new DVD's today!!
Will catch you all tomorrow.
Karen

Last edited by Karen31; 06-08-2008 at 09:18 AM.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:06 PM   #103  

Karen it took me a second to realize who you were talking about. I have "gilrs" too. I have never done those DVD's before. What part of CO are you in? I amon of the original girls here I have had my fair share of leaveing but I always return b/c they are like my family. I hope you grow to love them as much as I do.

Noelle sorry that we left you alone. I know how it sucks to be talking to yourself.

The new owners just call me and told me they love the house. She sounds really nice and I am so happy they like it. I think that she will ne able to appreciate what we have done to it.

I am having someone come out today and look at our yard for a pool. I am wondering how much it is going to run us though. We both have champagne taste on a beer budget so we will ahve to be carfeul. God knows I don't want to ahve to go back to work.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 12:29 PM   #104  

Hi Kempyd, Yean, I have spoiled my "girls" pretty much. But they deserve it. Ginger, the red one, I got from a shelter and Sissy the sable, I rescued from a nasty puppy mill!! But they don't have to worry about anything anymore. I live in a small town, Florissant, it is west of Colorado Springs. We are kind of like on the back side of Pikes Peak just about 10 miles from Cripple Creek. I've always liked it here BUT this year I'm really getting tired of all the snow! We are working on our 8th sraight weekend of snow since they are predicting it again for this weekend. We still have 2 and 3 foot drifts in the yard. I'm hoping that it melts by MAY!!!!

Your house sounds nice. If we had a pool here it would be an ice skating rink!! It would be nice though and we would definitely have the room since we have 5 acres. I love watching the deer and elk that come through here. We have had a few that like to tease the dogs from the other side of the fence and jsut run up and down with them. Pretty funny to watch.

You have a good day.
Karen
Old 01-30-2007, 01:31 PM   #105  
so close, yet so far...

Hey ladies, we are having some crazy weather over here. Yesterday we had wind gusts up to 60 mph and the surf is just crazy big. This morning we woke up to what sounded like a hurricane, the wind was just whipping by and the rain was just coming down in buckets and for a long time. Michael's school is supposed to having a "fun week" and that means outdoors, so I hope this doesn't put a damper on their mini-carnival. The rain let up a little and I saw the sun briefly but I just poked my head outside and it is just pouring again. I'm glad I'm inside w/my Starbucks.

OK I have to confess that I am getting very nervous about my knee surgery next Monday. Not the actual procedure but just the recovery afterward, like, how long will I be off my feet? Will my knee ever feel normal again? When can I get back to exercise??? This is killing me that I am doing WW again but not really able to work off some extra calories to lose faster. I guess I have to ask the doctor at my next appt. come Friday. *sigh* I hate having this anxiety.

Karen, that stroller is too cute. My friend's dog has one and for the life of her, she wouldn't walk if she didn't have to, she hates the leash. I don't even think she knows she's a dog! Your girls have beautiful coats, you must spend a lot of time brushing them out. Have you tried your new DVD yet? Your 5 acres sounds great, so does watching the wildlife.

Kempy, how big of a yard do you guys have to put a pool in? I would love a hot tub on the side too. When I used to housesit for my boss that's all I would use, usually at night Have you met any other neighbors or neighborhood dogs?

I have to get a jump on work, I have to phone in a payment before 9am or it'll be late. Chat more later.