Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 09:57 PM   #1  

Default Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 12/12 - 12/18

Welcome to Sugarbusters!

This is the Sugarbusters support board, where anyone following, or interested in following, Sugarbusters is welcome to come for discussion, and support. We hope you will become a part of our great group!

We try to have different themes for different days of the week.

MONDAY: MMM, or Metal Monster Monday, is when we weigh in, and post our progress. This is voluntary.

TUESDAY: Is tip day- we try to share a tip, or two to help each other.

WEDNESDAY: Is Wonderful Wednesday. On Wednesdays, we share something wonderful about our selves, or our lives.

THURSDAY: Is Thirst Day! A reminder to drink your water! Its a good day to share a recipe too!

FRIDAY: Is FF, for Friday funnies. Everyone needs a laugh on Friday!

You are welcome to post questions, vent frustrations, whatever, but please be respectful of others and their beliefs.

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/for....php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have FIVE INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/for....php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...32#post1040332

NEWBIES: To post a reply, please hit reply and NOT new thread
Old 12-12-2005, 07:53 AM   #2  

CHALLENGES:

1. Plan your menus for the next two weeks so that the busy hustle and bustle of the season doesn't set you up for failure.

2. Drink your water!

3. Make your exercise a priority, and don't put it aside for other things. (and POST it!)
Old 12-12-2005, 08:05 AM   #3  

Good morning. I am guessing everyone is too busy to post lately. The board sure is slow. My marathon of things to do ends this Wednesday. I got through the weekend, and now I have to prepare for tomorrow and Wednesday when I am doing the gingerbread houses with the art classes. Once I get through that, I don't have TOO much to do. Tom took my packages to work this morning and will ship they at UPS on his lunch hour or after work. I still need to knit my mother in law's afghan, but I am not feeling too pressed about that right now. My most pressing and stressful thing to deal with is the gingerbread, and then the fact that I HAVE to get new eyeglasses before the end of the year, and Tom wants me to go today to do it. I can't keep putting it off, but today is NOT a good day. Oh well.

Dinner last night was NOT legal. I made beef wellingtons, roasted asparagus and roasted potatoes. We had a cheesecake for dessert which I made with only 1/2 cup sugar. It was not sweet, and I liked that. I put strawberries on the top that were tossed with a bit of agave. Oh, and I used low fat cream cheese when I made it.

All that did not matter on the scale though. I was up 2 pounds. I am not surprised as I had three parties I had to attend over the weekend. I hope it drops back down after a day or two on plan. I was NOT good at the parties. All my planning went out the window when I saw the chocolate fountain at the first party. The second one was Cuban food, and I did not know what was in the stuff as I have never looked into Cuban recipes...and the third was bad in that I fixed what my son requested and it was not legal, and I ate it anyway. Back on the straight and narrow today. You all feel free to kick my hiney if I even LOOK like I might stray now....

I am off to make some hot tea and have some legal breakfast... be back later!

PS Don't you love these new smilies?

Old 12-12-2005, 08:57 AM   #4  

I'm feeling so lazy today. Can't seem to get out of my robe. I know I need to get to the Y. I didn't go all last week with Selah sick and just being busy. I didn't sleep well all weekend.

We went to the Festival of Trees on Saturday. A friend of ours won free tickets on the local christian radio station, and couldn't use them. We had fun, but I doubt we would go back unless it was free again. The trees were pretty but Selah jsut wasn't as into it as I wexpected. She loved the games and rides, though..

I weighed in at 192 this morning. So I haven't actually gained any baby weight yet, but I've gained back most of what I lost being sick. I had 3 parties this weekend, so I'm pretty happy with that. I think I was 195 the week I found out I was pregnant?

I'm still nauseated, but not actually 'losing it' as often as with my other kids. It feels strange feel sick, but not actaully 'be sick'. I kinda liked it beter when I jsut threw up and had some relief for an hour before I felt sick again. I'm only 8 1/2 weeks. I'm sure I'll start gaining in the next few. I have this feeling that I am going to gain more with this one. I'm comitted to being careful as much as I can handle. I'm just torn. I absolutely don't want to 'let myself go' and gain a ton of weight, but I don't want to obscess over it either. I'm having a hard time finding a healthy medium. I gained 14 lbs with Selah, and 16 with Jacob. It's very unlikely that that will happen this time, since I'm not 'lossing my lunch' as much as before. I jsut don't know what to expect. I'm happy with it so far. I jsut wish I could stop focussing on it constantly. I catch myself going into the obsessed mindframe and I hate it.

So menu for this week. I am going to stick to Protein shakes for breakfasts. Lunches and dinners may be touch and go. Today my mom wanted to meet fo lunch and go shopping after. I told her that I would rather eat at home and meet at 2 so that the kids could have their nap. I'm pretty proud of myself. Getting a Gyro at the mall sounded sooo good!! I have plenty of my chicken chili left and I really like it. We'll have that for lunch. I'm going to make Garbonzo soup as soon as we are done with the CHili. I know Trav is so sick of the soups, but I just can't deal with raw meat. Maybe in a few weeks. He's beenw orking late ever night, anyway.

