Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 12:25 PM   #31  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Shelley ~ I have to agree with our resident teen about the birthday gift. I would wait until her actual birthday...Patty should be more than happy with the bag! Shoot, I'm sure there are more than a few of us here who would be more than happy with a bag like that!

Gayle ~ Sounds to me like you need some sleep and some quality "me time"! I hope you're feeling better soon!

Sherry ~ It's great to have you back!

Happy New Year Floozies! Here's to a happy, healthy, successful new year to us all!
Old 12-31-2006, 02:02 PM   #32  

Shelley I think that it should be a birthday surprise, wait til the day. Her Mommy loves to spoil her. Awesome purse, you have great taste! What are you going to do when they are adults?

Gayle I am sending you a big hug. I wish that you were feeling better. I feel privilege that you share with us how you are honestly feeling. Like Sherry said it sucks but there is worst off. That is what I do is think about how lucky I am and if you think about it do the math our blessings out weigh the bad.
No new car yet, we just don’t know what to get. The onley thing that I wanted Larry to look for is one that is a little more energy efficient. He wants comfort and all the gadgets.
Have you heard any more about your friend? I hope that she is doing a bit better.
I was planning on a real big meal for today but we have just been none stop eatting so we decided to go a little lighter. I am going to make wonton sprimp, strawberry almond salad (it has spinach, romaine lettuce, mandarin oranages with a homemade raspberry vinaigrette), and a gourmet pizza (homemade crust with roast red and yellow peppers, red onions marinated in balsamic vinegar with italian sausage) wine and lemon cake with lattes.

Suzy yes things are done very differently here. It is soo slow. The good thing is most things are covered and we don’t pay insurance for doctors, operations etc. We do have to pay 20% for the dentist but Larry’s work covers the rest of the bill.

Vouge I am glad that you are motivated again. Keep it up it helps incourage the rest of us. I use my MP3 player all the time when I walk and work out. I hope that you will really put it to the test.
How is that new little baby doing?

Allison way to go on the 1/2 pound down. It all adds up. I hope that DD will be able to do her test on Tuesday.

Sherry I am so glad that you are back with us. Spend some me time today and some Wayne time too. I am glad that things are looking up.

I hope that this New Year will bring many happy times memories. May you all be blessed.

Have a Hppy New Year.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:00 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

Happy New Year everyone!! Hope everyone has a a happy and "losing" 2007!!!

We are going out tonight, to a very nice place, reservations at nine. They time dinner so we get dessert after midnight. Should be a fun night, but tired tomorrow! Rob also has Tuesday off, due to it being a national day of mourning for Pres. Ford. He is happy for the extra day, but saddened why he has it off.

Vouge how is that little baby doing? Also, after things calm down from the holidays, we will "chat" about school, financial aid and all that. I haven't forgotten!

Shelley, if you daughter doesn't want the bag......seriously, it is beautiful!

Dee, hope you hear from the dr. soon and get your appointment. Things are really different there. Good luck finding the perfect new car!

Gayle, hope you are feeling better, take some me time and do what you want to do!

Allison, hope your DD can take the test Tuesday.

Sherry, any decisions on the classes?

Happy New Year Floozies!
Old 12-31-2006, 05:17 PM   #34  
Losing it!

I wrote this earlier on my desk top and am doing the copy & paste thing in case I lose internet quickly! Happened as I was writing this a few minutes ago. Sorry it is all a jumble, but wanted to let you guys know you may lose me for a few days.

Shelley, would you adopt me please? I would LOVE to have a bag like that! I have never owned a purse costing more then the double digits. I think she should like it, it is very young and hip looking. I agree with Suzy, wait until her birthday, it will make it more special.

I rested and I am still cranky!!! LOL! I know life is just catching up to me and I also know with any job there is the good & the bad, I also know it's not just me when there are about 5 other employees ready to leave too. In fact, we hired 4 new employees this past 1.5 months and all have quit after a few days. The longest made it 2 weeks.
We had an ice storm hit here! Most of our city is shut down with no electricity. You know it has to be bad when it shut down Walmart and the grocery stores! I will try going back to town later today to see if I can pick up a few groceries somewhere. We were without internet and television service up until a few minutes ago. If I disappear for a few days you know it's because of the storm and we lost electricity etc. Tree's are covered with ice and broken down everywhere. Luckly, I think we are going to get through it without any damage to the property.

Sher, I'm glad to see you back and I really do hope you realize you have some dear friends here who love & miss you while your gone. I'll change my Santa ASAP! LOL!

