Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 10:04 PM   #31  

Monet-glad you had such a good time! The place on the river is a must for lunch everytime we go to Helen. I usually get the french dip sandwich, but don't know what I'll try if we go this fall. I must go post on the exercise board. I have two days in, but haven't posted yet!
Old 09-08-2006, 08:24 AM   #32  

I got on the scale a few minutes ago and it looks like I'm inching my wa back down. I was back up to 200 last week. On Tuesday I was at 198.5 and this morning it claims 197. I was getting on just hoping to have maintained to 198 for a few days. SO that is encouraging.

My big party is tonight. I'm so excited. Have to figure out how to get the chairs there. I need to go buy plates, cups, napkins. Put together Raffle prizes and favors. I'm going to listen to some trainings online while I do that to get myself 'mentally prepared'.

I skipped dinner last night and then was starving when I got to my meeting. THey had Punch and cookies, but I had a Lara Bar in my purse and a bottle of water. I swear my bar was better than their cookies anyway!!! I'm pretty proud of myself. There were about 30 people there (monthly regional meeting) and by the time I was done talking up the Lara Bars they were all ready to go out and buy some

Monet- Did you say that they have Lara Bars at Costco? I only have a card to Sam's but they don't have them.

BOB- I know how you feel I'm trying not to go back on meds, but I honestly lost on them, too. Maybe I should just for that! I really just can't afford it. My co-pay would be $50 a month and we've got some other expenses lately that were very unexpected. I'm taking a B-complex and ST Johns Wort and it's helping me enough. I jsut started about 10 days ago. I also started taking a good twice a day vitamin pack and I already feel more energy. Now to get my butt back to the YMCA next week...
Old 09-08-2006, 09:52 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies.

Got a 3 mile walk in last night. No one else wanted to go to the gym. We made homemade pizzas. I found those Boboli (sp) ww crusts. I lost the pizza sauce I had bought so had to use spaghetti sauce, put green peppers, onions, mushrooms, olives and jalepenos and a small amount of cheese. They were delish. I have been eating veggie pizzas and really don't even miss the meaty ones.

We are going to an Italian restaurant tomorrow night with some friends from church that we have been trying to get together with all summer. I have checked out their menu on line and have been trying to figure points and what I will have.

I want to go the the local farmer's market tomorrow morning to get some fresh veggies and fruites.

Bob, Guess you will be driving that wagon around now. Seriously, your health should be a priority, being overweight can do so many things to you. This is what we are here for, so come on and get going. We miss the old Bob. Hope this meds work for you.

Moent, glad you had a wonderful time. Sounds like a very relaxing trip. The board just isn't the same without you.

Talitha, good luck tonight. Good job the the loss.

Thin: have a great weekend.

Hope to be back but our boss is taking us to lunch and it is over an hour away, not looking forward to that. I have checked out their menu and plan on having a strawberry salad with pecans and maybe a soup.

Have a great weekend.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:54 AM   #34  

TALITHA: Yes, Costco sells a box of Larabars that is about $18 for 18 bars. It only has cherry, apple and chocolate coconut though. I get it pretty often. And I don't understand why you say they are not organic. I am fairly certain they are. They are ok for raw foodies, and the simple ingredients are very wholesome. I am glad you like them! If you need me to pick you up a box from Costco let me know. I hope your meeting goes well tonight!
Old 09-08-2006, 10:04 AM   #35  

Good morning! Tom is still on vacation, so I am distracted this morning. We had espresso and I ate a bowl of cereal for breakfast. The weather is cooler, so I can now walk later. I intend to walk in a bit...but Tom keeps thinking of things for me to do.

SOLLY: Good for you planning out your points! You will do great. That strawberry salad sounds pretty good!

Well, I need to get off here and get some stuff done. I have a lot going on the next three or four days! I have a baby shower in the morning and I need to finish the present! (a knitted blanket) Then Sunday is a big church event I am supposed to be in charge of, Monday is the first leadership dinner of the year and guess who is cooking....then there is a wedding I am coordinating on Saturday so I have to be there for the rehearsal too...then Sunday we are heading up to North Carolina to spend a few days with Ruth and Erik at his dad's cabin in the mountains.

Later, my friends!
Old 09-08-2006, 05:20 PM   #36  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVERY BUDDY!!