I have 3 parties this week, too. I'm going to try to be good, but if I am good with everything else, hopefully the parties won't throw me off too much. I'm feeling more amod more sensitive to sugar. Just a few bites of the borthday cake yesterday made me miserable. It's a good thing. I jsut have to remind myself that it's not worth paying for all day. I'm suprised that I haven't craves chocolate like I did with the others, but I guess that may still come.

Well have a great day ladies. I'm going to go guzzle some water and mark it off my sheet on the fridge

Talitha
Old 12-12-2005, 09:14 AM   #5  

Good morning- I decided not to weigh in this morning. I can just feel it in my "pants" that I have not lost- and with the stressed weekend I had with my mom, I know it would be a bummer if I did not lose. (which I'm pretty sure I didn't) Soooo... maybe like you, Monet, after a couple strict days on plan, I will try weighing in and see what happens!! The weekends are so hard now because we spend it visiting my mom, and eating on the run. I try to make good choices, but sometimes that isn't even an option!! So, I'm going to use the weekdays to "tighten it up" and do as best as I can.

This weekend was hard for me- I helped my mom in the shower for the first time. It was really an eye-opener as to how bad this stroke really was. She needed help with everything. She seemed so helpless- it was so tough. I know it will take time for her to get stronger, but its just hard seeing your mom that way!

I need to go get something for my daughter to eat- she's "starving". (She already ate a big breakfast- she always is munching) She's a beanpole too!!!

MUNCH
Old 12-12-2005, 09:35 AM   #6  

Breakfast was a small piece of leftover crustless low fat cheese cake, and a couple of strips of beef jerky. I am waiting on a friend of mine to get here. We are going to the Super Wal Mart and walking and doing a bit of shopping. I have an eye doctor appointment this afternoon to get new glasses. I am afraid my prescription is going to have changed a LOT. I just hope the glasses are not too thick!

MUNCH: I am so sorry your mom is having to go through this. Stress can really do a number on us, so just do what you can with the eating, and please don't worry about it.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:49 AM   #7  

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I spent Saturday night at Chateau Elan! It's a resort spa in North Georgia. The Pepsi managers from four different locations get together for a Christmas get together every year. We had a reception with hor dervs (SP?), dinner in the atrium, and dessert in another fancy room. When we got back to the room, the covers had been turned down with chocolates on each pillow. Huge tub in the bathroom, for a long hot bubble bath. Christmas decorations everywhere. It was WONDERFUL! Of course I did not stay on plan, Are you kidding! Chocolate mousse in a champagne glass and strawberry and orange petit fours? YUMMY! Then today, there's PB cheesecake and chocolate peppermint cheesecake in the teachers lounge!
I'm being tempted like you wouldn't believe! BUT< I had only a small taste of cheesecake and I have my water here at my desk with me. So, We'll see how it goes!
Old 12-12-2005, 01:07 PM   #8  

Hey everyone!

I just got in from going to Super Wal Mart with a friend. We walked a lot and I got a few things I needed. She finished her Christmas shopping while we were there.

Lunch was two Mavarik hot dogs (no fillers) on two ww buns. Yum! I don't usually like hot dogs, but these are really good, and worth the extra $$. I am going to go work on dividing up the candy for tomorrow and Wednesday before I have to go to my eye appointment.

Not much else is happening around here...seems like its quiet all over the place since there is hardly any posts this morning! Hope all is well with all of you....

Old 12-12-2005, 03:13 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Just a fly by.

Things are crazy busy at work, home, etc. We are painting my DD's new house. The whole house, so we have a lot to do. They want to move in the week after Christmas, but I am wondering if it will happen. We are already worn out and it's only been the first weekend. We will do every night after work to get some done.

Still have a few gifts to pick-up and dinner is at my house. I'm starting to getting stressed.

I won't have time to be on here much.

Got to run.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:54 PM   #10  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!

I can tell it's the HOLIDAY'S...the board usually gets so slow at this time and then will pick up afterwards only to slow to the regulars once again...so those of you who are fairly new to us..don't dispair...just hang in here with us!

MUNCH...My Mom hasn't had a stroke, but has to have help in the bath (getting in and out) too. I'm checking into getting our tub replaced with just the shower. I'll see if I can find a website to send to you about it. They come in and do it in one day, and since the drain is already there, it's a good thing to look into. There is a small lip to step over, but not high at all. We already have the bars installed which really helps too. I know what you're going through and it's not an easy thing. I'm here if you need me!

MONET...where did you get those hotdogs????

SOLLY...don't wear yourself out...You'll have to post pictures when you're done!