Dee & Janice, are you guys ok? I just read on the net Canada was getting hit bad with a storm.

Well, I'm going, best wishes to all of my friends for a great 2007, I will check in later if I can.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:30 PM   #35  

Gayle-Please stay safe.

I ended up giving her the purse, and of course we were back to the store today, where she traded it for a different one (actually cheaper!) Then we went to the Coach outlet so she could get a matching wallet. She thought the purse looked "old lady." The person at the counter thought she was crazy because it's been one of the top sellers since the day after Christmas, which was when they were allowed to put it out.

I am off Tuesday also, so I am happy about that.

Too All My Floozie Friends:

HAPPY NEW YEAR, AND MAY THE UPCOMING YEAR BE ONE OF JOY AND HEALTH!!!
Old 12-31-2006, 06:22 PM   #36  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

Baby is great. he was supossed to be born orginonally today but he has gotten so much bigger , and cuter. His hair always sticks up and it fuzzy so i call him FUZZ. Hes got some monster feet too and long legs . his premie clothes are too small for him now. Oh and you should see the way he lifts his head. he soemtiems holds his head on his own then rests it again and yesterday he was trying to turn over I swear. he was putting his foot under his other and trying to flip over. I tell ya he is trying to grow up way too fast.

dee- I workout eveyrday or try to woth my cdplayer but its so bulky I cant wait for the mp3. you gunna luagh but I acually stick the cd player in my bra while im working out cause i have no where else to put it.

lYnn- Thats greta. Im only a sophmore but I have enough credits to be a junior if I wanted , but I am going to take dual enrollment and get some free college.

Gayle- where do you work? that storm sounds nasty be safe....

shelly- I guess that she liked the newer one is important but thats pretty selfish in my own mind. but have a happy new year!
Old 12-31-2006, 07:13 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Gayle--I hope you don't lose electricity! Ice storms have got to be the worst. I hope your job stress lessens. Maybe the bums you work with that cause all the problems will get canned!

Shelley--wow that is a nice bag! Too bad she thought it was too old for her. I stopped into Coach to look at a present for my SIL and ended up leaving. I just didn't want to spend that much! Very pretty bags, though.

Dee--may we ALL lose in 2007!

Cheryl--any decisions on classes yet?

Debbi--sounds like you'll have a very nice New Year's Eve. We're staying in tonight.

vogue--I hope whatever job you get works out okay for you. I know it's hard to understand why managers have to be so buggy about things. My DD has the same problem at times. She's a hostess and when no one is coming in to be seated, she likes to help the servers (serve food, refill drinks, buss tables) and her old manager liked her to do it. Her new manager wants her to stand at attention at the hostess booth all the time and not help out at all. She gets so confused!

We'll I'm down another half a pound today, but have so strength at all. I was so wiped out yesterday that I tried to take a nap and got interrupted twice! I ended up going to bed at 8:00 and was dead asleep by 8:30 and we didn't get up until 8:00!!! Then we had a big breakfast (low fat, high protein). I did a little running around and then the inlaws brought lunch and as soon as I was done, I had to go take another nap. Very weird. I was planning on getting Christmas decorations put away. Perhaps tomorrow.

Tomorrow we're going to PF Chang's for lunch to celebrate FIL and DH's birthdays (FIL is 1/1 and DH is 1/4). I hope everyone has a nice fun and safe new years eve!
Old 01-01-2007, 06:19 AM   #38  

I am down 3 lbs today for my first week of being sugar free and Core. Of course, I was up 2 when I started. Wednesday I have to prep for my colonoscopy, so I have to just drink all clear liquids. That will probably bring me down a few for the 1 day. I always enjoy seeing the number on the scale, even though it is just for a minute.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:27 AM   #39  
Janice

HAPPY NEW YEAR MY FLOOZIE FRIENDS!!!

Old 01-01-2007, 11:15 AM   #40  

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!

Shelley--congrats on the loss, however fleeting it may be!
Old 01-01-2007, 03:12 PM   #41  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