JACKIE...I didn't gain the weight on purpose!!! In fact, I almost fell off the scale when I got up there and got the thing to stop moving!! I got chewed up and spit out yesterday by the Doc...and I NEEDED IT!! I know better...that's the thing, but I swear I hitting rock bottom with my mood and just kept on sinking! My SALVATION??? GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES!!! As you already know, I'm addicted to bread and believe me, I've been knocking out some loaves! BUT...That was yesterday and I've got my grip going...pulling out the new grill that I bought in May but haven't even heated it up and doing up my chicken tomorrow~! I already bought it and everything, and it's in the freezer! The SALMON is in the freezer..both all separated and packaged to just reach in and get which ever out!
I should just let y'all get in a line and knock me around to get some sense in my noggin!

TALITHA...what kind of vitamin packs are you taking? I need a good vitamin and it's so hard to find the one that a Woman should take. I could get ONE A DAY for WOMEN, but sometimes, it's better to go with something that helps a BUDDY too!! New pictures of the kids?????

MONET...So glad you had a good time...just being in the mountains would do it for me....the hot tub is a good addition to have though! I missed you thought while you were gone...I'm glad you're back!!

WHERE IS EVERYONE TODAY???

BOB
Old 09-08-2006, 05:55 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Hey, guys. It's been a busy week. Last weekend we went to Pensacola for a mini-vacation. I managed to gain 3#'s back in 2 days. But I've been good since Monday and they are gone now, so I'm back to 168. I went to the doc for the 1st time in 2 years on Wednesday. Not good news. Went in for a pap and had that AND an endometrial biopsy(painful!). I go back on the 19th for the results. I don't even want to think about it being cancer. So keep me in your thoughts and prayers please. Not much else going on. I'm doing good with my workouts. Just trying to do good with my eating. Well, I hate to cut this short but I'm busy at work! Have a good weekend!
Old 09-08-2006, 06:14 PM   #38  

At last I'm on here. Took my friend to the hospital for her tests this morning at the crack of dawn after not sleeping good all night. Came home and hit the couch and took a long nap. So I'm just getting around.

Monet- I'm so happy you're home. I missed you...

Bob- Glad the doctor got your meds straightened out. Sounds like you're prepared to GO!!! Good luck I know what a hard road back it is.

Solly- Oh wow thats great they have ww bobloi pizza crusts. I'll have to try and find some on line. Living in Never Never land here they'll never get them.. LOL. You find the best things to eat.

Talitha- Yea for going down. Keep up the good work.

Thin- Don't mention a french dip sand. I love those...

Heartmom- You'll get that 2lbs off in no time.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:27 PM   #39  

Evening everyone! I only have a minute...I need to finish this baby blanket I am knitting for a shower in the morning. Nothing like leaving it to the last minute!

Dinner was Reuben sandwiches on homemade rye bread, and broccoli slaw. It was ok..the homemade rye is wonderful, even if I do say so myself. I used my grandmother's Bohemian Rye Bread recipe and stone ground rye flour I got at a mill up in the mountains.

Love to you all...off to finish the knitting! I am such a knit wit!
Old 09-09-2006, 12:58 AM   #40  

Hey ladies. Tonight was WONDERFUL!!! We had about 15 people show up. I'm just so excited!!! Two people decided to become consultants so I get to start training them. It's gonna be a busy month

And you'll be so proud of me. I bought cheese and fruit to have out. A local restaurant donated hummus and WW pita bread and La Madeleine's donated a huge tray of cookies. I'm happy to say I ate lots of grapes strawberried and cheese, and then I drank a smoothie ( since I was making them for people to sample the protein and fiber shakes). I'm so proud of myself for skipping cookies and from La Madeleine's, no less!

Just had to pat myself on the back
Old 09-09-2006, 07:28 AM   #41  

I finished the blanket and it is all wrapped and ready to go to the shower. I have to go set up at church, and somehow get to Costco to purchase flowers and some large roast to cook for the evening meeting at church, then I have to fix dinner on Monday. I am going to have a talk with the pastor about them scheduling two major events I am in charge of back to back like this. Its too much on me....

TALITHA: Yay! I am glad it went well! Good for you on passing up the cookies!
Old 09-09-2006, 09:30 AM   #42  
Addicted to potato salad!