TALITHA...being sick but not throwing up is exactly what was happening to me when I was out so much from work. My Doc has now diagnosed me with a "stress related" syndrome. There has been so much going on at work since last April and with all the weight that I've gained and the being sick, he is totally convinced that the stress has caused it all! My point being....I can relate with what you're going through....EVEN THOUGH I'M NOT PREGGERS!!!

THIN...what a wonderful weekend. That resort is so beautiful. DId you get to use any of the SPA facilities? My cousin goes there from Greenville SC with her friends several times a year for "girls weekend out". Glad you had a good time...

Well..I'm off to find some grub. Probably leftover roast beef...and of course....GREEN BEANS!!

BOB
Old 12-12-2005, 07:32 PM   #11  

I'm such a dork. I drove through Taoc Bell and got a bean burritto after all of the resolve I had this morning!!!! I feel so sick now!!!! Jacob went to bed early. That's what he gets for waking up at 5:30 this morning!!!

I should be cleaning my house before my husband gets home.

Monet- I love the MAverick Hot Dogs!!! They are the only ones we eat.

BOB- Thanks for relating It's nice to know someone else knows howI feel

Thin- Travis and I went the Chateau Elan for his christmas party a few years ago. It was so much fun!!! Those rooms are great. We loved it. His new job isn't evne HAVING a Christmas party because their corporate office doesn't allow it in the budget!! Stinks!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-12-2005, 07:44 PM   #12  

Hello... I love them ! Can we keep them all year long? J/K but they are very cute.
Anyway.. I had a pretty good day. Got to the gym tonight and workout on the machines. Hey I ordered a calestenic (sp) dvd. Ive been reading that this is really getting popular again so I thought Id add it to my exercise routine.

Talitha- Im sorry about the preggy sickness. Even though its been 22 ish years for me I remember it well.

Thin- wow that sounds like fun. Some real pampering ! I want to go next time

Munch - Aww its so good that your mom has you there to help. I know how you feel though cause I remember having to help my dad dress and get up get on the pot..etc. It is very hard seeing your parent needing help like that.
But I tell ya theres no greater joy than being able to help out and be there for them.

Monet- I was up a pound on the scale this morning. I think mine was from the ham I made last night. I always have a hard time eating baked ham and the sodium. So Im hoping it will be gonna tomorrow.

Well off to relax for the evening! See you all tomorrow !
Old 12-12-2005, 11:13 PM   #13  

Just a fly by. I got my new glasses already. I love Lenscrafters! They had them for me in an hour. The frames are half frames, and look much lighter. I can see now too!

I ran around and did errands for school tomorrow. I got an email from the sixth and seventh grade teacher tonight letting me know that the 6 & 7 grades have finals this week, so will not have art on Wednesday! I was SOOO mad! This is the third time in four weeks it has been cancelled for that class. sheesh.

The Michaels store near me is closing, so I went there tonight to find a few things I need for tomorrow and Wednesday. Everything was 30% off, but I seriously wonder if they did not up the prices before they started the closing. They moved all the basic stuff, like glues, and all the art supplies, like pastels and such, to another store. I would have liked some of that stuff, but it was not there.

Its time for bed, and tomorrow will be another busy day. Hopefully, by Thursday I can chill some!
Old 12-13-2005, 08:46 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies.

Boy am I today. We painted until 9:00, then I went to the grocery, then I threw some dinner in the crockpot for tonight. Got all my stuff together for today. This morning I did 2 loads of laundry and was at K-mart by 7:00. Picked up a couple things I needed. I was the only one in the store. I may have to take a nap on my lunch hour.

Eating has not been good with being at my DD's all day and night. I throw something in the crockpot that feeds a lot of people and takes no time to fix. Tonight is Dinty Moore Beef Stew.

Bob, how do you season your green beans. You sure eat a lot of them.

Monet, how disappointing that they cancelled that class again. Glad you like your new glasses.

Talitha, just put that burrito behind you and move forward. Hope you are feeling better.

Cindy, WTG getting to the gym. That DVD sounds hard to do. Unfortunately I haven't gotten to the gym this week and it doesn;t look like I will get there until after Christmas with all this painting and moving. Only way I can go is to go at 5:00 a.m. and I have been so tired, I just can't get up at 4:45 to workout.

Got to run, Have a great day.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:10 AM   #15  

Good morning. I have some errands to do today. I'm about to go make my Protein Shake. I'm going to try to be good today, but we are going to Moe's for dinner. I can get the nachos and not eat the chips. Or, I thought about geting fajitas and taking my own TOrtillas. I have some Ezekiel TOrtillas in the freezer. WOuld that be weird? I may be able to eat beforeI go to the meeting. I don't know....

I'll be back on later. Gotta jump in the shower while the kids are happy with Sesame Street. Won't last long!!!
Closed Thread