I think it was Vouge who was telling about talking to the pie in the refrigerator and telling it how awful it was because it was full of sugar and fat. This morning there was a segment on the news with a hypnotist (Wendi Friesen) and she was talking about doing something very similar to help lose weight. She was saying every night before you go to bed to picture yourself as you are now with bad eating and exercise habits and all and then "blow them up" in your mind. Then imagine how you want to look in the future (at goal and in shape), imagine yourself working out and enjoying it, eating healthy, all those things that you want to be. She said that it creates a "future memory" and that you will want to become that person. There was more to it, but that's the gist of it. I'm not so sure about the hypnotizing part, but I think there really might be something to the positive thinking...just like Vouge telling the pie that it was full of fat and calories and that she wasn't going to eat it and she didn't. Definitely something to think about...
Old 01-01-2007, 03:33 PM   #42  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

thats so funny cause thats something I just did one day. I dont know I have a lot of time and I do some werid things like that sometimes, I have a very silly peronality like yesterday i spent 20 minutes trying to fit my body into a laundry basket and I said by june I want to fit in the laundry basket. It was just a werid thing. I do that everynight thought. i dream off of being 125 lbs and doing things im not coniftent enough of right now like going to the beach and havig fun rather than being worried about how I look . Its all psycological. to meight weight loss if 90 percent motivation 10 percent work.

allison- yeah managers suck . I havent started at this mcdonalds but they seem semi normal so well see.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:40 AM   #43  

Debi how was your big night. It sounds like you know how to have a good time.

Gayle we often get the same weather patterns because I am just north of you, it is just colder up here. We woke up to 14 inches of freshly fallen snow New Year’s Eve. It took us two hours to shovel it out and another two hours for Larry to remove it off of our roof. It was so heavy he didn’t want the extra weight on the roof. We only had one other good snow fall this winter and that was when Larry was in Florida so I had to do all the shoveling. Oh yeah that is right there was one more earlier on and it was when Larry was in New Jersey. I am sure glad that he was home for this one.

Shelley I hope that you enjoy your day off today. What are you going to do? I am glad that you and Patty were able to get a purse that she liked. Is she going to use it before her birthday.
How often do you go for a colonoscopy? I hope that everything shows good.
It is so hard to get off the sugar but once you do it really does show the difference on the scale. I am going to drop the sugar today and wean myself off of sweeteners soon.

Vouge you are right I had to laugh at where you put your cd player. Hey you might as well make the best use of your equipment…..lol
Glad to hear that your nephew isn’t giving you any problems and that he is behaving himself.

Allison congratulations on another ½ pound down. I am going to get my butt in gear and drop a few pounds this month before we go away.

Our dinner turned out great on New Year’s Eve. We finished early enough that we decided to head to the park for the 8:00 fireworks. After that we went over to surprise Larry’s step parents, they were celebrating their 10th anniversary. They had a group of friends over that were jamming so we even had great entertainment. We stayed til 12:30 and then headed home to hop in the Hot Tub. It was so clear out and the almost full moon was shinning down on us, it was just a magical winter night.

Yesterday for New Years Day I took down the Christmas ornaments. In the afternoon we went over to my parents for a big dinner. Almost the whole family made it so it was a good gathering. We won’t be seeing mom and dad now til April as they leave Thursday.

Has anyone tried cayenne pepper capsules? It is suppose to be good for many things. I am trying it to see if it warms me up. I think that it has kicked in today because my hands are really warm. It is also suppose to speed up your metabolism. Hey every little thing counts. I am drinking my green tea yet and so should YOU be. It really works.

Well time to get my swim stuff ready. Have a wonderful day.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:23 PM   #44  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

dee- yeah haha whatever works right? Make use of my assets. Hes great. we went tot hte doctor today. he was born like 4 lbs 6 oz. I think and now hes like 6 lbs 9 oz.s hes six weeks old. Those pepper things sound quite odd.

My brother in law went crazy on new years and bought like a zilion firewors I dont even know how much he epent. when ehe was a kid he wasnt allowed to have fireworks or candy or anything so its always funny when he has new expereinces like one time I think it was 4th of july we made smores and he ate like 15 of them! Hes like omg these are so good I never had these before I was never allowed. and he will buy like 10 boxes of resses puffs cereal and eat like huge bowls at a time. I feel bad for him but its so funny soemtimes.

anyone sticking to their diet so far?
Old 01-02-2007, 12:56 PM   #45  

Dee--I have not taken the cayenne pepper capsules and don't know if they would work or not. My MIL is big on homeopathic remedies and one year I had a terrible chest cold and she had me drinking warm water with cayenne in it. Really caused some heat in the chest/esophogus area! I think the idea is the warmth will break up the congestion. Truthfully, I can't remember that it did much more than give me a warm feeling. But I do know that capsacin (sp?)--the stuff in cayenne--is supposed to boost metabolism. I just don't know how much or how much cayenne you have to take to really do much work. I'd Google it a bit more before you buy.

I didn't get any exercise in this morning--had to take DD to school. I'm off at noon to take her to the DMV for her test......updates later.
Closed Thread