Just another quickie: Kyle's doing GREAT in school. Will try to post a picture...

Talitha: Just wondering...did Lucas get his blanket? I guessed on your last name from your fitday link. I wanted to get it in the mail before he goes to college and didn't want to wait for a reply. Anyhow...just wondering if you got it or if someone else in Atlanta is using it.

Monet: Glad you're back...sounds like a wonderful trip. Have fun on your busy days!! I'm still plugging along on your gramma's blanket...but I keep getting distracted.

Laurie: Hugs and prayers for you that your tests turn out okay. And that they get the results to you very soon so you don't lose sleep at night.

Toni: We should all have good friends like you!! You deserved the nap!!

Solly: YOu are so much stronger than I am in a restaurant...I cave immediately.

Bob: Of course, if you can't tell US, who can you tell? I hope the meds help. You've been through more than your fair share of stress and I hope this helps you. That's what they make the medications for!

So, Derek has a week or two off between jobs. We're going to totally attack the basement and garage and get them organized. I don't know if any of you have ever lived near water with 7 gigantic maple trees in your yard, but I can tell you teh disadvantage of this is that gargantuan spiders love it and live in my garage...so I'm going to set off about three bug bombs before we even start...so whatever we come across is at least dead. It should be fun...

Gotta run...more replies later on...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT1619.jpg (34.5 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg PICT1621.jpg (35.9 KB, 13 views)
Old 09-09-2006, 10:22 AM   #43  

Tech- We haven't gotten the blanket yet. How longhas it been since you sent it? If someone else in Atlanta is using it, I'll hunt them down Cumi is actually my middle name, but should that matter for shipping it? Kyle's pics are soo cute!! What a great smile!

I got up and had my smoothie. I've decided that I'm going to start weight watchers after I get back from Orlando next week. I'm going to buy 10 weeks and see if that gets me jump started. I need the meetings, I think. I'll go on weekends so Travis can watch the kids. BUt I'll still stick to SB rules of course .
Old 09-09-2006, 10:33 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Morning. I'm at work(sigh). At least it's not a full day. Have to get my grandmother afterwards and go to the grocery store. Then this evening I'm going to my cousin's surprise bday party. Probably won't be legal but I don't plan on a binge either. I'm really trying on self-control. Telling myself it's okay to indulge on occasion, but not to overeat leading to a binge. This is my biggest obstacle. Well, we're getting customers...
Old 09-09-2006, 01:04 PM   #45  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

GO VOLS!! BEAT AIR FORCE!!!!!

I am REVVED UP and READY TO GO on my eating today!!!! Got my chicken out to thaw and will be grilling up that and some pork chops for Kate a little later!

I've got SUSAN'S game on, but of course she has already told me to pull for the other team, so I'm a MISSISSIPPI STATE fan this after noon!!!!

BUT....TONIGHT, THEM DAWGS PLAY SOUTH CAROLINA AND I CAN'T WAIT!!! I'll be a GEORGA FAN tonight!!! You know what they say...IF YOU CAN'T PLAY LIKE A BIG DAWG, GET OFF THE PORCH!! [SIZE="3"MONET....they are playing of TV so be sure to TUNE IN!!

TALITHA...do those people come under your Leaderhip since they joined last night? YOU GO GIRL!!!

KRIS...I know it sound crazy, but I already feel better today after two doses of the PAXIL...I just do better on it and I mean all the way around!!
I must have missed your post that DEREK got the job so CONGRATS!! I can't believe how blonde KYLES hair has gotten this summer!! So CUTE!!!! Looks like he's grown some too!

TONI...I've got the WAGON parked right out front with the MUSIC PLAYING!! That's good KARMA!!!!

LAURIE...Sorry you had to work today...I was supposed to but blew it off!
to whomever's birthday it is...Have a good time, but watch that binging...did you read what happened to me!!!!

MONET...I've got faith in you and you'll get it done with time to spare! Who's shower??? Is it for OUR NEW SUGAR BUSTER BABY BOY???

THIN...What's on your agenda today????

WELL GIRLS....I'm off to watch this game!! I'm going to see if I can get KIMMY back on here...I'll send her an email and see what I can do!!
[/SIZE]

BOB

Last edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE; 09-09-2006 at 01:10 PM.
Closed Thread